Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• A cash flow budget as the name implies us the difference between the cash received which is income during a given period of time to the cash spent which is expenditures or expenses during the same given period of time.
    To calculate cash flow budget depends on the organization scale if it's a large organization or a small organization.
    For a small organization cash flow budget can be created every three months because the income and expenditures are not large scaled but for a large organization cash flow budget should be created weekly to be able to track down income and expenses of the company.

• My organisation’s cash flow budget should be prepared quarterly. This is because our major and only source of funding is from one donor. This funding has basically been secured for the length of the program which the organisation undertakes. Hence, the inflow of funds into the organisation is basically agreed upon at the start of the year for disbursement quarterly.

• For smaller organizations and business they should create cash flow budgets on monthly basis as their income sources are very limited as compared to big organizations which can do at every three months as the work is complex. So it can depend on size of the organization.

• For me, cash flow budget is prepared every month.

• Our organization should create a cash flow budget for every three months because thats the period when most of the activities will have been implemented.

• Our organization is run based on a term which comprises mostly of 3 or 4 months. Therefore, we should create a cash flow budget every month inorder to have a clear picture of the funds availability for the remaining months. This will ensure that we have enough funds for the rest of the period and it will help to keep track of the activities being implemented if they are in line with set objectives.

• Due to the nature of the project my organization run, I believe that a monthly cash flow budget is the best for us, so that we know when to expect funding from our funders and how to spent the cash inflows.

• The Cash flow budget is being created every month in my Institution, this is because we needed to track cash in and cash out every month.

• a cash flow budget should be done every three months , because it will give more data to analyze and is better to plan budgets out for three months making it time efficient .

• Our cash flow should be done every week because we receive and spend money daily and this type of spending should not be tracked in long periods of time.

• The cash flow of my organization is done every week to check on cash in and cash out

• In our case we need a monthly cash-flow budget. First, most of our donors send money on a monthly basis.
    Secondly, our most of the liabilities are due after 30 days which means we need proper planning of cash-flow deficit and financial deficit thereon

• The organisation I work for is pretty large in terms of annual implementation and number of employees. There are also various programmes which have numerous projects under each. The frequency of creating cash flow budgets will depend on the programme type. However, for the overall organisation, we create annual cash flow budgets.

• The cash flow budget should be created weekly to keep a close eye on cash so that any red flags can be corrected for early on and corrected on time

• I feel cash flow analysis should be done on a monthly basis to keep a tract of all cash inflows and cash outflows monthly and know the balance available for running the organization

• Everything is wonderful! The course justifies the hopes!

• My organization creates its cash flow budget every three months. It’s easier to manage. And also because we do not have much cash in and cash out, there’s no need to do it more frequently.

• Hello there,
    We have a cahflow analysis every quarter. That helps us to plan our activities and execute our tasks efficiently.

• Developing your cash flow budget is a matter of adding up your projected cash inflows and subtracting your outflows on a month-to-month or more frequent basis. What you are left with is the remaining cash balance you will have on hand, or cash flow. If it is a positive number, great. If it is negative, there are issues.

• In my organization, cash flow budget requires regular revision at least once per month.

• it would be best for my organization to create a cash flow budget every month as medium term analysis give each project enough time for a fair judgement of project performance that will drive informed decision making pertaining which projects should be discontinued, carried on board to improve the cash condition or carried forward

• In our business we create a cash flow for every month, and cash flow projection for the next following month to control better the expenses. That's help us to focus more in the most important expenses.

• To keep your projections on track, create a rolling 12-month plan that you update at the end of each month. If you add a new month to the end every time a month is completed, you'll always have a long-term grasp of your business's financial health. However, don't try to project more than 12 months into the future.

• In my organization, the cash flow budget is done monthly in order to track what's coming in and going out and this helps to make informed decisions presently and for the future.

• Creating a cash flow budget is specific to the cash demands of the organization. This is to avoid a cash deficit situation.

Different businesses have varying cash needs which are driven by their production cycles, recurring expenditure dates, seasonal expenses, etc. And because cash is a scarce resource in company financing, it is imperative to build a cash reserve to match the cash demands of the organization. If a particular department of the company has no need for cash for some time, it makes no economic sense, to tie that money down, as that money can be redeployed to another department of the company that needs it.

The cash flow budget should be designed having taken into consideration seasons or periods during the year when you have cash inflows and other times when you have outflows. This would help achieve a cash reserve that can cater for the cash needs of the organization and deploy the surplus to other deficit sectors or departments of the company.

• I believe the best period to create a cashflow is budget is monthly and Quarterly. It makes sense for a enterprises which has daily expenditure and income to make a weekly but a on profit would not usually have everyday income and expenditure. There may be expenditure but that is most of the time predictable. It would make sense to create a monthly Cashflow budgets

• Un budget de trĂ©sorerie doit ĂŞtre prĂ©parĂ© tous les mois. En effet, la plupart des sorties de trĂ©sorerie sont effectuĂ©es sur une base mensuelle et, par consĂ©quent, la budgĂ©tisation mensuelle peut permettre Ă  l'organisation de voir une image claire et fidèle de sa position de liquiditĂ©.

• Un budget de trĂ©sorerie doit ĂŞtre prĂ©parĂ© tous les mois. En effet, la plupart des sorties de trĂ©sorerie sont effectuĂ©es sur une base mensuelle et, par consĂ©quent, la budgĂ©tisation mensuelle peut permettre Ă  l'organisation de voir une image fidèle de liquiditĂ©.

• At our organisation, the cashflow budget should be done monthly. This is because the firm needs to know how much money will be income for the month and how much will be spent for the month. It helps to determine any variances that may arise and what action to take to make sure that the budget is spent in line with the donor's contract. Since the bulk of the operations are done on a cash basis, a monthly cashflow budget helps the organisation to plan and ensure there is enough cash to cover the expected expenses for each month.

• Our project finances shall be communicated through finance reports that shall be submitted monthly.

• In my organization, we create a cash flow budget every month. This helps us to manage our cash inflow and plan on how the cash outflow will take place in order to satisfy each department's budget and achieve effective resource management.

• In my organization, the cash flow must be verified every week, in order to meet the cash demand of each of the projects to be executed.

• I propose creating cash flow budgeting every month, specially if the organization is selling short cycle products or there is repetitive sales in the very short span of time.

• Cash flow budget should created in monthly basis, since most of the operational expenses are recurring monthly, such as employee's salary, electricity and water bill, car rents, etc.

• Our decision has been based on the intensity or frequency of our operations. In our organization, a cash flow budget is done monthly. A few of the expenses and incomes are routine, but hardly realized on the same dates. I recommend continuity with the one month cash flow budgets because it permits us to effectively track and have an overview since we typically program activities on monthly basis.

• In my organization, cash flow budget is prepared every month to reveal major source and utilization of cash and also to determine the variation in plan and possible causes of such variation.

C
    1 Reply
  • Right now, I think we are only doing cashflow analysis once a year during annual audit. I think it might be better to do this quarterly or even monthly. I think it would help us save on overhead for future capital plans as well.

• That's great! That seems like a good practice.

• The cash flow budget estimates the future income and expenditure of the business, revealing any periods where it may fall short of cash

• My organization need to create a cash flow budget monthly because of the need to sustain operations and because the inflationary rate.

• In my own opinion cash flow cannot be a "one size fits all" financial tool, it has to be tailor made to suit each organization's peculiarity, considering how often the organization's financial expenditures demand.
    So basically it weekly, monthly or quarterly.

• Three months.
    Because that's when we do all the accounting. So it can be so easy for us to sit and plan for the next 3 months. We review our budgets to see if the projections were correct if not we adjust and make follow ups on all partners who didn't deliver on time as expected.

• Cash flow helps to predict when cash level become critical in my organisation. It is the different between cash received and spent in a period.

• Cash flow helps to predict when cash level become critical in my organisation. It is the different between cash received and spent in a period.

• I will use the top-down process in small organisation to save time and energy in the budgeting process and get accurate information from other team members.

• I believe that a cash flow should be made monthly so that it's easier to do a yearly one

• A cash flow budget is an estimate of all cash received and all cash spend out that are expected to occur during a period of time . In order to keep in track with project budget cash flow budgets my organization does a cash flow every week, as it receives inform and spends on a weekly basis. This helps to see if implementation is on track according to agreed budget

• Budget should be made after three month, because we could be project the success of our expenses for a reasonable period of time

• I think they should do it monthly. The reason is payment of salaries and other expenses that need to be paid monthly like electricity bills water bills and so many other bills

• Cashflow budget should be prepared every month. In my Organization, its been done monthly. This is because most cash outflows is done on monthly basis and thus doing the budgeting monthly or probably weekly can enable the organization see a true picture of their liquidity position and monitor and track cash inflow both income and expenditures.

• A cash flow statement is a valuable measure of a long-term future outlook of a company and I think a business should do well to create it weekly. I know this may sound a bit much or time taking, but it could be used as a basis to determine the firm's strengths and weakness faster, and to find the means and ways to work out any discrepancies quicker before they pull the firm down. Because keeping good track of a business' activities is very beneficial to keep it running

• Altleast the cash flow should be prepared every month so that some of the economic uncentainities are factored in for every month such as changes in interest rate, inflation and some times devaluation issues

• the cash flow in my organization is done monthly this is because the organization want to keep records of what came in as income within each month and what when out as expenses so as to be on track .

• Cash flow budget should be created every month. This will help the management to compare the actual figures with the budgeted figures hence trace the financial strength and weaknesses of the organization.

• A good period would be one week. It will create a real picture of outflows as well as outflows and the organization will be able to thoroughly predict it's profitability in the long run.

• i believe that the cash flow budget must be made on weekly basis in my organization to track the cash availability

• Cashflow budget should be prepared every month. This is because most cash outflows is done on monthly basis and thus doing the budgeting monthly can enable the organization see a true picture of their liquidity position.

• I believe my organization should conduct Cash flow budget weekly in order to have full details of how funds enters and leaves the organizations account and also to help keep detailed record of surplus and deficit.

• The Cash flow budget is being created every week in my organization, this is because we needed to track cash in and cash out every week.

• A cash flow budget is an estimate of all cash receipts and all cash expenditures that are expected to occur during a certain time period. In order to keep in track with project budget cash flow budgets must be done every month. This helps to see if implementation is on track according to agreed budget.

• A good period would be one week. It will create a real picture of outflows as well as outflows and the organization will be able to thoroughly predict it's profitability in the long run.

• cash flow budget should be a continuous thing. i think this should be done monthly to asertain the strength of the organization

• we create cash flow on a daily bases because that way we track what comes in and out daily

• Every three months due to the change in the currency exchange rate

• Cash flow is conducted every week in my organization. Not, completely sure.

• Cash flow is conducted every week in my organization. Not, completely sure.

• our organisation have to create a cash flow budget for every three months, since it doesn't have a much flow weekly

• Cash inflow is the money going into a business which could be from sales, investments, or financing. It's the opposite of cash outflow, which is the money leaving the business

• I think that at this point of the organization, in terms of size and budget, every three months would be a good moment to check cash-flow projections. It is not a common practice for us because we have had a healthy reserve that can make-up for most needs if necessary, but I have been in organizations that had problem paying their staff on time due to cash flow issues. Better saffe than sorry!

• From personal experience and working with a small organization I feel we would benefit from doing our cash flow analysis weekly. As of now our only source of funds is grants and individual donations, so to keep our projects running we need to do it weekly so as to be able to forecast how long to keep things running

P
    1 Reply
  • I think cashflow budgets should be created quarterly.

• In My Organisation, cash flow budgeting is done monthly. reason been that imp-rest (Cash Inflow is allocated to us on monthly basics while the expenditure i.e. Cash Outflow run down through the month. for proper accountability, it is done on monthly basics.

• Cash flow budget should be created on a monthly basis. This is to ensure the tracking and managing of money flow in the organization.
    It helps to give a holistic picture of the spending activities of the organization that might not be reflected in the Statement of Comprehensive Income document.
    It also helps to have an improved knowledge of cash balance. A this helps to analyze whether there is an excess or a deficit of cash.

• Cash flow is the difference between cash received and cash spent within a period of time so in my opinion cash flow budgeting should be done monthly in order to track weather the organization is doing well in terms of wether the amount of money they are getting is more than they are spending and if there is deficit they need to find ways to balance it by maybe taking temporary loan to cover up the deficit

• Cash flow show be created monthly, so as to keep track of project expenditure.

• I believe our organisation should be creating a cash flow budget every month because it's a new organization and monthly cash flows will help to monitor how money is coming in and flowing out so that in a long run we're able to make adjustments if need be when there is increase in inflows and outflows.

• A cash flow budget is an estimate of all cash receipts and all cash expenditures that are expected to occur during a certain time period. So my organization should practice this cashflow every month

• In my organization, cash flow budget is done every month in other to track cash inflow and cash outflows as regarding a project and our overall operations. With the cash flow budget done monthly, we are about to see in real time receivable and available income for use, also to capture what's to be expended, cut down or postponed to another month when there will be sufficient funds to cater for them based on priority.

• My organization monitors cash flow monthly. We've been around long enough and our income and expenses are steady enough that this seems to be the right frequency for ensuring positive cash flow. Also we have enough reserves -- small, but enough -- that we are somewhat protected from an occasional negative cash flow month.

• I am located in Zambia Central of southern Africa and for me in my opinion we should do a cash flow budget every 3 months because of Inflation fluctuations and the unpredictable exchange rate.

• For Our "Sustainable Harvest Foundation," creating a monthly cash flow budget would likely be most suitable. This frequency aligns with the organization's diverse income sources, seasonal activities, and operational expenses. Monthly budgets enable timely adjustments, responsive decision-making, and accurate reporting to stakeholders. While weekly budgets might be too frequent, monthly budgets strike a balance between tracking finances and managing administrative efforts efficiently.

• This depends on the size of the organisation. For large & medium size organisations, monthly cashflow budget is adviced, while a small size organisation can prepare cashflow budget every three months and any event is foresaw, a one month cashflow budget can be prepared for budget alignment.

• It is should be prepared every three months to enable departments to focus and strategically make the budget.

• Montlhy basis

• Since my organization is new and small with slim source of revenue, i feel it should be monthly

• The frequency at which an organization should create a cash flow budget depends on several factors, including its size, industry, and specific financial circumstances. In general, businesses often create cash flow budgets on a monthly basis

• The Cash flow budget is being created every month in my Institution, this is because we needed to track cash in and cash out every month.

• I believe our organization should develop a cash flow budget every three months (quarterly) and monitor it on monthly basis. This is because cash inflows and outflows may fluctuate monthly due to several occurrences which we may sometimes not have a control over, but we can be able to maintain them over a three months period. If on a certain month either a cash inflow did not happen as expected, we may find the reasons and try to solve that in the next month to maintain the quarterly target. On the other hand, if for any unexpected reason we had to spend more than the budget in a certain month, we can spend next in another month to maintain a quarterly budget.

• The cash flow budget is being created every month in my organasation, beacause we needed to know the real situation about our cash flow disponibility

• In our organization, it depends on the cash commitment from donors. Most of the time bridge financing is in practice to cover the outflows during the interim.

• The frequency of creating a cash flow budget depends on the specific needs and circumstances of the organization. Typically, many organizations create a cash flow budget on a monthly basis. However, businesses with rapidly changing financial situations might opt for more frequent budgets, such as every week or every three months. It's essential to assess the organization's financial stability, industry norms, and specific requirements to determine the appropriate frequency for creating a cash flow budget.

• Cash flow budget should be created monthly, to provide the finance office and budget holders sufficient time to review cash flow breakdown (income-expenditure) for the month and to enable the team track financial activities towards accountability of funds and having a clear picture of current status following cash flow.

• Due to the nature of business there is a need for there is a need to review the cash flow budget every three months. It is not a funded organization as such regular review in necessary.

• Despite frequency of cash flow projection may vary based on organization specific needs and industry, I prefer monthly options because it offers advantage of more detailed and up to date information, enabling proactive financial management, and informed decision making.

• Its created monthly as the environment is very volatile

• In my organisation, the cash flow budget is created every two months. It is on this base that the program managers call for funds from our headquarters

• Preparing the cash flow budget every week will be more effective to my organization as it allows the organization to record in its cash flow statement, the income received for that week and it's expenditure made for the week and if the expense is greater, it enables the organization quickly embark on other means to make sure the cash flow budget is more effective this time around.

• As a remote organization, our budget and spending of fixed cost is mostly for staff and online subscription such as zoom, menti.com, etc. Consider that we don't really have much operational cost to spend in an exact schedule, so I believe that the cash-flow could be created every three months. Otherwise, for project we usually use forecast budget based on planned activities, and also created every three months.

• How often do you believe your organization should create a cash flow budget: Creating a cash flow budget is a critical financial management practice as it helps organizations plan and manage their resources effectively. The appropriate frequency for updating the cash flow budget may vary, but for my organization i believe it should be done monthly as it allows for a more detailed, regular and minimal loaded analysis of income and expenses. analyzing the budget quarterly open the organization to fraud and unauthorized expenditure that occur without being seen for at leas 3 months

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.