Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• I think it depends on the size of the organization. If operating a large organization, calculating cashflow every week would be more wise in order to be on top of the considerable amount of cash coming in and going out of the organization. However, in a small organization with limited incomes and expenditures a monthly cashflow may be more appropriate.

• Cash is so important to the operations of a company that, often, companies will arrange to have an emergency cash source, such as a line of credit, to avoid defaulting on current payables due and also to protect against other unanticipated expenses, such as major repair costs on equipment. This line of credit would be similar in function to the overdraft protection offered on many checking accounts.
    Because the cash budget accounts for every inflow and outflow of cash, it is broken down into smaller components. The cash collections schedule includes all of the cash inflow expected to be received from customer sales, whether those customers pay at the same rate or even if they pay at all. The cash collections schedule includes all the cash expected to be received and does not include the amount of the receivables estimated as uncollectible. The cash payments schedule plans the outflow or payments of all accounts payable, showing when cash will be used to pay for direct material purchases. Both the cash collections schedule and the cash payments schedule are included along with other cash transactions in a cash budget. The cash budget, then, combines the cash collection schedule, the cash payment schedule, and all other budgets that plan for the inflow or outflow of cash. When everything is combined into one budget, that budget shows if financing arrangements are needed to maintain balances or if excess cash is available to pay for additional liabilities or assets.
    The operating budgets all begin with the sales budget. The cash collections schedule does as well. Since purchases are made at varying times during the period and cash is received from customers at varying rates, data are needed to estimate how much will be collected in the month of sale, the month after the sale, two months after the sale, and so forth. Bad debts also need to be estimated, since that is cash that will not be collected.

• Cash is so important to the operations of a company that, often, companies will arrange to have an emergency cash source, such as a line of credit, to avoid defaulting on current payables due and also to protect against other unanticipated expenses, such as major repair costs on equipment. This line of credit would be similar in function to the overdraft protection offered on many checking accounts.
    Because the cash budget accounts for every inflow and outflow of cash, it is broken down into smaller components. The cash collections schedule includes all of the cash inflow expected to be received from customer sales, whether those customers pay at the same rate or even if they pay at all. The cash collections schedule includes all the cash expected to be received and does not include the amount of the receivables estimated as uncollectible. The cash payments schedule plans the outflow or payments of all accounts payable, showing when cash will be used to pay for direct material purchases. Both the cash collections schedule and the cash payments schedule are included along with other cash transactions in a cash budget. The cash budget, then, combines the cash collection schedule, the cash payment schedule, and all other budgets that plan for the inflow or outflow of cash. When everything is combined into one budget, that budget shows if financing arrangements are needed to maintain balances or if excess cash is available to pay for additional liabilities or assets.
    The operating budgets all begin with the sales budget. The cash collections schedule does as well. Since purchases are made at varying times during the period and cash is received from customers at varying rates, data are needed to estimate how much will be collected in the month of sale, the month after the sale, two months after the sale, and so forth. Bad debts also need to be estimated, since that is cash that will not be collected.

• How efficient is this?
    Is it not cumbersome and time consuming?

• It depends on the organization. My previous organization create monthly cash flow budget at the end of each month after pay roll. So, every team in the organization can know how much we can spend and how much income will come.

• Since my organization plan everything ahead yearly which including budget for the project. Cash will be preserved for each project in advance. Each project keep track on their spending monthly. However, observing cash flow still need to make sure that money will be transfered from central office to the field office on time. Therefore, monthly cash flow is suitable for my field office.

• I believe our organization should do it every three months considering that the projects we work on normally take more than 3 months to be completed, in that case, cash inflow wont vary that much from one month to another.

• I also think doing it monthly will be judicious. And it also helps in decision making

• It's good for your organization to prepare a cash inflow and outflow budget to track on the development of your organization with regards to your strength and wickness and it will help you know where you should impr

• For my organization, it should be judicious to create a cashflow budget every three months. it is easy for the members/participants to pay for their contributions which are for us a big part of our cash inflows. The main part of cash outflows is the compensation paid to the volunteers.
    It is important to have a well knowledge of your both, cash inflow and out flows in order to manage the sustainability of your organization.

• Monthly cash flow forecasts in line with monthly budgeting cycles to mitigate any changes in income/sales and expenditure forecasts

• We have a cash flow for next three months on weekly basis in place and monitoring the same by every week. Estimation of revenue and expenditures for three months are from the project managers of the particular project. This made us to collect the payments from the customer and to service providers / suppliers in time.

• Monthly cash flow forecasts in line with monthly budgeting cycles to mitigate any changes in income/sales and expenditure forecasts

• In cash flow budget preparation one has to calculate cash receivables and cash expenditure that would take place in a fixed/ certain time period. However, keeping a proper track with project budgeting is equally important and hence, cash flow budgets are prepared monthly and in some countries even weekly. This would help to have some reflective ideas about effective implementation of budget in projects.

• In cash flow budget preparation one has to calculate cash receivables and cash expenditure that would take place in a fixed/ certain time period. However, keeping a proper track with project budgeting is equally important and hence, cash flow budgets are prepared monthly and in some countries even weekly. This would help to have some reflective ideas about effective implementation of budget in projects.

• Our cash flow is created every three months just to keep track of it.

• In our organization we calculate the cash flow every month to keep track of expenditures and incomes monthly

• The Cash flow budget is being created every week in my Institution, this is because we needed to track cash in and cash out every week.

• Having a standardized system creates more organization for the budget. In addition, having all components of the budget within one system also allows you to see the project components, where they overlap and where possible gaps are within your programming. The organization would gain a more streamlined project view from the budget and a cohesive budget to see where possible budget "leaks" are.

• My organization creates a cash budget every three months because we don't have a lot of activity.

• We create our cash flow every two months to see where we are in terms of the funds.

E
    1 Reply
  • I think I will go with the monthly basis. This enables organization to track inflows regularly and ensure that funds are available to attend to the cash outflows for the particular accounting period.

• In our organisation we check the cash flow on monthly basis. This helps to control the inflow cash and expected expenses(Outflow cash)as the organisation should have enough cash flow (remaining cash) every month.

• Cash flow budget should be prepared every three months, part of the reason is because general financial and economic statistics are presented quarterly. This helps in understanding inflation rates and other economic indicators. It also saves the stress of doing so monthly and the avoidance of so much inconsistencies.

A
    1 Reply
  • Cash flow budget in our organisation is being created after every three months.

• I think it's depend the organization activities. organization with the big project/ amount of funding should have a cash flow in monthly basis. As they have a lot of activities from many teams within the organization

• Our organization is small and is currently still in an uncertain state regarding income / donation inflows. So we do a monthly cashflow budget. We see a possible change now with good income coming in, and while we will continue the monthly option now, we may consider changing it to once it two months and then once a quarter option.

• cash budget is created every month, for us track and analyse our cash flows strictly.

• Cash flow budget should be created daily to keep track of cash coming and cash going out with summary at the end of the day. Every end of the week the daily summaries are recorded likewise the end of the month all weekly records are compiled which help in making decisions and budgeting for the year.

• the cash flow should be designed monthly and reviewed quarterly

• My organization should focus on creating monthly budget. Because it is a SME, if it will make its budget quarterly, then it can face some difficulties. Because, if it is facing any lacks in budget then it cannot cover the lacks in three months period as compared to monthly basis.

• Cash flow budget is very important in tracking income and expenses within an organisation. In my case, we do a cash flow on a weekly basis as the income that comes in is used or spent in other expenditures.

• Depending on the size of the program we do a Cash flow every 3 months, every month or even weekly but we always make sure to have enough resources available as to not run into the types of problems explained in the case study. We keep a surplus from past year for these kinds of incidents.

• Ithink it depends alot on the size of the orgnization/program tha you are working with but me personally i think every 3 months is the most decent way to keep track on it
    you can also do small cashflows for each programs to check how everything is going and see if its going to work

• In my opinion, the frequency of analyzing cash flow depends on the organization is big, medium, or small. A large number of operations need a near following and more often. On the other hand, when we have system support doesn't matter if the organization wants to see every three months, every month, or every week.

• I am of the opinion that my organization should develop cash flow budget on both weekly and monthly basis

This will help the organization to keep track of the income and expenditure of the organization, detect budget deficit early, mitigate financial risk and keep the organization liquid

• I would rather do it quarterly. It will give my organization a better projection

• In our organization, we have a tracking record of every transaction done every month. This is done because a cash flow budget cannot be created until you have produced a detailed, reliable, annual operating budget.

• How often do my organizations COYED create is cash flow budget for every three months every month or every week, for that is the procedure for every organization to be in that category,when the whole world with at is speac, at end of every three months I doing with my cash flow budget,,But when is a cruiser period like this, epidemic of Corona Virus, due to the seriousness of Corona virus, with my every day meeting to seen the welfares of they peoples, to offer them an items from prevent them from Corona virus diseases, like offer them a masks , soaps contain for water etc etc, when I looked at the operating budget, for my organization to see the income expect to receive in this Corona virus period,for that every weekly I create a cash flow budget analysis.
    My calculation with cash basis outflow always start when there is a need assistance, in this Corona virus period,
    My weekly expenditure start with cash basis outflow in identified with my annual operational budget, and will need to do some conversion with only expenditure in case cash is to leaving my organization there I have to done with the withdrawal of ,the organization ![alt text](

• image url)Account,
      The difference, I will calculate by subtract my cash basis outflows from my cash basis inflows, when the result be positive.
      By that I will always make sure of check my projections after all the accounting period before the next accounting to start.
  • I think cash flow budgets should be made on a monthly basis

• Cash flow budget should be monthly. Because it's will help to check cash inflow and cash expenditure and also help the organization to know what to expect for salary, project expenses out come and to a certain if the organization is making profit or not so as to adjust .

M
    1 Reply
  • I think it is good to keep good track of your cash flow budget. They should be made on a 3 month basis but maybe checked on a 2 week basis

• The cash flow of any organization should be done monthly so that is will be easy add everything including the cashflows that take place at the end of the month and to keep the annual accounting as it will be easy to work it out in monthly form.

• Sure this could help greatly to keep everything together and also to reduce record congestion.

• I would support this point as monthly cash flow keeps a good track

• Monthly. it will help us to know how much do we need for monthly expenditures and how to cover for it

• I think my organization should create a cashflow budget every 3 months. This will give the organization ample time to source funds and renegotiate on any cash outflows.

• Cash flow should be developed every month and expenses should be traced on daily, weekly and monthly basis to know how the Organization spends its budget.

P
    1 Reply
  • It should be prepared monthly, because it will help us in tracking the incoming funds and expenses per a given month.

• Good observation

• Creating a cash flow budget monthly will enable my organization know its liquidity

• My organization deals with clients, some which pay with credit and others cash so it will be beneficial to do a cash flow budget on a monthly basis to track all the monies expected to be received from clients.

• My organization create monthly cash flow budgets and this has helped it know the fluctuates and as well planned on how best these can be eliminated in the next month.

• I'm my organization we do cash flow budget on quarterly basis (3 months term). At least to us as a small organization the budget be (SMART)

• in my organization we have a cash flow plan quarterly (every three month). when we evaluate quarterly we encounter problems, extra expenses are usually observed for some project activities. the good news is the project manager/executive director has authority to relocate budget (operating budget) from some items to the deficit one. when such authority is not guaranteed it will be good to plan the cash flow to check either weekly or monthly.

• Currently our organization does not have a cashflow budget. we trying to engage management and explain to them the importance of budgeting in general(which also includes cashflow budgeting).

• Cash flow budget id been prepared monthly in my organisation.

• I think a cash flow budget should be maintained every month and the operational budget should be reviewed quarterly to secure the financial health of the organization. This way, if funds are down - the fundraising team can reorganized their campaigns to help the org get back on track.

• We always do a cost analysis every week because most of our services are out of pocket and we need to know the details every week

• I think it cash flow budget should be done on monthly basis this will enable the finance team track whether the activities of the project are carried out within the approved budget.

• In some cases, it is recommended that you prepare a cash flow statement every month because, for many businesses, monthly billings are usual and operating expense—such as rent and wages—are often paid monthly. In some circumstances, quarterly cash flow statements may work.

• Every organization can organize any type of cash flow that suites them. Either quarterly, bi quarterly.

• Cash flow budget is created monthly in my organization

• at our organization cash flow is done on monthly bases .

• Cash flow budgets is done on monthly basis. Salary is major cash flow items and occurs at regular periods of the month. Hence, meeting this cash needed for salaries is a major goal of the organization as it keeps staff motivated which aids the attainment of other goals.

• I believe it should be created every three month to align with major programming cycles as payments to grantees are done approximately every three months and they account for a major part of cash outflow.

• I think cash flow statements should be prepared every month but in my organization where lots of cash transaction takes place every day to meet the payments of suppliers, it should be prepared every week.

• The organization, which I am working with, prepares cash flow budget at the beginning of every month by asking respective project managers cash forecast.

• In my organization we have a lot of expenses all day, so we need to check your cash flow weekly.

• I believe my organization should create a cash flow budget every month. The main reason why one month is appropriate is simple because transactions within month are ample enough and are not too much to prove tedious when creating cash flow budget.

• My organization should create a cash flow budget every month. To enable them keep track of their monthly expenditures

• In my organization, cash flow budget is prepared monthly.

• Our organization depends on quarterly grant hat have to be utilized as per donor's memorandum of understanding (MoU), so we are careful tracking our cash flow every two weeks to know how much cash in our account as to determine if we can purchase and pay services as per our plan or we can minimize the purchases until next funds comes in.

• In my opinion it should be made on monthly basis mostly because of functionality.

• The cash flow budget should be created every month. Some of the operating expenses are incurred monthly, hence it would be important to check the cash flow on a monthly basis. The monthly cash flow will enable the finance team to forecast the cash flow for the whole year.

• The youth development organization had been able to operate for two years without purchasing any vehicles. With only a few beneficiaries, they had been able to transport young people to work sites in vehicles owned by employees or partners.

Now, however, their program had grown too large for this arrangement. The organization would have to buy or lease a van if it wanted to continue offering transportation to its beneficiaries. However, it did not take long for the organization to realize that there was not enough money in their annual operating budget for such a large expense. Loans or other forms of financing would need to be secured

• My organization prepare cash flow schedule every three months, as that the organizational wideness and every activities evaluated every three months.

• At our school we create cash flow budget very month, This way we can project what the next month will look like. All volunteers and teachers give feedback as to what expenses may come up in the next month. As treasurer i am recording the weekly income and expenses. This allow me to short our cash flow and if we are on target .

• For efficient management of cash within the organization which required for smooth operations of programs, Cash flow budget is essential. In my organization, I do prepare cash flow budget every three months, however, i do check every months and do adjustment as necessary.

• yes, in my organization we do it every week so we can meet with wages and salaries we paid for teachers.

• Cash flow budget should me weekly or monthly depending on the spending pattern of the organization so that the organization is aware of the needs and revenues in good time

• Cash flow budget should me weekly or monthly depending on the spending pattern of the organisation so that the organization is aware of the needs and revenues in good time

• I believe that my organization should create a cash flow budget for every three months (quarterly). Why because we are a grant giving Nonprofit organization and our main source of inflow is structured in such a way that inflows are receive between two to four months intervals. And our main outflows follows the same pattern. Main inflows are received for only three or four times in a year (12 months). With this type of structure in place three months cash flow budget should be adequate to control inflows and outflows.

• Our organization examines cash flow monthly with quarterly reporting to the Board of Directors.

• The cash flow budget should be created every week to have a detailed track of all inflows and outflows

• Cash flow budget is important for every organisation.

• As cash flow statements look the three components such as Financing, Investing and operating activities, hence, on a weekly basis we will be realistic for preparation

• Every Three months is okay to create a cash flow budget for my organization because as a non profit that involves activities which does not eed to keep eyes on cash on a regular basis, three months is a fair enough time.

• Cash flow budget should review every week especially bigger organization, it is very important where in you will know the financial status of the organization.

• every week because of the range of activities

• Every Three months is okay to create a cash flow budget for my organization because as a non profit that involves activities which does not eed to keep eyes on cash on a regular basis, three months is a fair enough time.

• In my organization a cashflow budget should be prepared on a monthly basis to enable easy tracking of cash inflows and cash outflows in order to know the status of the company.

• Yes in most of the organization it's weekly

• I believe that my organisation should create a weekly cash flow budget so that the organization can keep a close eye on cash flow and track the expected cash movements over a period of time in the future.

• Cash flow reviews should be done on a three months basis so as to keep track on the incoming funds and budget alignment

• our organizational cash flow budget is done weekly

• My organisation create a cash flow budget very month. This is to help track the timing of inflows and the timing for outflows because TIMING is one important factor to consider. It also helps us know the surplus cash that would be roll over the next month or deficits if any. The monthly creation of this cash flow helps in our planning, timely payments and strategies on how to get more funds if there is a deficit.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.