Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• The purposes of budgeting are for resource allocation, planning, coordination, control and motivation. It is also an important tool for decision making, monitoring business performance and forecasting income and expenditure. With proper budgeting, limited resources are managed efficiently.

• Stakeholders of nonprofits include both internal and external actors including volunteer board members, paid staff, program directors and volunteers, congregants, and association members. Broad communities and governments are also stakeholders as are clients and the families of those served.

• I see HHWT need to set up capital budget to buy the current building we rent, the capital budget will give guidance to the board of directors to what funding needs to complete the capital purchase. It would show the baby steps we need to take and fund. Such as cost of building appraisal, inspection, architectural drawings, cost of material, improvements, etc.
    By setting up a capital budget , our donors can see we have a plan and what costs we we be undertaking in purchasing the building.

• A shared budget to us is where all the members of the organization members, staff, executive, board and will need the budget, in the creation and implementation

• in my organization
    the board member needs to know about the budget in order to decide the plan and make sure that it is going with the regulations that they made.

• In our Organization the Board members, the CEO, the Finance team, the Program and units officer will need to use the organizational budget. They will want to know the budgeted(expected) income and expenditure for the year inline with the individual account chart of our organization in comparism with our last year actuals. THE PROGRAM OFFICER HEALTH will want to know the available funds per each of her project activity and information the previous year actuals expenses.

• The board of directors need to have a comprehensive understanding of the budget ensuring the organization is operating within legal boundaries and keeping in focus with the mission statement.

• For our organization is the budget holders who are in charge of implementation to understand the scheduled time so that they can follow the initial plan

• The project manager and program managers will need to know every budget item because the activities that have been planned will go hand in hand with required funds. At this time, they can determine approvals of funds for activities or review of the budget if an important activity has not been budgeted for.

• My organization should create a cash flow budget every month because the we deal with monthly projections .so our income is every month.

• A Managers need to plan for both revenues and expenses, when budgeting which is an indication of good budgeting. A good budgeting system will help a company reach its strategic goals by allowing management to plan and to control major categories of activity, such as revenue, expenses, and financing options. Managers must also understand how to analyze the financial health of their department, and possibly the entire organization. Profits and losses will impact the annual budget and an excellent budgetary manager can review financial statements and make informed decisions for their budget based on the information they find.

• For my organization, the board, program managers, finance team and funders would need to use the budget. All mostly time determine the feasibility of the operations at hand and for funders to know where their money is going into this time.

• The Funders will need to know how their money is being spent and whether the expenditure aligns with the purposes for which they are donated the funds. The CEO needs to know because she has ultimate responsibility for all of the management of all funds. The buck stops at her Mismanagement could result in lack of trust, reputational damage and withdrawal of funding or difficulty attracting new donors. Ultimately it could redound to the end users being deprived of need support.

• The Board has to approved and the CEO will need to ensure that all protocols are followed during the execution stages
    Managers and units, we will need to know that all expenditure must be within the budgeted cosntraints to ensure consistent alignmnet.

• Those who will need the budget involve the board, the CEO, the ED and the Finance Team

• In my organization, the leadership team has to approve it and submit it to donors. At the local level, the head of mission, together with the finance department and program managers, controls the entire budget planning process. The people who need to use the budget are in the finance and program departments to see that the programs are progressing well and on time.

• CEO, Finance Manager, Program Manager and focal person of the funding agencies are the key figures, who plan, review budget at different intervals.
    Purpose of this exercise is to ensure that all the budget heads are in correlations with the planned and ongoing activities and may not exceed at all.
    Finance department provides technical inputs, and review the current inflations and market prices,
    Program Manager ensure that all the expenses are in flow along with the ongoing or planned activities, and ensure cost-effectiveness of the budget expenses.
    CEO looks towards sustainability of the organization, provide final approval to budget changes, addendum etc,
    While Funding focal person is in close coordination with all and focus on to agree on developments.
    All expenses are in flow along with activities, efficient, cost-effective, and sustainability are ensured.
    In depth review of the budget will definitely pave the way for internal and external audits.

• The organization use the budget was made for 6 months activities, which was specifically made for blood drive activities.

• Funders and they will need to know what good plans you have, how impactful and relevant they are for them to spend their money

• In our organization the board, managing director, finance manager and heads of departments use the budget. The managing director and the finance manager are likely to use the budget in most occasions to be able to control expenditure and to know the amount of resources allocated to different types of costs to avoid overspending. They will also need that to come up with strategies for revenue collection to attain their goals.

• The CEO will need

• The ED, Chief Financial and Senior Director of Administration needs to use the budget for the proper running of the organization.

• The CEO ,finance team and funders will need to use the organizational budget. The CEO will need to know whether there is sufficient information to know the financial sustainability of the organization, the finance team will need to have a comprehensive access to all the income and expenditures of the organization and the funders will need to know if there are good plans on how the money they are providing to the organization are being spent.

• Hello!
    I'm Jibu Jean Claude from the DRC.
    Assignment on module 1

• The funders, Managing Director, Programme Director, Finance team need to know of the overflow of income and expenditures in the organization so as to determine the amount of funds that is needed for the project.

• The finance team will use the organizational budget. The will need full information on the income and expenses of ongoing activities, and even for the previous year (s)

• The president of our nonprofit will need the organizational budget in order to manage the overall success of the organization, to plan for the future, and to address any expense creeping that may occur.

• The Program or Unit Managers are vital to using the budget. They need to know the entire budget that consists of all the income and revenue expenditures. They need to keep up with the budget daily to track income and expenditures are spent in accordance with guidelines of the project.

• Program manager need to know the budget, the draft budgeting needs to be prepared for him in order for making a good decision.

• Program manager need to know the budget, the draft budgeting needs to be prepared for him in order for making a good decision. 1st Jan should make the budget done in order for program manager to make decision for company.

• Program managers will need to know how much is allocated to them annually.

• My organizational budget is used by various stakeholders ranging from the Minister who wants to know how much impact the organisation is making on Nigerians, the Board of directors needs the budget to ensure the funds are well utilised, The Executive director, needs the budget to be able to give proper and accurate report to the members of the National Assembly who comes for over sight functions

• My organizational budget is used by various stakeholders ranging from the Minister who wants to know how much impact the organisation is making on Nigerians, the Board of directors needs the budget to ensure the funds are well utilised, The Executive director, needs the budget to be able to give proper and accurate report to the members of the National Assembly who comes for over sight functions

• The Donors will need to use the budget in my organization. They will need to know how the cash flow process is going on in order to understand how funds are being disbursed across the various departments of the organization. They need quarterly financial briefing in order to understand how capital is being used in the organization.

• The Board of Directors. They need to assess the current overall fiscal health of the org, in order to make strategic recommendations on how programs should grow, evolve, or change.

• In my organization, the finance team has to keep updated the information. However, it is me as s project controller who is responsible of the expenses and how the money is spent

• In my organization, the managing partner, He needs to know what are the individual departmental plans and their implementation to manage cashflow.

• the project director , finance team ,board members and ED need to use the organization budget they need to know the sufficient detail to ensure that all income and expenditure are in line with low and regulation.
    they need to understand how annual budget will further the organization mission and they need to know which activities are budgeted for.

• For our organization, board members, the CEO, the financial team and PMO will need to use the organizational budget. They will need to know each departments spending and income generation, overhead, and projections. They will need to be able to determine various departments input and how the organization is doing overall.

• For our foundation the management team will need to use the budget provided since they need to check whether its in line with the laws and as well the projections of activities to be held, expenses and incomes if any

• For our the case of our organization , the ED, the finance team and the program managers will need to use the budget to know our expected income and expenditure of the organization and this helps them to seek for funding to support other activities.

• The CEO needs to see the budget to oversee if there is any critical adjustments to be made and then communicate it to the funders.

• In my organization, the ED, Program director, accountant and donors need to use the budget. They need to know the funds or donations that are expected to reach the organization. The director of programs needs to use the budget to plan and coordinate activities on sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services. He needs to know funds available to execute the plans, if there would be volunteers, and how many they would be, and how much time they are willing to contribute. He also needs to know partner organizations that will participate through provision of resources in implementing then programs. And ultimately, these will help him in streamlining and prioritizing the activities that will have the most impact based on availability of resources.

• The stakeholders who need to see my budget are the funders, finance team, program unit, ED and Board. They will need to activities planned, they will provide technical support and ensure the budget is sound.

• In my organization the financial team needs to approve budget and submit it to donors. They wan tot know about the income and expenditure of various levels, i.e. yearly, quarterly and monthly. The finance department also tracks and monitor the finance budget at a monthly base. Project coordinators also make sure the partners are applying the resources in order to ensure the organisation mission and goals.

• In my organization the financial team needs to approve budget and submit it to donors. They wan tot know about the income and expenditure of various levels, i.e. yearly, quarterly and monthly. The finance department also tracks and monitor the finance budget at a monthly base. Project coordinators also make sure the partners are applying the resources in order to ensure the organisation mission and goals.

• The cash flow budget is a plan of how cash will be coming into the operation (cash inflows) and leaving the operation (cash outflows). The keyword is “cash.” If cash is not entering or leaving one's pocket, then it does not go on the cash flow budget.

• In our organization the board needs to know the budget and the plan so that they decide on how to move forward with it. secondly, the CEO needs the budget to ensure that organizational program/project(s) are in line with the budget. thirdly, the project managers need the budget to ensure activities are in line with the budget. all in all all the stakeholders need the budget so that each and every one knows what they should do at their level because without a budget the organization is in darkness so the budget is the light even the ground staff will be confident enough after knowing the organization budget.

• We have learnt more and very insightful things which some of us did not know or pay much attention to them before. I have submitted my reponses regarding the discussion now am here to inquire about one thing. we have seen the budget stakeholders who they are, how they contribute and what they need now who do develop budget? THANKS.

• it is important for the program manager to have a certain idea of the budget to plan carefully their goals and projections.

• the program team members normally estimate the funds required in their department based on the various activities

• the project managers are the ones who are more involved in the budget since they are the ones who drafts them, they need to know the expenses that are available to them foe the whole year but before that, they should know the previous year expenses.

• All the stakeholders of the organization need to use the budget for instance the Board, CEO, the treasury department and all the department of the organization because without a consolidated budget all the tasks of the entity will be mess.
    the budget team require to know all the available resources such as income and expenditures to prepare a sufficient budget based on the need of the entity.bolded text

• The project manager will need to provide information on what is needed to the finance department. The department will then make a budget in accordance with the requirements. The CEO will review the budget and approve it or not. Then the CEO will inform the board what is on ground

• Each group of the stakeholders will use the budget in a different way. The board needs it to make sure that it is in line with rules and regulations. The executive director will use it o ensure the financial sustainability of the organization. The finance team must have comprehensive access to any and all income and expenditure information Program or unit managers need information on previous years' actual expenses. Funders need to know that there are good plans for spending the money that they provide on relevant on impactful activities.

• The following personalities will need to know the organization budget; board, CEO or ED, finance team, program manager and funders. The board needs to see how the budget has to be put in use for the target or goal should be SMART and within the laws and regulations. The CEO or ED needs to follow up on the implementation on the activities and provide sufficient data for a SMART decision making from the board via coordination. The finance team does disbursement where necessary with a full documentation of every in and out flow of budgeting. To provide the technical team with timely disbursement to boost the achievement of the targets via executed activities and control the money not to go above the normal expenditure.
    The program or unit manager follow up on the coordination from the disbursement to the execution of the activities and evaluation of the program to assess the goals level of success.
    Funders want to see that organizations budget will bring a positive impact.

• The board of Directors need the budget to be able to review and ensure the budget captures their operational goals for the next fiscal period as well as being in line with regulatory procedures.

• Can't a family be the user of a budget unlike an organization. I would specify my wife is using the salary in month basis but she plan what to majorily be bought in a year.

• Those who need to use our organizational budget are the funders,which includes start-up business foundations and Grant awarding institutions. They need to know that the money being provided is being spent on good plans as well as relevant and impactful activities.

• For my organization funders, program managers, and the board will need the operational budget to know the projection of events for the course of the year, how much will be made and how much will be spent in running the organization for the year.

• For my organization being an investment advisory and a transaction advisory company, the board, CEO, and the finance team will be the key users of the information in the budget for the accounting period

• In our Organization, the general assembly, the controling team, chief departments and the treasurer are the most important stakeholders who wil need to use our organisational budget. the controling team and the treasure need detailled informations to use our budgets, cheif department need to know what ressources are available for their departments and programs and the general assembly need sufficient informations.

• The funders will need to used the budget. they will want to know how much the organisation is going to spend, on what and when. They then will provide information on the availability of funds and advise on potential areas of adjustment.

• Risks are occurances that may happen during the life time of a project and could have am impact on the effective implementation of a

• In my organization the ED need to know all about the annual budget to make sure that there will be enough resources to cover the all the organizatiinal expenses within the next year, he would also want to know the next financial need to cover all activivities.

• For our organization our CEO, finance team as well as managers will need the organization budget to keep track on how all income are generated and how expenses are spent.

• In mt organization my line manager have to know a lot information in the budget to determine a lot of things like but not limited:
    1- Put a financial plan of castodies to pay a cash of different service provider of the field office and guest house.
    2- Put a clear monthly funds of beneficiaries.
    3- Determine how many cars will we need to field staff.
    4- Experience any suddenly actions happen during the distribution cycle.

• Since my organization is small, the people who will use the budget are board members which comprise of Founder, Treasurer and Programme Manager. The information they will need to know how much money is needed for office space, overheard and operational costs. We will need computer an quotations in order to be able to draw up the budget.

• For my organization, the department managers will need to have access to the budget. This is so because they are the ones who have direct knowledge of the expenses of the different programs that are facilitated by our NGO. They can contribute to a more accurate planning of the budget,in terms of forseeing the expenditure.

• For the organization I work the CEO and the program managers need to know everything about the budget. As the CEO is our main funder each year, after they examine the cashflow - budget, they set the goal about how much money we need to furdraise. Regarding the program managers, they need to know about the budget so they can stick to it.

• The board needs to know if the budget is in accordance with the organization's set goals and objectives and if is in line with laws and regulations

P
    1 Reply
  • People involve in Management, direct implementation program, Finance record keeper and managers will use the budget to implement, monitor and control the expenditure as per the plan. Also annual budget shall be used by different stakeholder to overview the plan and yearly outcome and expectations.

P
    1 Reply
  • The board, program manager and the finance team will need to make use of my budget.
    The three stakeholders are the ones I consider top users of my budget basing on the requirements of our policy and funders.
    For the board, they normally review and approve the budget and make sure it meets laws and regulations set by donors and government in my country.

• The stakeholders who make use of our budget don't come just any how to be part of the team but it's basically on regulations as well.
    But in the initial phase of drafting a budget, everyone is important to ensure ideas are shared and finally financial teams provide technical support and advise or perhaps provide previous information as benchmark to always refer to.

• That's true. Regulation is a guiding principle in budgeting because beyond a certain limit, donor can decide never to approve the budget for funding as well.

• A simplified explanation, an annual review of budget normally bring all the key stakeholders in a company or an organization together to see how it lies in accordance with law.

• For my organization, the Board , the Director, Finance Team and Program Manager. The Director need to have a forehand information about the funds a available in other to prioritize order of disbursement. Also the finance team must have access to all the books in other to make proper financial plan and lastly the program manager who is the implementation manager must be in the know of what he allotted for each of his program and projects.

• The Finance and procurement team need to use the organizational budget. They will need to know the income expected to be received and the expenses to be paid so as to offer with their technical support.

• The board needs to know if the budget is in accordance with the organization's set goals and objectives and if is in line with laws and regulations

• For my organization, an example of a person needing a budget is the training manager. Indeed, the budget will allow him to know what he has at his disposal to be able to organize the various training sessions throughout the year as well as other resources that he can commit.

• My managing director will certainly need to know our budget so as to fundraise what the organisation demands.

• In our organization Program Manager and Project Officer are using organization money as it is stated in Organization's budget. They will need to know that money should be spent as in budget and the justification of all spent should be taken for the financial return.

• for my organisation, the general coordinator, finance team, program managers. most importantantly the general coordinator to ensure the sustainability and to advocate eith the donors

• The council management committee will need enough information in order to compare whether all the income and expenditure are in lines the existing acts. They need information on programs and activities activities and their estimated expenses and details on the sources of income. They will also need to know the alignment of the budget with the strategic objective and mission of the Council.

The Deputy director for finance need will need thoroughly information from all departments and sections in order to ensure that the budget is consultative.

• The ED to asses allocation of resources based on performance

• The board needs to know if the budget is in line with the organization' set goals and objectives

• Funders.
    A funder needs the budget in order to determine if funds are being deployed in line with the mission of the organization or otherwise.

• The program managers will need to use my organizational budget as they need to know how to plan on getting the required income for the non profit program that are working on to properly function.The funders will also need to use the budget to determine where to put there resources as they expect it to bring an impact to the organization.

• For my own business, the BOD, ED, MANAGERS and FINANCE TEAM. In other for the organization to run smoothly we need to incorporate all of them. They need to know the daily expenses of the organization and subtract the expenses from how much you spend. Additional they can help you make batter financial decision, prepare for emergencies, get you out of debt, and stay focused on your long term financial goals.

• The Donor/Funder of a project implemented by my organization will need my organization's budget to monitor the implementation processes of the project and as well plan on how to generate a cash-flow chart for the project.

• Our Board, Finanace/Adiminstration team, Program Coordinators, event planners, and all grants require us to submit our budget.

• It is the project management process who uses the budget of my organization. The main information they need to know is that budget is only allowed for the projects which are approved by the parliament.
    A person called Yirga is in charge to manage the capital budget of my organization. He has a team composed of Engineers who are in charge to execute works related with construction.

• In my organisation, the Project Manager will need to use the budget. They need to know what resources are available to them throughout the year; they need to have information on actual expenditure in previous years. This will help to ensure that the budget that is drawn up reflects reality.

• Project manager needs to see the budget to ensure that it is being implemented in all activities.

• In my organization, which is a small nonprofit, the executive director, the finance team, and the funders need to use our budget. For the funders to approve our budget, they need to know every detail about the money they will provide us with to ensure that the budget will lead to impactful results.

• Programmers- RD, senior management are using budget, finance team. Programmer are using budget in order to identify expenses are identified according to their program activities. Does each line are spending according to the plan set? any variance- explanation needed why your expenditure is exceed or less. With RD department- they need to know what condition we are now in budget. Are we lack of budget- time for planning to do further fund raising. Actually it is good to get a pre plan and do forecasting ahead. Finance use the budget to determine each expenditures, capital are reported in the financial report.

• This year our organization is trying to draft a comprehensive budget it is difficult activity to do this for your first time, the challenges we are facing are how to compile the information from different programs and the board of directors and the ED want to finish this activity soon because the need to understand our financial plans to control letter our performance.

• i think its very good to manager and organitacion

• For our organization, board members, the ED, the financial team and department managers will need to use the organizational budget. They will need to know each departments spending and income generation, overhead, and projections. They will need to be able to determine various departments input and how the organization is doing overall

• the board, stakeholder, and finance team should be in line of the budgeting but make sure that the organization's plan on implementing it will be fulfilled and all expenses should be transparent

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.