Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• For our organization, board members, the ED, the financial team and department managers will need to use the organizational budget. They will need to know each departments spending and income generation, overhead, and projections. They will need to be able to determine various departments input and how the organization is doing overall.

I
    P
    J
    C
    8 Replies
  • For our HIV treatment program, program mangers need to use the organizational budget. They need to know which activities are budgeted for, the amount allocated for each activity and when and where the activities are expected to take place.

W
    1 Reply
  • In my organization the board and regional international cooperation department at the head office needs to aprove budget and submit it to donors. At the local level the director check with finance department and program coordinators the whole process of planning the budget. The finance department also tracks and monitor the finance budget at a montly base. Projetc coordinators also make sure the partners are applying the resources in or der to ensure the organization mission and goals.

I
    O
    2 Replies
  • For our drug rehabilitation center, the CEO, board members and funders need the budget. We need to source funding to build the rehab center. This will be a two year plan.
    For the remainder of the three year projection, the CEO, project managers , board members, CFO and the funders need the budget. This part will focus more on the operational budget, whereas the first part will focus on the startup.

I
    1 Reply
  • department managers the financial team, Executive Director and Board and will need to use the organizational budget. They will need to know the operational incomes and expenses, overhead incomes and expenses and projections. Determine various departments input and how the organization is doing overall.

I
    1 Reply
  • In my organization; Quality Assurance Services and Construction Company Nigeria Limited; The board of Directors needs the budget inorder to review it, then give approval if is in line with organization set up goals and objectives for that fiscal year. They ensure that the budget is SMART; Specific, Measureable, Realizeable and
    Time bound.
    They also ensure that is fiscally sound and meet laws and regulations.
    To achieve this the board needs sufficient details to ensure that all income and expenditures are in line with laws and regulations. They need to understand how the annual budget will further the organization's mission.

• They need to know if the budget is in line with the organization's set goals and objectives and if is in accordance with the laws and regulations

• The board needs to know if the budget is in accordance with the organization's set goals and objectives and if is in line with laws and regulations

A
    1 Reply
  • The board needs to know if the budget is in accordance with the organization's set goals and objectives and if is in line with laws and regulations

• Please, the role of board members and managers are different when it comes to budget.
    While the board is responsible for reviewing and approval.

The managers on the other hand is incharge of Implementation. Thanks

• All of the stakeholders need to be able to do with the budget because of transparency. Thus, bad management will be avoided.

• The E.D. and board members will need to know how the funds are being allocated to ensure stability within the organization. The budget can also determine the success of each department.

• For our organization, those who need to understand the budget : the shareholders, board of commissioner and director, head of departments and finance team. It is crucial for allocating resource and as a monitoring and evaluation.

H
    1 Reply
  • Those that will like to see and use the budget in my company are the shareholders. Reason being that they will like to know how much income that will recieve at the end of each year.

K
    1 Reply
  • The proprietor, board of Management's, parents, teachers want to know how spend money collect and how it is spent most especially when it involves a particular project they have paid for

• External evaluation consultants will need to revise the budget in order to assess if the programme plan corresponds to expenditures in the budget. By analysing the budget, consultants are able to identify if resources were spent efficiently and in a timely manner, as well as what is the correlations between expenditures and the achievement of outcomes and the overall implementation rate of the programmes.

• For my Organization, Mr. Brown (Funder) will need to know our organizational budget. He will need to know our proposed expenditure items (programs), this will help him to know if our programs are in line with his Foundation's area of interest, size of funding amount request, so as to be able to decide on funding our organization.

• In this context other than the stakeholders already mentioned, relevant government ministries will also need to be know of the organizational budget so as to consolidate efforts on specific issues and ensure that money is utilized in places where their is more need.

• Finance officer in our company
    He is involving on designing effective budget models for departments and the entire company
    Analyzing financial information (e.g. revenues, expenditures and cash management) to ensure all operations are within budget
    Presenting annual budgets to senior managers
    Review budget requests for approval
    Forecast future budget needs
    Identify variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of each reporting period
    Suggest spending improvements that increase profits
    Review the company’s budget for compliance with legal regulations
    Ensure department managers meet budget submission deadlines
    Design and implement effective budgeting policies and procedures

• In my case, the donors/funders are those who are mainly concerned with budgeting plans.

• At my previous organization, BOD, ED, Finance Team and Unit Managers need to know the budget. And, program staffs from each program also require to know their respective budgets to implement activities smoothly. When an activity starts, those staffs need to acquire prices of transportation, accommodation and other materials. Therefore, staffs from every unit are important to understand and know the budget.

• The board need to use the organizational budget for implementation

• The sales team need to know their revenue targets for each month in the year to meet their key performance indexes. The management need to know the resources needed to achieve the targeted revenue and profit objectives for the year. The board needs to understand which and how much resources will be needed by the organization to optimize returns.

• In my organization project manager needs to use organizational budger. He needs to know the source of funding and regulation of donor to spend that money. By consultation closely with financial manager, he can allocate the budget based on program activities.

• For our humanitarian project the director what to know the budget to be sure they are not overspenng and also budget is sustainable according to organization mission on the country

• Our CEO and our operations director will need to have access to the budget as they both work on maintaining the financial sustainability of the organization. They both have access to all income and expenditure information which is clearly important in order to monitor the operation and the projects of the organization and to plan accordingly.

1 Reply
  • Our board with need the budget to make a decision on investment

• Apart from the Board, CEO, Finance and Program Managers, another person that should have a view on the budget of the organisation is the Fundraising and Communication Manager - since this person will need to know how we will use the budget and to position our financial information to external parties, including potential and existing funders. The budget will also be useful in designing campaigns to raise funds for the organisation.

• The budget is used by the shareholders, the board, CEO, senior management and operations team to guide their expectations and activities in the year.

• For Silver welfare improvement program, the CEO needs to know all expenditures and incomes which are planned for each department. The Finance team prepares all draft to be submit to the CEO. The CEO is responsible for the budgeting process and the coordination with the Board.

• Our corporate partner would need access to our budget inorder to better understand how they can render their services to participants of our program.

• In my organization, the finance team will need to use the budget to be able to pass journals as per the expenses allocation on the budget. Which will further be used during financial reports to compare expenditure versus the amounts allocated on the budget.
    The project managers will need the budget to be able to plan for various program activities. The information needed is the amounts allocated on specific activity and the timeline for implementation.

• They need to know if the budget is in line with the organization's set goals and objectives and if is in accordance with the laws and regulations

• In our organization board, CEO, COO and project controls need the organization budget. They need what income and expenditures of programs / projects along with the details all department expenses and overheads that the organization is planning to receive and spend during the year. This will be closely monitored by the project controls over the period of time to reduce any unanticipated risks during the year.

• the unit heads, the Deputy Director, Director, Director General will need to see the budget

• In my organization the volunteers, the CFO, three of our departmental directors who jointly sponsored this project, and the two government departmental directors who support us with funding, and the NGO who provides for training costs must be privy to the budget and satisfied with reporting from the ongoing M&E.

• My Executive Director as the overseer of the general organizational operations.

The ED requires the budget to keep track with income and expenditures of the organization for decision making purposes. In addition, to be able to comparative analysis of the actual expenditures against the budgeted costs, and decide the next line action on the variances.

• Organizational budget is used by the organization board through its different departments. Chiefly, the executive director ensures the proper mechanism to work with the budget planning and utilization. They need to know from fund/ resources availability to matching interest of the funding agencies. Every program unit managers has to work in close with implementation/ execution part ensuring proper utilization of the allocated budget. The finance team has to plan and allocate budget effectively and timely. Above all, the board must ensure proper monitoring and evaluation system to ensure the effective implementation of the budget step by step.

• The program manager will need to know about the organization so they will be aware of the program funding available to them.

• Interesting details in the scenario.

• The finance team will need to use the organizational budget as they will be tasked with the responsibility to receive the funds into the organization and also make payments.
    They need the budget so as to enable to carry out all that has been listed in the budget efficiently

• I was a deputy project manager of a social registry project responsible for biometric registration of individuals in certain communities. As a project team we drafted budgets that were presented to the country office for approval by the director. One person who was important in knowing the details of the budget was the project finance and administration officer. We used to hire most of the resources we used in the project, temporary enumerators, vehicles, equipment like tents to use during the biometric registration. Her knowledge of the details of the budget made her do early planning and arrangements to have all what the project needed from the various service providers within the organization's procurement policies and regulations.

• Out ED and Program Head and the funders are concern of the budget the program team prepares. my organizations is relatively small but at time we run multiple programmes simultaneously. its therefore very important to know the status of the budgeted v actual in order to continue the activities without failing and the succeefully complete objectives of each projects we run.

• For our organization, board members, the ED, the financial team and department managers will need to use the organizational budget. They will need to know each departments spending and income generation, overhead, and projections. They will need to be able to determine various departments input and how the organization is doing overall.

• or our organization the General Manager, the heads of the different programs, the Financial Director and the accountant use the organizational budget. They will have to know if the resources of the organization are used in an effective and efficient way and especially to know also the financial situation of the organization.

• The program managers or Units should be greatly involved in the budgeting process, this is because they are more aware of expectations of external stakeholders and serve as contact points of beneficiaries. Since they understand the beneficiaries expectations and the impact of meeting these expectations, units should be greatly involved in the budgeting processes.

• The board needs to know if the budget complies with laws and regulations before adopting it.

• The accountant also needs the budget to do his budget monitoring otherwise it is impossible for him to do this task.

• In my organisation there is need of my CEO and finance department including site manegers to know my budget requirements cause their are the ones who approves them

• In our organisation Board members, CEO, finance team and program team needs to use organisation budget for the purpose of knowing how the company will generate income and spending organisation money.

• In our organisation Board members, CEO, finance team and program team needs to use organisation budget for the purpose of knowing how the company will generate income and spending organisation money.

• In our organization the financial team, Executive Director and Board and will need to use the organizational budget. As they discuss and concluded the operational incomes and expenses, overhead incomes and expenses and projections. They present it to the general assembly for their validation and input because the are the first auditors of financial statement.

K
    1 Reply
  • for our organization, the units who need to use the organization budget is project director, finance manager and program staff. the project director need to know the budget in order for her to plan the annual activities. while the finance manager is more to overseeing the budget that's prepared by project director and recommend the right budgeting method. while for program staff, they need to inform the project director and finance manager specific activities related to their program in order to anticipate the budget in the beginning/ preparing the annual workplan/ budget

• Our Deputy Director for Finance will use and monitor the budget.

To use the budget smoothly, he needs the following information:

1. The time line of the program
    2. Total allocation of the budget fixed for the program
    3. Activities that need to be completed by using the budget.
    4. Necessary tools and techniques of using budget.
    5. Every single heads of expenses.
  • One person (among more) who needs to use the budget is the CEO. She needs to know how much will be required for salaries of program and administrative people; and how much will be required to spend on various aspects of the program. When this information is available it helps in planning what can be done in the programs and how much needs to be raised to implment the program

• It is very important for the stakeholders to know the sources of the resources, where they are to needed and ensure that they will be utilized accordingly. From the funder up to the boards there is planning, reviewing and approving the budget it self. This is in order to balance income and expenditure for example the funder needs to know the projects and the essence of the projects and also look at its funding/ expenses to be incurred.

• For my organization the board of trustees, and the executive director needs the budget to review the organization expenses and approval

• State Executive & State House of Assembly in my organization need to see the budget for re-examination and approval.

• The budget for the usually being created by the Administrator Officer considering the functional areas of the operations. As the MD, I need the review and approve the budget. This process help for the smooth operation of the College.

• For my organization CEO, finance team and funders needs to know the budget. CEO needs to know it because is the main head, who will approves the projects and their related budgets. Finance team needs to know about budget because it is working on all information related to budget. They know all about funders and donors. Funders needs to about the budget because they are the one, which are funding and if they like the projects, they will incur funds as per need.

• my Executive director is the number one person who will need to see the operating budget of the organization. most importantly as the program manager, i will need to also have a firsthand knowledge of the budget to help me plan and coordinate programs, events and general running of the organization

• In our organisation, the CEO, ED and finance need to know what budget is expected to meet all the expenses required to run the programs and consequently, the means of rasing the income where necessary

• Besides the board members helping create the annual budget it is also very important in our organisation that program managers have access to that information and are involved in the making of the budget. It has to be team work to be realistic and to get everyone involved in knowing where the funds come from, how much income is expected for the year and how it should be allocated to different programs. For each program it is very important , before we even make a strategic plan for the year, to know what resources we can access and how best to spend them.

• For our organization, Project board members, the Project Management team, donors, Project Managers and the finance department. They will need to know how much each donor contributes to financing the project. They also need to know to what extent the money spent meet the project outputs and deliver the impacts to the targeted.

• I think personally one of the people who will be more interested in see the budget will be the progtam directors so they can so how is assin to each program and see if that is similar equal or less than the one they have on their original budget and see how they can opate everyone should be interested in see the budget is it just the some people is more affected for the desicions than other

• The regulators. To ensure that the organization does not budget above the allowable threshold for some line of expenditure.

• In my organization, I think that traditional stakeholders need a helpful budget. Like the Board, CEO or ED, Financial Team, Project Manager, funders and donors. We know that as much as transparency better. At the moment, we are working to define our organizational structure. For all it's critical to know if will be possible to reach goals in the short and long-term.

M
    1 Reply
  • Project officers: To know how much is estimated for activities

• For mosquitoes treatment of Bed Net
    In my organization COYED,the program and unit managers need to know about the transaction,that have to deal with all budgets that been received,that to collaborate with all the shareholders department in the organization,because the program and unit managers they are the expertise responsible for drafting the budgets in the organization.

• In ID, the ED is responsible for spending the budget.

• Finance Manager in our company.
    He's responsible for all department budgeting, and control the cash flow in the organization. He analyses the annual budget of the company and advises on where the improvement is needed.

M
    1 Reply
  • In my Organization, the board would want to know about the whole budget. They would like to know whether the budget is accurate and sufficient. They would also like to know that the budget is in line with the Organizations requirements.
    The Financial team would also like to know about the income and expenses of the budget,

• I agree to this point as transparency is always good when it comes to finances

• For our organization, the ED, funders, departmental heads and the board of directors would need the budget .

• Budgeting must be approved by the executive committee and it should be in a planned way. Budget is fixed but sometimes it may be changer for the grater well-fare of the organization. Internal financial audit team must look into every steps of expenditure and policy maker should be creative more so that organization can be run smoothly.

• In my organization ,the board members to use budget is the CEO. with the help of financial team, and department managers. They will need to know each departments expenditure for the year. and also should the organization need to apply for a loan , the bank will also want to see the company income , overhead, and projections. all this will enable them determine various departments input and how the organization is doing .

• In my organization the research team head need to know the budget so that she knows how the team will work and within how much time period to implement the program goal.

• For our organization, the project implementers need to know and utilize the budget. This is to minimize wastage and also to ensure that the project objectives are met. Otherwise, the project may stall as a result of lack of funds.

• Our unit manager Mr. Dash will need to make use of our organizational budgets. He will need to know the resources that are at his disposal annually.

• For our organization, the funders, boards of directors, regional coordinators and departmental heads need to use the budget in order to follow up our projects consistently.

• The Programs Manager will need my budget, he would like to know how the specific program is synced with the rest of the team and how he would help execute the project.
    The budget helps the program's manager to stay in line so not to overspend, but to proceed with his work in accordance to the budget

• My organization is running an HIV and TB program with financial support from donors, the donors are the ones that need to use the budget to track spending on the activities that they support and to check if the activities are still aligned with the initial concept note when applying for the grant. During the year there are budget reviews to evaluate the organizations financial performance.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.