Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Things to consider while developing data collection tool

Hi All, I bring to you for a discussion; When developing or thinking to develop data collection tools, there are sevel things to be considered; 1. What kind of data to be collected 2. Who should be your data collector; 3. What level of education do the have; 4. What experience do they have with the kind of data collection that you are visioning 5. How confortable will they be using the data collection tools.

Ope up for discussion in this area of data collection tools development
    Hassan

2 Replies
  • @hchaula said in Things to consider while developing data collection tool:

Hi All, I bring to you for a discussion; When developing or thinking to develop data collection tools, there are sevel things to be considered; 1. What kind of data to be collected 2. Who should be your data collector; 3. What level of education do the have; 4. What experience do they have with the kind of data collection that you are visioning 5. How confortable will they be using the data collection tools.

Hassan

Also you need (1) to know your sample size,(2) to have training materials for the enumerators (3) Data collection methodologies (4) Data collection tools (5)data analyzing tool.

1 Reply
  • @hchaula said in Things to consider while developing data collection tool:

Hassan

Data collector is a very important aspect to consider, I have seen a well prepared data collection tool not bringing the intended results just because of the level of education (understanding) of data collectors.
    Nice pointers

• @kamuhanda said in Things to consider while developing data collection tool:

@hchaula said in Things to consider while developing data collection tool:

Hassan

Also you need (1) to know your sample size,(2) to have training materials for the enumerators (3) Data collection methodologies (4) Data collection tools (5)data analyzing tool.

I think you what you have mentioned covers the whole process and not just data collection as the original post mentioned. Nevertheless I agree that it is important to have the full picture of how the process will be when developing data collection tools.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.