Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• #5000stronger Philanthropy University M-prez Enterprise Story

https://www.facebook.com/MprezEnterprise/posts/2124720177759108
    Untitled6 (3).png
    M-prez Story,

#5000stronger Philanthropy University

1. How Philanthropy University has helped your organization?

My name is Tomar Beh and I am the founder and director of Mprez Enterprise Ltd, a nonprofit organization running activities in Derby, UK. M-prez Enterprise was created in 2009 and is creative platform and resource for females and young adults, concerned with their unique experience and ambitions. It acts as a mother, daughter, sister, aunt and friend among themselves and the rest of the world.I was introduced to Philanthropy by my sister, who runs a small nonprofit in Liberia and I am glad she did. After starting a range of online courses, this has been the first set of courses I have completed.

The classes were rewarding and have broaden our knowledge base and to a large extent changed our paradigm. We are currently running parent and toddler music and literacy projects in disadvantaged communities, with a free light lunch to bring people together locally. This yearlong program has been funded by the Tom Carey Trust (Foundation Derbyshire).

Philanthropy U, has allowed us to focus on our organisation and envision new opportunities and lives our organisation can change. Many of the assignments were practical and thought-provoking which forced us to take an earnest look at the organization, our fundraising practices and our strategies.
    Practical things such as just saying thank you to funders and sending them Christmas cards, has made an impression on funders. Also keeping good financial records and communicating with them.

Examining our Organisational Capacity has led us to question management capacity and talents needed for the organisation. Slowly, we have gotten volunteers on board that have the commitment to enrich our organisation. We feel that we are going to close our capacity gaps slowly but surely.

The Leadership class has allowed me to take time and focus on myself and reflect on my personal and business goals. Philanthropy University has given me a new level of motivation to tackle the challenge of changing my community and improving my own practice. The Social sector development series in particular has led me to new courses and experiences.

image (1).jpg
    2017-08-02-PHOTO-00000039.jpg

1. What you hope to achieve by using our new courses, communities and an unrestricted grant.

I am excited about the new courses Philanthropy U has designed, especially the “Girl centred design” and “Human Capacity”. We are looking forward to creating projects that are relevant and appropriate for females and building a stronger team and culture.
    In conclusion, the unrestricted grant will be used to support our new project called “Unity Works”. It is a program targeted at young people, age range 8 to 18. I will bring together young people from diverse backgrounds and engage them in music, drama and dance. This money will pay for room hire, snack and transport our young people who can’t access the project easily.2017-05-25-PHOTO-00000907.jpg

Thanks
    Philanthropy University

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.