Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• I normally host a meeting to explain my plan to key players of the organizations.
    In future, I will not only host a meeting, but also request for feedback from the members of the organization, allowing them to share their ideas and opinions.

• I host a meeting to explain the plan in order to secure buy-in.
    In future, I intend to adopt the strategy of sharing the context for change to all stakeholders to ensure that they have a clear and precise image of the problem, the solutions.it will help me solve problems in my organization

• I will secure by-in with the people at my organization by:

1. Arranging a meeting with the stakeholders and giving them a practical exhibition and explanation of how secure buy-in is essential for the growth of our organization.

2. Requesting for feedback from the members and also allow them share their thoughts, ideas and proposals.

In the nearby future, I will adopt new strategies of providing a context for change to easily generate useful feedback.

• at the moment, we used to discuss issues through social media in order to have others on board.

in the near future, i think we can enhance our reaching to others through both social media interactions and in-person meetings or focus groups for more detailed discussions.

• this is very true

• I host a meeting and at the meeting, I share the full details and ask for opinions.
    In future, I would strengthen what is being done by providing a feedback platform to encourage everyone to give their view

• strategies to secure internal buy-in with the various stakeholders involved in your capacity building plan.

SHARE THE CONTEXT FOR CHANGE

You can secure buy-in by demonstrating to stakeholders how your plan is necessary for growing the organization in the long-run.

One way of doing so involves drawing a complete picture of what you’re doing and why. Specifically, point out the problem you are trying to solve, the solutions you’re proposing, and the opportunities that solving this problem can open. By providing a full context for the change, you’re more likely to secure buy-in, or at least generate useful feedback.

It might help to think back to your rationale from earlier. Think about why it was so critical to develop capacity in this area. It might help to think about how you would pitch this plan to funders, repurposing some of that pitch to other stakeholders.

GATHER INSIGHT FROM STAFF

Create an open dialogue around the goals of the capacity building initiative and the implementation plan. Ask staff members at all levels what they think about how the plan is being implemented and what they could see as potential pitfalls or things to be modified. This step will not only help develop a culture of transparency and collective leadership within the organization but also increase the team’s buy-in.

PROVIDE A PLATFORM FOR GATHERING FEEDBACK

Getting feedback from staff will be critical for tracking the progress of your capacity building initiatives. If you set up interim goals with funders and communicated these goals to the staff, they can be the first line of defense against failing to meet your targets. They can raise any red flags, advocate for changes, and allow you to course-correct to ensure your goals are being met.

• I provide a platform for giving feedback in order to secure buy-in.
    In future, I will adopt the strategy of sharing the context for change to all stakeholders to ensure that they have a clear and precise image of the problem, the solutions and the opportunities that will arise from solving the problem through a capacity building area.

• I provide a platform for giving feedback in order to secure buy-in.
    In future, I will adopt the strategy of sharing the context for change to all stakeholders to ensure that they have a clear and precise image of the problem, the solutions and the opportunities that will arise from solving the problem through a capacity building area.

• I guested the intern meetings of all work groups to introduce the plan
    and get their feedback before implementing the plan.
    After every bi-monthly board meeting we write a report to share with all members to update them about how things are running across the organisation. We encourage the members to give feedback.

• Presently, to secure buy-in with the people at my organization, I do the following:

• Share the context for the solution I am proposing
    • Get their feedback on my proposed solution

With what I have learnt, to secure the buy-in of people at my organization:

• I retain - sharing the context for change approach
    • I will add - gathering insights from staff
    • I will add - providing a platform for gathering feedback
  • Firstly, I would tackle the most difficult one to convince which is the Board. I will do this by providing rationale and data to show the justifications on the reason for this change. With the Board's buy-in, it will be easier to convince the other stakeholders.

Secondly, I will need to sit down with the upper management and the implementation team to discuss and gather their feedback on this matter. Through this exercise, I will be able to learn and understand more on their concerns and look at how we could take all that into consideration .

• Moving forward, I will provide a platform for gathering feedback. This is very important as feedback should be continous to enure gaps are identifed and closed throughtout the duration of the mplementation planning process.

• My step by step plan would be-
    1- Speaking to the CEO and Founder and discuss the pitfalls related to monitoring and evaluation, the need to get the training done, what impact it will have on beneficiaries etc and what resources we need to get it done.

2- After the buy-in from the CEO, I will arrange a meeting with staff and give them the rationale of why do we want to bring a training workshop for monitoring and evaluation purpose and how is it going to fill the gaps. Moreover, would try to understand through survey how many people are willing to go ahead with it or if they have any challenges. If yes, I will be addressing it on the common platform itself so that everyone is on the same page.

3- Once the plan is implemented, I will create an open platform for feedback so that we can make continuous improvements in the program and make amendments as per the need of the trainees.

• WE use an open dialogue session to gather views and opinions of stuff, which was not much effective.
    As for the future, from what i have learned i will be open to sharing context and creating platform for feedback.

• A good idea to utilize all the gains from this course.

• I would present to the board:
    what I am trying to achieve,
    how I am planning to do so,
    what the benefits to the organisation will be, and
    what they, the board, can do to support it.
    In addition, I would circulate the drafts of the guidance notes, tools, templates and checklists for our staff and colleagues to:
    test
    provide feedback about how useful they are or are not ,
    how easy they are to use
    what improvements they would recommend.

• Usually, we would discuss this during proposal development with relevant staff and their ideas would be advanced at this stage as they gave feedback on the proposal which was done in meeting. Like I can see this must be deliberate effort to buy- in at different levels with all stakeholders, which makes a lot more sense. I need to change and adopt this strategy

• Hosting a meeting to come and paint a clear picture of my proposition can always work well as it will give people a chance to comment and seek clarity where needed.

• Agreed with the strategy.

• My plan is to work on Finance, Accounting and Compliance, for this I have planned to hire a highly qualified and capable Finance Manager to raise this segment of the organization. For this, first of all I will give presentation to my board on why it is so import, what will be the benefit of it for the organization and how it will be helpful for the management to understand the affairs and take decisions. I will also take the department on board by giving them briefing about where we are standing now, where we are heading to, what will be the path and what will be the role of each and everyone as a whole. This will also involve their training, feedback and participation.

• Hosting a meeting I think is ideal. I would present all the options and then ask for feed back. I would use everyones opinions to develop a plan everyone agrees on and then use that to secure the buy-ins

• a retreat is a great idea!

• host a meeting for sure.

• host a meeting for sure.

• I think it would be good to have reflection session of the organisation and the outcomes of session will give a reason for securing Buy-in, especially from senior management.

• I would provide a platform where all stake holders in the organization give in their feedback in order to secure buy-in.
    In future, I may also use the strategy of information exchange in form of compiling ideas about the capacity building in my organization which at the end might result into a clear and precise image of the problems as well finding the solutions and the opportunities that may arise from solving the problem through a capacity building area.

• Yes, hosting of meet is very important for the appraisal of the buying in,in other to know if they're satisfy with our product.

• I would host a meeting to explain my plan to key players of the organizations.
    In future, I will not only host a meeting, but also request for feedback from the members of the organization, allowing them to share their ideas and opinions.

• I usually create a platform to share the idea and get insights and feedbacks to get my buy-in. On reading the previous section I will now make sure to share the entire context with everyone involved

• I do send circulars out to explain the plan but due to the strategies provided here I'll improve on how to secure buy-in

• I provide them with notification, but on reading this I will start using the recommended methods

L
    1 Reply
  • Exactly.....I really see to this

• I think that's a good idea. Keep up the good work.

• I usually engage staff and discuss with them the implementation plan , I would love to improve my organisation's capacity building initiatives by providing a platform for gathering feedback from all shareholders in the implementation plan.

• I call for a meeting with member of my team, Share the idea with them and also ask for feedbacks about possible things that might be added or done differently

• First I will identify the potential champions, I will secure inter buy in: From the board, staff and volunteers.
    2nd I will use strategies to secure internal buy-in by sharing the context for change, gather insight from staff and providing a platform for gathering feedback.

• To secure buy-in with staffand stakeholders, I would:

• Arrange for a kick off meeting with them
    • Introduce a presentation ivcluding project plan and timeline
    • Discussing project risks and potential issues and gathering feedback

In future, I may arrange a monthly meeting to share with stakeholders the current situation and how this project (capacity building) will be impactful.

• I would ask for feedback as the plan is being developed. People are more likely to have buy-in if they feel like they were part of the creation of whatever you are developing. This also eliminates surprises and everyone can be on the same page as the plan is developed.

• I go step by step when preparing to implement a change. I first present issues and remedies to the people who hold the most decision-making authority in the organization. If those authorities contemplate and take interest, then I present the ideas to the secondary stakeholders and wait for feedback. If the change showed promise in the staff, then I re-research the issues we face & their solutions to provide more angles of reasoning to the main stakeholders once again. If they have not objected after all that then I take the initiative and start through the process of change.

Everything I learned in this course is phenomenal and I will match the strategies to their unique scenarios. I especially love the diagrams/tables/maps and would happily employ them to assist in managing change.

• I use all the 3 strategies in my organization. I provide a full context for change concerning the issue on board, gather insights from colleagues for them to share their thoughts and opinion and finally create a platform for feedback. So generally, I will continue to make use of all the 3 strategies as it is helpful and useful for my organization.

• Enjoyed, I will Iadopt the strategy of sharing the context with all stakeholders to ensure that they have context and a clear understanding of the problem, the solutions and the opportunities that will arise from solving the problem through a capacity building area.

• Finding advocates and always listening to learn allowing people to be heard helps.

• We currenly host meetings to discuss future plans and ideas. This strategy is beneficial so we will continue to use this strategy in the future.

• Hosting a meeting to share

• I would take the survey of the staff and ask them to rate us on multiple parameters. Then, based on the results, I articulate the problem which is appealing. Since, the suggestions directly came from the staff, it would be easy to secure buy-ins.

• The management team usually provide information as to what changes need to be made and why. They also go further to ask for feedback but never take the feedback into consideration. after this course, I will bring to their notice the benefit of taking the feedbacks into consideration as not to offend or down grade the already existing culture to encourage more buy-in.

• The management team usually provide information as to what changes need to be made and why. They also go further to ask for feedback but never take the feedbacks into consideration. after this course, i will bring to their notice the benefits of taking the feedbacks into consideration as not to offend or down grade the already existing culture to encourage more buy-in.

• Our organization provides a platform where student are helped to become SMART researchers through thoroughly thought plan that teaches students to plan and execute researches in the given time hence improving the overall performance our institution and beneficiaries.

• Initiate an open discussion about the objectives of the capacity building initiative and the execution strategy. Engage staff members at every level to gather their thoughts on the current implementation of the plan and to identify potential challenges or areas for improvement.

• Buy-in is crucial because it ensures that everyone involved is fully committed to a decision or course of action. When people have buy-in, they are more likely to actively support and contribute to the success of the initiative. It fosters a sense of ownership and accountability, leading to better collaboration and ultimately better outcomes.

• Buy-in is crucial because it ensures that everyone involved is fully committed to a decision or course of action. When people have buy-in, they are more likely to actively support and contribute to the success of the initiative. It fosters a sense of ownership and accountability, leading to better collaboration and ultimately better outcomes.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.