Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• italicised text

• It's a great thing to aim good at fellow human being, great scholars of time says the best of you is the one who wishes to his neighbours what he wants for himself. Alleviating peoples health problems and poverty is the sole of the business at TID-CARE international,,( poor feeding will lead to poor health) hence our concern.
    Helping the needy
    Treating the sick
    And feeding the poor is our hallmark.
    My name is Taofeek Mustapha.

• Hello everyone! My name is Daphne Wood. I live on the west coast of Canada, on Vancouver Island, and work at a public library system. My organization's mission statement is: We build community and support literacy and lifelong learning by providing free access to information, space, tools and expertise. Three of the biggest obstacles I have experienced in my journey to achieve this mission include:

1. demonstrating value for money (ROI from our funders' point of view)
    2. reporting the social impact of our organization to the community
    3. leading change inside the organization
      I look forward to learning together and contributing to our shared discussions.
  • Hi Everyone. My name is Aisha.

Our Company Mission
    To continuously innovate and transform our heritage institutions to meet the needs of our democracy and serve our public. To manage and promote Iziko's unique combination of South Africa's heritage collections, sites and services for the benefit of present and future generations.

Obstacles:
    -funding
    -capacity building
    -transformation not happening as quick as we would like

• My name is Rumishael from Tanzania working with a community based school in support of the underprivilege children in our community to have access to high quality education. I am glad to be on this class.

• I am Godfrey Hassan Mukiibi, Founder and Executive Director of Bugoye Children Advocacy in Uganda.
    My organization mission is :
    *To empower vulnerable children to enhance formal education, a safe home and to overcome illiteracy and hardship.

• To transform behaviors of sexual violence by educating, inspiring, and mobilizing a global community stand together with Bucalpo and raise voices that can create real change.
      The three biggest challenges:

*Recourses needed for the Advocacy and Capacity Building building for our staff.

• Funding for the organization projects and programs.

• Reaching out to potational Donors, connections and networking.

• Hello, I am Light. Currently working as an analyst with Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation in Nigeria. I have passion for innovation and creativity. Hoping that my stay here will arm me with an improved skillset in identifying and unlocking business opportunities as well as my organization potentials.

• Hello, my name is Yvonne, and I am co-founder of a non-profit that operates a hospital that provides medical and rehabilitative care for 2000 injured and orphaned wild animals annually.

• Hello, my name is Yvonne, and I am co-founder of a non-profit that operates a hospital that provides medical and rehabilitative care for 2000 injured and orphaned wild animals annually.

• I am Godfrey Hassan Mukiibi, Founder and Director for Bucalpo Uganda. i am sure Philanthropy university is already making changes in university.

• Hello all, my organization's mission is to help establish free clinics that see low-income patients at no cost using volunteer physicians, nurses, etc. The biggest 3 challenges are:

1. identifying and assembling a capable and passionate steering committee in each community
    2. customizing a work plan for each community as they work to create their clinic
    3. creating a sustainable infrastructure for each clinic
  • My name is Abdirisaq Aden from Somaliland in the horn of Africa. My organization is EUCAP Somalia and its mission is to contributes to the establishment and capacity building of maritime civilian law enforcement capability in Somalia, including Somaliland.
    I think the obstacles we face are
    A - Lack of technical maritime skills from counterparts.
    B - Insufficient commitment of participants
    C - Finalizing procurement process due to insufficient of suppliers

• To empower Citizens, State and Non-State actors to inculcate a Culture of Human Rights, Good Governance,Peace and Security

1. Getting the Citizens to appreciate tthe state and the work they do.
    2. Devevoping collaboration between state and non-state actors
    3. Inculcating the human rights culture among all the parties (stakeholders)
  • Hello, I am Light. Currently working as an analyst with Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation in Nigeria. I have passion for innovation and creativity. Hoping that my stay here will take me to another level in stakeholder management.

• Good day everyone, I'm Dr Oziegbe Akhere, currently working in a private eye clinic in Ibadan, Nigeria. I'm taking advantage of this course to build myself for the future.

• Hello, my name is Ameen from Jeddah KSA. I'm working in Rakeen company which specialized in consulting and capacity building for organizations. Our mission "Organizations and individuals own capacities and sustainable factors to make the desired social change".

Three of the biggest obstacles:

• Assessing and Building the capacity for NGOs
    • Achieving the financial sustainability for NGOs
    • Designing innovative services and solutions that meet priority community needs
  • Hello! My name is Vandana, and I am an educator. I am also working with a few NGOs.
    I look forward to a better insight to work to the best of my ability with this course.

• Hello everyone. I am Onezy Fritz. I'm Haitian. I joined a trade union structure with a vision going more to support development than protest. I found the structure broken down on all fronts, a situation linked to the crisis that the country has been experiencing in recent years. It was in search of better solutions that I became interested in this course.

• My organization mission is to provide high quality health care to the poorest. But achieving this mission is not easy, the obstacles are:

1. match ressources to the need
    2. keep Equity in care delivery and imporving access to care.
    3. provide high quality of care
  • Hii, My name is Shahzaib. I want to work for Capacity Building and Training. so I am here. Nice to meet all.

• Good day, Am Alexander from Nigeria. I am here because i want to learn more on how to build capacity. i hope to enjoy this course

• I'm Okwuisi David Ibaninta I am from Nigeria, and I desire to achieve great goals in my life especially to handle an NGO that will help humanity, the funds to pursue this project is not available for now but I believe in myself that God will make me achieve that dreams I'm inspired for to come to actualization that humanity will be well-taken care of.

• Hello, I am ILIM Iveren Blessing from Nigeria and the name of my Organization is PRIME YOUTHS AND WOMEN EMPOWERMENT INITIATIVE.I will like to take this course to enable build my capacity and all other staff of our Organization in other to strengthen the Organization and move it to the next level of success.

• Hello All,
    My name is Thern Shivers and I from Long Island NY. I fell into activism by chance. I had just arrived from the South and ended up on my sisters couch for the next 9 yrs. The struggle to find housing was hard. One day a knock came to the door and there were two guys out there Carlos and Ben, they were going around informing everyone that the rent laws were expiring in June. I never even knew that there were rent laws so that peak my interested because my sister's apartment was falling down around her, she had been residing there for 20 yrs. So, I went to their next chapter meeting, and I have been a loyal faithful member ever since. One cause led to another so now my fights are Housing, education, criminal justice as well as social justice.

• Hi, I am Kalina. I am Polish. I work in the humanitarian sector. Now as a capacity building coordinator. I came here to develop and strengthen my knowledge in the topic of capacity building.

• This is me Prabesh, from Nepal working in the sector of peacebuilding. I am involved in the organization, where we take a lead on peacebuilding campaigns, and project for peace research, and community development. We have a decade experience in the sector of capacity building, research and community development work.

• My name is Cathy Anderson located in Nashville, Tennessee (U.S.). I am a business coach and consultant who specializes in nonprofit organizations. I always want to stay updated on the latest information. Also many of the grassroots and small organizations I prefer to work with have challenges in this specific area of Capacity Building. I want to make sure as an expert I am helping in the most effective manner. For the purpose of the courses, I will be giving credit to a local nonprofit, Home of Potential & Excellence, serving children providing both academic and social emotional support. I look forward to learning new concepts and ideas.

• My name is Abayomi Cole. I am Liberian and I reside in my home country (Liberia). I'm very much interested in this course and I look forward to the learning experience and the interactions.

• Hello, I work at Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri in the Refugee Services department. Our mission is to assist the most basic and immediate needs of the poor and vulnerable and by giving them the help and resources needed for long-term change. In the Refugee Services department, this looks like walking along newly arrived refugees as they are resettled in the United States.

The main challenges that we have been facing are 1) Leadership and personnel turnover 2) Difficulty expanding programs quickly due to Operation Allies Welcome in late 2021 and early 2022 and 3) Stretched capacity for staff

• Mabuhay! My name is Kelvin Cariquitan from the Philippines. I believe, I can unlock my full potential through this course. Help me. See you soon classmates!

• My name is precious. I am from Nigeria. I volunteer with Greenfield Africa.

• Hi everyone,
    I am Hkun Sai from Myanmar. My organization is Civil Development Organizsation and it's mission and goals; to ensure sustainable development for indigenous rights, morals, mental, and security, MRJ will lead to ensure sustainable development, the right to land ownership, to able of local people to participate in natural resource management by justice and fairness, and peace.

The biggest obstacles for our oganization is;

1. Weakness in organization capacity building
    2. Lack of human resources
    3. Insufficient funding
  • I am Wilfred Kerambo from Kenya. I hope to interact with a few in this course and attain skills

• My name is Japhet Simeon Emmanuel from Nigeria, I believe in hardwork, I aimed at bringing a sustainable impact in the society deserve to engaging in the production of food and services. I know by the end of this course I will see better me. It's a pleasure been here.

• Hi, I am Zebiba.

• My name is Ibrah Ssekandi from Uganda the pearl of Africa. Me and my small team run children ministry in Uganda where we are working to ensure that every child in our slum community experiences a happy childhood that sets them up for positive future. It's so nice to connect with you fellow philanthropists. Blessings to you all.

• My name is Leah and I am the Director of Community Engagement & Outreach for EVE (End Violent Encounters). EVE
    provides healing and supportive services to survivors of domestic and sexual violence while also empowering our community through education and awareness. Some of our biggest obstacles have been reaching minority and vulnerable populations for services, increasing our diversity pool for both staff and volunteers, (with the understanding that people feel more comfortable receiving services when they can see themselves reflected in the organization) and funding. We are a grant funded organization and a majority of our money comes through those grants. However, a lot of the grants are limited on what they can be used for which can affect our ability to provide services or educate the community. By diversifying our funding pool we can have better access to unrestricted funds.

• Hi Everyone, my name is Neessha and Im here to learn about unlocking organisation potential. I work with Astitva welfare foundation into Learning & development and im sure ill enhance my knowledge here to take my organisation to new heights in different verticals of education sector

• The Vision of Astittva is to Build a Strong Nation, Purposeful youth, Empowered Women through creation of Jobs, Skill Development, Nurturing Entrepreneurs, Developing Rural Economies.

• Hey I am Wasan happy to be hear

• hello dear colleagues my name is shina from Nigeria. my mission is to offer trainings on furniture construction to the teaming youths in my country for free thus helping my country upskill its young population that would in return add positive value to the nation.

• Hi
    I will like to learn more about your organisation.

• My name is Yvonne, a volunteer to my organization ,want to learn more here and be an assert to my organization by helping to achieve greater impact.

• My name is Fred. I work at a major research university in California. Just continuing to sharpen my skills through this course.

• Hi I'm Matshidiso (Tshidi) Mapeka from MSF Southern Africa, I am currently a co-sponsor for integrated campaigns community of practice I want to have a holistic view to capacity building.

• Hello everyone, its truly an honor to be part of this team as we embark on this exciting journey at philanthropy university. My name is Byaruhanga B. Hillary from Uganda and am really thrilled to join this vibrant community of scholars, learners and innovators. As we navigate this academic adventure, lets inspire and support each other in our pursuit of knowledge, growth and success. Here's to a memorable and enhancing experience at philanthropy university.

• My name is Rahanitriniaina Heriasina,from Madagascar .I'm the founder and president of our organization TeFi Madagascar. I
    took this course because I would like to strengthen my organizational skills and improve our NGO.

• Our missions are:

-To provide an integral education that builds character in freedom and responsibility through parent-staff collaboration,
    -personalized education,
    -and in accordance with good global practices.

The obstacles: we as educators try to inculcate the right values in our learners but they in turn return home to their peers from other educational institutions and mix-up, and they end up losing some of the values, thus making progress slow. so out major obstacles includes the following:

1. peer pressure
    2. parental influence
    3. societal norms and values
  • Hello everyone, my name is Yaro Garcia and I am with Counseling for Community Wellness. I am eager to take this course and learn more about capacity building.

• My name is Dr. Alise Bartley of Counseling for Community Wellness which provides free mental health care and counseling- breaking down cultural, economic, and accessibility barriers. We collaborate with fellow non-profits to offer top-tier counseling services to families, adults, and children in the diverse Southwest Florida community.

• Hello everyone,

My name is Pangi, and I'm thrilled to join this platform. I'm looking forward to engaging with all of you and being a part of this wonderful community. If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to reach out. I'm excited to connect with all of you!

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.