Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• My name is Tochukwu from Nigeria, I believe in hardwork, I aimed at bringing a sustainable impact the society deserve to engaging in food production. I know by the end of this course I will see better me. Nice meeting you fellow learners

A
    1 Reply
  • My name is Victor. I'm the founder of Symbol of hope foundation. A non- profit and NGO organization. At symbol of hope foundation, we believe that every child no matter their origin, deserves a happy family. Nice meeting you here.

O
    1 Reply
  • My name is Maxwell from Kenya. Am taking advantage of this platform to better me. nice to meet you here fam

• Hello. Currently, I volunteer with the Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation Committee at Holy Name Church; Fountain House Gallery; and the Architectural League. I have some experience sitting on a board for Hostelling International and I occasionally attend Manhattan Community Board 7 meetings. While doing some grant research for a nonprofit this Fall, I stumbled across Philanthropy University where I enrolled in on-line courses in branding, budgeting and capacity building.
    Although my formal education is in art, I have years of experience in customer service, food service, and retail. Working in used book stores led me to interests in Architecture, Languages, Film and Business. Volunteering with non-profit organizations, Habitat for Humanity and Urban Homesteading Assistance Board (UHAB), as an Americorps/VISTA opened my eyes to the vast numbers of people dedicated to making the world a better place and gave me some leadership experience.

• Hello my name is Moses Omondi from Kenya and happy to be here

• Hello my name is Moses Omondi and I work with a community based organization that creates awareness and advocates for Persons living with Non Communicable Diseases. Our organization just got started six months ago and we are still figuring out our vision and values. All of our effort goes into advocacy and awareness creation. We’re not sure how we’re going to be financially stable. That is why I believe we are in the Initiate phase.”

• Hello. My name is Nanci Bonfield. I am passionate about Fundraising and look forward to learning more about unlocking the potential of the organization I am working with. I recently have been working to start a non profit with a former Board of Directors and I'm excited for the growth potential.

• Capacity building is very important for any organization whether big or small to achieve success. This is however, dependent on the needs and demands of each organzation

• Hi! My name is Favour N Eloagu from Nigeria. I founded and i'm working with My Dream Naija Foundation. The aim of the organization is to equip Nigerian youths with the entrepreneurial skills to become self reliant and groom them into becoming transformational leaders for the betterment of our country Nigeria.
    It's indeed a pleasure to be part of Philanthropy university, and i's so delighted in taking this course "Unlocking Your Organization' Potential: Capacity Building 101.

• My organization's mission is
    Equipping Nigerian Youths, Redefining Entrepreneurship, Civil Service, Politics and Leadership.

Our greatest obstacles to achieving our mission are

1. Fund to finance our projects.

2. Most times after training the youths on skills of their choices, capital to startup becomes a challenge, thereby still keeping them on the street as unemployed.

3. 95% of Nigerian youths don't love to invest money for their personal development. They will only come out to attend programs if that program is 100% free.

• My name is Jimmy, co-founder and Manager of Find your voice innovation club.
    We engage in;
    scientific research,
    science awareness,
    Amplifying Youths efforts for invention and innovation,
    Gearing education on Antimicrobials resistance.

• Greetings to all my fellow ,This is chandan kumar founder of an environmental law development organisation - GREENJUSTICE NETWORK FOUNDATION dedicated to the advocacy for the earth.I am looking for execute my plans in to action throught this capacity building course .

• Hi All, am Leo and would like to be part of this wonderful team aiming on Unlocking organization's Potential.Thank you all especially our trainer who has crafted this wonderful course.

• Hello, my name is Moses Oramisi from Kenya working with the Ngao Foundation i hope this will help my organization to stand still

• Hi, am Lydia Aluoch from Kenya, a marketing officer eager to learn and apply this knowlege to my organization.

• My names are Ndawambi Mwale from Zambia,am am working for a an aquaculture company in Zambia. Am excited about this course and to meet you all.
    regards

• I am Alok Sahay from India our ourganisation mission is To develop a leadership in community which is responsible and efficient.
    -To help community become progressive an self reliant society .
    -To help and aware community that they unite for demanding health services and do best health practice for sustainable development
    The Three big obstacle

1. Identify prospective donor for our organisation
      2.How to reach them donor Individual /institutional
    2. How to write a proposal that a donor can fund.
  • Hello! My name is Brooke Sulahian and I live and work out of Melrose, Ma (just north of Boston). I run an organization called Hope for Our Sisters. Inc. I am excited to learn from all of you as we journey together.

• The mission statement of Hope for Our Sisters, Inc. is Generating Hope through Women's Health and Empowerment.

Our three biggest obstacles are:

1. Lack of medical infrastructure in our partner countries (Angola, the DR Congo, and Nepal),
    2. Currently, COVID has made it very difficult to share our sisters and mission with new potential investors, and
    3. Identifying, connecting with, and securing new Major Investors.
  • I am Alok Sahay from India our ourganisation mission is To develop a leadership in community which is responsible and efficient.
    -To help community become progressive an self reliant society .
    -To help and aware community that they unite for demanding health services and do best health practice for sustainable development
    The Three big obstacle

1. Identify prospective donor for our organisation
      2.How to reach them donor Individual /institutional
      convening board to buy one capacity building plan
  • My name is Birhanu Babiye.

• Hello Everyone, My name is Yared Abera. I am from the capital city of Africa, Addis Ababa. I lead an organization calle Ignite Ethiopia.

• My name is Adamu Mohammed from nigeria, iam the director operations, my organization name is likari business services a company that renders innovative service offer of general merchandise to clients. We maintained relationship management with our customers.

• My name is Rona Munkuli, iam a civil servant working as a district nursing administrator. We believe in offering quality nursing care to our patients. Iam glad to be part of this group.

• My name is Bronscar Masani from Zambia, I am currently volunteering as an Education Officer for a Community based Organization called Mmabana Community Outreach Project Choma.

• Mission: Sharing the love of God to the needy through acts of love. Love your neighbor as you love yourself.
    Obstacles:

1. Lack of finances.
    2. Lack of man power.
    3. Lack of networks.
  • Hello there,
    I am Ope Oguntoye an upcoming social impact strategist based in Nigeria. I am the cofounder of Lend a Hand of Hope Support Initiative.
    The Organisation is set to equip under-developed communities by facilitating access to resources through education, technology and skill acquisition. As a start up, we have experienced individually and collectively the following constraints;

1. Inability to design and implement programs and projects effectively.
    2. Slow-paced attitude of staff towards the organisation.
    3. Inactivity of board members.

As a leading social innovator, it is very important to me to be informed. I am Super grateful for a free platform like this. I look forward to learning and interacting with like-minds.

• My name is Saffa and my organisation's mission is to build high economy and social impact through (1) nurturing and navigating local Startup and Social Enterprise into successful and sustainable businesses, (2) cultivating a creative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture, (3) Enabling a thriving and sustainable entrepreneurial landscape and (4) catalysing globalisation opportunities through acceleration and market access.

• Hello
    I'm Jeremiah J. Koliyah the CEO and founder of Phyta Educational Foundation. Phyta Educational Foundation is local NGO found in Liberia with the vision of standardizing and enhancing the education of less fortunate children by using charitable donations to provide scholarship for students and advocating for better educational policies that will improve the educational system.
    Over the years I have been struggling to bring this vision to reality but I have been faced with the following challenges:

1. Lack of resources
    2. Lack of capacity for my few team members
    3. Lack of proper leadership role
  • HELLO , MY NAME IS YUSUF KAMWANA FROM MALAWI. I WANT TO LEARN MOTRE FROM THIS PLATFORM HOW I CAN BUILD MY CAPACITY

THANK YOU ALL

• My name is Siddharth and I am the Director of Operations for Make A Difference, a not for profit organisation working towards ensuring equitable outcomes for the children in need of care and protection. We are currently working with 3000+ vulnerable children across India in 23 cities.

• My name is Andrew, from Uganda. I have great desire to make impact in every mission I undertake, how to make this impact and obtaining the funding to realize this plan is interesting skill to know. Happy to be here.

• Hi All, this is Priyabrata Nandy from India.

• My name is Andrew and I work at a Junior School which started four years ago, and is currently teaching kindergarten kids. The school however, hopes to expand to accommodate elementary level children. Currently, the focus is to consistently focus on the kindergarten children to deliver a good service as we mobilize resources to build more structures for elementary level. Our staff is also limited now. At this stage, I believe we are in the stabilize phase.

• My name is Andrew and I work at a Junior School which started four years ago, and is currently teaching kindergarten kids. The school however, hopes to expand to accommodate elementary level children. Currently, the focus is to consistently focus on the kindergarten children to deliver a good service as we mobilize resources to build more structures for elementary level. Our staff is also limited now. At this stage, I believe we are in the stabilize phase.

• HI IA MA HA[[Y YO BE HERE

• ITS AWESOME PLATFORM

• My name is Ruth, am the founder of Professional Urban Planners Association of East Africa. I have an education background in urban planning and international trade policy and law. Am happy to meet you all on this platform. I hope we all have a lot to share and take from each other.

• Hey!

Here's Nk.
    I am one of the executive members of our non-profit organization.
    I git myself enrolled in this course to take the full advantage if this platform & to know more about how can I work on capacity building of my NHO

I do believe , this course will help me a lot to explore more related to topic!

• Hi. I am Glory and My organisation's mission is to create a platform where young people can achieve their potential by enabling them access to essential services such as sexual health, mental health, building equitable gender norms skills among adolescents, quality formal and technical education and opportunities to create livelihood like skills acquisition and empowerment without being exposed to discrimination, harassment, emotional or physical harm.
    The challenges faced by the organization are;

1. Lack of funds
    2. Lack of commited human resources
  • I'm ALEN PASCUAL, from the City of San Jose del Monte, Province of Bulacan in the Philippines. I am the founder of Galing San Joseno Movement whose basic mission is focused in developing and strengthening of individuals and organizations in an end-view of a more balanced and integrated development based on their individual/personal objectives and aspirations but will eventually transcend to benefit the general welfare of their community.

• Helloz y’all.
    I’m by names of etegu abdulhakiim okello from Uganda. I’m really grateful to be here.

• My name is Oziomah and I work at a profit firm that helps organization implement programmes. My organization started 10 years ago and we have figured out our vision and values. All of our effort goes into bringing out the clients vision to reality while also expanding the organization reach. That is why I believe we are in the Grow and Amplify phase.”

• my name is karla i believe in colombia

• italicised text

• It's a great thing to aim good at fellow human being, great scholars of time says the best of you is the one who wishes to his neighbours what he wants for himself. Alleviating peoples health problems and poverty is the sole of the business at TID-CARE international,,( poor feeding will lead to poor health) hence our concern.
    Helping the needy
    Treating the sick
    And feeding the poor is our hallmark.
    My name is Taofeek Mustapha.

• Hello everyone! My name is Daphne Wood. I live on the west coast of Canada, on Vancouver Island, and work at a public library system. My organization's mission statement is: We build community and support literacy and lifelong learning by providing free access to information, space, tools and expertise. Three of the biggest obstacles I have experienced in my journey to achieve this mission include:

1. demonstrating value for money (ROI from our funders' point of view)
    2. reporting the social impact of our organization to the community
    3. leading change inside the organization
      I look forward to learning together and contributing to our shared discussions.
  • Hi Everyone. My name is Aisha.

Our Company Mission
    To continuously innovate and transform our heritage institutions to meet the needs of our democracy and serve our public. To manage and promote Iziko's unique combination of South Africa's heritage collections, sites and services for the benefit of present and future generations.

Obstacles:
    -funding
    -capacity building
    -transformation not happening as quick as we would like

• My name is Rumishael from Tanzania working with a community based school in support of the underprivilege children in our community to have access to high quality education. I am glad to be on this class.

• I am Godfrey Hassan Mukiibi, Founder and Executive Director of Bugoye Children Advocacy in Uganda.
    My organization mission is :
    *To empower vulnerable children to enhance formal education, a safe home and to overcome illiteracy and hardship.

• To transform behaviors of sexual violence by educating, inspiring, and mobilizing a global community stand together with Bucalpo and raise voices that can create real change.
      The three biggest challenges:

*Recourses needed for the Advocacy and Capacity Building building for our staff.

• Funding for the organization projects and programs.

• Reaching out to potational Donors, connections and networking.

• Hello, I am Light. Currently working as an analyst with Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation in Nigeria. I have passion for innovation and creativity. Hoping that my stay here will arm me with an improved skillset in identifying and unlocking business opportunities as well as my organization potentials.

• Hello, my name is Yvonne, and I am co-founder of a non-profit that operates a hospital that provides medical and rehabilitative care for 2000 injured and orphaned wild animals annually.

• Hello, my name is Yvonne, and I am co-founder of a non-profit that operates a hospital that provides medical and rehabilitative care for 2000 injured and orphaned wild animals annually.

• I am Godfrey Hassan Mukiibi, Founder and Director for Bucalpo Uganda. i am sure Philanthropy university is already making changes in university.

• Hello all, my organization's mission is to help establish free clinics that see low-income patients at no cost using volunteer physicians, nurses, etc. The biggest 3 challenges are:

1. identifying and assembling a capable and passionate steering committee in each community
    2. customizing a work plan for each community as they work to create their clinic
    3. creating a sustainable infrastructure for each clinic
  • My name is Abdirisaq Aden from Somaliland in the horn of Africa. My organization is EUCAP Somalia and its mission is to contributes to the establishment and capacity building of maritime civilian law enforcement capability in Somalia, including Somaliland.
    I think the obstacles we face are
    A - Lack of technical maritime skills from counterparts.
    B - Insufficient commitment of participants
    C - Finalizing procurement process due to insufficient of suppliers

• To empower Citizens, State and Non-State actors to inculcate a Culture of Human Rights, Good Governance,Peace and Security

1. Getting the Citizens to appreciate tthe state and the work they do.
    2. Devevoping collaboration between state and non-state actors
    3. Inculcating the human rights culture among all the parties (stakeholders)
  • Hello, I am Light. Currently working as an analyst with Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation in Nigeria. I have passion for innovation and creativity. Hoping that my stay here will take me to another level in stakeholder management.

• Good day everyone, I'm Dr Oziegbe Akhere, currently working in a private eye clinic in Ibadan, Nigeria. I'm taking advantage of this course to build myself for the future.

• Hello, my name is Ameen from Jeddah KSA. I'm working in Rakeen company which specialized in consulting and capacity building for organizations. Our mission "Organizations and individuals own capacities and sustainable factors to make the desired social change".

Three of the biggest obstacles:

• Assessing and Building the capacity for NGOs
    • Achieving the financial sustainability for NGOs
    • Designing innovative services and solutions that meet priority community needs
  • Hello! My name is Vandana, and I am an educator. I am also working with a few NGOs.
    I look forward to a better insight to work to the best of my ability with this course.

• Hello everyone. I am Onezy Fritz. I'm Haitian. I joined a trade union structure with a vision going more to support development than protest. I found the structure broken down on all fronts, a situation linked to the crisis that the country has been experiencing in recent years. It was in search of better solutions that I became interested in this course.

• My organization mission is to provide high quality health care to the poorest. But achieving this mission is not easy, the obstacles are:

1. match ressources to the need
    2. keep Equity in care delivery and imporving access to care.
    3. provide high quality of care
  • Hii, My name is Shahzaib. I want to work for Capacity Building and Training. so I am here. Nice to meet all.

• Good day, Am Alexander from Nigeria. I am here because i want to learn more on how to build capacity. i hope to enjoy this course

• I'm Okwuisi David Ibaninta I am from Nigeria, and I desire to achieve great goals in my life especially to handle an NGO that will help humanity, the funds to pursue this project is not available for now but I believe in myself that God will make me achieve that dreams I'm inspired for to come to actualization that humanity will be well-taken care of.

• Hello, I am ILIM Iveren Blessing from Nigeria and the name of my Organization is PRIME YOUTHS AND WOMEN EMPOWERMENT INITIATIVE.I will like to take this course to enable build my capacity and all other staff of our Organization in other to strengthen the Organization and move it to the next level of success.

• Hello All,
    My name is Thern Shivers and I from Long Island NY. I fell into activism by chance. I had just arrived from the South and ended up on my sisters couch for the next 9 yrs. The struggle to find housing was hard. One day a knock came to the door and there were two guys out there Carlos and Ben, they were going around informing everyone that the rent laws were expiring in June. I never even knew that there were rent laws so that peak my interested because my sister's apartment was falling down around her, she had been residing there for 20 yrs. So, I went to their next chapter meeting, and I have been a loyal faithful member ever since. One cause led to another so now my fights are Housing, education, criminal justice as well as social justice.

• Hi, I am Kalina. I am Polish. I work in the humanitarian sector. Now as a capacity building coordinator. I came here to develop and strengthen my knowledge in the topic of capacity building.

• This is me Prabesh, from Nepal working in the sector of peacebuilding. I am involved in the organization, where we take a lead on peacebuilding campaigns, and project for peace research, and community development. We have a decade experience in the sector of capacity building, research and community development work.

• My name is Cathy Anderson located in Nashville, Tennessee (U.S.). I am a business coach and consultant who specializes in nonprofit organizations. I always want to stay updated on the latest information. Also many of the grassroots and small organizations I prefer to work with have challenges in this specific area of Capacity Building. I want to make sure as an expert I am helping in the most effective manner. For the purpose of the courses, I will be giving credit to a local nonprofit, Home of Potential & Excellence, serving children providing both academic and social emotional support. I look forward to learning new concepts and ideas.

• My name is Abayomi Cole. I am Liberian and I reside in my home country (Liberia). I'm very much interested in this course and I look forward to the learning experience and the interactions.

• Hello, I work at Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri in the Refugee Services department. Our mission is to assist the most basic and immediate needs of the poor and vulnerable and by giving them the help and resources needed for long-term change. In the Refugee Services department, this looks like walking along newly arrived refugees as they are resettled in the United States.

The main challenges that we have been facing are 1) Leadership and personnel turnover 2) Difficulty expanding programs quickly due to Operation Allies Welcome in late 2021 and early 2022 and 3) Stretched capacity for staff

• Mabuhay! My name is Kelvin Cariquitan from the Philippines. I believe, I can unlock my full potential through this course. Help me. See you soon classmates!

• My name is precious. I am from Nigeria. I volunteer with Greenfield Africa.

• Hi everyone,
    I am Hkun Sai from Myanmar. My organization is Civil Development Organizsation and it's mission and goals; to ensure sustainable development for indigenous rights, morals, mental, and security, MRJ will lead to ensure sustainable development, the right to land ownership, to able of local people to participate in natural resource management by justice and fairness, and peace.

The biggest obstacles for our oganization is;

1. Weakness in organization capacity building
    2. Lack of human resources
    3. Insufficient funding
  • I am Wilfred Kerambo from Kenya. I hope to interact with a few in this course and attain skills

• My name is Japhet Simeon Emmanuel from Nigeria, I believe in hardwork, I aimed at bringing a sustainable impact in the society deserve to engaging in the production of food and services. I know by the end of this course I will see better me. It's a pleasure been here.

• Hi, I am Zebiba.

• My name is Ibrah Ssekandi from Uganda the pearl of Africa. Me and my small team run children ministry in Uganda where we are working to ensure that every child in our slum community experiences a happy childhood that sets them up for positive future. It's so nice to connect with you fellow philanthropists. Blessings to you all.

• My name is Leah and I am the Director of Community Engagement & Outreach for EVE (End Violent Encounters). EVE
    provides healing and supportive services to survivors of domestic and sexual violence while also empowering our community through education and awareness. Some of our biggest obstacles have been reaching minority and vulnerable populations for services, increasing our diversity pool for both staff and volunteers, (with the understanding that people feel more comfortable receiving services when they can see themselves reflected in the organization) and funding. We are a grant funded organization and a majority of our money comes through those grants. However, a lot of the grants are limited on what they can be used for which can affect our ability to provide services or educate the community. By diversifying our funding pool we can have better access to unrestricted funds.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.