Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Dora should use the data from the program on writing skills and the one on technology to ascertain which one has the largest market demand in terms of employment and pick that.

• She should base her decision on evidence from the previous program

• I agree to dora decision .Mentorship can be a very crucial tool for empowerment ,through linking them with mentors the mentors will guide them thrrough and also help them with guidance and training in the the writing skills and technology.

• She should first look at the previous projects and from the data and inferences drawn ,she can use the results to make a conclusive decision

• I will suggest she looks at her database. Data base will explain to her which of the programs has actually been producing results and the once that has been wasting resources. The one wasting resources should be suspended without bais.

• Dora can use data to find out which program is successful amongst the programs mentioned. If i were to decided on Dora`s behalf without using data, the explanation below would be my decision.

I think Dora should keep a class that teaches professional writing skills and another class that teaches technology skills. I am saying so because I think Dora has gained enough knowledge to let go of the mentorship program and be a mentor to these people. Another option is to request people who have graduated from her program to mentor the following group of students.

• According to me Dora could cut the program where she spent a lot of money for example I could cut thechnology based program for the reasons:

reason 1: cost of tools is high
    reason 2: technology itself is expensive
    reason 3: accessing technologically stored data needs extra costs
    reason 4:there is a need of skilled expert for using this technologyto

• Dora should overcome her temptation and make of program data to inform her decision about which of these programs to cut. I she goes ahead to keep the mentorship program at the expense of one of the other programs without using sound data, her decision will be bias in favor of her sentiment; which lead to very poor decision making in most cases.

• Dora should listen to her intuition and keep the mentorship program while cuts off either the technology or writing class. Getting good mentors will do the women more good, as it will help them grow well in enterprenuership while they can use the gain from there to further in acquiring technology or writing skills.

• great decision

• I think that Dora because of her own experience when she was a young woman, that she was lucky enough to find a mentor who really supported her efforts to grow and credits a lot of her success to this mentorship, that she should listen to her intuition and keep the mentorship program and cut either the technology or writing class

• Due to budget constraints, I advise Dora to eliminate one of the programs stated as "there is a class that teaches professional writing skills."

• Dora should use the data to make decisions collected from mentorship, technology and writing class

• On a simple advise on Dora's decision l would advise her to first collect or gather the data by conducting a survey from all the mentioned indicators and carry an analysis and use the outcomes she will find then basing on her experience alone.

• Dora should go a head with her decision of keeping her intuition because that is her inner voice telling her to do something.

• Dora should consider by reduce the spread of the program rather then closing either of the programs. She can reduce like the number of trainings, intake of students, timing like instead of doing weekly training can be reduce to monthly or quarterly at best.

• These are some of the things I think Dora should consider. The cost. Dora should provide a course which has lower expenditure to start with as they progress with time. Dora could also consider the Course which is most preferred by the beneficiaries . She should interview or use any appropriate mean to collect data from the beneficiaries to determine the most preferred course. Finally she could also find out the most marketable course between the two.

• Given that we are in the era of new technologies, the first decision that might be the good one can be cutting off the writing skills program. If those women are well trained using Technology, they will easily get access to writing templates or skills later on.

Another thing to consider will also be the location of our story. Maybe the NGO is found in a remote village where the jobs there don't require technological knowledge. If this is the case then, they can learn writing skills first.

• How will she evaluate the effectiveness ?

• Professional writing skills are a presentation of the kind of person you are. These will be important when writing Resumes and Cover Letters that could possibly get you the job that you desire. On the other hand, technology is the new thing in today's world. It is innovating and changing every minute so everyone needs to get along with the times and be knowledgeable about it. 10 years from now, a higher proportion of jobs will be replaced by the latest technology. In as much as everyone needs a mentor to coach them into being whatever they would like to, in this aspect I think mentorship would be less significant as compared to writing skills and technology, a lot of people have made a success of themselves without the need for anyone guiding them.

• I think Dora should conduct a survey to her beneficiaries to collect data based on their experience because thing might have changed depending on time and circumstances

• Its difficult time for Dora now
    I think if she can try find investors for her program before giving up
    Again its a good Idea to keep the mentorship program while cutting either the technology or writing class

• What Dora is doing to the communities, it is good.
    The best way is to listen to her intuition and keep the mentorship program, because mentorship played a big role to her life for her to be where she is today. This means she must keep mentoring the women as it can also empower them.

• What Dora is doing to the communities, it is good.
    The best way is to listen to her intuition and keep the mentorship program, because mentorship played a big role to her life for her to be where she is today. This means she must keep mentoring the women as it can also empower them.

• As the Executive Director, Dora should first of all in order to make sound, rational and productive decision, reflect critically on the data. She has to analyze all running programs and evaluate their impact and success, so that she cut off the less effective one. that will help her avoid the risk of biasness. but once she follows her intuition and keep the mentorship program over the other two only because she once had a mentor that will be a bias decision. by right data based decision making should be used over any other.

• Dora should cut off technology and writing skill program and attend to a mentorship class of interpreure which is illign her to her vision of the NGO.
    Since they will be less funders this year its better for her to help other woman thought this.

• Dora va prendre en compte les compétences d'écriture professionnelle parce que si les dames parvenaient à bien maitriser comment se créer une profession elles peuvent le temps subir des formations sur les compétences professionnelles pour qu'elles soient complètes.

• Dora needs to understand the employment market before cutting down the education programmes, additionally she also needs to compare the cost efficiency and explore the possibility of keeping two programmes instead of only one. She can also interview former network of women who participated in this program to understand their perspective on the program effectiveness, a study on current employability according to the programme enrollment is also critical.

• Dora needs to do a research on how effective the programs have been. Running decisions on intuition is a horrible mistake for corporate projects and functions.

• she should have a look at the certain time background and conditions of the target community where she would like to apply the programme because it worked with her, but the target people and certain community conditions might not appropriate to the programme. As a result, she can decide which class is the better to invest.

• she should have a look at the certain time background and conditions of the target community where she would like to apply the programme because it worked with her, but the target people and certain community conditions might not appropriate to the programme. As a result, she can decide which class is the better to invest.

• there is need to review all relevant information that has been gathered throughout the years to find out which of the programs is more viable or more important other than basing on her own experience because her experience may not provide a clear pathway since it might have been in different circumstances

• there is need to review all relevant information that has been gathered throughout the years to find out which of the programs is more viable or more important other than basing on her own experience because her experience may not provide a clear pathway since it might have been in different circumstances

• She should gather data about how many people participate in each program and the effectivity of the programs. She shouls also considerwhat the community needs.

• While the mentorship program has the highest rating (8.4/10), it is also the most expensive ($45 per participant) and it is not the most effective tool for beneficiaries to find jobs after 6 months (only 8% of participant reported finding employment after.)
    Based on the data collected, its is best to invest in Technology Skills. It has the second highest rating (7.3/10), and it is the most cost effective program given that it is only $23 per participant and 15% of the participants reported they found a job 6 months after the program.

• when we want to make a decision we must talk about different aspects of it and how it will effect our own future.

• Dora should do a survey to know which of the three matters most to the woman.
    But on a generalized note, Dora should hold on with the technology class, or reduce the number of woman she accommodates for the time being until she is sure of a big funding.

• I think she accept new program because she have many experience.

• I think that if i were Dora i would pull out data for all participants who participated in all 3 programs and analyse the data to check the success rate of participants after they got the skills. The question will be how many participants were hired after attending the course. Based on the findings i will therefore make a decision as to which program can be shut down or phased out. Its easy to make a decision based on the personal experience but it can also be biased if not backed up by data it can be the biggest mistake to the decision maker. It can be biased.
    So the correct way of making decisions it must be based on the findings from the data collected during yhe program. Hence it is important for the whole team to prioritise data collection and data use for decision making.

• Dora requires data to be able to make effective decisions regarding which of her interventions to cut. This is because times have changed from when mentorship sessions were the only available interventions or which she had access to, she wouldnt have known if a blend of mentorship with technological intervention would've been more relevant. She needs to be able to evaluate the level of impact the individual interventions have achieved in times past to be able to determine the one with the least impact to be cut out.

• Dora requires data to be able to make effective decisions regarding which of her interventions to cut. This is because times have changed from when mentorship sessions were the only available interventions or which she had access to, she wouldnt have known if a blend of mentorship with technological intervention would've been more relevant. She needs to be able to evaluate the level of impact the individual interventions have achieved in times past to be able to determine the one with the least impact to be cut out.

• It is Dora's beleif that her success is due to mentorship while it is not an objective view supported by data. Probably by taking writing class one write a very good unsolicited proposal and get financial means for starting business or by attending tevhnology class one learn software development skill and develop a sucessfull application which become popular.

• I recommend Dora if there is no possibility to have survey can go through the documents of similar programmes implemented by other NGOs in her country or other contexts. Each decision that Dora want to take should be supported by evidence and data.

• decisions are supposed to be made based on evidence of the impacts of the Programme for future funding considering the funders priorities

• Dora should review her MeE plan and check which program is the least performing in terms of meeting its objective. For instance, she should check the percentage of women who actually benefited from the different programs in terms of development / career opportunities / economic gain.

• This is the most common method many people use in their daily life, deciding solely based on personal experience. It is not precise and satisfactory in many cases because it does not take context nor facts of data into consideration. It can backslash later in worst case - due to closed mindset, narrowed viewpoint and biases that lead to conflict in an organization. At work, a person who control the decision making process on his or her own can be considered authoritative

• Since, Dora has some connections, especially for entrepreneurship, she can apply for support or a program to implement. With this, her professional programs will be incorporated within the entrepreneur program since she doesn't want to drop any of her programs. Next, she has to reduce the number of persons to be enrolled.

• Dora and her team need to go back to the information/data from the evaluation process of their programs. Looking through this evaluation data will best inform the team on which program to be cut.

• Dora should not give and continue mentoring women there will always be an opportunity and I think Dora should cut of writing skills and major on technology people can always learn more with this digital world now

• Dora should look at the data and see the amount of people who attend these courses and how many people use the mentorship program. Reviewing this data give Dora more incite on which option is helping students the least.

• Mentorship class will cover all the other class so she is right to cut them

• I believe Dora should reconsider the organizational program evaluation data and presentation and take a closer look at it in order to come up with the best solutions as to which program should be terminated rather than going over her head and choosing the mentoring program simply because she herself has completed a similar program.

• Dora should carry out a survey among the participants and she chooses the best

• dora should follow her intuition

• dora should follow her intuition

• To make a decision about cutting one program and keep other depends on the main project goals, Dora's focus is to help women from low-income communities get jobs, so before taking decision Dora has to gather all data and results findings for all those programs and conclude based on the internal data and findings . But usually it depends on project target goals and current program data/report/findings.

• personal views and reflection of experience should not be accounted for

• DORA SHOULD CUT THE WRITING SKILLS PROGRAM AND CONTINUE WITH THE MENTORSHIP AND TECHNOGY CLASSES BECOUSE THEY ARE MOST USEFUL

• Dora as to see which program is more likely to fail or with lass chances to succed. She as to see if the activities are meeting the targets or not and remove the project that is more far from the original objectives and indicators.

• This is a wonderful discussion to me,my advice to Mrs Dora is to take the class of technology, because its will help the women to develop the skills of business development so that they can improve their income

• Let's see what Dora will do.

• Depending on Dora's length of experience with the NGO or similar, she should not discount her intuition completely. She does, however, have to realise that she is only one person and therefore not a useful sample from a quantitative point of view. As the purpose is to see how many women are assisted to get jobs, a more specific quantifiable decision should take place. This means strong data on that objective for each programme are going to be important in this decision.

There are really 4 aspects to take into account with regard to the decision.

1. What does the quantifiable data show? Which programmes were more successful and why?
    2. This leads to another key thing in analysis - what was the Return of Investment on each programme, which needs to be calculated on spend per job. It is possible that a lot of money was invested in one programme, which even though it created more jobs than the others, it cost more per job to do so. Maybe a better option would be to cut that programme and upscale the other two.
    3. Dora needs to think about her own experience. What was it that the mentor did that helped her so much? Are there other organisations that provide similar services or as is often the case in South Africa, there are a large number of volunteer mentors.
    4. What is the definition of professional education (should have been ascertained in the planning phase) and based on this, what are the expectations of the funders?
  • Thanks. I never thought of the fact that participants might be part of all three programmes. If that is the case, how do you work out which had the most impact. A survey from the beneficiaries would be helpful, but what about the employers? This is an interesting topic to discuss.

• Thanks. I never thought of the fact that participants might be part of all three programmes. If that is the case, how do you work out which had the most impact. A survey from the beneficiaries would be helpful, but what about the employers? This is an interesting topic to discuss.

• Dora must choose the class that should be stopped by studying the labor market and knowing which of the skills required by the market, in order to ensure that the largest possible number of trainees get a chance to work.

• She must have a plan for a data analysis
    Data tool to collect her data

• She must have a plan for a data analysis
    Data tool to collect her data

• She needs to conduct a research before making this decision

• Considering the fact that there will be less funding this year and Dora's success is kind of connected to a mentor who helped her as a young woman to grow and one of the program connects women to successful female entrepreneurs; I think Dora should make her findings on the effectiveness of each of the programs before making a conclusion.

• dora should make a lot of techniques to solve the problems first she should teaches young women technological skills and in her self should follow these steps that reaches the final decision to her program

1. she should make data collection from two parts then data management, data cleaning and data analysis and interpretations and finally make decision to wards her programme
  • Dora use her life experiences credits a lot of her success to this mentorship. their for i think there is biased on her decision

• Dora should use data to make a decision

• Dora did the right decision

• Dora's decision needs to be based on the data-driven decision, on what will be done considering that it should give her the picture of the situation on the ground, other than basing her facts on assumption.

• In my opinion Dora, needs to collect data from the project beneficiaries before deciding to cut the technology or writing programs. She needs to have justification to decide. For this, a kind of quick assessment is very essential.

• Je pense que le Mentorat pourra l'aider à atteindre son objectif de projet. Ce choix confère directement des expériences et offre en meme temps des possiblilités d'apprendre la Technologie.

• Dora should analyze the results of the all 3 programs for the last 2 -3 years and choose the program with the best results. Additionally she should do needs assessment of her future beneficiaries and satisfy these needs - the decision should be based on clear data and not on intuition.

• Dora should carry out a survey to investigate which program has the most impact on women and then draw a conclusion from the data collected on the program to cut

• Dora should look at the organisation data they have on the programs being offered and which of then provides the most results. the results will help guide her decision on which of the programs needs to be cut.

• True, one of the organizations i work for faced a similar challenge as Dora and instead of cutting of a program completely, we had to think of a way the programs could be merged and be able to provide support and achieve results. though the scope of work definitely had to change

• Doras decision to cut technology.This will help her on cost wise ,other writting can help her achieve other aims or goals with her writtings skolls

• Dora's decision should be data-driven based on the impact of the 3 projects in the lives of these women

1. The main goal of Dora is to help women from low-income communities to get jobs;
    2. There is a mentorship program that connects women to successful female entrepreneurs;
    3. From a young woman Dora was lucky enough to find a mentor who really supported her efforts to grow, and she credits a lot of her success to this mentorship.
    4. She has profound reasons to keep the Mentorship program.

So, between PROFESSIONAL WRITING SKILLS and TECHNOLOGY SKILLS PROGRAMS, she should CUT Professional writing skills and KEEP Technology skills program, because in today's situation, Entrepreneurship and other jobs requires technology skills, as a great fit.

F
    1 Reply
  • Another way to analyse this case is to collect data for effective decision-making and NOT to base on her intuition.

She need to collect data to make great decision about the program to be cut.

• Dora faces a difficult decision as she has to determine which program to cut in order to make the most impact for the women she serves. In this situation, there are a few factors that Dora should consider before making her final decision.

1. Impact: Dora should consider the impact of each program on the women they serve. She should analyze data on the number of women who have benefited from each program and how these programs have helped them find employment. This will give her an objective view of the value of each program.

2. Market Demand: Dora should also consider the current market demand for the skills taught in each program. For example, if there is a high demand for technology skills, it may not make sense to cut the technology class. On the other hand, if there is a surplus of professional writers, cutting the writing class may have a lesser impact.

• Dora faces a difficult decision as she has to determine which program to cut in order to make the most impact for the women she serves. In this situation, there are a few factors that Dora should consider before making her final decision.

1. Impact: Dora should consider the impact of each program on the women they serve. She should analyze data on the number of women who have benefited from each program and how these programs have helped them find employment. This will give her an objective view of the value of each program.

2. Market Demand: Dora should also consider the current market demand for the skills taught in each program. For example, if there is a high demand for technology skills, it may not make sense to cut the technology class. On the other hand, if there is a surplus of professional writers, cutting the writing class may have a lesser impact.

3. Funding: Dora should also consider the likelihood of obtaining additional funding for each program in the future. If the mentor-ship program is particularly well-regarded and has a strong track record of success, it may be easier to secure funding for it in the future.

Ultimately, Dora's decision should be guided by her organization's mission and the impact it has on the women it serves. While her personal experience with mentor-ship is valuable, she should make a decision based on the data and the objective analysis of each program's impact. If possible, she may also consider seeking input from the women who have participated in each program, as well as the organizations and individuals who fund the programs.

• Dora is the executive director of a small NGO that helps women from low-income communities get jobs. The main way that they do this is by providing professional education services.

• Dora is the executive director of a small NGO that helps women from low-income communities get jobs. The main way that they do this is by providing professional education services.

• Mentorship has definitely shown to be one of the most valuable and effective development opportunities an organization can offer employees, per the numbers.
    Having the guidance, encouragement, and support of a trusted and experienced mentor can provide a mentee with a broad range of personal and professional benefits, which ultimately lead to improved performance in the workplace. The advantages of mentoring extend to all involved in the program, including the host organization.

• This concept alludes to a process of using data for decision making, in which researchers collect data, detect patterns from the data, put together an analysis and use that analysis to make inferences about subjects particularly your target market that would be used for taking actions.

• This concept alludes to a process of using data for decision making, in which researchers collect data, detect patterns from the data, put together an analysis and use that analysis to make inferences about subjects particularly your target market that would be used for taking actions.

• I think Dora should keep the mentorship because it may also help those ladies involved in the program to reach success as Dora did.

• I think Dora should keep the mentorship because it may also help those ladies involved in the program to reach success as Dora did.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.