Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• For me i think she can cut the writing class because that skill can be easily transferred

B
    S
    J
    3 Replies
  • HI MY NAME IS DAVID AND AM HAPPY TO BE HERE

J
    1 Reply
  • Dora should cut the technology class.

This is because based on her own past success story, it is evident that the mentorship program that creates women to successful entrepreneurs can create an impact that would attract more funding for the technology class.

Also, since the main way that the organization does it is by providing professional services, the writing profession would be of added advantage to add more skills to the women. The technology class may need some additional funds to provide technological equipment for the women as they take the program.

B
    1 Reply
  • Dora should cut the technology class.

This is because based on her own past success story, it is evident that the mentorship program that creates women to successful entrepreneurs can create an impact that would attract more funding for the technology class.

Also, since the main way that the organization does it is by providing professional services, the writing profession would be of added advantage to add more skills to the women. The technology class may need some additional funds to provide technological equipment for the women as they take the program.

F
    1 Reply
  • Dora must do a survey, after collecting the data about people opinions on the matters, and then she'll conclude.
    She did not take her intuition in consideration,but her decision must linked to the analysis results of data.

B
    1 Reply
  • Looking at it from this perspectives, since both them are important, and Dora needs to cut off one,the best decision is to plan. would advise she go with the technology skills, which i think will be age if added up with the mentorship.

P
    1 Reply
  • She should cut on either professional writing skills because those can be taught later. Mentorship is very key and she is living example to that herself.

J
    J
    2 Replies
  • Borrowing these words from the TW project, "Intuition is increasingly recognized as a natural mental faculty, a key element in the creative process and a possible problem-solving factor.

Intuition is now recognized as an innate ability available to everyone, not a rare and accidental talent, but rather a natural ability that anyone can develop.

Intuition occurs and can be used in professional and personal life, can allow you to be productive and proactive in any situation and, above all, can improve the decision-making process."

It is clear that intuition in Dora's decision was the driving force that led her to act the way she did. Given that Dora's decision is guided by her past experience which is pretty subjective, taking a decision that could sots the success of the entire project based on her experience can cost the company in terms of finance and more hence leading to project failure. So intuition must be complemented with facts surrounding the organization as well as keen eyes on the organization's goals so that the progress of the project is assured and attainment of goals ensured.

• Can this really be verifiable?

• I think her past success story is not a law that must be applied to the later. Instead i think she should have based her decision on the realities surrounding the project and the impact of cutting one or the other of these activities on the entire project and goal attainment.

• Doing a survey entails gathering and analyzing information and agree with you that based on the results obtained she would have been guided to take the right decision.

J
    1 Reply
  • If i were in the shoe of Dora, i rely on her hands on life experince which makes her sucessful in her proffessional life, eventhough there may be some more factors to put her at the position she is now, to continue the mentorship program to pave way for the incombent trainiees at her program. Based on the conviction definately she have to cut the two programs due to the lack of funds.

• This is a tough one... Technology is used everywhere to have it, is very useful but if the ladies cannot write well and do reports on the data they have, it can be problematic.
    However, it is better to have knowledge of technology and acquire the skills that will keep you aware and make you more marketable.

• In my opinion, I would like highly recommend that Dora should keep activities related to technology skills because it is neccessary for women to find the employment opportunities and apply technology skills in their task with the booming of high-tech development

• From her previous experience, Dora has gained a lot and became successful because of her mentor. the mentorship she received was a primary reason that she is successful now. She wants to do something good for the society by mentoring the women from low-income communities get job or do something good in their career.. She can stop the other writing program and continue mentoring program as the funding is less and not sufficient. In this way, she can continue her project.

• She needs to collect data to find out which of the two programs is impacting more to the lives of the beneficiaries.

• I think she shouldn't cut off the technology and writing skills because the papers/qualification might get you a job and the successful women that come to for mentorship will come and inspire the women..

• I think she shouldn't cut off the technology and writing skills because the papers/qualification might get you a job and the successful women that come to for mentorship will come and inspire the women..

• Very relevant example

• Dora's decision of cutting professional skills is right decision as a proper mentoring skills will help in building the whole round development of the personal skills including the writing skills for those female.

• What if Dora decides with her team to reduce the budgets for every program that they run to accommodate small groups of women every time. in my own opinion, this can help her run the programs without dumping any as they plan further to source for more funding to sustain all the good programs that they have initiated

• Dora should not cut a programme where woman are trained to become intrepreneurs, she should however cut other programmes such as training for writing

• The median is known as a measure of location; that is, it tells us where the data are. As stated in , we do not need to know all the exact values to calculate the median; if we made the smallest value even smaller or the largest value even larger, it would not change the value of the median. Thus the median does not use all the information in the data and so it can be shown to be less efficient than the mean or average, which does use all values of the data. To calculate the mean we add up the observed values and divide by the number of them. The total of the values obtained

• I feel Dora should cut the professional writing course as the other courses, that is, Mentorship and Technological skills a practical courses/life skills which participants can readily use to improve their livelihoods. The professional writing course is also important as it helps with proper communications but it can be commenced at a later date once funding has been secured.

• SHE COULD EXPLAIN FIRST TO ALL CLASSES AND TAKE POINTS OF EACH CLASS GAVE THEN SHE TAKE TIME TO WAY OUT THE THREE

• Le programme de mantorat ne doit pas ĂȘtre supprime. Il peut ouvrir la porte aux financements

• Le programme de mantorat ne doit pas ĂȘtre supprime. Il peut ouvrir la porte aux financements

• the best ways for Dora's to keep going with both of them and she must try go use time management.
    for instance, if she is responsible to teach in both of courses she must decrease the duration of the time and then ahead with her program.
    1: how much time that she allocated for writing skill?
    2:how much time that she allocated for technology skill?
    answer: daily she allocated 2 hour for writing and 2 hour for technology skill, ok the things that she is responsible to do is to decrease 1 hour from both of them and conducted each of them per 1 hour daily.
    second solution: if she don't want to accept this approach, then there is also exist other solution for this and that is Dora's should eliminate the second one, because its fine to conduct your duties and responsibilities without technology and its not possible that you go with your task or job without writing skill , I mean that Dora's should continue with her writing class.

• This is a difficult decision to make. It will undoubtedly affect the lives of many individuals, including staff who will lose jobs. For this reason, it should be based on data and the outcomes of each one of the programs, as opposed to Dora's intuition. Dora should look at the outcomes for each one of the programs for the clients who are served and be as transparent as possible with the reasoning for the decision. Because there will likely be questions from staff and beneficiaries as to why a specific program was cut as opposed to another, Dora should have data to back up her decision.

• Dora should take note of keeping the class that teaches professional writing skill and mentorship training program because training, mentoring and knowledge applied, is essential to learner skill development and through this, the learner can learn how to write proposal for grants and funds needed by her Ngo organization

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.