Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• it is used of information/data available to figure out facts about a topic of reserach

• Esta análise é uma melhoria. Ele reconhece a complexidade da relação entre os sintomas e a confiança social . Também reconhece que esta é uma relação que pode afetar apenas alguns pacientes.

• I think qualitative analysis is quick difficult.

• Interpreting a qualitative requires an analyst to very objective considering moderate and balance comparison.

• Well from the instance, we are only looking at the case of a respondent. It is important to know that a qualitative data analyst most apply all five basic steps on the response from each respondent to have an objective finding.

• Interpretation is final stage of data, where the information which is carried on raw data is extracted. On interpretation is where conclusions are generated, impact is observed by the organization and the final report which is shared to other agencies for decision making.

So the process must be done carefully so that not to mislead the community and stakeholders.

• Quantitative data analysis is more rigorous and requires a sharp focus to be able to decipher, interpret and present data responsibly

• Since qualitative data is very subjective, data interpretation should be done in such a way that it does not give more or less credibility that is required. The data should be interpreted to give a detailed and nuanced interpretation.

• Interpretation is a complex endeavor but focusing on the big lessons learned and conclusion are a good step to begin interpretation

• To interpret data using quantitative analysis or qualitative analysis required data collection, store, manage, use and interpret according to need.

D
    1 Reply
  • As usual, Dora the executive director of a small NGO that helps women from low-income communities to get jobs by providing professional education services to enhance their capacity. Having lucky enough to find a mentor who really supported her efforts to grow, Dora need to organize the women data and focus on the analysis and interpret to the community. As well as categorize information by identifying partners to support the continuing funding of the program.

• Interpretation in qualitative data analysis look at what big lesson or conclusions can be drawn from the project. Specific quotations or stories from say interviews are important to include to validate a conclusion. It is important to also make sure the big issues or lessons are put across in a format that can be easily understood by the funders, stakeholders or your team.

D
    1 Reply
  • "The sores covering my face made people looking at me feel uncomfortable"
    "I feel better because the sore in my face have disappeared"

• How can you interpret data with honesty?

• How an you improve that so that you don't get misinterpreted

• quotes from the interview can make ones analysis more valuable to the stakeholders and can be of easy understanding

• for one to analyse qualitative data, he or she has to follow steps of analysing. This includes reading the data, focus on analysing, categorising data, put in patterns, and interpret

• data analysis should be done in simple, well-detailed writing and not hastily. one should not rely on interview alone to make a conclusion. a good interpretation is necessary for a better communication with the lessor.

• One should be careful when interpreting the data.

• The client said "The sores
    covering my face made people looking at me feel uncomfortable. Therefore, I
    thought this was a chance to change everything."

• Includes the big lessons learnt ,new things ,helpful lessons to others,they should be written in an understandable format.

• Interpretation is very important because you have to analyze the data that you have and make you it is not interpreted the wrong way.
    Your interpretation will affect your results so it has to be good

M
    1 Reply
  • data interpretation is basically summary and conclusion should also include lessons ,quotation and stories where applicable

• "I had a Positive experience. Although at first I thought being found positive was the end of my life. The counselors sat me down and told me it was not the end of my life."

"I feel healthier than before and I am able to engage in activities that earn income such as selling vegetables"

• The following quotation illustrates the further relationship between social confidence and the symptoms of HIV/AIDS that the patient had and hence would best support the interpretation;
    ' I feel better because the sore in my face have disappeared. When I had them, I used to feel shy when somebody
    looks at me.'

• This module both qualitive and quantitative data analysis is an eye-open to making one a very good researcher. The tools outline, for analyzing quantitative data, although there are more than these are very important for analysis of data: they are the use of Countif in getting the FREQUENCY of your data set, the use of mean in getting your average, the use of mode in getting to know the number of time a data value appears in a data set, the use of the median in getting your middle value in your dataset, using the range in getting the difference of the lowest value and the highest value of your dataset, and the standard deviation to find out how wide or close a data value is from the mean .
    Although is has been said that there is no universal way guidelines or tools like that of the quantitative data analysis tools, the summary guide provided in this module is very, very useful for analyzing qualitative data, and I found out that the key is the initial questions of the researcher. The five guides or steps should be followed closely and you will be able to analyze qualitative data.

This lesson is very practical in makes anyone to learn through this Philanthropy University Platform. I can boast about this great University that I am gradually, but seriously learning what I did not know prior to coming to learn this course.

• 404202200446:"the counselors sat me down and told me it was not the end of my life.They said that there are many diseases that kill,so I need not to worry too much but concentrate on taking medication. They also told me to eat foods that well help improve my health such as vegetables and fruits

• Having a collation of data helps in identifying patterns and understanding relationships between two themes

• The Client, upon visiting the clinic was treated for facial sores caused by HIV/AIDS. This caused her social shame. Due to the treatment, she felt better, and in the absence of the sores on her face, her self confidence was increased .

• Qualitative analysis some what difficult when comparing to quantitative analysis which has exact one answer.
    So qualitative analysis need special attention on reading, watching and listing of your data. Then based on the five steps listed above anaysis should be conducted. Through this qualitative analysis can be conducted for your project

M
    1 Reply
  • The module starts nicely by providing the difference between Quantitative and Qualitative approaches. it points out that no data can be measured or expressed in terms of numbers of figures hence this data can be approached to qualitatively
    The module has provides good basic skills in the use of Microsoft excel in Quantitative data analysis and interpretation. the formulae provide a good insight on how they can be used to provide a set of needed measurable answers.
    The Qualitative approach provided in this module also provides the basic skills one needs to start with in handling the data that can not be measure or quantified. It gives insight on how to handle the data relationships within the categories that can be identified. It also emphasizes on how to categories and focus the data.
    However, Practice is cardinal to achieve these interpretive skills

• One of the social shame is sore on the face, which is one of the symptoms of HIV/AIDs. Testing for HIV and treating it properly may lead to build the confidence of a patient.

• The analysis of qualitative data is abit hard to understand and it needs more explanation

• In my opinion, this quotation from the text best supports this interpretation:-
    "...The sores covering my face made people looking at me feel uncomfortable. Therefore, I thought this was a chance to change everything"
    "Yes. The drugs are helping me improve my health, therefore my confidence has improved"

• Example of a project and interpretation of the results.
    Topic; EFFECTIVENESS OF WATER SUPPLY PROJECT
    Question; What percentage of villagers could access safe water by conducting the project?
    Answer; 40% of all villagers could access safe water.
    Conclusion; The effectiveness is low due to problem with the location of the waterworks installed and water supply management committee might not be functioning properly.

• This five steps are very crucial to get the best of information from the qualitative data that was collected in the research process.

• Interpretations mainly refer to the lessons or conclusions made from qualitative data analysis conducted.
    It is one of the key stages of analysing qualitative data since the lesson are drawn from the data and are Written down, in order for them to be finally presented

• it is better to analyze deeply and make a clear interpretation on the qualitative findings as sometimes you can mislead the results

• This development of qualitative data analysis is very helpful

• great discussion

• Data interpretation is critical and key factor in the qualitative data analysis step. However, we know and understand that both data category (Qualitative and Quantitative)are needed to get a complete overview of the project or program under monitoring and evaluation activities. Futhermore, within the qualitative approach, Interpretation is what that will play to provide valuable and relevant impact of final results of our research work.

• In order to interpret the information, get to know the data, focus on the analysis, categorize the information, identify the patterns and do the interpretation

• It is very important to write down the major points from an interview and not go by general conclusion.

• Qualitative analysis is very vital, it helps to know the data, focus on the analysis, categorize the information, identify the patterns and do the interpretation

• Quantitative analysis is precise, deal with figures/values and very objective in measuring and interpretation. Whereas, qualitative analysis involves drawing out themes from categories of response information, interpretation is subjective as it depends on the evaluator and the surrounding context.

• Helping clients have insight on the key issues and providing them Knowledgeable information on possible ways to get help brings about the desired positive changes.

• The last interpretation is clear, since it gives the simplification of the subject in question: the visible symptoms of HIV / AIDS such as injuries, cause social shame in some patients, the treatment proposed by the program to ensure that this patients to have more social trust.
    This is the program to give patients the confidence that they will still live.

• Exactly, it is in quantitative there are more mathematical formulas and there is a precision of answers by numbers to give a meaning of what we have as data. In the qualitative it requires more reflection on what we have as a study but in terms of quantitative you work by laying down precise formulas

• Qualitative analysis is very vital, it will make it easier for us to understand the importance of the study, the expectations of the respondents and the structure of the question and information to provide solutions to the respondent and to properly interpret the theme on the study. .

• Effects of HIV/AIDS contributes a lot to social shame. Managing the symptoms through proper care can give patients more social confidence.
    In a nutshell a provable cause-effect relationship must be supported significantly by on collected data

• Effects of HIV/AIDS contributes a lot to social shame. Managing the symptoms through proper care can give patients more social confidence.
    In a nutshell a provable cause-effect relationship must be supported significantly by on collected data

• we can note this sentence: "The sores
    covering my face made people looking at me feel uncomfortable. Therefore, I thought this was a chance to change everything"

D
    1 Reply
  • I think there are other interpretations which I may like to know.

• Before the data analysis, the m&e person should have should know that data is either analyzed as quantitative or qualitative. Quantitative data are counted and can be expressed in numbers. On the other hand, qualitative data are expressed in feelings or words

• It is impossible to list every type of pattern that you might encounter in your qualitative data.

• Much progress has been made in improving some aspects of quality of health care
    across the world, for example with regard to cancer survival rates and mortality from
    cardiovascular diseases. The symptom seen on the HIV patient is real because only two different kinds of morbidity and mortality in a large quantity.

• Depending on the community, cultural and social stratification, symptoms of HIV may have different impacts on different patience. But if we could identify the most common symptoms and treat it, it may boast clients confidence. But most at times advocacy could be helpful in the other to minimize the negative social impact of symptoms.

• Data analysis and interpretation is one of the key roles for M&E function and therefore requires the right technical expertise to conduct. The interpretation of results depends on the objectives of the analysis and the type of data analysed. Quite often we collect data from a few individuals/sample and generalize the interpretation to larger population, it is also important consider the unit of analysis and generalization in the interpretation of results.

• The initial discussion identifies the difficulty when comparing HIV/AIDS symptoms with social confidence.

The example above interpretes the relationship between visible symptoms of HIV/AIDS and social confidence as facial sore.

Despite the fact that malaria was also stated as a symptom but a clear and understandable relationship was not mentioned so as to justify the basis for the argument.

The absence from gatherings, business meetings and work place based on the weakness that comes with re occurring malaria sends an unusual signal to the public on a check on health status of the HIV/AIDS patient which brings them to noticing the facial sore. As simple as this might sound, it is what messes up with the mind of the patient whereby affecting the social confidence of the patient.

The use of makeup, nose mask, skin shields as well as use of prescribed medication at the specified time are ways to minimise the the facial sore from being noticed by people around especially when one is well treated from malaria which causes weakness to the bones and makes one bed ridden for concerned people's visit.

Thank you everyone.

• Explanation
    Translate orally
    Illuratuve representation
    Analyse
    Expound
    Elucidate
    Decipher
    Unfold
    Unravel

• Explain, translate orally, illustrative representation, analyse, expound, elucidate, decipher, unfold, unravel

• In most project categorizing information is the most time consuming step of any qualitative data analysis. there are two basic approaches to categorization
    1 Define your categories before analyzing
    2 Define your categories while analyzing

• Yes, what about Interpretation in Module 4, what's your question ?

• One could conclude that, for example, out of 10,000 HIV/AIDS patients interviewed, 80% of them account that visible symptoms such as facial sores, make them have low social confidence. Thus, treating these visible symptoms will make HIV/AIDS patients have confidence in the society they live in.

• Quantitative analysis is less complicated and straight foward however it requires good understanding of mathematics or statistics concepts. On the other hand qualitative might be complicated. It requires deep analysis and you can easily temptated to be bias. Overall is most exciting activity.

• Having learnt the importance of bias in the early stages of this course, I now realise that in qualitative analysis, it is very important. If you are inclined towards a certain participant or group of participants' responses because of your bias, it is very easy to make a very weak conclusion from your analysis. Being critical and thorough is one way and skill every data analyst should possess.

• What interested you or motivated you in participating?
    404202200446: I thought the referral would help improve my health. I had been to the hospital so many times and always thought it was malaria. The sores covering my face made people looking at me feel uncomfortable. Therefore, I thought this was a chance to change everything.

Have you noticed a change in you or your family’s health that you think is a result of participation in the referral system?
    404202200446: Yes my health has improved. I feel better because the sore in my face have disappeared. When I had them, I used to feel shy when somebody looks at me. Fewer HIV-related illness, and improved CD4 from 200 to 471.

• 1.Satisfaction: the client expresses satisfaction with the services they have received.
    2.Dissatisfaction: the client expresses dissatisfaction with the services they have received.
    3.Symptoms: the client discusses the symptoms of HIV/AIDS.
    4.Social confidence: the client discusses having (or lacking) social confidence.
    5.Knowledge: the client discusses something that they learned or did not know previously.
    Those are the most important things I learn in this module about analyzing qualitative data Analysis.
    Social shaming really exist in all HIV/AIDS patients, and about the first impression, at first i thought the interview was about a male patient until when i go deeper.

Interpretation is the most critical phase in qualitative data analysis.

• Exactly my point

• Absolutely true

• In summary, qualitative data analysis can be said to involve five steps: knowing the data, focusing the analysis, categorising the information, identifying patterns and interpretation.
    By following these steps, anyone reading our analysis would be able to easily understand why and how we arrived at our conclusions. This allows us to explain and defend our process.

• Get
    Focus
    Categorize
    Identify and
    Interpret

Get a Hang on this and qualitative data analysis is lit.

• a very interesting aspect of M&E, it is also the most critical

• When one is involved in qualitative analysis all the steps like get to know, focus, categorization, identification and interpretation must be done appropriately. The way the interpretation of the data collected can be done, has the power to mislead or to guide those who wants to use the analysed data accordingly. Interpretation can make a bad or good conclusion of what ever it has been researched.

• "Interpretation is a communication process, designed to reveal meanings and relationships of our cultural and natural heritage, through involvement with objects, artifacts, landscapes and sites."

• "Interpretation is a communication process, designed to reveal meanings and relationships of our cultural and natural heritage, through involvement with objects, artifacts, landscapes and sites."

• Unlike quantitative data, qualitative data is more difficult to analyze and make decisions. From the case study, it is evident that the categories under which the responses can be categorized into are varied and not so clear. Thus, qualitative analysis is less clear than quantitative.

• تحليل البيانات له خطوات تتبع كل خطوه والرد على الاسئله سيعلمك كيفيه المقابله

• interpratation is the reporting of the analysis.

• ata interpretation refers to the implementation of processes through which data is reviewed for the purpose of arriving at an informed conclusion.

• In my opinion, this quotation from the text best supports this interpretation:-
    "...The sores covering my face made people looking at me feel uncomfortable. Therefore, I thought this was a chance to change everything"
    "Yes. The drugs are helping me improve my health, therefore my confidence has improved"

• I agree with the improved findings that, HIV/AIDS symptoms causes patients to experience shame and treating the symptoms can give patients more social confidence, because from the text the respondent says ".....the sores covering my face made people looking at me feel uncomfortable therefore I thought this was a chance to change that".

• Yes I agree this is true. Proves the analysis findings.

• Hello everybody

• Interpretation in the Qualitative Data Analysis is neeeded to elaborate the look of subject matters observed in an interview.This comes after categorization and identity patterns of information.

• Qualitative analysis requires through understanding and carefully attention of patterns and categories in order to exhibit meaningful conclusion.

• Following all the steps of qualitative analysis is crucial for us to have the best results

• The 5 steps introduced by Taylor-Powell & Renner in 2003 about qualitative analysis empowers the researchers to be objective; hence, lessening the tendency of researcher's bias toward data interpretation.

• The 5 steps introduced by Taylor-Powell & Renner in 2003 about qualitative analysis empowers the researchers to be objective; hence, lessening the tendency of researcher's bias toward data interpretation.

• Decision making should always be driven by data

• Steps in quantitative data analysis
    1.Get to know the data
    Read, watch or listen to your data.
    2.Focus the analysis
    Approaches
    1.compare between responses
    2.Focus on a detailed analysis of a singe response
    Consider the goals of your project.
    For example we will focus on a single response the interview with health clinic client.

1. Categorize information

4.identify the patterns

5.Interpret your data

1 Reply
  • In collecting qualitative data, I should not rely on the first form of information or my first impression only, but I should re-read it slowly and focus on it greatly to reach the final result according to appropriate criteria.

• Two of the quotations from the text that best support this interpretation are: "I feel better because the sore in
    my face have disappeared'. When I had them, I used to feel shy when somebody
    looks at me; The drugs are helping me improve my health therefore my confidence has improved"

• Dora should not make any decision based on her intuition, rather she should analyze available data on the strength of each program,so as to make evidence base decision

• Les symptômes visibles du VIH/SIDA, tels que les plaies, provoquent chez certains patients une honte sociale. Le traitement de ces symptômes peut donner aux patients plus de confiance sociale. Ainsi le patient se sent.

• HIV/AIDS symptoms cause patients to experience social shame. Treating these symptoms gives patients more social confidence

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.