Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Interpretation is very important especially when it concerns data

J
    1 Reply
  • Learning something really new

J
    1 Reply
  • Qualitative data analysis can be summed up in one word – categorical. With qualitative analysis, data is not described through numerical values or patterns, but through the use of descriptive context (i.e., text). Typically, narrative data is gathered by employing a wide variety of person-to-person techniques. These techniques include:
    Observations: detailing behavioral patterns that occur within an observation group. These patterns could be the amount of time spent in an activity, the type of activity and the method of communication employed.
    Documents: much like how patterns of behavior can be observed, different types of documentation resources can be coded and divided based on the type of material they contain.
    Interviews: one of the best collection methods for narrative data. Enquiry responses can be grouped by theme, topic or category. The interview approach allows for highly-focused data segmentation.

• Data analysis and interpretation is the process of assigning meaning to the
    collected information and determining the conclusions, significance and implications of
    the findings. It is an important and exciting step in the process of research. In all research
    studies, analysis follows data collection.
    According to C.R.Kothari (1989), “The term analysis refers to the computation of
    measures along with searching for patterns of relationship that exist among data-groups”.
    Analysis involves estimating the values of unknown parameters of the population and
    testing of hypotheses for drawing inferences.

• the studies showed that some visual HIV/AIDS symptoms could lead to social shame

J
    1 Reply
  • In the analysis of qualitative data, categorization is the great challenge, especially when it involves many interviews.
    At the same time when the analysis is in charge of a group of 2 or more people, it creates subjectivity in the categorization, the same interview two people can caregotize in two different ways.

• In order to analyze qualitative data there are five suggested steps.

Getting to understand the data through familiarity. This achieved by going over the text or recording several times. The impressions distilled on each iteration are noted and later used in analysis.

Focusing the analysis on the few key questions that it is designed to answer. These questions may change as we work with the data, the trick is to ALWAYS keep the the purpose of the evaluation and what we want to find out in view.

Categorizing the information otherwise referred to as coding or indexing the data. The way this is done in qualitative analysis is by going over the text or recording and identifying coherent categories. reading and re-reading the text and identifying coherent categories. It involves: Identifying themes or patterns — ideas, concepts, behaviors, interactions, incidents, terminology or phrases used. Or,
    Organizing them into coherent categories that summarize and bring meaning to the text. This is the crux of qualitative analysis.

Identifying patterns and connections within and between categories in our data. We will need to assess the relative importance of different themes or highlight subtle variations in the patterns and connections we see both within and between the categories in our data.

The final step is giving interpretation to the qualitative data. At this point we use the themes and connections to explain our findings. The lessons learned, knowledge acquired, innovations developed and their application to other settings, programmes and studies.

• Interpreting data is what breathes life into it; without that, data can't make much sense.

• This topic has been one of the perfic topic that i have enjoyed but wish to have more on the topic as part of the course.

• Fear with a mix of denial, why she stayed sick instead of getting tested. She was more comfortable thinking she had Malaria and being fearful of how people will view.

• Interpretation is the last step of processing analysis of a qualitiative data in a proper way according to the model we have studied in this module. To interpret your qulitiative data one has to ask a basic questions like, What are the big lessons or conclusions? new things learnt? lessons can be taken to other projects? things that others may be interested to learn?
    Another good rule for documenting your analysis, can be while writing your findings good to use a simplified format which appeals to all targeted stakholders that might use your analysis. In addition to this it is advisable to iluncde specific quotations or stories to support your analysis

• I want to know more about the possibilities I can use in my qualitative data analyzes. But so and above all digital spaces for these analyzes and appropriate tools for the work of qualitative data analysis.

• "There has been no change, I have always related with everyone the same way."
    "I feel better because the sore in
    my face have disappeared. When I had them, I used to feel shy when somebody
    looks at me."

• The fiv3 5 phases that was discribed is somehow confusing me

• This topic is very educative, it's an eye opener, didn't really know much about qualitative data till now.

• Quantitative data can be interpret easily with the specific answers and conclusions drawn from the use of statistical tools. Whereas for the qualitative date we need to firstly need to get detail information, focused on the required information, categories related information to identify relationship patterns and finally analyzed and interpret it. There is no any cut throats rule in qualitative data interpretation but we need to focused on making the conclusion simple to understand. Using of specific relevant quotations from the qualitative data is powerful to support your finding and conclusion.

• Interpretation of Qualitative data can be a problem as it is not objective and can easily be misinterpreted.

D
    1 Reply
  • This interpretation has an element of truth in it. However, it is oversimplified. After all, while the client discusses two types of symptoms related to HIV/AIDS—facial sores and unspecified, malaria-related symptoms—she only connects the facial sores to her social confidence.

• Very challenging yet presented in a simple to understand way

• Some quotations from the text that would best support this interpretation would be as follows:
    "The sores covering my face made people looking at me feel uncomfortable. Therefore, I thought this was a chance to change everything." This quote would be good to explain how the client felt pre-services.
    Another good quote would be: "The drugs are helping me improve my health therefore my
    confidence has improved."

• La nature des données qualitatives

• Le programme de mantorat est important car il peut ouvrir des portes aux financements de la part des femmes mantor

• This is a very vital part in analyzation system, when you gather all the information belong to your indicator you need to follow some strategies over gathered data and then you need to conduct some steps in order to analyze base on quantitative analyzation.

• Qualitative data analysis is quite different from quantitative. Here, honesty as one of the principles of ethical behavior might be affected. So it's very important that one focuses on the Five steps of qualitative data analysis to ensure close connection to being accurate. Get to know the data first, focus on the analysis, bearing in mind the types of questions that u may be able to provide answers to, for the interest of the project stakeholders.
    Categorize the info , define a category for each type of response, which response are u having more often than others, or are similar types of responses pooping up repeatedly? Thereafter, identify patterns and relashionships , and finally interpret your analysis.

• The Second scenario reveal the relationship that exist between social condifience and occurrence of HIV symptoms and diseases in each patient. Also due to the relationship of the staff health worker with their respective patient they are confident about their state of health and such patient can recover from their illness very quickly.

• To me the following quotation as a response against the questions can be used a illustrations for this interpretion.

Q#1: Have you noticed a change in you or your family’s health that you think is a result of participation in the referral system?
    404202200446: Yes my health has improved. I feel better because the sore in my face have disappeared. When I had them, I used to feel shy when somebody looks at me. Fewer HIV-related illness, and improved CD4 from 200 to 471.

Q#2: Have you experienced any changes in terms of your confidence?
    404202200446: Yes. The drugs are helping me improve my health therefore my confidence has improved.

Q#3:

• With structure steps to interpret interview and discussion, the results can come out consistent from different people that interpret it.

• It is very important to interpret the interview with a structure method.

J
    1 Reply
  • If I put myself in Dora's shoes and assess the criticality of the situation I will make necessary alters in the scope of the three of the interventions by combining them in to either two different interventions or into a single intervention: By keeping mentorship program as it is and merging rest of the two in to a single one or merging all the three programs into a single program. Though the number of beneficiaries would be reduced but keeping in constraint i funding it would be wise to facilitate the same beneficiaries in all three trades.

• Yes, it good to have a well elaborative on the effects of visible signs of HIV.

example of conclusion

Visible symptoms of HIV/AIDS, such as sores, is a sign of patient's weak immunity. Treating these symptoms and creating HIV/AIDS awareness can improve patients self awareness and social confidence.

• "I feel better because the sore in my face have disappeared. When I had them, I used to feel shy when somebody looks at me. "

"The drugs are helping me improve my health therefore my confidence has improved."

• Interpretation refers to relation between data relatingit to the hypothesis

• it is also to notes the relation between data as well as to verify the research hypothesis

• Interpreting your findings simplifies the qualitative analysis procedures you have carried out

• The interpretation has an element of truth in it. However, it is oversimplified. After all, while the client discusses two types of symptoms related to HIV/AIDS—facial sores and unspecified, malaria-related symptoms—she only connects the facial sores to her social confidence.

This analysis is an improvement. It acknowledges the complexity of the relationship between symptoms and social confidence. It also acknowledges that this is a relationship that may only affect some patients.

• It is essential to follow the steps for data analysis in qualitative data analysis as it helps to make sense of the large quantities of data.

• the fact she didn’t know that he has HIV made her to paa through alot of pain . She always thought her
    sicknesses was Malaria. My interptretation here is the services of the Non governmental organization help helped her realized that she had to go have HIV test, which ended up helping her to be able to get some treatment to her problem.

• my notice. It can be supported by counseling and support for the sufferer, by taking care of the community in which he or she lives, to reduce anxiety and loneliness, and at the same time recover, both physically and mentally.

According to our sources and interviews with these people, the biggest challenges they face are discrimination and stigma.
    this creates great anxiety for patients.
    Advising and promoting adequate nutrition can help a person recover, live longer, and live longer.

• In qualitative data analysis interpretation is the last step in the process and whereby findings are derived and lessons from the analysis are learnt.
    Interpretation of the data collected evaluates the the participant's subjective judgment based on non-quantifiable information e.g. how an individual feels about an activity
    The analyzed information need to be presented in a simple format and be specific to the questions asked instead of a generalized statement about a subject.
    The analyzed and interpreted data should be compiled in a manner that is easy and simple for the teammates, donors and stakeholders to synthesize and understand

• Qualitative analysis deals with non numerical data. During analysis, the following are steps to follow;

1. Know your data
    2. Focus analysis
    3. Categorize information
    4. Identify pattern
    5. Conclusion
    S
    1 Reply
  • Congratuations. I support your comments.

• How are confusing you?

• Interpretation tries to provide an explanation of the thinking behind what has been said.
    Interpretation focuses on a description of the problem studied. The interpretation is guided by the themes that appear during the data analysis. Interpretation occurs when interconnections between data are highlighted.

• Visible symptoms of HIV/AIDS, such as facial sores, cause some patients to experience social shame. Treating these symptoms can give patients more social confidence.

• That's quite interesting.

• This really builds on the training "Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation"

• I thought the referral would help improve my health. I had been to the hospital so many times and always thought it was malaria. The sores covering my face made people looking at me feel uncomfortable. Therefore, I thought this was a chance to change everything.

O
    1 Reply
  • However, caution must be taken as one does the interpretations... to avoid biasness...

• absolutely. me too...

• As compared to invisible issues and complications...

• Qualitative and Quantitative data analysis helps in interpreting data, thereby making the data more meaningful

J
    1 Reply
  • it is used of information/data available to figure out facts about a topic of reserach

• Esta análise é uma melhoria. Ele reconhece a complexidade da relação entre os sintomas e a confiança social . Também reconhece que esta é uma relação que pode afetar apenas alguns pacientes.

• I think qualitative analysis is quick difficult.

• Interpreting a qualitative requires an analyst to very objective considering moderate and balance comparison.

• Well from the instance, we are only looking at the case of a respondent. It is important to know that a qualitative data analyst most apply all five basic steps on the response from each respondent to have an objective finding.

• Interpretation is final stage of data, where the information which is carried on raw data is extracted. On interpretation is where conclusions are generated, impact is observed by the organization and the final report which is shared to other agencies for decision making.

So the process must be done carefully so that not to mislead the community and stakeholders.

• Quantitative data analysis is more rigorous and requires a sharp focus to be able to decipher, interpret and present data responsibly

• Since qualitative data is very subjective, data interpretation should be done in such a way that it does not give more or less credibility that is required. The data should be interpreted to give a detailed and nuanced interpretation.

• Interpretation is a complex endeavor but focusing on the big lessons learned and conclusion are a good step to begin interpretation

• To interpret data using quantitative analysis or qualitative analysis required data collection, store, manage, use and interpret according to need.

D
    1 Reply
  • As usual, Dora the executive director of a small NGO that helps women from low-income communities to get jobs by providing professional education services to enhance their capacity. Having lucky enough to find a mentor who really supported her efforts to grow, Dora need to organize the women data and focus on the analysis and interpret to the community. As well as categorize information by identifying partners to support the continuing funding of the program.

• Interpretation in qualitative data analysis look at what big lesson or conclusions can be drawn from the project. Specific quotations or stories from say interviews are important to include to validate a conclusion. It is important to also make sure the big issues or lessons are put across in a format that can be easily understood by the funders, stakeholders or your team.

D
    1 Reply
  • "The sores covering my face made people looking at me feel uncomfortable"
    "I feel better because the sore in my face have disappeared"

• How can you interpret data with honesty?

• How an you improve that so that you don't get misinterpreted

• quotes from the interview can make ones analysis more valuable to the stakeholders and can be of easy understanding

• for one to analyse qualitative data, he or she has to follow steps of analysing. This includes reading the data, focus on analysing, categorising data, put in patterns, and interpret

• data analysis should be done in simple, well-detailed writing and not hastily. one should not rely on interview alone to make a conclusion. a good interpretation is necessary for a better communication with the lessor.

• One should be careful when interpreting the data.

• The client said "The sores
    covering my face made people looking at me feel uncomfortable. Therefore, I
    thought this was a chance to change everything."

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.