Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• In my opinion, i think only the M&E personnel's and the CEO should have access to the Data archival, and confidentiality forms should be signed by all personnel's working with the raw data in order not to cause harm.

• You decide the kind of access you give to certain data in databases. Set permissions.
    In data storage and archival, if you have limited room in your database, you might consider moving old or out-of-date data into a long-term database. Many donors, for example, require that data be stored and available for 3-5 years following a project.

• Knowing who have access to project data is a necessary practice to ensure its safety and confidentiality. Data managers and keepers should be vigilant about this.

M
    1 Reply
  • In addition to Ethical Consideration, in some countries , they have regulations that doesn't allow to archive or backup data outside of the country of origin. In such a situation it is very difficult to consider a cloud base storage.

• Archiving data reduces cost because it is typically stored on low performance, high capacity media with lower associated maintenance and operation cost. It also helps in better backing up and restore performance. It removes data from back ups, reducing size and eliminating restoration of unnecessary files. Archiving also helps in security reasons like cyber-attacks and data breaches. It can keep track information and increases protection from unauthorized third party.

• Data management can be very trick if not handled correctly especially when working with paper base data.

• Data is very crucial and it should be kept safe and confidential, and that retrieving should be done by by a mandated personnel

• Storage of data may look simple but it is not. take in an instance that you didn't organize your data well and eventually lost a few data. the implications will be great and the consequences may be lethal to the organization. Therefore, I highly recommend a secured, safe and easy way of organizing data should be introduced

• Correct file naming is key to having a good data storage practice

• One of the most important steps of data management is how the data collected is stored and ways it can be retrieved when needed by relevant people

• it is better to put people in different categories on a system and limit accessibility for someone , either someone van do data entry and view and other especially managers can have access to editing

• yes there are allot of questions

• yes there are allot of questions

• Creating data access permissions is very tricky if you have limited IT skills at the same time its an essential skill to have as a Project manager.

• Data should be stored and be retrieved by selected people

• Data achirving in a great concern in the M&E data management strategy. As a step in the data management process, it's failure could break any other in the chain. So we need to be seriously advised when we need to proceed.

• important discussion

• There is a need to follow due principles and guidelines in accessing, storing and managing data.

• Access and archive stored data are two critical and fondamental actions in data storing and management processus. In fact , there would bé no needs entering in such strategy if data accessibility us guaranted.

• It is very vital to have a secure location to archive confidential data which can lead to an ethical problem.

J
    1 Reply
  • For data access and archiving, is important in such a way that the data that we keep in the database must be consulted either by the M&E people, or by analysts, therefore it is data must be structured so as not to complicate access to this system. So I think that the company must manage or lock its data well so that it is not accessible to everyone. And this data must be structured, protected even with passwords or to avoid modification

• Exactly, without data management protection, the business loses its privacy. Each company is obliged to properly present and manage its database. Accessing everyone's data can lead to business bankruptcy and other lawsuits

• Yes, all companies or projects have an obligation to secure the database, so as not to lose archives and this must be done with enormous confidentiality.

• Ensuring that no harm gets to beneficiaries by any act of data processing which has guarantee to proctect

• Data management is as important as the data because any mismanagement of data can lead to serious ethical dilemma.

• In the case of analog filing, are there any guides that can assist? I also think that a hard copy of the digital storage structure could help a new user of the archive to quickly track specific data. What could be the experience with this?

• With current technologies, data can be archive on virtual media like cloud storage which can be accessible from anywhere. Is this type of data archiving secure?

• Since there is not one way to analyze and present qualitative data, how can someone who is totally new to the system know that your analysis are correct and foe decision

• Data access and archival. I think the part that stood out for me is the ethical implications. The "Do no Harm" we own our clients some level of professionalism and confidentiality. If due to our own carelessness sensitive information of our client is leaked, it can be detrimental the client and the image of the organization if the sensitive information gets to the wrong hands.

• Data should be stored in a clearly labelled folder in an agreed format. The security credentials for confidential files must be continuously changed or have an automatic password generator to avoid any breach by third parties.

• Since there is not one way to analyze and present qualitative data, how can someone who is totally new to the system know that your analysis are correct and foe decision

• the allocation of data access rights must be done properly to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the data

• Data has rules on how to name the files and recording in a table. If these rules are followed, it will be much easier for the organization to retrieve and use the archived data

• Data access and archival is very important as it helps stop unauthorized access to the files the person is not allowed to view and gives great security to the information stored in the database system.

• As an M&E team, it is required from us to make sure the kind of store we use for our data we collect from the beneficiaries to protect the confidentiality.

• Setting up a data management system starts with making choices on what type of technology to be used. There are a number of technological factors one needs to consider like data format, naming and recording, organization and data access and archival. A few rules also need to be considered like how the data is consistent, does it have logic and is it confidential?

• if i may add from what has already been discussed, i would say an inscription code can be added to each data that is collected for a particular purpose in a specified time. This will enhance security and confidentially and authorised for staff concern.

• An data access in programming that provides an abstract interface to some type of persistence mechanism, providing some specific data operations without exposing details of the persistence layer.
    Archival I an accomplishment or successful carrying out a task completely

• Data storage is a key part of a very good business and organisation. It should be dome with carefulness and consistently. It tells the key things on a topic we need to know per time. The PDF, XML, PNG, HTML are few examples of how we store our documents.

It is important to note that files and documents should be stored based on date, name of content and time so as to remember whenever it has to be retrieved.

Thank you everyone.

• Data access and archival is very important in ensuring the safety of the subjects as well as the security of databases. Although most organisations endeavor to ensure limited access by external people, some have failed on access internally. Access to databases should be structured in such a way that the people who need to access the access the data have the user rights to do so, and even these user rights should limit on what these people can do with thedata for example editing, viewing or deleting or all.

• Data access and archival has to do with who is allowed to have a passage or path or authority or chance to use or save or access the program or information

• DATA ACCESS AND ARCHIVAL , The specific mechanisms that you might use to access or archive data will depend on the software or system that your team uses . 1 Who should be able to access the data? Just the M&E team? Just the management team? All of the staff? The public?
    2 Should certain people be able to access only some of the data? For example, should staff on one program be able to access data from another program?
    3 Should different types of people have different types of access? For example, you might decide that certain individuals can only view data, while others have permission to edit data.
    How will I ensure that only people with permission can access my data? Data security can be as low-tech as a key and a lock on a filing cabinet or as high-tech as data encryption on a digital database.
    4 How will data be searched? Does my data management software have a search or query function, or do I need to export my data into another format to search it? If my data is stored in a filing cabinet, is there a list of folders that directs the user to the correct data files?
    5 When should data be archived and moved into storage? If you have limited room in your database, you might consider moving old or out-of-date data into a long-term database. Many donors, for example, require that data be stored and available for 3-5 years following a project.
    Finally Ethical Consideration: Not having a secure location to archive confidential data can have ethical implications. In some situations, if confidential information is accessed by or shared with the wrong individuals, it can compromise the safety of the individuals or groups described in the data.

• Data is very sensitive and it requires to be stored in a very secure place. I believe that data is everything that any organisation needs to grow and develop.

• In my Opinion, there should be a specific group of people who has access to some kind of data especially ones that is confidential.

C
    1 Reply
  • Archiving data is one of the post important parts of the data journey. Most of us make the mistake of thinking once data is used for the intended project purpose, it is useless. We have more than often found ourselves in situations where our work gets recognised five years later but we have nothing to show for it or we have been given a chance to have a next phase from our previous successful project but we have to start from scratch because data is just not there. It is important to archive our data in a way our great grand children will come to use it.

• I agree with you. and data should very much be specific to the role each accessor plays. I have seen instances where someone was given writes to enter data when they work on analysis, they made a mistake and entered figures in a form as a trial only to distort large amounts of provincial data.

• It very important to make better data management choices as this has an implications on ethical matters. Data should be managed and stored in such a way that it does not cause incoviniences or data loss

• Data Acess and Archival is significant because it helps control who can acess the data.

• It is very critical to keep the data stored safely as it can cause harm to participants. Moreover, deciding on who can access how much of the data should be clearly defined before the data collection process starts and should be shared with everyone who will have access to data.

• It's very important to identify who should have access to data, and also arranging each data according to project is very important.

• Absolutely true

• In summary, when setting up a data management system, our team has to make a number of choices regarding: data format, rules for naming files and recording data, data organisation, data access and archiving.

• consistency is very key. A method/pattern agreed upon should be shared to all members of the team for onward compliance.

• Ethical consideration is paramount in access and archiving data, if anyone access data any how it will be unethical. Categories of how to have access to data is important as every level has their own responsibility on how they will protect the data.

• Proper file naming is important to track data and making data search. Diffrent folders for diffrent type of data is good example of data organization . If we want to know the record of previous 5 years and if record is saved with year wise, we can easly esnure access to data and may be able to see our progress year wise. Data confidentaility and privacy rules are important to avoid misuse of data and security of data may also be ensured.

• Data which has been stored in a database or any data storage must allow users to access the data based on the type of data those users are allowed to access. not everyone must be allowed to access any data as some information is confidential and because of this, there must be a very good data security to allow only who are permited to access the iinformation.

• This course has been an eye opener and i think we need to develop systems that can be available oofshelf to cater for similar projects. In my considered opinion it is important to thoroughly look out for those standard procedures that apply to majority of the projects and ensure we actually find a standard solution.

• Data Authentication is very important for the survival of the organization i.e what kind of the people need to see it

• Data should be organized and sorted and secured according to the need of the organization.

• Data storage is a key process. Without a key guideline on how effectively store data, it is possible to have such data lost after a tedious and log data collection process leading to losses.

• Decision of what kind of the data to accessed by whom and what time is very good

• This section is all important as many other sections of dealing with data, the naming rules are worth to be adopted by any statistician, organization of the database for easy retrieval has a nice procedure to be followed, and finally the persons who are suppose to access the data, it is a nice piece.

• حفظ البيانات وارشفتها موضوع مهم جدا .ادخال البيانات لمشروع وحفظها لانها تحتوي على معلومات مهمه ويجب حفظها في نظام قاعده البيانات مشفره ولايمكن ان يصل اليها احد غير ناس موثوقين تحددهم انت من الفريق الذي هم مشتركين معك

• It is useful for lonterm

• Data access and archival is a very crucial topic, if data is not stored securely or archived properly confidential data might be leaked hence a system should be set to ensure who can access the data and to what extent.

• RESOURCES
    Courses
    Communities
    About Us
    DASHBOARD
    My Courses
    My Communities
    My Certificates
    My Trophy Case
    MANAGE INFORMATION
    My Account
    My Profile
    Help Center
    Sign Out
    All TopicsModule 3: Data Access and Archival
    D
    DENERFRANCOIS
    Jul 27, 2021, 2:34 AM
    Access and archive stored data are two critical and fondamental actions in data storing and management processus. In fact , there would bé no needs entering in such strategy if data

• Data is accessed and achieved in a software device by knowing who is to access that data, how many people are to access and achieve data,use similar or different datas from numerous staffs, what permissions are needed during the data management plans to be accessed, which kind of hired accessors needed to achieve existing data, what strategies needed for a successful data access, etc.

• Data is an information that anyone who is not obliged to have access can use it against an organization or an individual. Archiving data is very important it helps to perform data trends.

• Data retrieval goes in hand with system access right.

• If system access rights have not been properly managed, data could easily be mismanaged.

• Data should be accessed by those that intended to see and observe and it must be protected in a high secured digital or physical site.

• Privacy
    confidentiality and
    Anonymity are some how inter related.

• It is important to know who can access our stored data whether from the software or files.
    The M&E team, management team, allt the staff and the public can access the data.
    Some times there are some certain people can access some data from another program.
    It is important to decide how can edit , enter delete or view data.
    We can protect our data through data security and permissions given to the users.
    It is crucial that our data can searched easily if the software we can run query to search for specific data with specific period.
    And if the filing cabinet we can look through index
    Data stored can be available for 3 to 5 fives.

• Data should be organized and secured, only those who have access to it should in a designed way.

E
    1 Reply
  • Not having a secure location to archive confidential data can have ethical implications. In some situations, if confidential information is accessed by or shared with the wrong individuals, it can compromise the safety of the individuals or groups described in the data.

• Working among organizations requires us to be systematic and organized in storing and retrieving data. Through the use of data management tools, we can easily aggregate and sort data in accordance to their attributes and relevance in a particular concern.

• Data security is really useful since there is always hierachization in the Company so it includes the spirit of confidentiality and filtering of the sharing according to the people who have the right to access.
    It can also preserve the data because sometimes if you give access to all the people then you don't know who is the person who makes the modification or deletion of the data.

• I understood from the current unit that the data should be clearly coded for the work team and protect the identity of the people
    It is highly organized so that it can be easily accessed by the work team and stakeholders according to the importance of each of them and their ability to deal with data

• It was very interesting topic, in this topic have learn the important of data access control, who to access the data, who to read and write, who to read and how to archived the data.

• Mostly , M&E team should have the access

• Data management

I have had an experience where I was instructed to extract data from Google Drive. I'm not sure if my laptop make was not compatible, it took me very long to download a spreadsheet from Google Drive. So I decided to use excel and send via email not Google Drive.

The data storage is usually in the form of tables, columns, rows, and their corresponding relationships. In other words, it is normally a structured system arranged in a way to allocate the required space for the contents and operations of the database. As a team, there should be a working in uniformity with regards to data recording.

We as TBHIVCARE have agreed to record data in this manner:

Folder number Code Surname, Name
    KWA750101SHO TB TX SHOZI, ZAMANI
    KWAND201/21 TB TX MKHIZE, THAMSANQA
    KWAND368/13 TB TX HLOPHE, BHEKUMBUSO

Rules for data are Consistency, Logic and Anonymity for staff members only.
    Data is stored on digital folders and it is easy to work with data.

Data Access and Archival
    Every one accessing data has a unique username to login. Data is archived by the IT people on a despatch.

D
    1 Reply
  • Data access and archive can cost organization so much. Organization have to buy strong security system to safeguard the data against online hackers hence violating some ethics in data M&E .

• Data should be clearly coded for the work team and protect the identity of the people
    It is highly organized so that it can be easily accessed by the work team and stakeholders according to the importance of each of them and their ability to deal with data

• here you consider the previllages of everyone on data.

• When making data choices you must decide who can access data? Who should have access to read only and who should have permission to delete and edit. Different people should have different access to the data for protection of data.
    Ethical consideration Not having a secure location to archive confidential data can have ethical implications. In some situations, if confidential information is accessed by or shared with the wrong individuals, it can compromise the safety of the individuals or groups described in the data.

• Very much informative and to the point

• Data Management System should have all requisite features that allow different individuals to perform various actions, such as
    • Only view mode
    • View and edit
    • View, edit and send

• Maybe why you were having difficulty downloading from Google Drive was because the file was large and also maybe your internet was lagging.

• The specific mechanisms that you might use to access or archive data will depend on the software or system that your team uses

• Some data could be accessible to all parties, even to the public i.e. survey reports can be used by the public for references. Its ok if they are permitted to do so.

• i have also learnt on how important is to label data properly for easy access as well as keeping it confidential

• Very informative

• confidentiality of data is very important so data accessing should be secured properly.

• Data Format is essential for on which way should the data be stored before it gets analyzed and restored into categories with a given system , and surely the naming rules have to be obeyed in order to be well organized and clear in presenting these info .
    Moreover, the access, permissions and the persons who are in charge, all these steps have to be taken into consideration.

• In this section I have learned that data access and storage is very important. There are key factors to consider when deciding to employ the storage and accessibility system. some of the key issues discussed were the consideration of having a specific observable naming of the file, the filing format itself and considering file accessibility. Without proper consideration of permissions to file accessibility may cause danger to the files

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.