Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• This is quite an educative unit and course at large. I have learned a bout Girl centered Design. Kudos to the team that produced this course.

• I have learned a bout "Listen to Her" in this module . Kudos to the team that produced this course.

• Dora's personal experience on mentorship program during her childhood helped her to be what she is today and might play a good role to young women as well today. However, due to passing of time, thing may have changed so much hence it might not have the same impact to on young women today. She therefore needs evidence of data to make a well informed decision on which program to do away with. To achieve this, she might need to send her team to do a survey on the programs that are being offered by her organization.

• The safe environment for girls is that place the know and understand that they are valued and respected. To create an enviroment that is safe for girls, we need to protect their vulnerabilities like thier sexuality. It is critical that all that is fragile about her it protected and she is asured of her safety.

T
    M
    2 Replies
  • To create a safe space for girls it is very important to have methods and tools for listening them. Then find a person they feel safe with and the most safety place for girls to interact with you.

• My organization has put measures in place to protect girls, children and all stakeholders who come in contact wit us both in private and public spaces including the provision of safe physical spaces, guiding protocols, confidentiality, informed consent, child protection policy, whistle blowing policy, prevention from sexual abuse and exploitation policy, prevention from harassment and abuse of authority policy as well as well informed professional staff.

• It as to do ,with the feeling of girls and their motivation, they feeling should have to do with their need,expecially which of course led them to things that they most have it,by all possible means, for that,there we have to seen them become a victim, whether it result to pregnancy,or a serious sickness, such consequences they always suffer for it , but that occurred most home, that when that girl parents are not financially strong, such are those find, in such situations, because they parents do not give her an advice, due they are not in the position to provide her needs.

• It as to do ,with the feeling of girls and their motivation, they feeling should have to do with their need,expecially which of course led them to things that they most have it,by all possible means, for that,there we have to seen them become a victim, whether it result to pregnancy,or a serious sickness, such consequences they always suffer for it , but that occurred most home, that when that girl parents are not financially strong, such are those find, in such situations, because they parents do not give her an advice, due they are not in the position to provide her needs.

• I wish i was listened to when i was young
    i wish my voice was heard
    I wish i wouldn't have to sob into my pillow to keep me from shouting
    I wish there was someone to listen so i wouldn't have to think the only way was to be in his arms
    I wish someone listened when i said a prayer every night for the pain to go
    My life would have been so different
    The way i smile could have lightened up more
    My laughter would be radiant
    That is why we should "Listen to Her".

• I have learned a lot as well. Really great course.

• what I got good knowledge from this module is listen for girl is you will get good knowledge and experience and you creat good trust for the community.

• the challenging thing for me was when reading and understanding or comprehending the each and every topics in this module. I felt that as a girl i too have a role to play in this play on going and finding solutions to help girls wherever they are. I felt that ,no matter who we are as girls, we would always be a victim to such problems and the cause to most situations. But what we should remember is that, at the right time, things will turn out as good as it was before.
    I loved the quiz and assignments because it kept me on my toes.
    Awesome. I love it

• The feature i see fit enough to create a safe and healthy environment for girls is by implementing the immersion and group work method amongst others. This is by living a day in the life of this girls and letting them become co-analyst with you to gather information and data to solve their problems.

My organization usual relies on the Group Work method by engaging the girls in fun filled games to ensure them discuss their problems comfortably. It has been a successful run.

• It's been a great journey so far. I enjoyed this particular module.

• Nice piece. keep it up

• The use of one on one mentorship; where the girl sits alone with a mentor/counsellor is away of creating a safe space. My organization has used this overtime and it has worked. A mentor (usually a staff) tries to develop a good relationship with the girl and later on, after several contacts dive into deeper questions. The girl opens up on the basis of trust and feeling of freedom to speak to mentor. Female mentors are used in this regard to help the girls feel safer.

• We decided to set aside Friday afternoons to engage with girls, this is because this is a school time during the day and most girls can be found during this time at this place. So we talked to the school heads to allow us talk to the girls and allow even non going school teenagers to join us. We always discuss with the girls about their reproductive system, and other topics related to early teenage pregnancies and preventive measures

• The best place to listen to the girls we chose a school because of privacy where there arena boys and where we can engage freely because its a safe place

• A consultative meeting with a representative group of 16-24 HIV+ girls. To understand how they feel and what they would like to see improved to increase their level of adherence to HIV treatment

• Make a feasibility studies about the girls in some target location. Try to address their problems

• A safe place should be a place that provides privacy and makes the girls feel safe. Where safety bubbles can be formed. A safe enviroment should also be one free from interruptions and distractions by those who aren't participating. Where girls can be around other girls who face the same vulnerabilities as them inorder to avoid stigma and seclusion.

As my organisation is in the set up phases, we are still to find a safe environment that we can get girls together.

• This method of interview the best one

• This method of interview leads to a understanding of the problem

• Yes Its important to hear girl

• We as peer Councillors, we attract girls attention through holding talent shows.

• When a woman shares her story of violence, she takes the first step to breaking the cycle of abuse.

It’s on all of us to give her the safe space she needs to speak up and be heard.

It’s important to remember that when discussing cases of sexual violence, a victim’s sobriety, clothes, and sexuality are irrelevant.

The perpetrator is the sole reason for assault and must bear the responsibility alone. Call out victim-blaming and counter the idea that it’s on women to avoid situations that might be seen as “dangerous” by traditional standards.

Survivors of violence are speaking out more than ever before, and everyone has a role to play to ensure they can have justice.

Don’t say, “Why didn’t she leave?”

Do say: “We hear you. We believe you. We stand with you.”

• In creating a safe environment for girls, one of the approach is to provide refreshment for the girls' especially something that will bewilder their imagination, this will make them feel honored and open up to you.

• Our organization helps young women to become self sufficient for their daily needs; the money they earn helps provide food, better security and better housing, access to healthcare and an education for their children.

• The features necessary to create a safe environment for girls to share and participate are:

1. The environment must be welcoming.
    2. The distance the girls will need to travel down to the place must be considered, it shouldn't be too far from where they live so it can be accessible.
      My organization has done this in the past we engaged them and provided them with transport fare.
  • A safe space should be a place she feels comfortable enough to speak about anything bothering her,a place she can be herself and let her true self show. A place where she is expressive,happy,free.

• Safe spcaes are essnetial

• features for a safe environment we have done is ensuring that girls come to the center during the mid day. the center is also not in a remote place. we have educated the community to be respectful to women and treat them as their mothers, sister, aunts and daughters. we have assured girls that their information is safe with us.

• My organization has put measures in place to protect girls, children and all stakeholders who come in contact wit us both in private and public spaces including the provision of safe physical spaces, guiding protocols, confidentiality, informed consent, child protection policy, whistle blowing policy, prevention from sexual abuse and exploitation policy, prevention from harassment and abuse of authority policy as well as well informed professional

• Finding a safe is never a problem to our organization, because we have safe space that has been in place for other organizations especially save the children international, but the challenges we encountered was some distance barrier because we have some girls coming from afar due to this challenges we open a meeting house in a near by that's the community head leader. The girls were fully engaged during the creation of the intervention and supported by the guardian so we only use motivational methods and discussion meeting to keep them in touch in various activities we offer to the.

• This part of the design process gets me emotional. If you don't listen to the girls before you plan for them, you won't know how much impact it will make on them.

• This part of the design process gets me emotional. If you don't listen to the girls before you plan for them, you won't know how much impact it will make on them.

• J'ai apprecié le cours

• cette formation ma permis d'apprendre beaucoup

• we need asafe space where the girls will not feel ashamed or threatened by presence of other people like their parents or teachers. consider checking their cultural backgrounds and beliefs because it may also be ahinderence for them to speak out their problems.

• What is the best number of days to use IMMERSION methodolgy?

• My organization uses the listening method by going to schools and organising seminars for girls

• Introduce ourselves and the reason for our presence. Tell humour and jokes and ensuring them that it is a safe space. And if they feel they can't share what they're thinking it still okay but to create confidence it starts here.

• Safe environment for girls is where they can communicate freely among peers with no fear of stigmatization or ridicule.

• Creating a safe space for girls ensures that they share their experiences with fear of being ridiculed or judged by anyone. Hence, all organizations must strive to create a safe space for the girls.

• This was a very interesting topic as it taught me how important it is to listen to the person being interviewed.

• Happy so much

• Happy so much

• Find your favourite

A
    1 Reply
  • this helps some how validate/ justify the project

• A place free from interruption

• Identifying her is one of the biggest challenge

• I think that creating a safe space for girls to share and participate requires several features. Firstly, it's important to create an environment where girls feel comfortable and welcomed. This can be done by having a diverse and inclusive group of facilitators who are trained in creating safe spaces and who make a conscious effort to ensure that every girl's voice is heard and respected. Additionally, having clear rules and guidelines that everyone in the group agrees to can help to create a sense of safety and predictability.

Another important feature is confidentiality. Girls need to know that what they share in the safe space will be kept confidential and that they can speak freely without fear of judgment or repercussions. This can help to build trust and create a supportive community.

• A safe environment is very important for girls to share what the have with you,,so girls need feel safe and protected, so it's important to get a place that is in a safe place, conducive and relaxed and ground your girls according to age, experience and standard of living.
    So this course is going to help me to engage more girls in my school who face numerous challenges and work out the solutions together

• A safe environment is very important for girls to share what the have with you,,so girls need feel safe and protected, so it's important to get a place that is in a safe place, conducive and relaxed and ground your girls according to age, experience and standard of living.
    So this course is going to help me to engage more girls in my school who face numerous challenges and work out the solutions together

• We at Confident Teen Girl Initiative has been able to create safe space to learn about girls that we identified.

• The following are the features I think are necessary to create a safe environment for girls to share and participate:

1. Identify yourselves and why you are there. Explain what you want to learn but you hope to also have fun,
    2. Start with an energizer, a fun activity to get participants open and excited to participate,
    3. Explain the activities you will do together and the kind of information you are looking for,
    4. Describe how you will use the information given to inform the question you want to answer, also known as
      your design challenge. Tell the girls that they are helping to inform a solution,
    5. Obtain permission to record and use information and imagery,
    6. Tell them they can decide at any time to decline from an activity or from answering any questions,
    7. Explain that girls can speak openly and safely about sensitive issues and that what is discussed needs to stay
      within the group.
  • From the organization the way that we use to create safe environment for girls to participate firstly we make sure all ways that we use to invite them are formal example through their teachers, parents and local leaders( ten houses ambassadors) through this girl feel safe and a comfortable to answer questions, ask questions and give their opinions.
    For sure this helps a lot the organization to engage with more girls that we serve.

• the topic is most relevant, and i relate it to my country.

• ensuring that they are grouped based on specific characteristics and not just age for example mothers, wives, unwed and so on because their situations determine their challenges

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.