Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• I learned a lot from this module, I wasn't aware that girl's lack of education contributed so greatly to a country's economic growth and stability. I wrote down the blog post questions and intend to use them in future projects and social media posts.

F
    2 Replies
  • Course Facilitator

that is amzing.... now you know be kind to recommend the course to as many people as you can.

T
    1 Reply
  • I have learned a bout Girl centered Design. Kudos to the team that produced this course.

• I have learned a bout Girl centered Design. Kudos to the team that produced this course.

M
    1 Reply
  • girls are often left out from development process , their human rights are often violeted including right to health issues such as sexual reproductive health rights , right to education. out of 3 girls , 1 is married off before the age of 18 , this is the case of zimbabwean society . child marriages are as a result of religious practices for example marange church in zimbabwe,encourages young girls before the age of 18 to be married . girls centerd design is meant to identify the target group , listen to girls from their own perspective ,design program appoaches with them on how to deal with their situation and adapt with them as a sustainable approach

F
    1 Reply
  • I have learned a lot from Module 1. I now have an idea about Girl Centered Design and the steps followed. Thank you for the team that pieced this together.

• I have learned a bout Girl centered Design module 1. This is a course I can recomend to everyone. Kudos to the team that produced this course.

• I have learned a bout Girl centered Design module 1. This is a course I can recommend to everyone. Kudos to the team that produced this course.

• Mostly girls will be ignore when it comes to education. In some parts of the world, girls are taken through Female Genital Mutilation and they end up dropping out of school. Early marriages are very common too.

• Girls are focused upon on because they lag behind in several opportunities, priviledges even rights as compared to their counterparts, the boys. In designing solutions or interventions to problems faced by girls it is critical that they are involved at every stage so that interventions are specific to the problems also girls tend to own the programs eventually by involving them.

• It was a very interesting module stipulating in detail why girls need more time and attention in different works, and how this attention can reach the girls.

The feeling of focusing on a need is a great one because there is a big gap between different girls especially in terms of geographical location as this has a lot to do with reach to various services. The most vulnerable according to our program is School going girl who has to make career choices but are always scared away from STEM careers because of lack of encouragement. I can find her by reaching out to School Administrators while she is at School and Advertisement when she is for holidays.

Yes creating a safe space for girls is very essential, i think the following feature are necessary;-

• Grouping them according to their ages like 6-9 years, 10-13 years, 14-17 and 18-20 years, geographical location and exposure.
    • Recruiting friendly teachers
    • Open environment for participating

The prototyping assignment was very challenging as i didn't understand the Liberia design challenge

Yes, my organization has taken a reasonable step to do so by doing the following;-

• Grouping the girls according to age during outreaches

• Giving open environment for participation during trainings

@MuiaWilfred said in Module 4: Design with Her:

This course was so educative to me. The Girl Centered Design is pretty a useful tool in my work. Thank you do much to the team that has pieced this content together.

• It was a very interesting module stipulating in detail why girls need more time and attention in different works, and how this attention can reach the girls.

The feeling of focusing on a need is a great one because there is a big gap between different girls especially in terms of geographical location as this has a lot to do with reach to various services. The most vulnerable according to our program is School going girl who has to make career choices but are always scared away from STEM careers because of lack of encouragement. I can find her by reaching out to School Administrators while she is at School and Advertisement when she is for holidays.

Yes creating a safe space for girls is very essential, i think the following feature are necessary;-

• Grouping them according to their ages like 6-9 years, 10-13 years, 14-17 and 18-20 years, geographical location and exposure.

The prototyping assignment was very challenging as i didn't understand the Liberia design challenge

Yes, my organization has taken a reasonable step to do so by doing the following;-

• Hello guys, am Sharon Judith from Uganda

It was a very interesting module stipulating in detail why girls need more time and attention in different works, and how this attention can reach the girls.

• One thing I discovered from the reading in Module 1, is the economic growth that could arise as a result of girls being educated. It is definitely enough reason from countries to focus on the Girl child, and have a centered approach but of course not leaving out the boy child.
    I look forward to more discoveries as I proceed with the course.

• Exactly my shock. The contribution to the economy just by educating a girl. Its interesting.

• I agree with you @mashonga98. I am sure it makes "being a girl" difficult for some.

• Girl centred design must be introduced in most of our projects, then girls are vunerable and suffered from discrinination compare to boys. we have to give them chance to participate to the development of their communities

• Because girls most of all need care, parents in other countries protect their daughter than their son. Spend more money on them than on your son. Because a son is a future father, he must learn to stand up for himself from
    an early age.

• This is system really interesting for learn girl designer science

• The challenges that girls face are unique and different from their male counterparts. Some of these challenges include poorer health outcomes, higher risks of sexually transmitted infections, unwanted pregnancies, social isolation and stigmatization, higher probability of dropping out of school, fewer income-generating opportunities and higher chances of poverty.

Girl Centered Design is a process of designing programs that are informed by and responsive the to the needs of girls. This approach involves finding the girls, listen to their lived experiences, plan with them and involve them in designing a solution that will best solve their problems, adapt and learn from their experiences with the solution to inform improvements and update

• Girl Centered Design is a process used to solve a problem that impacts girls

Why Girls?
    Building assets for girls has proved to be one of the sure ways of taking girls out of poverty once and for all.

• a girl centered design approach is important in developing impactful services and programs

• I believe taking an approach solely on the girl child is very important, from experience I have seen they are more neglected than their male counterparts particularly when it comes to accessing needed resources for their development. Such an approach will definitely help bridge the gap.

• When girls are place in the centre of a program, it's impacts will last for decades

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.