Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Culture and values are very fundamental to propelling the organization forward and sticking it together to achieve the organization's mission.

• I was able to realize that human as a resource is paramount in any given company and should be treated with care and respect. Every organization is identified and defined by its own culture.

• That not only funds are important when establishing an enterprise but human capital is as crucial. for non-profits or social enterprises, the founder or top managers find a way to reinforce the values that they come up with because the individual members of their enterprise make up the culture of the enterprise since culture and brand are different side of the same coin. #culture=brand

• i get to learn how mission statement and company values correspond to each other.

• It is very interesting the role that a company's culture and values play when formulating Human Capital Strategies to be implemented in that organization. It takes like 50% of the HCS overall.

• Culture and values are ideally like the drives for an organization to stay true to its purpose mission and vision. IT DEFINES THE COMPANY

• he most amazing thing i learned in module 1 is the table of values

• The interconnection between organisation mission,core values and behaviours

• I really enjoyed the time my team and I worked together to build the core values chart, we didn't have core values before, and it was quite confusing to choose which words best represent us. After all, we learned a lot about ourselves, which I consider my biggest lesson so far.

• In Module 1, I learned that :

• Culture and values are the foundation of an organisation's human capital strategy
    • Human capital is just as important as financial capital in achieving the organisation's goals
    • In our hiring process we need to recruit people who can carry or embody our organisational values
  • I learned a lot of this module because knowing how to improve my organization through the organizational chain , employees , customers and management relation for the success of the organization. Also knowing that being a rich person we have to help the needy ones in our community through creating wealth in the society .

• Employees need motivation to give them morale to keep on working well

P
    1 Reply
  • I can't agree less. I am currently face with such situation at my workplace.

• What struck me in this module was how important culture and values are to an organization.

• I enjoyed all the videos, especially the NGO to help the homeless, thinking of starting something similar in future. I enjoyed learning about organizational values and it's importance. I learnt the importance of connecting values with organizational mission. The need to improve your strategy as the organization grows.

• I think this is key to set the stage for the company. Establishing cultural ideas and values allows you to establish future goals and hire employees who share similar values.

• At least i learnt to plan and have a vision for my organization

• At least i learnt to plan and have a vision for my organization

• I learnt that its very important for the values of your organization to connect with your mission statement.

• I learnt that its very important for the values of your organization to connect with your mission statement.

• In the start up of an organization, the initial team may all have the same values and similar beliefs. However, as it grows the scope of values can become diluted change with on coming colleagues. When the shift happens, it requires the attention of the owners to steer things back on the right course.

• My name is Sifon Godwin Ekeruke, I have learnt in module one the synergy between Organizational Mission and Organizational Values and how they help the organization stay in tune to their duties and responsibilities.

• In the start up of an organization, the initial team may all have the same values and similar beliefs. However, as it grows the scope of values can become diluted change with on coming colleagues. When the shift happens, it requires the attention of the owners to steer things back on the right course.

• Strategic HR services

Strategic human resource management is important for every company. Your company doesn’t need to employ a specific number of employees before you start to consider implementing strategic human resource management principles. In fact, if you have a plan to grow your business, you should be thinking about linking this growth to strategic human resource management.

Some companies outsource this part of their business because they don’t have an in-house HR function. Strategic human resource services provide full-service HR functions including developing a human resource management strategy. Strategic HR services help to take away the burden of both operational and strategic management to facilitate the growth of your business.

To facilitate your company’s future growth, you should use tools and software that free up your time. Sign up for a free trial of Deputy below to see how we can help you with the time-consuming aspect of employee scheduling, so you have more time to work on the strategic aspect of your business.

• Strategic HR services

Strategic human resource management is important for every company. Your company doesn’t need to employ a specific number of employees before you start to consider implementing strategic human resource management principles. In fact, if you have a plan to grow your business, you should be thinking about linking this growth to strategic human resource management.

Some companies outsource this part of their business because they don’t have an in-house HR function. Strategic human resource services provide full-service HR functions including developing a human resource management strategy. Strategic HR services help to take away the burden of both operational and strategic management to facilitate the growth of your business.

To facilitate your company’s future growth, you should use tools and software that free up your time. Sign up for a free trial of Deputy below to see how we can help you with the time-consuming aspect of employee scheduling, so you have more time to work on the strategic aspect of your business.

• How to come up with core values and linking then to organization mission

• My name is Sifon Godwin Ekeruke, I have learnt in module one the synergy between Organizational Mission and Organizational Values and how they help the organization stay in tune to their duties and responsibilities.

• The most surprising thing i learnt in module 1 was how to align my organizations values and cultures to my organizations mission statements in order to achieve positive outcomes in results

• The main lesson in this section is the necessaity of the culture and values of an organisation to the day-to-day workings of the company. Culture is companies values that translates into day-to-day behaviour of works. This means we should first sit down and decide on what values we need to have as a company, by relating it with our mission, and basing our day-to-day culture through them. Values are standards that guide our everyday decisions.
  • This is a great module for start as we learn basic lesson and foundation.

• This module is great !!!

• I think the topic is more educative especially to us who are in business .
    Personally it has encouraged me to value my employees.

• Found out from this course that there's this thing called values system model. All along I've only seen companies listing out their values just as it is--or is it their model?

• Fun course and assignment involving creativity!

• I have learned that the growth of a company or any economy depends on culture and values.

• Learnt more regarding values of an organization

• Self pace learning was a new area for but, but i availed this opportunity and taken the maximum learning to maximise my out put toward a batter and impact administrative

• The most surprising thing I learnt in Module 1 is articulating the mission to values chart of an organisation.

• We are living in a global village with harmony of diversified of different culture and values at present.

• We are living in a global village with harmony of diversified of different culture and values at present.

• Culture and value need to be developed and pursued .

• Others fail to consider the
    culture, but it nevertheless develops and is
    accordingly largely based on the founders’
    personalities.

• Having clear company values helps you ensure that all your employees are working towards the same goals.

• Mindsetsfor an effective human capital strategy.

• By coming up with visualization of organisational goal since I have seen that employees can understand mission and organisational values easily hence

• The Mission of an organisation must be communicated to every individual in the organisation and it have to pronounce and express in the culture and value of the organisation.

The Culture is what is daily practicable by individual in the organisation and which can aid the achievement of the the organisation mission which is valuable in the sight of the customer/clients.

• all is perfect with PHILANTHROPY UNIVERSITY

• Developing Organizational Culture

• I am very happy to know about the recruitment flow

• our next assignment will ask you to review your peers’ submissions. After you submit your own assignment you will be prompted to review and provide feedback on your peers’ work. Following the submission deadline for your own assignment, you will have one week to submit reviews of three peers’ work.

For each assignment that requires peer feedback, you will be given a rubric specific to the content to help guide your review of your peer’s work. However, for any peer review, there are some general guidelines to follow:

Read First: Read through your peer’s entire submission before you start scoring them or offering feedback.

Be Specific: Include comments that are specific. Comments like “that was great!” or “I didn’t like it” won’t be very helpful to your peer. You need to tell them specifically why it was great or what you didn’t like. Comments should be specific enough that they make sense and are easy to follow.

Be Balanced: Include comments that highlight the strengths as well as the weaknesses of the submission. Constructive feedback should focus on what your peer can improve as well as what was successful.

Ask Questions: Raise questions that come to your mind as you are reviewing their assignment. If something is unclear to you, ask about it in a respectful and kind way.

Be on Time: Your peers rely on your thoughtful feedback to improve their work. Make sure that you submit your feedback to them within one week of submitting your own assignment.

Remember that peer reviews are an opportunity to offer thoughtful, constructive feedback to your peers, but they are also a chance for you to learn from the way others approach the assignment!

• The most surprising things is I got to understand more clearly on how to define culture and values more properly than before, especially know how to connect and align with current mission.

• Having a mission statement is very important. We should put in place values that align with our mission so that employees can adopt a culture that promotes success of the organisation.

• I had close to no idea that values were directly connected to missions, and now that i see it, values make sense. That they're not some nice words management decides to promote once in a while but that they directly contribute to organization's mission. I still find the connection quite intriguing
    It's surprising that organizations choose to work on survival mode, with no clear values in place.
    I'm greatly challenged to think more of culture and values now.

• The fact that our values and ethics continues to evolve and i also learnt about staff culture

• The fact that our values and ethics continues to evlolve and i also learnt about staff culture

• i learnt about developing the organizations values and the mindset that is needed for developing an effective human capital strategy which is very helpful in my day to day operations.

• I discovered there's so much to just human management. Human behavior towards an organization depends solely on the stated values controlled by the organization's culture

• This module give me amazing knowledge.In this lesson I knew about but also culture and vale not only how we think mission.

• This module give me amazing knowledge.In this lesson I knew about but also culture and vale not only how we think mission.

• I enjoyed learning about other organizations, their values and how they got to decide those values. Doing the assignment I better understand how to articulate values and their importance to an organization

• I enjoyed learning about other organizations, their values and how they got to decide those values. Doing the assignment I better understand how to articulate values and their importance to an organization

• There seems to be a tendency for businesses to align values with their overall structure, but I think it would be better to create a set of values for each aspect of the business and then put them together in a business value statement.

• There seems to be a tendency for businesses to align values with their overall structure, but I think it would be better to create a set of values for each aspect of the business and then put them together in a business value statement.

• Culture and brand are two sides of the same coin. Culture is the principles and beliefs that you have inside a company that you want people to be aligned with. Whatever you have inside a company eventually comes out. You can’t hold it in. And brand is really the promise outside the company that everyone identifies with. Having a clear mission and making sure you know what that mission is becomes critical to establishing a strong culture and a strong brand. Your brand evangelists are the employees. So if you have a weak culture, you often have a weak brand.
    An Organizations culture will affect how your employees interact with customers, donors, supporters and partners. It will also influence how the company attracts new staff members to join the team.

• Identifying with importance of culture and values opon setting up and organization

• Identify with importance of culture and value coreation

• Organizational Culture is important for the success of any organization. A company’s culture outlines it’s core values and impacts the overall performance of the team members.

• The linkage of organizational aim and identification of values needed. Further it was the scientific linkage of values that could enable the people to achieve the bigger aim.

• Culture and Values is the core reflection of the company and the value can make big impact to the organization.

• Organisational Culture offers a shared system of meanings which is the basis for communications and mutal understanding. if these functions are not fulfilled in a satisfactory way, culture may significantly reduce the effectiveness of an organization.
    Culture is the pattern of values, norms, beliefs, attitudes and assuptions that may not have been articulated but shape the ways in which people in organizations behave and things get done. "Values" refer to what is belived to be important about how people and organization behave. "Norms" are the unwrtten rules of behaviours.

• Values are eternal, and which never changes a lot. The values which guides each of business decisions includes the ethical behaviour, integrity and the dignity of other people.

Culture in other hands shows how each business implement the values. This may change as time passes, as change is inevitable. And culture includes in cooperation between teammates, the team work itself etc.

• Culture plays a major role in organizational health and branding. Employees are our brand ambassadors and their happiness index talks everything

• I learnt about visual representation of organization with the aid of chart

• The most surprising things I learnt are how values, cultures and behaviors are aligned with the mission of the organization

• In this module I have appreciated the importance of creating values that directly relate to what an organization does instead of simply coming up with words that sound good to the ears but never relate to the work of the organization.

• The most surprising thing I learned in module 1 was the co-relationship between an organization's mission and values...

• Rather exciting that have learnt is the connection from values, behaviors to culture, from that am challenged to pick some more values and prioritize.

• Cultural and Values bind people together which makes them strong and united. It makes people learn tolerance and understand brotherhood which paves the path of social harmony, economic improvement and physical well being of the community and the others. And i also learnt the roles of culture and value in building an effective human capital strategy

• The most surprising thing I learned in Module 1 are:

1. Mission to value chart.
    2. Different values that are mentioned in this module.
    3. Visualization of organizational values and their relevance in the organization's mission.
    4. Presentation of values for the meeting for further discussion.
  • I have learned key mindsets for developing an effective human capital strategy

• I grew up reading/noticing that a lot of schools and organizations had their values and mission statements posted - but I never realized how impactful this actually is and how integral it can be to the way an organization functions. Very insightful.

• I have developed this unit to build a great strategy and dynamic staff in one place and leave for a year.I have also developed this chapter to build a strategic plan for my business. and a very creative team. Another thing I learned from him is to be a leader who can sense the situation of his team at all times.

• i suprised some value in organisation its good culture and values
    its agood

• In this course I learned the importance of values and that are the foundations to build a solid company, in addition to its direct relationship with the mission and vision of the company that are fundamental to a good organizational culture.

• What surprised me in the module 1 material was that culture and values ​​are one of the most important things for an organization or company environment. And it really had an impact on that

• What surprised me in the module 1 material was that culture and values ​​are one of the most important things for an organization or company environment. And it really had an impact on that.

• The most surprising thing I learned in Module 1 was how important organizational values are to the success of a company. I had always thought of values as being something that was nice to have, but not essential. However, I learned that values can actually have a real impact on the bottom line.

For example, in the case study of Ethiochicken, we saw how the company's commitment to quality, affordability, sustainability, community, and innovation helped it to achieve its mission of providing high-quality, affordable chicken products to the people of Ethiopia. The company's values helped it to attract and retain customers, build relationships with suppliers, and create a positive work environment.

I also learned that organizational values can help to create a strong culture within a company. When employees share a common set of values, they are more likely to be motivated and engaged in their work. They are also more likely to be willing to go the extra mile for the company.

Overall, I was surprised to learn how important organizational values are to the success of a company. I now believe that values are essential for any company that wants to be successful in the long term.

Here are some specific examples of how organizational values can impact a company's success:

Values can help to attract and retain customers. Customers are more likely to do business with companies that share their values. For example, a customer who values sustainability is more likely to buy products from a company that is committed to sustainability.
    Values can help to build relationships with suppliers. Suppliers are more likely to want to work with companies that share their values. For example, a supplier who values community is more likely to want to work with a company that is committed to giving back to the community.
    Values can create a positive work environment. When employees share a common set of values, they are more likely to be motivated and engaged in their work. They are also more likely to be willing to go the extra mile for the company.
    Values can help to create a strong culture within a company. A strong culture can help to attract and retain top talent, improve employee satisfaction, and boost productivity.
    I believe that organizational values are essential for any company that wants to be successful in the long term. By carefully defining and articulating their values, companies can create a strong foundation for success.

• The most surprising thing that I learned in Module 1 was the importance of values in the culture of an organization and how it can shift and evolve over time.

• good thing,and vibration can change all

• The most surprising thing I learned in Module 1, particularly in the context of 'MISSION TO VALUES,' was the depth of the connection between an organization's core values and its overarching mission. I was pleasantly surprised to discover how essential it is for an organization to not only define its values but also to ensure that these values align seamlessly with the mission. This alignment serves as the foundation for the organization's actions, behaviors, and ultimately, its impact on the world. Understanding that values aren't just abstract principles but are intricately linked to the mission was indeed an eye-opening revelation.

• Honestly there is nothing new or surprising that i learned on this module, however i really appreciate to see how are all these processes interlinked and how they are developed

• culture and values

• culture and values

• before & after

• I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to participate and learn in this enriching space.

• In this module I have appreciated the importance of creating values that directly relate to what an organization does instead of simply coming up with words that sound good to the ears but never relate to the work of the organization.bolded text

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.