Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• At first we don't have enough confidence to manage my team on the way mission. But after completing this course module 1, we are so confident to manage my team and understand how to do to reach our mission quickly. Thanks.

• If you are the founder of your company or
    in a management position, you might have
    some blind spots regarding your culture.
    Your position of authority might make
    employees less forthcoming about sharing
    their honest assessments of the company
    culture with you. They also might try to
    hide less healthy elements of the culture,
    including gossip or mistakes. Sometimes this
    “covering up” is not malicious, but instead
    arises when employees are trying to protect
    each other or handle problems themselves.
    So how do you get to the real diagnosis of how healthy and sustainable your culture
    is? What are some indicators to look for and
    instruments to use?

M
    1 Reply
  • Amal Academy is an education venture
    with a mission to empower marginalized
    Pakistani youth to rediscover and realize
    their professional dreams. Founded in
    2014, Amal Academy offers a Career-Prep
    Fellowship which is an intensive three month
    business and leadership program
    that develops the soft business skills, values,
    and confidence of low-income youth. Their
    efforts currently focus on students from
    rural backgrounds who have left their
    families to study in Lahore.
    “Amal is a very values-driven organization,”
    Sarah says, but they are still in the early
    stage of codifying these values. To do so,
    they ran an exercise where everyone came
    together to brainstorm ideas for values that
    team members shared in common. The 3
    values that emerged from the process were:

1 Reply
  • Hello my friend Bello it was great

• We should have a clear mission and value to reach them straightly. If your mission is complicated and difficult to understand, there will be problem to set values.

1 Reply
  • I learned that it's very important to have culture values in an organization, and how it help the overall organization.

• culture and value is very important when setting up an NGO or organization. when you have a vision you'll work night and day tirelessly to make the mission accomplish. for example let's take a look at @new story charity and @amal academy the both NGO have a vision which they are taking every necessary steps to make the mission accomplish and to achieve there goals. be it by culture, be it by civilization be it by new birth, be it by sacrifice both NGO put in there best to make it a reality. according to some of my course mate's @nealpet9000 @M-Ahsan @S-Brown @A-beeEyerin and many more has actually brought more points to these module which i have learnt from their points of view
    yours sincerely
    betsy pius

• @Papet you are absolutely right sometimes a ceo can not see some potential character's in a staff it takes an outsider to point out those area's. and sometimes it might as well be bad character as well just like @newstorycahrity gave a welcoming opinion from every member's of there staff other organization's should learn from this NGO in order to get a sincere feedback from other member's of there organization

• Dear Sir,
    I studied Module 2: Organizational Structure and I knew that Org Charts are so important for each organization. If the organizations have no Org Chart, it is difficult to run these organizations because they have no responsibility and accountability.

With best regards,
    Ko Phyo

• How important human capital is and how it affects organisation and the organization.

• that values could have tension amongst them

• In the module 1. I am surprised with the values and mission like EMPATHY, SHOWING GRATITUDE, Socially

• This module was very interesting by learning about the important of human capital in an organization and how the organization can achieve it success by designing it culture and value.

• This module was very interesting by learning about the important of human capital in an organization and how the organization can achieve it success by designing it culture and value.

• Culture and environment should be very grateful for the organisation to grow in the future.

• Culture and environment should be very grateful for the organisation to grow in the future.

• I WAS QUITE SURPRISED TO LEARN THAT AN EFFECTIVE HUMAN CAPITAL STRATEGY DOES NOT DEPEND ON A LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY BUT DEPENDS ON TIME , CONSISTENCY AND INTENTION.

E
    1 Reply
  • I WAS QUITE SURPRISED TO LEARN THAT AN EFFECTIVE HUMAN CAPITAL STRATEGY DOES NOT DEPEND ON A LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY BUT DEPENDS ON TIME , CONSISTENCY AND INTENTION.

U
    1 Reply
  • I learnt that your habits become your values and these values actually become your destiny

• It is really true to say that every organization should have concrete missions to fulfill it's organizational goals. There is set of works which are followed by the management.

Values: To achieve organizational goals, principles or bunch of principal works are called values.

Mission: Mission is targeted work that an organization always tries to achieve for the well-being of the company.

Values List: 01. Environment-friendly environment.
    02. Workers- friendly environment
    03. Legitimate salary structure- oriented environment.
    04. Logical profit based working environment.
    05. Trustful working environment.
    06. Training based skilled working environment.
    07. Motivated working environment.
    08. Target-oriented working environment.
    09. Cooperative relation-based working environment.
    10. Good-will creation- friendly working environment.

Identifying Behavior: To fill the mission completed, you need values on which you will act accordingly. In that case, your behavioral pattern should be set up that will be based on your organizational values.

• I faced some problems regarding submitting assignments, specially it is about peer response. Culture and values of any organization should be precise and reading topics are not very clear.

• I've checked my progress but couldn't observe any points achieved. Can you please tell me how to achieve right points regarding assignments-01?

• I have joined a team, consisting of two members. How to fill out whole team completed?

• Need to discuss about the course.

• linking your values to the organizational goal

• Hello everyone, if you are reading this, I am new to the course and I need peer buddy to work along with specifically with regards to the workshop for module 1.

Anyone interested should be hit me up.

Thank you in advance.

• building up the values and embodying them

• visualization of Organizational Values, i Really Noted This section Because its Very important when managing Human Being

• It is really true to say that every organization should have concrete missions to fulfill it's organizational goals. There is set of works which are followed by the management.

Values: To achieve organizational goals, principles or bunch of principal works are called values.

Mission: Mission is targeted work that an organization always tries to achieve for the well-being of the company.

Values List: 01. Environment-friendly environment.

1. Workers- friendly environment
    2. Legitimate salary structure- oriented environment.
    3. Logical profit based working environment.
    4. Trustful working environment.
    5. Training based skilled working environment.
    6. Motivated working environment.
    7. Target-oriented working environment.
    8. Cooperative relation-based working environment.
    9. Good-will creation- friendly working environment.

Identifying Behavior: To fill the mission completed, you need values on which you will act accordingly. In that case, your behavioral pattern should be set up that will be based on your organizational values.

• As they say- culture eats strategy for breakfast. Really interesting to explore organisational values. I have enjoyed running workshops on this exploring the behaviours associated with values and how people can “live” these values so they aren’t just aspirational.

• I have learn on what are the core values that an Org can have and how to set values on organization.

• On top of creating our own culture and values in the organisation, the tips given in Human Capital Strategy workshop was useful.

• The most surprising thing I learned in Module 1 is how important values are to a company and that it is a vital part in establishing and growing a business. Also the fact, that core values will for the most part will remain consistent as culture evolves.

• A human capital strategy is a strategy that outlines the human resources and skills needed to allow an organization to achieve its goals. It is based on workforce planning and is supported by talent management systems.

• Learning to link values to behavior and then the mission was new to me.I know of many organizations which try to relate mission to values and behavior is always the missing link. Thank you.

• The importance of values and mission was highlighted immensely and how important it is for any organization to have clear justified values, vision and mission. This not only personifies the company but also, emulates how the company wants to be seen as in the market.

• The importance of values and mission was highlighted immensely and how important it is for any organization to have clear justified values, vision and mission. This not only personifies the company but also, emulates how the company wants to be seen as in the market.

• Organizational values are very important in organizational success

• I learned how powerful the visual presentation is when demonstrating the relationships between value and mission.

• The link between a company's mission and its values

• the link between values and organisation missions

• Implement a clear recruitment process, This is very effective and every organization should use it to improve their employee skills.

• The most surprising thing I learnt in this module was the ways that nonprofit leaders and social entrepreneurs developed their human capital strategies in different ways I never seen, and it gives me inspiration to design my own company vision and how to address to the people who will be part of it. ...

• For a small start, I was able to get a lot deeper into values. I was surprised.

• An explanation of my understanding of the mission to value chain.

Three main aspects need to be considered:

• What does your company do?
    • How does the company do it?
    • Why does the company do it?

Once these three are answered, then you are all good. Establish what the company does, detail the values followed in doing what they do, guided by the competencies at play, and establish the purpose of the company.

For instance, if your company grows vegetables (what it does) using organic, sustainable farming methods (how it does it), to give people safe and healthy food choices (the reason for its operation), then that is as good as its mission statement.

Three things need to be made clear here: mission, vision and core values. A company's mission is the main target or reason for operation of the said company - it is a set of guiding principles, including your values, that describe why and how the company is in operation; its vision describes what the company, and the community in which it exists, will look like in the future; core values are the standards that guide the real decisions made especially by employees and employers on the job daily.

A company's mission describes the overall purpose of the organization. Conversely, the vision statement pertains to where the company or organization hopes they will be going in the future if they can fulfill their mission.

A Mission Statement defines the company's business, its objectives and its approach to reach those objectives. A Vision Statement describes the desired future position of the company. Elements of Mission and Vision Statements are often combined to provide a statement of the company's purposes, goals and values.

And so, the mission to values chart in this case would be:

MISSION:
    To grow vegetables using organic, sustainable farming methods, to give people safe and healthy food choices.

VISION
    Quality vegetables for a healthy community.

CORE VALUES
    - Do the right thing, when in doubt shout it out.
    I will always do the right thing, regardless of individual or company gain at the
    expense of others. If I question what the right thing is, I will seek advice from others. I will always maintain my integrity, honor and fairness.

- Do what you say you are going to do.
    I recognize that my customers and teammates expect me to do what I say I am going to do. Should circumstances prevent me from fulfilling my commitment, I will communicate in advance and make an alternate agreed upon arrangement.

- Respect others and their time.
    I will always treat every teammate and customer with care. I will respect their time by asking permission before interrupting, being on time, concise and prepared. I will build strong relationships and create customers for life. I will treat others how I want to be treated.

- Own it and do it right.
    I will always do things correctly the first time recognizing a second time may not be an option. Whenever I receive a complaint I will own it and resolve it to the customer’s satisfaction recognizing that I am empowered to do what it takes.

- Never assume, verify.
    I will communicate effectively and not make assumptions. I will always deal in fact. When a question arises, I will determine the facts and make the best decisions for our customers and the company.

- Take initiative, keep learning.
    I will continuously seek opportunities to innovate and improve. I recognize that it is my responsibility to better myself and those around me. I will be involved in the planning of the work that affects me. I will know how my work affects others. I recognize my part in bettering myself, our customers, the company and our industry.

- Have a positive and encouraging attitude, keep smiling.
    I will have the right perspective and enjoy my job. I will encourage others, be optimistic and enjoyable to be around. I will make it fun. I will make it better. I will make it happen.

- Be open to new ideas, regardless of their source.
    I will create a heroic environment. I will be receptive to the ideas of others, and raise concerns without fear. I believe in “Together, Everyone Achieves More.” I am confident in our company’s future, my teammates’ insights and believe there is no room for arrogance.

• Hello,
    Anyone here?

• The most surprising thing I learnt in Module 1 was the central place organizational values play in the growth of company culture and brands. I reflected and learnt that it was a key aspect I, like other entrepreneurs, need to take into consideration, if my establishment is to ever have a lasting blueprint.

• It is insightful to note how much values and culture ultimately leads to development of H.C and bring about efficiency in an organisation

• It is insightful to note how much values and culture ultimately leads to development of H.C and bring about efficiency in an organisation

• Reafirmei o aprendizado de que 'o Capital Humano' é a coisa mais importante de qualquer organização. Por isso deve ser tratado e incentivado ao crescimento tanto quanto a própria instituiçã.

• Hi! I am Eventus. I've started the course- Human Capital Strategy.

• Hi! I am Eventus. I've started the course- Human Capital Strategy.

U
    1 Reply
Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.