Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• It is a very important tool for data collection and data management.

• security and confidentiality is an important issue in tech use in data management.

• Data management technology is very important for M&E however, it is adivsable to have a paper back up of important documents.

• Data management technology is very important for M&E however, it is adivsable to have a paper back up of important documents. The type of data determines who has access. For example, financial data should only be available to the finance team.

• Data Management Technology is very important as it make it easy to find your data when ever you need it. The way you arrange and mange data helps to save time as it easy to access data the more time saved and little time taken to complete a task. It is important to have IT that will help in protecting your data. There is a wide range of IT available for storing, organizing and accessing data. U singing a spreadsheet for storage of that is very simple, easy to understand and accessed by everyone and very clear.

After using a spreadsheet to store your data you can save it a online but use maybe a password so that only authorized people can access it. Everyone that has permission can even access it same time.

• J'ai une question concerne utilisation des autres outils telle que SPSS, est ce qu'il y a autre outil plus facile

• Understanding how to manage and store up data is really important. The tools for data storage is equally key, as to who access it and at what time.
    I have learn how to manage and store up quality data.

F
    1 Reply
  • Data management technology is a new component of M&E that is gradually being developed and will eventually take hold, given all the facilities it offers to insiders

• Data management technology is a new component of M&E that is gradually being developed and will eventually take hold, given all the facilities it offers to insiders

• super, good idea

• i agree with this idea

• Data management plays very crucial role in M&E realm. Data which is collecting for monitoring and evaluation purpose should be professionaly stored, organized and accessed; therefore, without applying proper data management method the data can not be used properly. In this time, all for profit and non for profit organizations have created data management systems to help employees in different areas. However, some organization call their data management systems backbones of their organizations.

• Using of IT make much easier and harmonize the collection, storing, organizing and accessing data. For example, the organization that I am working for uses Device Magic for data collection which directly send data to centeralized database. The stored data then send to Tableu for visualuzation and analyzing. Some employee have only access to read and see the data while other have full authorization for adding, editing, deleting and sorting.

• electronic data management systems help in proper storage of data and allows manipulation of data for easy analysis.

• it was really good for me and needs more information.Thanks

• it was really interesting but i need more improvement and great job

• Data management plays a key role in providing inputs to decision and policy makers. The data and M&E tream should design a management system which pave ground to authorized access to data verification, storing, analysing and retrival. Digital data management is have more adventages than manual. In this modren time of IT there are some softwares and platforms that have ability to perform jobs of storing, organizing and analysing in same time.

• This topic raise the need for competence ethical principal, where by digital methods for data collection are useful, but the use of external consultants provides risks to data security where company workers don't understand the technology and external consultants have high authority in data distribution, thereby violating the confidentiality of participants.

• data management system it provide accurate data in order to facilitate monitoring and evaluation team for the process of tracking progress of the project.

A
    1 Reply
  • using technology in the process of collecting data it help monitoring and evaluation team to facilitate data management system.

• Data management refers to the systems and processes for storing, organizing, and accessing data for decision making, the information technology is the system for storing, organizing and accessing data example of these system are Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, Oracle Cloud and MySQL. looking at this system used for storing data and accessing has so many advantages which include: 1.• Data can be uploaded and downloaded from nearly and far 2. Data can be easily accessed, 3.• Data can be reorganized and Data can be prepared for data analysis

• data security and cyber security is the next big thing

• Data management is indeed crucial because if it is not done properly, then the whole process of data collection would be a waste of resources including time and money. I would like to learn about Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, Oracle Cloud and MySQL.

• Data management is indeed crucial because if it is not done properly, then the whole process of data collection would be a waste of resources including time and money. I would like to learn about Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, Oracle Cloud and MySQL.

• Choosing the right Data management choice for the project is indeed crucial but you must carefully consider the ethical implications.

• My name is Cassius N. Suah. I am from Liberia. I love to improve my skill in data management. It's always good to have technical expertise on the digital devices used in the field of data management. When you have limitation in solving some technical problems, there is always a delay in discharge of your functions. With this, I'm impressed about this module.

• Technology is a crucial tool for data management, as it has many advantages over the tradition paper solution. although it is costly to maintain, it overall advantages overshadows its flaws.

• Technology is a crucial tool for data management, as it has many advantages over the tradition paper solution. although it is costly to maintain, it overall advantages overshadows its flaws.

• je pense qu'il faut toujours avoir une personne qui comprends mieux la technologie.

• Data management technology is the best data management way which can make data accessible easily any where and any time you want it. Any team member has to get skilled about technology tools used.

• During my career, I do not think that we need much technical experience in the world of technology. Many programs are relatively easy to use, and provide us with good ways to store and manage data, as well as the process of analyzing it. However, the technical advisor remains important within the functional staff of any organization working in the humanitarian field that deals with sensitive data whose leakage may harm its owners.

• Technologies and platforms for managing ever-growing data sets, such as those produced by programs and participants, are known as data management technologies.

• managing data technologically means that your staff gets to understand basics of IT so as to get through their day to day activities.
    managing data technologically is time saving and convenient as tasks can be completed in due time as compared to physical systems of locating data one file after another which is time consuming

1. Storing, organizing, and accessing data.
    2. Can be retrieved anywhere, anytime
    3. Easily uploaded
  • Data management technology is important for storing, organizing and accessing data for ease of analysis and data usage.

• it is important that the data collected is cleaned, entered and stored properly before it can be analyzed to generate results

• it is important that the data collected is cleaned, entered and stored properly before it can be analyzed to generate results

• Nowadays the information is acessible and it is easy to have some technological inputs from various sources. I think programing and data analyzes should be known by every staff. The world is becoming more and more technological.

• -Database it's a system for storing, organizing and accessing data
    -Data security; process and systems for ensuring that data can only be added,accessed,changed / deleted by those with permission
    -Dataset;a collection of related data

• Data storage and management, perhaps more than any other part of M&E, is associated with information technology (IT).

• Data can be uploaded and downloaded from nearly anywhere. Any person with the right software, hardware and account permissions can add new data or access existing data.
    • Data can be easily accessed. Unlike data on a sheet of paper, the same data can be accessed by multiple people simultaneously.
    • Data can be reorganized. All database solutions, whether they are simple Excel spreadsheets or more complex software, allow you to sort and organize your data easily.
    • Data can be prepared for data analysis. Some data storage and management systems allow you to do data visualization and analysis directly in the software. Others make it easy to export data to data analysis software.

• The topic IT support talks about one of the key factors, that's there is a need for competence by company stuff when adopting modern data management tools, that at times the company can hire the best IT support technician who is very well conversant with the technology , but lacks knowledge on what the company is trying to get from the survey, there by presenting the collected data wrong.😂

• The topic IT support talks about one of the key factors, that's there is a need for competence by company stuff when adopting modern data management tools, that at times the company can hire the best IT support technician who is very well conversant with the technology , but lacks knowledge on what the company is trying to get from the survey, there by presenting the collected data wrong.

• Data Management technology plays important role because of the migration from paper based to digital. hence why they is need to understand and utilize data into digital compared to paper based.
    IT support is important because the make utilization easier, contribute positively to training and developments.

• Dans ce module où nous parlons du stockage et de la gestion des données, peut-on vraiment penser que le personnel du S&E soit à mesure de bien gérer les données s'il n'a pas des bases solides en informatique surtout avec les bases de données ?

• The phrase “you should train your staff to use, modify and fix your data management tools” is important

• The phrase “ you should train your staff to use, modify and fix your data management tools”
    Is very important

• The sentence you should train your staff to use, modify and fix your data management tools is very important

• Data storage and management is associated with information technology (IT). The simplest tool for storing data is a spreadsheet (a digital table often created with software).

• It’s really important to know what choice of data management is needed as a leader and to have at least 1 staff in the team who has the capacity to troubleshoot issues when they arise

• to manage a huge number of data you required IT professionals/ IT Experts, so if you have those experts you will able to manage and analyze your data easily.

• Data Storage and Management
    Data Management refers to the systems and processes for storing, orgainizing, and accessing data.
    Data Management Technology is associated with Informantion Technology. There is simple tool for storing data and more complex databases.

Disadvantages of digital data managemnt are;
    1.Expensive
    2.Complicated and
    3.Risk the security of your data

• My name is ANDREW BRIMA KAMARA
    Data management technology is very much important in the process of data Collection and data management technology in any organization

Data management technology is very much important in the process of data Collection and data management technology in any organization

• tools for storing data, can be physical or digital tools

• Les outils de stockages les plus utilisés??

• It is important for the internal team to have an understanding of the data management technology, whether there is a consultant or not.
    for the organization i am currently working with, they mainly related on a consultant for their data management, and at some point there was need to revise the theory of change and revision and introduction of new indicators. this meant that their would be need to revise/rework the data management system and the consultant requested a lot of money for this work which the company could not afford.

• Storage and management of data digitally is the way to go. It prevents loss of data and inaccurate data from loss of paperwork. Learning the use of digital data management software is now becoming essential for any company.

• Data management refers to the systems and processes for storing, organizing, and accessing data. A strong data management system is essential. Without one, your data will be neither secure nor useful.

• Data management technology help us to design and implement projects more efficiently and effectively and access them remotely.
    Large storage capacity help to build a more reliable project.

O
    1 Reply
  • Data management technology help us to design and implement projects more efficiently and effectively and access them remotely.
    Large storage capacity help to build a more reliable project.

• Data Management Technology requires skilled IT professional or trained staff to use tools or software and systems for store, organise, management, analyse data to avoid critical risks.

• Data management technology refers to the tools, processes, and methods used to organize, store, secure, and analyze data. It is a crucial aspect of information technology (IT) and helps organizations to effectively handle their growing data needs and derive valuable insights from it. Some of the key components of data management technology are:

1. Database Management Systems (DBMS): These are software systems that allow organizations to store, manage, and retrieve large amounts of structured data. Examples of DBMS include Oracle, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server.

2. Data Backup and Recovery Solutions: These are technologies that help organizations to protect their data by creating backup copies and restoring data in case of data loss.

3. Data Security Technologies: These are technologies that help organizations to protect their data from unauthorized access and ensure the privacy of sensitive information. Examples of data security technologies include encryption, access controls, and firewalls.

Overall, data management technology is essential for organizations to effectively handle their growing data needs and derive value from it.

• I would like to mention that In this digital era, data is one of the most significant assets for any business. The increasing volume of data in the past few years has made it difficult for companies to manage data efficiently. As companies aim to utilize their data optimally, data management technology has become a prime focus and necessity as well.

• I totally agree. Hiring a consultant to manage confidential organizational data is risky . At the end of the day though, what determines having an inhouse IT support is hinged on the availability of funds and cost benefit analysis

• I totally agree

• Data Management technology refers to the systems and processes for storing, organizing and accessing data.
    This is the use of different technological systems such as spread sheets, databases in order to organize, store and access geneatd information.
    Some of the key terms in the data management technology include;
    Data security, which refers to the processes and systems which ensure that data can be only accessed, changed, deleted by those with permission, other terms may include, data management, data base, data set, among others

• Data management refers to the systems and processes for storing, organizing, and assessing data. A strong data management system is essential hence without one, your data will be neither secure or useful. The simplest tool for storing data is spreedsheet created with soft ware like Excel, data bases which include Microsoft SQC sever, Oracle Database, Oracle cloud and My SQL. There are also analog ways to manage data that is to say non-digital ways hence use of paper and physical files.
    Some of the key terms used in data management technology include;
    Data security, which refers to the processes and systems for ensuring that data can only be added, accessed, changed or deleted by those with permission.
    Data base, which refers to the system that stores, organizes and accesses data.
    Table, which refers to a common format for organizing and displaying data. Dra in tables is arranged into rows and columns. Each column represents a type of data while each row represents a record.
    Some of the advantages of digital methods of data management include;
    Data can be uploaded and downloaded from nearly anywhere.
    Data can easily be accessed.
    Data can be recognized.
    Data can be prepared for data analysis.
    Some of the disadvantages include;
    It is expensive
    It is complicated
    Poor implementation
    Risk of security of the data.

• Data management technology simply implies the storing, organizing and accessing data.
    The simplest tool for storing data is a spreadsheet, which is a digital table often created access and manage data online.

• Data management technology simply implies the storing, organizing and accessing data.
    The simplest tool for storing data is a spreadsheet, which is a digital table often created access and manage data online.

• storing data digitally these days is the easiest and safest nontiring way. Most organizations always opt for this method because it allows all the individuals working on the project to access the data simultaneously. it is not cheap but most organization pay their ways through it. sometimes they may need support from outside parties to handle the system but one to two people would be hired to do it.

• Data managements is Way of collecting, storing and Accessing data
    Its good to select correct data storage tool like data Spreadsheet and Web-based system like SQL server,
    MYSQL so on

• Basic knowledge of storing, querying and managing large amounts of data and the associated languages, tools and systems. Practical application and evaluation of tools and techniques in the field of data science. Ability to autonomously select the documentation needed to keep up to date in a given sector.

• Basic knowledge of storing, querying and managing large amounts of data and the associated languages, tools and systems. Practical application and evaluation of tools and techniques in the field of data science. Ability to autonomously select the documentation needed to keep up to date in a given sector.

• Data managements is Way of collecting, storing and Accessing data
    Its good to select correct data storage tool like data Spreadsheet and Web-based system like SQL server,
    MYSQL so on

• A database system is essential for any organization. Excel or a simple database is vital; however, it can be easily damaged or manipulated by the user, and it is not friendly or always accessible when needed. However, databases are costly for those small organizations that have less funding. The project staff or focal point should know how to design and use the system.

• The process of data management entails gathering, arranging, storing, and retrieving data. Any information technology (IT) business must have it. Data management is crucial to the success of any business because it gives access to reliable information and facilitates better decision-making.

• Data management technology refers to the tools and processes used to organize, store, manage, and analyze data. It encompasses a wide range of technologies, including databases, data warehouses, data lakes, data modeling tools, data integration tools, data governance tools, and more. Here's a brief overview of some key topics in data management technology:

Data storage: Data storage technology refers to the various ways in which data can be stored, including on-premises storage (such as hard drives and tape drives), cloud storage (such as Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure), and distributed storage systems (such as Hadoop and Spark).

Database management systems (DBMS): DBMS is a software system that allows users to create, manage, and manipulate databases. It provides a way to organize data, enforce data integrity, and ensure data security. Examples of popular DBMS include Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server.

Data modeling: Data modeling is the process of creating a conceptual representation of data entities and their relationships. It's a critical step in database design and helps ensure that data is organized in a logical and efficient way.

Data integration: Data integration is the process of combining data from multiple sources into a unified view. It's important because organizations often have data stored in various formats and locations, and need a way to bring it together for analysis.

Data governance: Data governance refers to the set of policies, procedures, and standards that govern how an organization manages its data. It includes things like data quality management, data security, and data privacy.

Big data: Big data refers to extremely large datasets that are too complex to be processed using traditional data processing methods. Big data technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark, are used to manage and analyze these large datasets.

Data analytics: Data analytics involves using statistical and machine learning techniques to extract insights from data. It's used to identify patterns, trends, and relationships in data that can help organizations make better decisions.

Business intelligence (BI): BI refers to the technologies and tools used to collect, analyze, and present data in a way that's useful for business decision-making. It includes things like dashboards, reports, and data visualizations.

Overall, data management technology is a critical aspect of modern business operations. By using the right tools and processes, organizations can ensure that their data is organized, secure, and available for analysis and decision-making.

• well, its very important for the teams to have an ideas or know on how to used and manage the data technological systems to be able restore, access and organizing data for the future used. and also it very important to understand on how datas are being manage in technological system.

• well, its very important for the teams to have an ideas or know on how to used and manage the data technological systems to be able restore, access and organizing data for the future used. and also it very important to understand on how datas are being manage in technological system.

• the data should be access and archive based on the specific mechanism in which are data could be stored for a short term or in along term plan, if the rule and regulation are followed than it could be quite easy to access and archive our data.

• DATA MANAGMENT that is work of organization to keep their work

• 5 Ways Technology Can Improve M&E

Cost Reduction Reducing costs in development programs is of utmost importance.
    Increased Accuracy Catching errors in reading or entering data in pen-and-paper survey and data collection systems is incredibly cumbersome.
    Richer Data Advances in technology have fundamentally changed the kind of data collected for M&E, and how we use it.
    Greater Outreach .
    Better Insights . On the other hand technology improve the over all activities of the project sustainability of data.

• Using Technologies for Data Collection and Management

Janet J. Hamilton and Richard S. Hopkins

Introduction
    On this page
    Definitions and Assumptions
    Guiding Principles for Selecting and Using Technologies
    Evolving Approach and Conceptual Shift in Field Deployments
    Packing Equipment and Preparing for Deployment
    Establishing Working Relationships and Initial Arrival
    Using Technologies Across Outbreak Investigation Phases
    Tracking and Managing Other Types of Information
    Evaluating the Role Workforce Plays in Technology Use
    Using Public Health Informatics
    Using Traditional or Widely Used Applications
    Understanding the Future of Technology in Field Investigations
    References
    Technologies and surveillance systems play an integral, increasing, and evolving role in supporting public health responses to outbreaks or other urgent public health events. The functions supported might include event detection, event characterization, enhanced surveillance, situational awareness, formal epidemiologic investigations, identification and management of exposed persons, and monitoring of the response itself and its effectiveness. In any field investigation, decisions need to be made early and strategically regarding methods, data sources, systems, and technologies. Skillful initial selection of optimal tools and approaches improves the investigation.

To the extent possible, anticipate whether an investigation will be a low-profile and localized or might result in a large, possibly multicentric investigation of considerable public health importance and public interest. This early forecast guides system and technology selections. Anticipate that methods or technologies can change or evolve during the investigation as the scope or direction of the investigation changes. Plan regular reviews of the adequacy of the methods in use, and, if needed, make a transition from one data collection platform or process to another.

Previously, all components of a field investigation were likely to be performed actually in the field. Developments in information systems, data integration, and system interoperability have now made possible and sometimes desirable for some components (e.g., data collection, data cleaning, data analysis) of “field” investigations to be performed off-site (e.g., by central office staff). Access by both office and field staff to systematically collected data often simultaneously or in near– real time, improves support of the field investigation. Broader investments in health information technology (IT) and widespread adoption of electronic health records (EHRs), spurred by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act in the United States enacted as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, have expanded the role technology can play in supporting a public health response (1).

• Information technology (IT) data management is important for several reasons:

Efficient data organization: IT data management helps to organize data in a way that makes it easier to access, retrieve, and analyze. This can save time and resources by reducing the need for manual data entry and search.

Data security: IT data management ensures that sensitive information is protected against unauthorized access, theft, or loss. It helps to establish protocols for data access, backup, and recovery, as well as data encryption and user authentication.

Compliance: With increasing regulations around data privacy and protection, IT data management is crucial for ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).

Decision-making: Accurate and up-to-date data is essential for making informed decisions. IT data management provides the tools and processes to collect, store, and analyze data, enabling organizations to make data-driven decisions that can improve performance and efficiency.

Cost savings: Effective IT data management can reduce the costs associated with data storage and management by eliminating redundancies and streamlining processes. It can also help to identify areas where resources can be allocated more efficiently.

Overall, IT data management is important for optimizing data usage, enhancing security, and ensuring compliance, which can ultimately lead to improved decision-making, cost savings, and better business outcomes.

• highly useful and efficient for any organization that work with data science. even though is expensive in handling and management but its advantage out weight the disadvantage. advisable apart from consulting IT firm for management of IT infrastructure, it is also good that organizations built up there own IT team through regular training and IT courses.

• highly useful and efficient for any organization that work with data science. even though is expensive in handling and management but its advantage out weight the disadvantage. advisable apart from consulting IT firm for management of IT infrastructure, it is also good that organizations built up there own IT team through regular training and IT courses.

• It is important for students and employees especially those involved in M&E to improve their skills in Data Management Technology considering the fast technological innovations. There are array of advantages of knowing how to use it.

• Technology is the application of scientific knowledge to the practical aims of human life or, as it is sometimes phrased, to the change and manipulation of the human environment

• my company use outside IT consultant for installation and major maintenance but always their is training for staff on new system update and refresh the old info.

• M&E majorly deals with data all the time. Therefore, putting in place proper data management systems and IT team specialised in managing, updating and fixing the database technology will protect the organisation from cyber security threats.

• M&E majorly deals with data all the time. Therefore, putting in place proper data management systems and IT team specialised in managing, updating and fixing the database technology will protect the organisation from cyber security threats.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.