Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Hello,
    My name is Beth and i am from Kenya.

My passion is people, seeing people get better and thrive in the communities that they exist in. This has also extended to me wanting to see people contributing to their communities by giving back and more so not only financially but also through their skills, voice, time and resources. Promoting the culture of selfless generosity in a world where we have a "Me, me, me" culture. I work for an initiative called Simply Do Good where we seek to promote a generosity culture with what you have available.

My colleague introduced me to this platform and i can't wait to learn and put the skills into practice. Looking forward to being part of this community!

• Hi my name is Doris from Ghana, I have always had a passion for solving societal problems and making an impact, so when I had the option to join an organization that supports SMEs to grow and was focused on making an impact I got on board. I hope to learn how to better tell the story of the impact we are making as an organization and attract more donor agencies to support our work.

• Hello colleagues my name is John Chekwa from Mozambique. I am a journalist, Social Mediator and Human Rights Activist. Promoting and defending human rights and good governance is part of my organization‘s vision and mission and that motivated me to join them. Today I am here for the course of storytelling for impact because I feel this course worth. Thereafter, I wish to inspire my communities and my organization and help them to create and share sound stories of our day to day. I believe stories of impact can change our lives for better and development.

• Hello, My name is Judy Kiarie.I am a community development professional currently working at an organization by the name Empower and Serve Kenya. On thing that motivated me to join Empserve is because the organization is committed to ensuring there is sustainable development by empowering the youth in Kenya. Our social impact mission is youth empowerment through building their knowledge, nurturing innovation, fostering networks and creating opportunities for positive impact within communities. By the end of this course I look forward to being able to write beautiful stories for the organization to help in fundraising to this noble course.

• Once upon a time there was this woman called Natalia that worked all her life in Quality Management in Argentina, although she was originally Colombian. After many years of living with high inflation and in a society on a verge of a crisis (Institutional, Economical) on a constant basis, she decided that it was time to move back home, to Colombia. Boring yet economically stable Colombia started to become more attractive as the years went by than beautiful and exciting yet chaotic Argentina.

So, Natalia returned home only to not find work in Quality Management and then having to quarantine because of a global pandemic reducing the chances of getting a job ever. Optimistic and full of energy (or, perhaps, just simply downright desperate), Natalia started doing translation to English for an ONG that is close to her family. The foundation helps low-income kids in Colombia that have disabilities get the help they need when the State does not provide it completely or in a timely manner. She slowly started doing fundraising for the organization and working the international platforms that channel donations. She slowly but steady, started to fall in love with the work that they do, the beneficiaries, the administrative staff, the Board, and the work of fundraising.

And now she’s here, taking this course, where she hopes to improve her writing skills so as to be a more effective fundraiser and hopefully do fundraising for other ONGs and finally get the much-desired “job” with the accompanying income.

B
    1 Reply
  • Once upon a time there was this woman called Natalia that worked all her life in Quality Management in Argentina, although she was originally Colombian. After many years of living with high inflation and in a society on a verge of a crisis (Institutional, Economical) on a constant basis, she decided that it was time to move back home, to Colombia. Boring yet economically stable Colombia started to become more attractive as the years went by than beautiful and exciting yet chaotic Argentina.

So, Natalia returned home only to not find work in Quality Management and then having to quarantine because of a global pandemic reducing the chances of getting a job ever. Optimistic and full of energy (or, perhaps, just simply downright desperate), Natalia started doing translation to English for an ONG that is close to her family. The foundation helps low-income kids in Colombia that have disabilities get the help they need when the State does not provide it completely or in a timely manner. She slowly started doing fundraising for the organization and working the international platforms that channel donations. She slowly but steady, started to fall in love with the work that they do, the beneficiaries, the administrative staff, the Board, and the work of fundraising.

And now she’s here, taking this course, where she hopes to improve her writing skills so as to be a more effective fundraiser and hopefully do fundraising for other ONGs and finally get the much-desired “job” with the accompanying income.

• Hello, My name is Enriqueta Coria, I'm from Mexico, I have a degree in marketing. I am interested in this course as I am forming an NGO to help the planet by reducing non-biodegradable waste through recycling. I want to learn to tell stories so that I can raise funds for my organization to help the garbage collectors have a better income, also to create a sustainable economy and reduce fires in open-air dumpsters.

• Course Facilitator

Hello everyone, my name is Valentina i am an enterpruner from Nigeria but live i Accra now.

i have been a scholar on philanthropy Uni for over a year and i am also a course facilitator on the platform for over a year plus.

I used to work with an eye clinic in Lagos and it gave me great pleasure to bring smiles on the face of people i had met on a daily basis; over the course of 6yrs i have met those who changed my life and those whos lives i have changed in return.

Right now i am looking forward to working with the girl child and young women in any NGO in Accra, i want to make a positive input in the society and the world as a whole.

this has been a life long desire to make a change i want to see in my world .

• Hi, My Name is Eslam , I'm Egyptian young man who love writing so much , i love readig about the Egyptian history & the abnormal activities.

my dream is writing a novel about Egyptian hero god Horus and it is already in progress and i hope to be published the next year .

• Hello, My name is Judy Kiarie.I am a community development professional currently working at an organization by the name Empower and Serve Kenya. On thing that motivated me to join Empserve is because the organization is committed to ensuring there is sustainable development by empowering the youth in Kenya. Our social impact mission is youth empowerment through building their knowledge, nurturing innovation, fostering networks and creating opportunities for positive impact within communities. By the end of this course I look forward to being able to write beautiful stories for the organization to help in fundraising to this noble course.

• Ziko Mulenga
    A story I found really powerful was of a boy aged 12 who was swept by rain waters when he was coming from school. It made me feel obliged to start a nonprofit organization to help mitigate Climate Change.

• My Name in Opinira Derick And MEAL Professional in Uganda Yumbe

• What is interesting about me when I am telling a story, brings a serious atmosphere to be a bit fluid, the story of my tricks in telling stories and has an impact on others

• HI everyone! My name is Binka and I live in the Brazilian rainforest and work with a non profit called Iracambi Rainforest Research Center. We do ecosystem restoration and environmental education and our tagline is Saving Forests and Changing Lives. Our logo is a a humming bird !!( (https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/11b6h7pT5wB9DswGCYWDHaP-4RBAbelj2image url) and I want to tell you why. It's a story that's known throughout the Americas and it goes like this. Once upon a time the forest was on fire and all the animals were fleeing. All except the humming bird. She was flying towards the fie with a drop of water in her beak. "Silly little bird," shouted the eagle as he soared overhead. "You really think you'll be able to put out the fire all by yourself?" The little humming bird flew on and dropped the water onto the fire. Then she looked up at the eagle. "No," she said, "I can't do it all by myself. But I'm doing my part." And that's what encourages us to get out of bed in the morning. To do our part!

• Muy bien, Natalia! Mucha suerte and love from neighboring Brazil!

• Great idea, Enriqueta! I wish you lots of luck and hope our paths cross during this course. Love from the Brazilian rain forest!

• Hi, This is Bikash Chaudhary from Nepal. I'm a development practitioner working for an international humanitarian development organization. I've been in this field for the last 7 years and continuously working for the most vulnerable communities in hilly areas of Nepal. I want the resources entrusted to us to be used in the most efficient and responsible manner.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.