Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Number 1 point in any project. I would say even more – communication is the driving force in great majority of situations that happen in the world. It is very important to have a constant talk with each member. Thus a manager gets ongoing feedback, updates colleagues and simply shows that he is not a boss with tough management style, but a leader who can discuss even yesterdays’ TV-show.

• Our target population if children and young adults with deafblindness whereas our service population are parents of these children and young adults as well as their teachers. We are not sure about keeping government officials under the service population as they are important stakeholder but not directly involved.

J
    T
    2 Replies
  • My Target population id the health service patients and my service population is the health care providers and stakeholders that manage them.

• My target population are girls who drop out of school due to pregnancy . My service population are the parents of these girls. The people iam not sure about are the teachers

• My Target Population: children from disadvantaged family for basic education
    Service Population: Uneducated children in the community
    Unsure population: Children of secondary school age.

J
    K
    2 Replies
  • Similar to the above figure, our target population is children and our service population is their care givers. The people we are unsure about is that of other dependents to the children's care givers.

• I am using this theory of change process to help us define our culture vision statement as an organization so our target population is all staff of the organization and ideally they should all also be the service population

J
    2 Replies
  • Target population are students, faculty and staff. Service Population are community partners.

• Our Target population are members of staff within our organization. Our service population are their families, our partners, the donors who support our work and our suppliers who enable us achieve our goals. I do not think we are unsure about any population but maybe the youth within the organization.

• Our organization implement projects in different communities that are mostly related with the water provision, education, health, livelihood, resilience. And for this physical infrastructure and non-infrastructure community projects we implement in which target population varies: children, women, men, elders. In water provision schemes the women become direct beneficiaries or target population (as they are supposed to collect and manage domestic water needs), while, the rest of the community members like children, men, elders at home are indirect beneficiaries or fall in service population. Similarly, in education related projects the children are target population, while, teachers, parents are service population. And in case of livelihood the men are our target population as they usually responsible to manage earning needs, while, women, children, elders comes under category of the service population

• My target groups are PWDs, pregnant women, lactating mother, elderly and under five children to receive basic health care. My service population are vulnerable people in conflict affected areas. I am unsure if I should support wealthy merchant that can access healthcare.

D
    1 Reply
  • My target population are my actual population of focus. they are the intended recipients of the process whereas rhe service population refer to other people who are likely to benefit from the intervention being extended to the targeted population. i am not quite sure about how the old people can be incorporated

• MOTHER AND INFANTS, THE COMPANY WILL PROVIDE ALL THE SERVICES, THE UNEDUCATED

• The target population are people practicing law and law makers. The service population are all people seeking justice through all recognized avenues of conflict resolution in Uganda. I am unsure about the people who cannot read and write.

• My target population is farmers. Service population is their spouses. I am not sure about their children.

• My target population is farmers. Service population is their spouses. I am not sure about their children.

• Farmers, policy makers

• The target population for our project are the learners from under-resourced township high schools of Lusaka, Ndola, Chipata, Livingstone and Kabwe. Then our service population is a sum of all the under-resourced township schools which the learners are coming from. The people we are unsure of are include; the learners who fail to complete the year of being part of the project, those who drop out of school but are interested to be part of the project, schools whose learners have graduated from the project, etc.

• they should because they have an influence on the target population

• the unsure population is quiet tricky. but it is very imperative to have well defined means of selecting the target and service population in any project...

• is it possible to have the same population be your target and service population?

• i think the service population should not be the same as the target population

• As a chain of K-12 schools, our target population is the children we educate, specifically from middle-class families. Our service population includes their parents, who shape the children's environments and opportunities. Would we include other siblings, extended family, friends / mentors? Teachers and administrators at other schools with the same goals?

• In an educational context for youths, I'd suggest parents are a critical part of the service population as well.

• Our target population are economically vulnerable population living in the flood prone area of Karnali down stream settlement and our service population are those living in the flood prone areas on Karnali down stream settlement. We are unsure about the population living in the up stream of the Karnali river.

• My target population is children 0-59months. My service population is their care givers

• My target population is infants and young children 0-59 months. My service population is there care givers

• Quite enlightening

• Target population is teenage pregnant mothers.
    Service population is the family where the teenage pregnant mother comes from
    People we are unsure about are the boys

• The target group are the school going children in primary and secondary school, the service population are the school drop outs and those who have completed school

• Training and ongoing consultation with foster and kinship families are associated with reduced rates of problematic behaviors among children in these family arrangements, indicators of attachment between caregivers and children, and greater placement stability.

• Our target population is people that have been unemployed for a longer time but who are motivated to work but for some reason have not been able top work. We now also have people that lost their job due to covid and they do not necessarily fall in our target audience. If they did their best they would be able to find a normal job

• My target population is the one living in poverty, in a small community of 100 inhabitants, of low socioeconomic level, men and women between 65 and 75 years of age, unemployed.

• It seems to me that teachers must be part of your target population, and maybe the classmates.

• Our target population for whom we have committed ourselves to producing positive outcomes are our athletes - People With Intellectual Disabilities (PWIDs)

Service population in our case, are the special schools that our athletes goes to. Primarily, the schools and then, parents or caregivers.

Schools because, majority of them are boarders and those that are days, spend more of their active time in school.

Those ones that we are not sure about would be the caregivers.

• Our target population for whom we have committed ourselves to producing positive outcomes are our athletes - People With Intellectual Disabilities (PWIDs).
    Our service population are the special schools that our athletes goes to.

Those that we are not sure of are the caregivers.

• Our target population is (i) the donors, including USAID, DFAT, GF, EC...; (ii) the projects and programs funded by big donors

• The target Population of my organization is: girls and boys enrolled in school, with ages between 6 and 18 years old, in west African countries. The service population are the school teachers and the school Directors.

• The specifics of the target population changes according to each of the programs (agriculture, health and nutrition, water and sanitation, housing, education and humanitarian aid). But, in general terms, the target population are people under the line of poverty across the country.

• SETTING A TARGET POPULATION

• Local rural community surrounding Mining Operational area
    • Young adults ages 18 - 26
    • Males and Females
    • BEEE Ethnic Groups (previous disadvantage)

What are their risk characteristics? These are temporary characteristics such as

• Unemployment
    • Insufficient job skills
    • Lack tertiary qualification
    • Poverty and poor lifestyle and lack of moral

You may find that the same process you used to define long-term outcomes is useful for defining a target population

5 Year career development plan within surrounding rural communitree

• Learnership programmes in Trades and Engineering
    • Internship programmes
    • Bursaries study opportunities

OUTCOMES

• Employment
    • Skills DEvelopment Plan Legal Compliance as per South Africa SAQA Act
    • Decrease poverty and improve living conditions
    • Increase in moral and lifestyle improvement
    • Study opportunities towards a University Degree or similar Qualification
    • Decrease crime rates and positive upliftment in rural community
  • Students
    Team
    Parents

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.