Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• For our organization, board members, the ED, the financial team and department managers will need to use the organizational budget. They will need to know each departments spending and income generation, overhead, and projections. They will need to be able to determine various departments input and how the organization is doing overall.

• I am Patrick, have studied and finished the course creating the theory of change. But my assignments are taking long to be marked. I assume maybe, there are less active students now. How can course team help? I want to use my certificate somewhere by tomorrow

• I am Patrick, have studied and finished the course creating the theory of change. But my assignments are taking long to be marked. I assume maybe, there are less active students now. How can course team help? I want to use my certificate somewhere by tomorrow

• Hi I am Doris, I live in Ghana and work as a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. I look forward to improving my knowledge in creating Theory of Change to help refine my organizations existing Theory of Change as well as develop my expertise in Monitoring and evaluation.

• Hi I'm Angie and I am very excited to be Learning about the Theory of change

• Rahmat Ullah Ahmad Yar

• Hello everyone! I am Sk Md Faisal Hossain. I am a mid-level development professional based in Bangladesh. I am working for an inclusive society where everyone enjoys equal opportunities, full participation, dignity, and meaningful life.

• Nice to meet you!

• Researcher and Yoga instructor, with a wide range of working experience in the NGO sector on projects related to following topics: reconciliation, dealing with the past, monument culture, culture of memory, post-war society, mediation, multiperspectivity in history, intercultural citizenship, cultural and recreational tourism. A calm, relaxed and enthusiastic person with the same approach in a work atmosphere. Inspired and driven by creative ideas and working with young people. I spend my free time in nature, cycling or hiking and doing Yoga.

• I am a development professional having 22 years of experience in the field of Natural Resource Management, Institution Building and Training and Sustainable Livelihoods & Nutrition.
    I am working In India with a NGO heading the Organisation on the position of Executive Director.

• This is Anthonia Ibeme from Nigeria. I have benefitted from several courses offered by Philanthropy University. I hope this course on creating a theory of change will help me to drive change for impact and achieve greater results in my role as a project manager

• Hi
    My name is Abraham, i am currently designing a program for my organisation and I realised that the work is like onion, layers after layers. Please help me learn this theory of Change. Thank you.

• When students feel more motivated to learn -- in other words, when engagement is at a high level -- they perform better academically , improve classroom behavior, and gain a higher sense of self-esteem. Unfortunately, data -- and the direct experience of many of us teachers -- shows that lack of motivation affects many of our students, and appears to increase each year from middle school through high school. Students can demonstrate this lack of engagement by withholding effort and by “voting with their feet” through rising chronic absenteeism as they get older, and chronic absenteeism is among the highest predictors of dropping-out of school. To use terms first used by Albert O. Hirschman, it appears that the lack of student motivation is a major contributing cause to many choosing this option of “exit” (withdrawal from active engagement) over “voice” ( active participation ) in academic life.

• Greetings I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this course.

• Hello all,
    I am Anetra and am new to the group. I am glad to be apart of a community of like minded change agents.

• Hello everyone,

I am Neela Navya from India. I completed Doctor of Pharmacy (PB) in my academics & I am going to start my career with a new job in few more days.

I work as a volunteer at Blood Warriors.
    It is Non-profitable organization, established to help Thalassemia patients, wherein we support children with eligible donors who can donate blood.

As a long-term goal, we as an organization are planning to develop Thalassemia free India.

But, we don't know how exactly to proceed.

So, here I am to learn about Theory of Change, which can help me and in turn our organization to reach our goals.

Cheers to my beginning,
    Neela Navya.

• Hi, Everyone! My name is Thedz. I am from the Philippines. I am currently working at the Department of Education. I am interested to learned the ToC process because I believe it will help me and my organization to become results-focus.

• Hi, Everyone! My name is Thedz. I am from the Philippines. I am currently working at the Department of Education. I am interested to learned the ToC process because I believe it will help me and my orhaniztion to become results-focus.

• I am Faith Mawia from Kenya, very passionate about development work in Africa particularly in enterprise development. I look forward to understand the Theory of Change concept and apply it in the interventions I am part of. I would like to understand how the small activities that I am part of on a day to days basis lead to the change I hope to see in the world.

• Hello everyone. I'm Lela from Liberia. I work with an NGO that seeks to create impacts in the lives of the vulnerable population. I look forward to learning from like minded peers and making use of this platform.

• Hi everyone,

My name is Lolilola and I'm very interested in this course on Theory of Change since in 2016, I participated in some sessions on Change Oriented Approaches (F3E, Paris). It's the opportunity to compare the 2 approaches. Now, I'm searching for a job in an INGO in Paris as Program Manager (I have a 13 years experience in INGOs and local NGOS as program/ projects coordinator mainly in MENA region) . I'm also very interested in the topic of the nexus Humanitarian/ Development.

• Hi guys,

My name is Dieune St-Fleur abd I am from Haiti. I am here to learn with and from you about how to create a theory of change for my organization.

Let's collaborate and have fun together.

1 Reply
  • Hello, my name is Jaco and I am from South Africa. I am a young professional who graduated from vet school in April 2021. I am passionate about community education in primary animal health care and my goal is to start a nonprofit organization that caters to this need in South Africa. My goal is for this course to provide me with a starting point in planning and launching the nonprofit organization with an impactful strategy in mind. I am excited to join you all on this journey!

• Hello Dieune! I'm Jaco, I am from South Africa. Looking forward to taking this course and learning together! Let's collaborate in this course? What does your organization do?

• Hi, Retha from Indonesia here. Happy to join the course and refresh my knowledge.

• Iam Adamu Mohammed from nigeria, the company iam working with is likari business services. I want to explore my knowledge and applied the skills in my organization. Thanks to philantrophy university.

• Change is bringing positive modification

• I am Abdullah from Bangladesh. I am working Senior Officer, Monitoring at BRAC, the largest NGO of the world. I have almost 4 year experience in the field of M&E in different NGOs of Bangladesh.

• Hello there, my name is johnsonic Logyel from uganda
    Am delighted to join the rest of the world in studying in the university of philanthropy
    Seeing forward to hearing from you all

• Hello Everyone, I am Md. Masum Bellal from Bangladesh, You may call me by my nick name Masum. I have joined the course to learn the new learning thoughts of ToC. I think the learning will be very helpful for me a lot. Hope to talk with you frequently.

• Hello everyone, my name is Mbuve, from Kanairo, Kenya, working with a child protection firm, as a partnerships professional, I believe in Co-creation and co-implementation through collaborative efforts.

• Hi! My name is Cynthia, and I am during a career transition to the social impact side... I am studying hard to accelerate this process and be able to join an organization where I can really make a difference. Hope to share some experiences as well.

• @ Ayiik Changath Chol.
    how can we change our behavior toward (loved and peace)

• Hello,I am Susan Mwangi a Kenyan it is a pleasure to be here

• Hello,I am Susan Mwangi a Kenyan it is a pleasure to be here.

• I am Michael Peculiar, i look forward to learning and networking with social impacts makers on this platform

• I am Kuteesa Andrew Ssenyonga from Uganda, Africa, a prospective Philanthropist, I am eager to learn about The Theory of change and how in contribute to changing the world.

Greetings to all members of this community.

• My name is Margaret Chambeshi from Zambia.

• I am Morie Mustapha a Sierraleonean presently working for Christian Health Association Sierra Leone as Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.

• Thanks a million for granting me the opportunity of becoming a part of this great undertaking.
    I am Amos N. Johnson, I walk as M&E Assistant with RTI's Read Liberia Activity, In Liberia.

• Hello my name is Janine. I'm working in a European project that aims to evaluate policy measures to promote a healthy diet and physical activity of the population in terms of their content, implementation and effectiveness. Using the TOC approach, I would like to find out, together with stakeholders, how and why policy implementation works.

• Hello everyone, I'm Vicente Albornoz. Currently I work at a venezuelan based human rights organization as project manager.

• am happy to be part of this course and hopping to achieve the through your cooperation and teamwork.
    ROLAND is my name

• Hi I am Rev. Willie Chakane. the Pastor at the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Southern Africa. I have been in the ministry for 24 years in Ministry. Currently serving both St. Thomas and Johannesburg Parishes.

• The goal of theory of change is to clearly state path ways in which a project intend to solve a particular problem through an intervention and arrive at its long term outcomes.

• Hi,
    My name is Saif, I'm from Saudi Arabia

• Hi, This is Rajendra Bdr. Sunar from Nepal. I hope this course helpful to enhance my knowledge on Theory of Change (ToC)

• After funders view my Theory of change, they should understand the project path ways. They should get a clear picture of the goal of the project and how it aligns with our vision. From the long term outcomes, to the preconditions, to various indicators and assumptions.

• Am Elvis Jackson from Malawi,a member of Mother Teresa Children Centre team.
    I have finished creating theory of change course and i have received my certificate.thanks to Philanthropy university team.

• I am John and new to the course. I would like to know what 'Creating a Theory of Change' is all about.

• Hello, this is Shuvo, working at CAID Bangladesh as MEAL Support Officer.

• My name is Imadeldin
    I am MEAL Assistant

• Hello All,

This is Nikhil Raj, a development sector professional from India. I have 10+ years of experience in Project Management, M&E, Research, Data Analysis etc.

• I'm glad to here in this course. I hope to learn a lot from the best and to everyone.

I'm Rammell Martinez, presently employed in the government sector. I'm planning to use this during multisectoral planning and conceptualizing leadership strategy for my organization.

• Dear All,
    I'm Myat Zaw Win, can call me Co Myat. I'm living in Myanmar / Burma. Currently crisis country. I'm work to Data Analysis and Research (M&E) focal in Humanitarian Assistance Org. I have good experiences in Data management and Analysis and also Logical frame work, M&E Plan... However I don't know about Theory of Change strategy and System. Therefore I'm very interested to join to this training course.

Thank You

• I am Michael Peculiar, i look forward to learning and networking with social impacts makers on this platform

• Hello Everybody there.
    I am Aung Kyaw Oo from Myanmar.
    On here, the site was found interesting and intended outcomes
    will be reaped throughout the various phases of learning.

Keep in touch.

• Dear fellow learners, I am called Albert Dukuzumuremyi, I am working as MEL manager at Gardens for Health International, the international organization based in Rwanda which strive to eradicate the malnutrition in through the Agriculture and education. I want to learn this course as I want to grow in the field of M&E , but also we are in process of revising our ToC, therefore, to learn this course will allow me to maximise my contribution through the process.

• Hi everyone, my name is Christet Mugerwa and I am from Namibia. I am happy to be here to enhance my understanding of Theory of change.

• My name is Francis Essuman and just enrolled on Creating a Theory of Change

• Hello everyone. This is Bodrul Alam, working as monitoring and evaluation officer in the context of humanitarian services for the Forcibly Displaced Mayanmar Nationals living in Bangladesh. I also feel proud to share that I was a student of Anthropology Discipline which basically triggered my passion to work with human in first place. I am taking this course as i think as a M & E professional I should acquire clear understanding of theory of change to contribute in monitoring and evaluation in a meaningful way. I hope this community will help me to enrich my knowledge through sharing practical work experiences, challenges and way forwards!

• Hi everyone. I'm Kwakhe Maramnco from Grahamstown in the Eastern Province of South Africa. I am currently unemployed. I used to work for an organisation called the East Cape Agricultural Research Project, a NGO in the EasternCape.

I recently registered an NGO and I would like to learn as much as I can in order to broaden my skills, knowledge to make meaningful contributions and change to the world.

Theory of Change is important nowadays. In recent times I have noticed that the concept appears in job adverts both in the NGO, private and public sectors. I would like to learn as much as possible about Theory of Change and apply the theory practically in my organisstion. Thanks Philanthropy University for the opportunity to study this course free of charge. Good luck to everyone taking the course. Thanks.

• My name is Victor, I am joining you all from Tanzanian

• Hytham , from Yemen , MEAL Manager

• Hi TEAM
    My name is Winsome Grant. I am from Montego Bay City, Jamaica. A Public Administrator and an active youth and community volunteer. I have keen interest in understanding the concept "creating a Theory of Change, Thus , I am willing to learn and grow and very exited to joint the course. My pleasure meeting you all.

• My name is Sanatbek. I am from Uzbekistan. I am the founder of the Young Volunteers Academy in Uzbekistan, a non-governmental educational institution, and the Golden Wing volunteer organization. I am a volunteer. I am very happy to have found this course that was most interesting and rewarding for me.

• I am Bea (based in the UK) , heading a new social enterprise in Sri Lanka. I think that a theory of change is a description which shows the pathways - including and linking activities that will reach outcomes designed to reach the organisational mission of change
    Pitfalls for my organization would be:

1. Regulatory approvals
    2. Variability n biological and environmental factors
    3. Theft
    4. Market forces not responding as assumed
  • My Name is Eng. Epaphras ndikumana from Burundi country. I am Agronomist by profession and working in a coffee company and as a social and environmental Impact Manager. I've been taking time learning different courses with Phylanthropy University, things I enjoyed too much. Now when I am greatful to be part of the learners of this course. I do not really know much things about it by I hope to be a master in creationg a theory oc change after I have completed it.
    All the Best.

1 Reply
  • That is where i would like to get me too

• Hi. Am Motorito from Botswana. I am a Monitoring and Evaluation officer with 6 years experience . Looking forward to learn the theory of change concepts .

• change itself tells the complete story and the result based on change

• oh we just help in making fine products used during the most pleasurable time of mankind. and here we're contributing to change by making products as ecofriendly as possible and use of natural facilities rather than modern energy sources

• My name is Abdulateef. I am a Health Program Officer in Nigeria. I'll be very glad to learn a lot about humanitarian interventions. Thanks.

• hello everybody

• My name is Cressida, I live in Salvador, NE Brazil and work to empower at-risk young people to make healthy choices and develop self-esteem and agency over their lives.

• Hello, m'y name's Kouadio Konan Mickaël

• Please, can someone explain to me how this module works? In terms of progress, I realize that my points do not change.

• Hello my name is Jenean Featherson and I am from the Chicago, Illinois area. I am taking this course because I am part of a team that is working on a project which will utilize the Theory of Change method. By taking this course I hope to gain a better understanding of the Theory of Change so I can make meaningful contributions to the project.

• Hello everyone, I am Sangay Dorji from Bhutan and glad to see you all here.

• Hi everyone,

My name is Betshy. I am also doing the advocacy course where I was introduced to theory of change, and now I wish to delve deeper into it. I am here for my own personal development as an individual. I am looking forward to learning more.

• Course Facilitator

Hi everyone, am Carolyne from Kenya, am the president of Icare Sustainably International and learning the theory of change to enable me create one for my organization. looking forward to working with everyone.

C
    1 Reply
  • Hi, My name is Faith from Tanzania, I am working in a project that uses Theory of Change instead of logic frame work approach. I am super excited to learn more about Theory of Change...

• Hi, My name is Faith from Tanzania, I am working in a project that uses Theory of Change instead of logic frame work approach. I am super excited to learn more about Theory of Change...

• Hello, everyone.
    I'm Dr. Samuel Chukwuemeka Obasi, a Public Health Physician. I live in Abuja, Nigeria.
    I'm delighted to be here and I hope to to apply the skill that I expect to acquire here in supporting my organisation to improve the quality of health care delivery in Nigeria.
    Thank you all.

C
    1 Reply
  • I am Clive Malenga. My areas of expertise are:
    -Environmental Health Sciences
    -Development Studies, and
    -Public Administration

• Welcome on board

• Welcome on board Carolyne

• okay thank you

• I am Rogers Kanee, from Nigeria. I work with CHAI Nigeria and out mission is to save lives through public Health interventions.

I see theory of change as a systematic tool and holistic approach to problem solving. Through a clearly defined and articulated pathway, that links interventions, immediate gains, intermediate and long-term gains of the interventions evaluated with defined indicators.

• Very insightful and precise explanation.

• I'm Rogers Kanee.

I worry that my organization might fail to avoid the pitfall of context. Because of it poor spread or coverage across her area of intervention.

To avoid this, I advise we leverage on organizations that has wide coverage to understand the context of the areas of intervention.

• I am Abdirahman Hassan from SOS Children's Village in Somaliland. I am a program manager and want to learn the theory of change development and all the processes.

• MY NAME IS IBRAHIM DANIEL GARBA, I AM A HUMANITARIAN WORKER FROM ADAMAWA STATE. I INTEND TO LEARN MORE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT MY IMMEDIATE COMMUNITY. THANK YOU

• Hello Team, I'm Griffin from Uganda. I'm new to this course
    I ask for your guidance. thanks

• I am Ademola Ogunniran, a statistician as well as a data analyst. I have a passion to implement positive changes in my organization in the overall realization of our goals. And I believe taking this course will help in equipping me with the necessary skills that I need to achieve it.

• Hello, my name is Engineer Santo Wal, am an M&E officer for Hope Restoration South Sudan.

• Hello, my name is Engineer Santo Wal, am an M&E officer for Hope Restoration South Sudan.

• For me, the goal of the Theory of Change is to come up with new and better outcome from the actions initiated to improve and increase the income and performance of the company or organization. This will happen once an organization or company wishes to initiate a new action thru better planning that are different from the previously implemented to acquire change. Such change must results a better outcome.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.