Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Staff

Module 1: Discussion

Who will need to use your organizational budget? What information will they need to know? In the space below, please describe one person who you know will need to user your budget. What do they need to be able to do with the budget?
    Note: To protect the privacy of your stakeholders, please do not use real names.

I
    M
    J
    5 Replies
  • The program or unit managers need to use the budget. They need to know the resources available for the activities they need to implement. They need information from from expenditures, they need information about the reality on ground, this way they will be able to identify the most cost effective ways of implementing the budget.

1 Reply
  • The Financial Team needs to know about the budget, they provide advisory technical support. they advice on procedures and tools and how effective to run the budget with the size of the organization.
    Therefore, they will need enough access to every income and expenditure information they can lay their hands on.

• Grant managers: They need to know how the funds they have given to my organisation will be spent. With the budget, they are able to understand what activity need to be carried out and the amount of funds needed. This goes to show accountability and credibility of my organisation.

N
    1 Reply
  • The Field Officers of my organisation need to know the budget comprehensively so that they what is available and how much to spend for each of the project activities. This will help them plan properly for their activities and deliver on their indicator.

• @Course_Operations said in Module 1: Discussion:

Who will need to use your organizational budget? What information will they need to know? In the space below, please describe one person who you know will need to user your budget. What do they need to be able to do with the budget?
    Note: To protect the privacy of your stakeholders, please do not use real names.

Funders will need to understand what our organisational budget is, e.g. what is spend on staff, which functions do they complete, what are our running costs, including travel and also what are any eligible indirect costs and how they are calculated.

@Muhangyi said in Module 2: Discussion:

I think my organisation should create a cash flow for every three months. This is because for most projects, this is the time project managers are expected to make quarterly reports. It is an appropriate timing for making important decisions and reviews

@Muhangyi said in Module 2: Discussion:

I think my organisation should create a cash flow for every three months. This is because for most projects, this is the time project managers are expected to make quarterly reports. It is an appropriate timing for making important Every

Every three months is sufficient to monitor income and expenditure and ensure cash flow is adequate. Financial reports are mainly quarterly, and only some donors may request monthly. Also, it costs money to report and request payments, quarterly is efficient.

• The President of our Board needs all financial information to be informed and better able to lead decision making. They need current and prior year expenditures (vs. budget) to compare and review profit (or loss).

• @OzohuOtonoku said in Module 1: Discussion:

Grant managers: They need to know how the funds they have given to my organisation will be spent. With the budget, they are able to understand what activity need to be carried out and the amount of funds needed. This goes to show accountability and credibility of my organisation.

I totally concur with you.

• The managing director needs to use the organizational budget. This will help him understand if the teams hired are generating the expected revenue set for them. This will help him make an informed choice whether the team needs to find more ways of contributing to the revenue or will need to restructure the teams.

• In our organisation the Program coordinators & Regional officers need to know our budgets. These staff manage our field officers so they need how much each program office is spending on transport to the schools and this expense should be lined to the budgets at hand.

Who will need to use your organizational budget?
    In my organization, the manager, heads of department, unit heads, donor partners as well as co-workers. All these people need to use the budget at their various levels.
    What information will they need to know? In the space below, please describe one person who you know will need to user your budget. What do they need to be able to do with the budget?
    They need to all the various line items contain in the budget and convinced themselves that the amount allocated
    to each item is exactly what they proposed.
    The organization manager need use the budget to carried out his functions effectively.

• Who will need to use your organizational budget?
    In my organization, the manager, heads of department, unit heads, donor partners as well as co-workers. All these people need to use the budget at their various levels.
    What information will they need to know? In the space below, please describe one person who you know will need to user your budget. What do they need to be able to do with the budget?
    They need to all the various line items contain in the budget and convinced themselves that the amount allocated
    The organization manager need use the budget to carried out his functions effectively.

1 Reply
  • The programs manager will use the budget. He or She out to know the cost for each budget line items for cost effective program implementation.

• Course Facilitator

@Course_Operations said in Module 1: Discussion:

The program or project manager will need to use the organization budget, the information they will like to know is a proper allocation of resources and availability.

The people that will need to use the budget in order of importance will be the Funders , the board , CEO , finance team and the unit managers. Each person need to have sight of the budget to understand and properly implement the tasks at hand to achieve the companies goals while ensuring that it remains sustainable. Each stakeholder assist the other to achieve the organizational goals

1 Reply
  • The President of our Board needs all financial information to be informed and better able to lead decision making. They need current and prior year expenditures (vs. budget) to compare and review profit (or loss).

• -Board of Director: The board should have knowledge about budget and activities of organization.
    -Executive director: The process of Budget,limitation,donor compliance is essential to share with executive director for the project.
    -Project/Program Coordinator: Project coordinator will be useful during budget making process and implementation process of Project.

• Course Facilitator

@Muhangyi said in Module 1: Discussion:

The program or unit managers need to use the budget. They need to know the resources available for the activities they need to implement. They need information from from expenditures, they need information about the reality on ground, this way they will be able to identify the most cost effective ways of implementing the budget.

Yes. The program or unit managers need to use the budget. They need to know the resources available for the activities they need to implement.

• Course Facilitator

@Bonolo said in Module 1: Discussion:

The people that will need to use the budget in order of importance will be the Funders , the board , CEO , finance team and the unit managers. Each person need to have sight of the budget to understand and properly implement the tasks at hand to achieve the companies goals while ensuring that it remains sustainable. Each stakeholder assist the other to achieve the organizational goals

Good, the Board of directors, CEO and other are need to see our budget

• Course Facilitator

@InusahAlhassan said in Module 1: Discussion:

Good,

• The Executive Director of my organization needs all the information on the budget for directions on all income and expenses and for the sustainability of the organization

• It is non profit organization will use my organizational budget.The finance team provides important technical support. They may advise on procedures and tools, run analyse, or bring up relevant data from previous years. The finance team should have comprehensive access to any and all income and expenditure information.

• The Board, the Management and department heads will need to use your organizational budget. The information they need to know are program expenses, capital expenditure and overhead expenses. The one person who will need to use my budget is the program accountant. The project accountant needs the budget to prepare proposal for fundrasing and report writing.

• The project managers need to know about our budgets. They need to know available funds for each project and hence knoiw how to plan their programmes to be in line with the budget

• The people who need to know our organizational budget are our investors and sponsors. How they will be using our budget is to determine how we're going to spending our money and how they can financially contribute towards making sure our goals are achievable.

• The funders / donors need to know the relevance of the funds they provide , how they are allocated and used to achieve the organisation's goals

• The unit managers need to use the budget. They must know the resources available for the activities they implement. They need information from expenditures, they need information about the reality on ground, this way they will be able to identify the most cost effective ways of implementing the budget.

• Mr Ajala and Agueri are the two people who need to have access to our budget because they are the one determining what and what projects should be embark upon. They must know inflow of cash.

• The Executive Director who also doubles as the ICT technical adviser needs the budget of my organisation.

He needs sufficient information to be sure that the budget reflects the organization's mission and strategy for the year.

He also needs to be sure that the projected expenses in the budget does not exceed the projected income, so that the organisation is sustained financially.

Lastly, he needs accurate cost of projects to source for funding by feeding the organisation's website with needed and realized project amounts.

• The project manager comes out with budget for the our organization projects, he or she knows![alt text](![image url](image url)) how much funding is needed for each projects

• Programme Manager who is responsible for leading implementation team and needs to know what resources are available prior so that he can also understand the team that will be involved.

• Ambetter Barnabas by name. For my budget, the funders will really need it. For every organization to grow beyond we need extra source of income and to actualize this, the funders most times play crucial roles. As such, the necessary informations needed even if i were to be a funder my keen interest will be how these funds are chanelled what are the yardsticks and what exactly the funds will be used for. Does it conform with the laws, are the measures intact.

• The board of directors need to know what makes up the budget for the year in compliance to the goal and the mission statement of our organisation. Secondly, the funders/sponsors need information on how the given fund for a program has been spent. A detail and explanatory notes in order to reflect transparency. Also, the program manager, will need the organisational budget so as to run the program the way it has been budgeted.

• My Program Director needs to use the operational budget. They will need to know where money is coming from and how much money they have for to their programs. They need to be able to understand how to delegate program activities and the ordering of supplies as well as keep track of income. This ensures that the estimated budget remains parallel with the actual costs and expenses.

The program manager use organizational budget. they need to what resources available for them through the year to complete the project effectively and the also know previous year expense on the project are occurred to see this it will effectively reach their goal.

• The program facilitators will need to have access to the budget to ensure that the projections match reality of their programs and can determine what resources they can use throughout the year, as well as stay within the limits of the projected expenses.

• A senior manager will normally approve the planned expenditure and thus have the power to decline those request that are not in line with the organisations targets.

• there are many people who need to see the information in a budget. Each of them is likely to require slightly different types of information. As we begin to design processes and tools for budgeting, let’s pause to consider exactly who will be using our budgets.

• Our funders will need to use our organization budget. They will be interested in knowing what activities we are going to spend their funds on and verify if they are in-line with their objectives. For instance, one of our main funders is only interested in funding program expenses but not administrative.
    Our funders also use the budget to prepare on mobilizing the needed resources.

• All stakeholders of the company needs to know the budget and understand the need of various departments to utilizes the resources allocated in the budget to achieve the company's goals.
    They also need to understand how the budget will help sustain the company's objectives with the available resources to match up the activities run by the company.

The organisation budget will be used by the school board . With the budget they can quickly observe if the school is making any profit.

What information will they need to know?
    They would like to know the total income and expenses for the year for planning.

In the space below, please describe one person who you know will need to use your budget.
    The principal would appreciate the budget in planning for the educational resources and staffing. Additionally for her to plan for the capital projects the budget is of importance. Since the school sponsors students from less fortunate families n idea of the budget plays a key role.

What do they need to be able to do with the budget?
    For income - expenditure budget to be prepared a list of all souces of incomes and expenditures should be included.

• The organizational account management of any organization or institute can use organizational budget. The reason is, it is a financial plan for an entire organization. Again it describes how resources are acquired and how it should be spent across the entire organization. Moreover, the organizational budget identify all the expenses and income for the entire organization for the upcoming year with it information found at the department level.

The Board of trustees, the Program manager, Program coordinator, Finance team, Program Officers and 
     the Funders will need to use my organizational budget.

What information will they need to know?
    As it concerns a budget, they will all need to have comprehensive information/details about income and
    how resources are allocated and spent as expenditure, of the organisation ( this includes the trend from
    previous years), as well as the available resources needed to run the organization throughout its fiscal year.

In the space below, please describe one person who you know will need to use your budget.
    Fund raising is a vital part of every organization, especially the nonprofit organizations. Owing to this,
    Funders will need to use my budget, as this will encourage them to fund our activities as well as make
    them committed to my organisations’ financial and economical needs.

What do they need to be able to do with the budget?
    As earlier stated, they will need comprehensive information about how their donations will be efficiently
    utilized in line with the organizational mission and goals.

• Program managers need to know about the budget. They need to know the resources available to them in effecting a positive and uninterruptible running of their organizations as well as participating in budget creation in line with their areas of operations.

• Gift: She will need it because she is a co-founder of the organisation and her experience and expertise over the years gives us good insight into what is likely to happen.

• I think the project leads need to know about the organisation's budget as they will guide on how to keep track of the use and how we are achieving the organisation's goal.

• I have been waiting for my assignments to be assessed for over two weeks up to now no assessment has done particularly in module 2 & 3..passed the complaint some weeks ago but still nothing has been done..my course facilitator chip in this issue!

• I think, the person who need to use budget is the projet manager because he has role centralize all information about resources, means income-budget expenditure expenses, while he has to know the role and responsibilities of personal. The plannifaction and schedule of activities must be controlled by the project manager. Even it exists financial department, they have to collaborate and communicate for all operation required to execute any activities. The project manager must control or sign and set un the budget in his area by collaborating with the staff, why the Executive Director who has to approve that they use the money as they want them to do. The projet 's goals is to expend money depending on the plan activities, so why pater designing and setting up the projet, it comes thinking about budgeting for it and you can know why project should be executed.

• @Nduku said in Module 1: Discussion:

The chief Financial officer requires this organizational Budget to plan for future expenses and also making strategic plans like purchase of capital equipment or acquiring loans short or long term and also to allocate surplus .To plan recruitment and also diversify business and add new products and services , invest on R&D.

• In my organisation, as a Business Development Manager my budget are usually viewed by two people the chief operating officer and the executive director. What both of them look out for is to see if what have quote is matching the goals that has been set for the fiscal if not i will need to make sure this budget touches the key nodes of the goals for the years. And moreso they look at the cost and try as most as possible to see how effective it can be in other to save cost and invest on other important projects.

• Depending to the organisation and its role, on our organisation as a community based youth organisation, our role is complex, serving both youth ourselves and the community. Therefore, our budget is always needed by the association management committee, our donors and as well the community development committee who both monitors our commitment in the society by ensuring that their support is utilized accordingly. They also regularly monitor financial development of the association.

• Santino Deng Ngor will use the my budget to break it down and put them aside for the organization welfare.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.