Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Well I would say I was amazed ....honey as money. Using your talent to make earns meet is a nice feeling and I in a way do that very well. It is not very easy to convince people to fund your talent but extraordinary talent paces way for good investment.

• Honey as money emphasizes on the currency of ideas

• Course Facilitator

So i work closely with a blind community in ikorodu Lagos Nigeria, getting funds to carter for this community has been a big challenge .

It happened that they are extremely talented singers and can play certain musical instrument, so we decided we would purchase instruments for them so they can practice while we try and get gigs where they showcase their talent.

From there on people then invited them for events and pay for their services, which in turn is used to take care of their day to day needs

• My personality of integrity and ideas to make my stakeholders trust

• Some ways that you have used (or might use) non-monetary incentives to attract talent, stakeholders, and/or collaborators to your organization are as follows;

1. Offer adaptable working game plans, for example, allowing remote workers to telecommute once per week, or for staff to pick their own center working hours rather than the regular all day.

2. Give broad preparing plans - both in house and offsite - for staff to finish certify courses and professional preparing.

3. Offer unmistakable acknowledgment for staff who reliably dominate - either by sending an email cc'ing in business pioneers with congrats on a job done the right way, giving staff a transcribed note, or referencing their victories during month to month gatherings.

4. Give a three day weekend (outside of yearly leave) as a prize for fruitful undertaking culmination.

5. Make a month to month office subject day to support spirit - for example global food day where each staff part brings a plate of food from their nation of beginning.

6. Offer prizes dependent on explicit individual interests – for example enrollment to their neighborhood exercise center or passes to the most recent venue show.

• I gave used my public speaking skills to attract talents and stakeholders to my organization. This shows that money is not the only currency that can be used in businesses or organizations

• I can attract my team members by using my behavior, hope, ushering clear vision, attitudes, punitiveness, good working environment, holidays, social security, educational benefits etc.

• I use a free online platform called Second Life. Some see it as an online game - but it is far more. There are many charities involved and over the past 11 years I led Live and Learn in Kenya Int'l to be one of the leading nonprofit charities - right behind the American Cancer Association - which is the largest represented there.
    In Second Life I manage a venue called "The Lavender Field for Feed a Smile". Musicians perform and artists - a couple of rather famous ones - exhibit for free. All donations go to Live and Learn in Kenya to feed the 510 children on the program, but also to support the financing of the constructions at our education center in Nakuru, Kenya. IT WORKS! The musicians, singers, and artists feel honored to support the cause and I am actually often thanked for "allowing" them to support us. That is definitely "Honey as Money" as far as I'm concerned.

• We all work to achieve a certain state in a society and gain certain state of authority in a professional life, That is why we are so obsessed for earning money. Money shall pay our effort we give to achieve something, however, we must value the things that cannot be bought by money.

• In my organization ideas are highly esteemed. As a result our team members are always bringing remarkable ideas that have been really helpful. Myself as the founder of the nonprofit I exhibit a freaky passion towards our mission and goals. We also remain resolute and persistent until we get our goals achieved. Because of these we have got many talents want to join and be a part of our success story. Collaborators also often times request our expertise for monetary equivalence.

• I would use skills training and self development skills to help people with skills that would help them throughout life. There a number of things I've learnt from my research which is one can start a business without money, all they need is a driving force and someone to constantly them.
    For example assignment writing, offering tutions to students or pupils on courses/subjects that you're good in. Public speaking and motivational speakers don't need money to start they need a media and stage to use that's all.

• Honey as Money mean if the leader as a good planning for the implementation of his/her project in organization for sustaining the organization to exist.

Planning on how use put all the different currency in use and how you can mobilze the resources for the your project.

• You can attract the naturing and growing of talent. For example you can use football games as a means to nature the talent that's already available then involve other stakeholders to come and watch thereby identifying talent that can be used to there advantage. Soccer or sports in general is used as a means of cabbing youths from non valuable time wasting activities like beer drinking, stealing etc

• ideas, expertise, persistence

• We have used ideas, expertise, events and crowds

• I have been using online platforms for free consultations and coaching. I am also dictating a free online course. This has helped me a lot in order to build a client platform and collaborators that want to work with me. I am also working on a membership program for collaborators with benefits, as well as student scholarships and the opportunity for stakeholders to invest in a charity of their own to create social awareness.

• Examples of non-monetary compensation include benefits, flex-time, time off, free or discounted parking, gym membership discounts, retirement matching, mentoring programs, tuition assistance, and childcare. A benefits plan is designed to address a specific need and is often provided in a non-cash form.

• Knowledge about leadership, the course provides us with how to guide and solve issues with unique points of view, which is made possible through my partnership.

• One aspect my company has used to attract talent is the fact that we have a sound brand image in serving the market and/or population with unique products/brands. Along the years we have invested in Blue Ocean products that no other company has thought after. Our team of technical staff selectively choose these products from overseas supplies and which in turn serve and satisfy and fill pharmaceutical gaps in the country. Every talent out there has wished to work for my company because of this great sound image.
    Plus many stake holders, both suppliers and local clients and customers have thought after us as reliable partners. We don't pay much as company nor do we have great incentive plans but yet we have used our technical acumen as Honey as Money

• Being concerned for the humanity and issues they face, I attracts the talent towards the collective well-being and a prosperous, equitable and justable society for all.

• Being concerned for the humanity and issues they face, I attracts the talent towards the collective well-being and a prosperous, equitable and justable society for all.

• Our organisation is extremely family friendly and it prides itself on its flexible working policy. Working from home, adjustable hours, family comes first. Being an NGO, working in the Government sector, it really sets us apart from our stakeholders.

• genuine communication and transparency - in my degree organisation we practice this each day, therefore, the stake holder would always be on the loop on what is happening in the organization.

1. Aunthecity
  • I have organized a free literacy class where students who did not go to school ended up taking my classes and passing the word around that. There were results as well that showed that they indeed learnt something. And it continued on to skills training where a lot of unemployed youths are taken on for employment without any fees to pay me. Companies are now hiring me to run skills training for their employees.

• As for our organization, though it has not been officially registered but we start working in the grounds with some partners to make effective utilization of resources. It matters the most since one has some limitations. We partnered with some experienced organizations, venture with them and start working with them very soon. Thank you!

• Honey as money go beyond $, £€¥. It include putting idea into practice and yield profit after tax.

• In the NGOs I worked for where budget constraints were very common, it was often leveraged on the first-hand experience opportunity. Stakeholders and potential collaborators were invited to visit directly the project implementation areas, the beneficiaries and eventually participate in project activities for a short period of time.

• Since my institute is a public sector we don't have money to expend for partners, so what can we do is acknowledging the efforts of partners in different ways:

sending thank you email,
    celebrating achievements during complex project accomplishments
    requesting partners to attend in quarterly, six month, or in annual workshops and meetings and officially thanking influential organizations
    certification of outstanding partners for their meaningful contributions during collaboration

• Non-monetary incentives to attract talent.

• Below are some of the way have used to motivate my staff..
    Flexibility at work.
    Rewards and Recognition.
    Provide an extra day off.
    Provide time for volunteer work.
    Provide extensive training plans.
    One-on-one lunch.
    Experiential Rewards.
    Offer to mentor an employee

• The ways in which I have used non-monetary incentives to attract talent, stakeholders and / or employees to your organization are the values ​​by which I was trained, the experience, the job training for the needy.

• I used the dreams I have and attracted partners. As it is known that construction industry is infant here in Ethiopia. Now a days, global construction industry is emerging by advancement of construction equipment and chemicals. But Ethiopia is in its' traditional system of construction management.
    Therefore, I, as one of professionals participating in construction industry, have a dream to establish consulting firm participating in construction management. To attain this dream, I have finished training of project management offered by Maryland Global University for successive three months. So, partners have shared this dream to work together and we are on our ways to finish legal procedures this time to establish the firm.

• Honey as money is basic to success. Ideas, dreams, passion and persistence needs to be an asset for an individual or a company to attract potential partners. Partners my come with money, talent which I lack, technology or others and these issues are cooperated together to attain a goal.
    Related with honey as money, as I stated early in this module, I have a dream and commitment to attain my objectives. I have persistence and ability to withstand massive workload, and of course, I can not rest unless I am done with it. Partner of mine is attracted by my qualities I have mentioned above.
    On the other hand he is patient and technical tough to solve problems. His ability to compute technical problems is key honey I am expecting from him. Then, when we combine together, we will be successful. That is what honey as money mean.

• Non-monetary incentives are designed to recognize a special achievement or the completion of something that enhances an employee's job performance or value to a company. A non-monetary incentive does not take the form of cold, hard cash, but this doesn't mean an employee cannot discern its monetary value.
    Examples of a company's non monetary assets include tangible assets such as inventory and property, raw materials, plant and equipment and intangible assets like intellectual property or design patterns, while among non monetary liabilities we can include warranties payable and deferred income tax credits.

• Honey as money is wonderful idea and previously when we had resource (Funding) crunch then we promoted several ideas for different level of program. I also feel funding is only make your thinking capacity limited and create an ignorance for innovation. There is no depth for funding and someday it has to come down so it is imperative to consider all available resources to mobilise and not limit around money.
    Some of the proposal from my end would include:

1. Increasing the geographical outreach with collaboration
    2. Proposal for joint strategical approach with common vision
    3. Co-creation of innovation
  • Honey as money is wonderful idea and previously when we had resource (Funding) crunch then we promoted several ideas for different level of program. I also feel funding is only make your thinking capacity limited and create an ignorance for innovation. There is no depth for funding and someday it has to come down so it is imperative to consider all available resources to mobilise and not limit around money.

• As part of our initiative that is based on voluntary work, members are encouraged to join not for a monetary gain but for opportunities through which they can work on their acquired skills and also learn new skills and competencies. People who join should not seek financial, they should instead be interested in improving themselves, acquiring new competencies, meeting new people from different countries etc., which would potentially help them enrich their resumes, be more qualified in certain areas and get more experience in voluntary work.

• Thinking only of money will limit our capabilities.

What we can offer in advance is out ideas, manpower and network.

• In our organization we have leveraged our online platform which has an e-procurement portal to help other organizations in their tendering process, that has attracted stakeholders and partners.

• Engaging WIIFM strategy and story telling, I have attracted monetary incentives, stakeholders and collaborators to my personal NGO by letting them know the effect of our work on our target audience. the story telling was crafted with the knowledge of this stakeholders interest and aspirations. having discovered that they share my value of giving back to the society, I curated my story to make them realize that their aspirations can be achieved through collaborating with me

• The core of our organization is partnership. We provide free training services to organizations who have services we need. So its like a trade by barter situation.

• Starting a youth Friendly Space in one of the Districts we operate from. Realized that there was need of discussions on Sexual Reproductive Health for Adolescents and youths. To this regards we engaged the Nurse in Charges on the importance of this activities and the impact it will have on the Youths. There after a space was created and nurses and other health workers have since started offering free lessons on Sexaul Reproductive health to adolescents and youths.

• Talent - Autonomy over their work
    Stakeholders - being part of a vision
    Collaborators - exchange of ideas and services

• To attract talent, stakeholders or collaborators, I start with what I have and those who believe in the vision, to stop gender based violence we start by sentitizing the people, talking to leaders of the community, taking to the men and women in the community and encouraging them, with your passion for what you do, it's just a matter of time, the news of the progress and result will eventually spread and attract stakeholders will come.

• To attract talent, stakeholders or collaborators, I start with what I have and those who believe in the vision, to stop gender based violence we start by sentitizing the people, talking to leaders of the community, taking to the men and women in the community and encouraging them, with your passion for what you do, it's just a matter of time, the news of the progress and result will eventually spread and attract stakeholders will come.

• We have used numerous events and public speaking keynotes to spread our messages, we used community mobilization to educate and spread our messages. we focused on projects that need little or no investment, such as community consultations, communicating and spreading a effective message to the people who might need to hear.

1 Reply
  • Giving out a scholarship for people to attend a paid training or course.

• Non-monetary ways I have used to attract talent, stakeholders and/or collaborators in my organisation are:

Effective solutions to low TB yield.
    Creative methods to implement tasks to get results.
    How to manage competitors without be faulty.

Thank you.

• we create maximum impact through our advocacy platform. intelligent and willing minds always find way to work together for the good of what they believe in. our procedures and approach gives us in.

• Incentives such as offering stakes in my organization to potential investors make them add more capital to the organization

• Telling a story. And a motivating one.

• As a non-profit organization, we've been able to use our honey over the last two decades to attract money. We invest in training entrepreneurs and ensure that more job is been created for the betterment of the society and the nation economy.
    Over the last two decades we've been able to track our success journey and reach out for sponsorship/Partnership.

In terms of creating value, we've been able to reduce the rate of unemployment and help entrepreneurs get funding for their business and create more jobs.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.