Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• I aim therefore i am ,, this sentence is absolutely in line with all of us in our daily routine we apply

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

The organization i worked with before now, aimed at delivering reading glasses and any optical services at a good time.

but unfortunately this was not as swift as they want it, because some prescription lenses are not readily available as some

they do have the skill to achieve this but they don't have the resource's

A
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@mba_aslam2016 said in Module 2 Discussion: Goals:

I aim therefore i am ,, this sentence is absolutely in line with all of us in our daily routine we apply

i agree with you absolutely

• Our organization is working to establish a farm in order to increase our level of sustainability as well as provide a source of food to our children's programs. To do this we need to secure the funding, acquire the land, and then begin developing the farm.

• My organization is working to reduce poor menstrual hygiene management in Nigeria by 10% and then progressively. We have conducted surveys and carried out pilot programs at different location to draw input. To achieve our goal, we would monitor and evaluate our findings from the programs and surveys. And then use the data and fund raise to scale across the country and beyond too, in collaboration with sister organizations.

• My organization is working to set up food banks across Nigeria. T o reach this goal we will need to set up a pilot program and, if this is successful, scale up the initiative to other parts of the country.

• As an education institution, our main goal is to make our pupils to attain 8A's in their Year Six Government examination. The best results we have attained is 7A's which made my institution left behind in the race. This year we unable to prove our strength due to covid 19 pandemic. We short of Malay language teacher since last several years. This October we received a Malay Language trained teacher. At the same time, he have well trained teachers for other subjects. Therefore, with the full strength we gained, we are able to move effectively upcoming education calendar to reach our target.

• My organization is working to increase Khmer reading skill from grade 1 to grade 3 in 3 primary schools. To reach this goal, we need to study about the effectiveness and efficiency of the project in 3 schools. If it is more successful, we will advocate with the ministry to put our approach, methodology and techniques to apply in all schools.

• My organisation is working for the sanitation of my city. To achieve this goal, we need the awareness and contribution of the population. if we have it we will be able to improve the state of the city.

• My organization is working to have atleast 90% of the population to know their HIV status,atleat 90% of the population that are positive to be linked to care and access drugs and atleast 90% of the population that are linked to care to be virally suppressed. To reach this goal, we need to recruit more hands, create more awareness and partner with government and other relevant authorities to expand it across the society.

• The school I worked is a private institution that aim at creating on child girls education for them to do it we need more qualifies teachers that deliever the services within the State.

• My organizations human resource lacks skills in writing grammatically correct report. I am advising them to grab online courses.

• To be sucessful in achieving the goals.

Skills and resources always need to be incremented; more training - up to date, and more finantial resources.

• A person without goals is a ghost in a life. We are all now that in order to be satisfied with our life in all aspects, we must set goals. Goals motivate us to bring the best in ourselves and become better people for a better world.

• The goal of my organization is raise young leaders across north central zone, Nigeria. To attain this goal we need more trainers and facilitators of our Leadership and Skill Development (LSD) Program. We will also need more funds to achieve this big goal.

• Our plan for this year is to launch 3 Academic Extension courses for Certified Coaches (completely online). We are working on the curricula with the Master Coaches with an already established completion deadline. I am committed and working on the coordination with other coaching federations to collaborate in the process and be able to put together the best possible courses in the region. As a coordinator, I am also in permanent contact with content providers and marketing office. If the courses are successful, we will deliver them in different languages for other regions too.

• In ,y organization, we aim to help vulnerable families in communities and help the families reach sustainability in all aspects. In order for us to reach this, we should have as much partnerships as possible.

• The overall mission of the NGO I work for is to promote free and accessible health care in African countries.
    More specifically in South Sudan the aim is to efficiently run the public health sector in partnership with SS government in such a way that, at the end of the projects (10-15 years) there will be an official handover from the INGO to the Ministry of Health (MoH). At that point MoH should be able to manage the public health system properly and on its own.

There are some bottlenecks in the organization that are delaying the goal achievement. The main ones are:

1. HR: the NGO is permanently understaffed. This means that staff workload is enormous. The pressure forces staff to withdraw some responsibilities. The first ones to be postponed are: aiming for quality and capacity building.
      Neglecting quality and capacity building in a broad sense undermines the knowledge transfer to local health staff, thus limiting their ability to run their public health system efficiently and autonomously.

2)Financial Resources: they are not enough to currently hire additional staff and to reorganize the INGO. The financial push required to trigger the change however is a short-term effort (peak). Once the new setting is in place the money available is more than enough to run the ordinary activities.

S
    1 Reply
  • The overall mission of the NGO I work for is to promote free and accessible health care in African countries.
    More specifically in South Sudan the aim is to efficiently run the public health sector in partnership with SS government in such a way that, at the end of the projects (10-15 years) there will be an official handover from the INGO to the Ministry of Health (MoH). At that point MoH should be able to manage the public health system properly and on its own.

There are some bottlenecks in the organization that are delaying the goal achievement. The main ones are:

1. HR: the NGO is permanently understaffed. This means that staff workload is enormous. The pressure forces staff to withdraw some responsibilities. The first ones to be postponed are: aiming for quality and capacity building.
      Neglecting quality and capacity building in a broad sense undermines the knowledge transfer to local health staff, thus limiting their ability to run their public health system efficiently and autonomously.

2)Financial Resources: they are not enough to currently hire additional staff and to reorganize the INGO. The financial push required to trigger the change however is a short-term effort (peak). Once the new setting is in place the money available is more than enough to run the ordinary activities.

• Our organization aims at reducing children below 5 years mortality. This goal is achieved by providing good nutrition to children to ensure they are healthy and improving the future country health state. Our organization has interacted with the community members and educating them on farming and how to be food insecure.

• My organisation's finish line is to place children in out of home care, into safe, respectful and caring homes with long term carers or alternatively, working with Child Safety to place the children back with their biological family where safe.

Being an NGO, our resources are limited, working with individuals with similar goals, such ethical practices, compassion and empathy help, sharing longer term goals with our partners are successful.

Our goal is quiet simple yet very complex. Working with diverse families can be challenging as everyone has different morals and principles. Having out of home carers who are motivated by compassion and kindness, not money and power is our biggest resource gap along with large case loads.

• My organisation's finish line is to place children in out of home care, into safe, respectful and caring homes with long term carers or alternatively, working with Child Safety to place the children back with their biological family where safe.

Being an NGO, our resources are limited, working with individuals with similar goals, such ethical practices, compassion and empathy help, sharing longer term goals with our partners are successful.

Our goal is quiet simple yet very complex. Working with diverse families can be challenging as everyone has different morals and principles. Having out of home carers who are motivated by compassion and kindness, not money and power is our biggest resource gap along with large case loads.

• My organisation wants to provide quality education to each student of its schools.however quality education requires many areas to be filled so this things require proper planning to make theory of change

• Ignoring preconceptions and searching for the best practice.

• To be more effective writer, I just start reading 5 articles a day to see the impact of these readings on my writing skills.

• My organization is working to build human resource that is sustainable in all walks of life and that is starting and learning to communicate better in their home and so they can see it their communities or wider in a global platform. Skills imparting are very important in this organization as it also emphasizes its values an they are Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence . It also sees that proper skills of listening, critical thinking and analysing are very important for the start for someone to see himself being a leader and taking on other roles that need all those skills to be in use to make decisions for the betterment of others. Though it is not for profit we give time to accomplish results and in doing so if the need to expand to see that it benefits younger generations, there has to be a clear understanding on the level of commitment that has to be put in as well as the skills to lead an organization to provide the educational platform.. If it has to branch out, it has already sets its platform by providing the resources to individuals to access thus needing only guidance and proper skills to bring forward so all can benefit.

A
    1 Reply
  • Problem identification, collection of data, implementation of solution and measure the result to achive our targeted goals and objectives.

• My organization is working to be the lead biodiversity conservation center in Africa by 2030. In order to achieve this goal the organization developed a 10 year strategic plan, already developed a gene bank for ex-situ conservation of crop varieties, collection of samples of microbes, semen of domestic as well as wild animal species is being under taken for the gene bank. Complex building for gene bank and museum for microbial and animal genetic resources is under construction. Once the buildings are completed what we expect is mechanical issues like installing materials in the cold room and for the museum. Completing such tasks demand huge money that can be expected from Government treasury or from international conservation organizations. Human resource capital is growing from time to time. Moreover, we also look for practical experience sharing activities specially dealing with the animal genetic resource conservation efforts in the newly constructed gene banks.

• My organization is working to reduce vertical transmission of HIV / AIDS in Cabo Delgado. To achieve this goal, we will need to follow up on all pregnant women, undergoing HIV testing.

• The organization I am working for is working to cover the domestic budget demand from tax revenues on 2029. This time about 40% of national budget is covered by loan and aid.
    To attain the above ambitious goal we are working to increase the productivity of employees, technological advancement and creating conducive working environment. Short term and long term trainings are some of tasks needed to increase employee productivity. In the case of technological advancements projects like single window service are about to launch. Single window is a service bench marked from Europe and planned to increase the efficiency of import and export by connecting institutions like immigration, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Investment Commission, Customs Commission and others together. These are works done to properly fill gaps to to attain ambitious goal of the organization.

• Dear VALBEN,
    The organization you are working for is do not have the resources it needs to attain its' objectives. If so, what tasks are done to get those resources?

• My organization is working to support aspiring and emerging entrepreneurs to start and grow their businesses. To reach this goal and more people, we will need to study the ecosystem and implement programmes particularly tailored to the needs of these entrepreneurs. Getting the right partners to fund sector-focused programmes and provide the right knowledge and resources for entrepreneurs to run their business effectively.

• My organization wants to provide entrepreneurial education to every aspiring and emerging entrepreneur across several countries in Nigeria.

• My organisation wants to provide entrepreneurial education to every aspiring and emerging entrepreneur across several countries in Nigeria.

• To assist you throughout your strategic planning process, we've outlined 4 steps . 1-2 weeks (1 hr meeting with Owner/CEO, Strategy Director and Facilitator (if . from now, what do you want to see differently in your organization as a result of ... a working model and then building a tangible plan can be more successful for . In planning, program strategies are laid out to achieve the desired outcome.  It includes processes such as forecasting, developing objectives, programming, scheduling, budgeting, and formulating procedures

• My organization is working to train and support 500 small businesses annually in Nigeria. Currently we can comfortably support 350 businesses. To reach this goal, we need to expand our donor network for funding and increase our volunteer strength.

• By the end of the current year;2021, my organization aims to reach more people from the MENA region and engage them in our activities in relation to mental health awareness, which is still a taboo topic in this region. To achieve this, our social media team and outreach team should be more active and practical in working on their tasks, through posting more content on our social media platforms and finding a sponsor for our Facebook and Instagram pages. The members of the mentioned teams are qualified and possess the needed skills to do these tasks. They should only dedicate more time and efforts to achieve these goals.

• providing the types of holistic preventative healthcare that are generally not covered by insurance, Heal One World offers services low or no cost—no one is ever turned away due to lack of funds. We believe that the path to well-being should be accessible to all people, not just those who have the income to afford it.

We have teachers, Interns and employee who are work toward this main goal, we need more volentary teachers

• providing the types of holistic preventative healthcare that are generally not covered by insurance, Heal One World offers services low or no cost—no one is ever turned away due to lack of funds. We believe that the path to well-being should be accessible to all people, not just those who have the income to afford it.

We have teachers, Interns and employee who are work toward this main goal, we need more volentary teachers

• My organization is working towards creating 100,000 jobs by 2025 , we are doing this by developing the capacity of Small and medium enterprises, helping them access new markets and funding opportunities.

• My organization is working to eliminate poverty in Malaysia. This is very idealistic but if manage properly, it is possible. To reach this goal, we need to come out with economic creative idea that can power the movement.

• My organization is working to empower aspiring and emerging Nigerian entrepreneurs with the skills they need to start, grow and scale their businesses, To achieve this my organization has a great strategy employed to attract and retain best hands to administer all our programs. we continue to engage in several researches in the economic landscape of Nigeria and drive advocacies that will make the environment an enabling one for entrepreneurs

• One of the things my organization is currently doing is to write and publish sector specific entrepreneurship books. To achieve this, we need to identify the relevant sectors, research and write on the most relevant and if its successful, we will be able to find funding to write and publish books for the other identified sectors.

• My firm is looking at becoming one of the big 4 law firms in my country and leveraging on technology to deliver quality services to our clients. We would need to aggressively develop our associates, hire wisely and partner with the right consultants to achieve our goals.

• Hospital setting:

• Treat patients effectively, safely and efficiently
    • Train doctors, nurses and other allied health care professionals so as to become more specialized
    • Educate and train more professionals so as to increase specialty use
    • Encourage teamwork and work division
    • Identify useful skills and values in individuals who can contribute to greater good

To reach the above goals, we as doctors must

• identify the effectiveness of medical school with respect to education and life skills
    • encourage more professionals to take specialized courses and train abroad
    • have enough financial resources to implement changes in healthcare
  • My organization goal is to tackle the high rate of unemployment and poverty in Nigeria, and we are working towards achieving that by enabling aspiring and emerging Nigeria entrepreneurs to start, grow and scale their businesses.

• I'm working toward getting and international job, rounded up my masters programme, taking courses to sharpen by skills.

• My organization is working towards improving education of rural families at Somaliland regions, to achieve these goals we are definitely in need for funds and access to donors

• My organization is working on cut down the level of unemployed youth in our region. And in order to reach this goal. We'll educate the youth in how to use their skills, gifts and talents to make money and also look for partners

• My organisation is looking to empower over 30,000 Entrepreneurs within 5years at either the ideation or start up stage with the needed knowledge, support and skill to build resilient and sustainable businesses that can stand the test of time by organising entrepreneurial trainings from state to state within Nigeria. This will further be achieved through funding, and partnerships.

• One of the outcome ,that am working to produced, the organization COYED to assure all they YOUTH are skills, for them to be able of having sources of income, through skills that their learned,
    Because in this t part of the world , African are too many youth ,which they are unskilled, and that made life difficult for they support, which my organization seem into it, is not appropriate has an Human being ,so we are focus more into it ,to assure is provided for all they youths, like wise also they single parents,orphanages, old age peoples. and the girl's potutition ,so this are area we more considered at the moment, I have the skills, but the resources are not available, to reach my goals, I need the materials for vocational tools ,like for instance laptop computers, tailor machine, a buildings for old age peoples, like wise also for orphanage residents schools for them, and the single parents, their support, and also support for girls potutition etc etc etc.

• Right now we are working on a new project to offer new added values for customers in order to simplify the usage of the embedded system and reduce cost to increase the purchasing power of low income people. This innovative endeavor necessitates well educated knowledge workers with diversified intellectual resources from different domains, equipped with digital skills to develop a cross functional team. Put into work novel techniques for modular integration and implementing the right business model and viable market strategy.

• My organization goal is to grow, scale and enable young entrepreneurs to be at their best in what ever they do. We are achieving that through creating a programme where entrepreneurs can be taught and also giving an access to funding.

• A goal to be worked on in my organisation is improving Tuberculosis case finding in all the health facilities assigned to me in Lagos Mainland and Kosofe LGA in Lagos State, Nigeria from the present 35 a month to 70.
    To reach this goal, we plan to do community outreaches where we speak the language the people understand likewise get the x-ray van to get people tested immediately for immediate result.
    Thank you.

• My goal is to complete a Master's Degree in Business Administration. I have obtain a certificate, Diploma and now making my way to complete my degree. I am currently working hard to save a little more to pay for my degree course online. Work for 3 more years to save and get my masters. Long term long would be being a CEO or Secretary to the Head of a public Service Department.

• My organization is working towards empowering youths through building their business ideas in to sustainable social enterprises. For us to reach the finish line, we need to identify innovative ideas, train the beneficiaries and finally find capital for the startups. All these process requires finance, mentors , investors, donors and partners in different areas.

• Our goal in business is to expand the outlet to be a wholesaler by June 2022 and if possible open another outlet. I think is will be achievable since we Already planning and working towards that goal by saving up 10% of daily profits to finance that goal.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.