Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• I'm focused in these moments of my life on earning and sustaining. I'm still far of giving, I'm trying to earn enough to sustain my family and that will take work to develop ideas that allow myself to live based in such philosophy.

• Giving
    Taking my organization as an example, the bulk of what we do is embodied in giving. We impact entrepreneurial skills to groups of young business owner, helping them to Start, Grow and Scale their businesses at almost no cost.

• Giving principle imparted strong impact on my life. When I started giving I had to everything for my self.

• GIVING
    this is a great principle that normally contribute to life and future.

• As a healthy institution our organisation has to earn money to sustain the activities it does.

• Giving - is a principle I have grown from my childhood. My wife and I support family members who are intelligent into college or university as long as their parents cannot manage the fees. We give knowing the future depends on these children.

• Earning a very essential topic to be discussed indeed. I believe before anything earning comes first, because without earning anything, we couldn't give anything too. If we don't earn anything then there is nothing to be sustained. Earning starts with investing in our self, meaning earning knowledge. It is the first thing to be earned, that knowledge can be gained by learning or though observation or through deep thought. Using that knowledge, we could earn money, create awareness. Earning is freedom. At the moment, I am earning knowledge. I am widening my scope and that's why I am enrolled in this course. To enrich my self in leadership and serve my country.

• Giving is one way of of even earning and sustaining oneself. For me, giving involves impact knowledge for better Entrepreneurship Development in my country with the work we do at FATE Foundation, we giving by impacting to Entrepreneurs to start, scale and grow their businesses, of which I'm actively involve, we this I earn and of course helps to sustain the Entrepreneurship eco system.

• Moi par exemple je donne beaucoup, que ce soit de mon argen, de mon temps ou de mes compétences

• The principle of Leadership are Giving,Earning and sustaining.Those Chains are interested in Omnipreneurship. To invest on small or wide range of project,One must be Give some amount of money or energy or other. These energy,money or other things earns some profit or money.If this chains done repetedly on some investment area or other projects and obtain profit continously be sustain.

• Giving is investing some on ones things. In my concerns giving is the same as investing.without giving earning is nothing. My father is living in sime rural area.This area is known by coffee plant. So that he dig to planting the coffee. To planting the coffee he wants to invest sime energy to dig the ground, money.So this is giving to the earth or ground some else

• the principle i choose is earning most of the people in an organization prefer earning than anything. because you can not give without earning you can not give what you don't have that's why i choose earning

• To secure better performance and results from people in 21 century, a manager has to increase his influence more over them. And to do so, leadership is the answer.

Principles of Leadership is an art whereby an individual follows a group of rules of investment of growth for achieving a common set of goals. These principles are:- Giving, earning and sustaining rule.To expand it further, leadership is a process of inter-personal relationships through which a person attempts to influence the behaviour of others for attainment of pre-determined objectives. Of the various people, who have defined leadership, influence and attainment of objectives are the common denominators.

• To secure better performance and results from people in 21 century, a manager has to increase his influence more over them. And to do so, leadership is the answer.

Principles of Leadership is an art whereby an individual follows a group of rules of investment of growth for achieving a common set of goals. These principles are:- Giving, earning and sustaining rule.To expand it further, leadership is a process of inter-personal relationships through which a person attempts to influence the behaviour of others for attainment of pre-determined objectives. Of the various people, who have defined leadership, influence and attainment of objectives are the common denominators.

• Giving and earning I believe are entities that are very important in my life, when you give there’s speculation that leads to you earning something be it financial or something else.

• Giving principle, I created a social media account for giving environmental education to my community
    Earning principle, I have a job in a NGO where I receive my salarie, working for Fauna conservation.
    Sustaining principle, I have a close contact with my stakeholders and the people I work with.

• In my current situation, I'm more of a giving person. Giving time and love for myself in first place to grow and learn more at young age, then to others around me by showing support and help for anyone in need as long as I can help and provide something for them.

• In my organization make accessible soft grounds for loans with extremely minimal bottlenecks as well as little or no stringent payback conditions. This serves as our way of giving.

• Giving : giving has really been part of me, it explain and express my existence by meeting the needs of others through this, showing them care.

• Good evening,
    As an educator, I have given the first two principles to my students. I have give them time and attention, and sometimes also afecction. they always look for those things in me. I have always earned respect, honor, and also money from my work and I have substained in time. I have built my experience as a techer and as i person, but I have also created my own business, which is an academy of English in my city. In that way I can still work and apply these interesting principles I have learned from you.

Thanks a lot.
    It is nice learning with you.

• As leaders we also need humility, otherwise all the principles we work can be ambiguous for a real personality. Don´t you think?

• Giving, Earning and Sustaining.
    I truly believe in giving. I personally mean giving of myself. There is an amazing thing that happens when you give knowledge, time, energy to help someone help themselves. When you give knowledge you are helping to sustain ideologies, ideas and culture. You are helping the person receiving that knowledge earn respect from those around them. It truly does work as a cycle.

P
    1 Reply
  • It's so much fun

• yes it's funny

• yes it's funny

• ok i will select about giving as our sir said giving is loving while we give something or afford something we will think twice a time before we afford it while it is helpful or waste in that way, the thinking abilty should be great while the person is giving then it will give a great outcome or will get a good satisfaction. i agree with sir words giving is loving

• Все прекрасно. Все отлично. Спасибо

• I AM A GIVER, SOMETIMES I EVEN BORROWED MONEY TO GIVE, BUT EARNING HAS ALWAYS BEEN A PROBLEM

P
    1 Reply
  • JCPENNEY IS A RETAIL COMPANY AIMING TO GIVE OUT THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE
    EARN THE REPUTATION AND SUSTAIN BY DOING THE FIRST TWO PRINCIPLES

• I am waiting on my assessment evaluation.

• Bonsoir je me nomme Ghislain lopez, je suis le responsable du suivi évaluation au COLIBRI, il s'agit d'une OBC au Cameroun qui vise à promouvoir un accès à la santé équitable pour tous

• Hello everyone,

Applying the 'giving' principle, the company I work for provides logistical services to stakeholders (large and small) to help facilitate international trade (mostly focusing on movement of cargo and people) and the development of the country's economy.

Regards,
    Philp

• Hi Popea7,

Giving comes with a full heart and to want to give even when you do not have is selfless. You have a big heart and one day you will be rewarded. I would just recommend giving generously by taking care of yourself (earning) by not giving exceeding your limitations. Giving exceeding your limitations is unsustaining. Psychologically, you might crush.

Regards,
    Philp

• It is true.
    There is a positive reward internally when we give.

• One of the main activities we do for our community is trying to keep our beaches clean. We sometimes choose an affected area and invite all of our members along with people from the community who volunteer. We give our time and effort, while also earning the help of others, and sustaining a cleaner environment.

• Giving as a principle in my life has giving me self fulfillment anytime i give out to those in need and the vulnerable in my society.
    When i build capacity of Farmers on sustainable ways of improving their yields i get more satisfaction of making a difference in the life of the famer and his family.

Giving has taught me to relate well with people of different social status and the need to help make the world abetter place for all.
    In giving it has made my life more meaningful and content as i see happy and sustainable lifestyles among the farmers in my community,

Thank you
    Jamiel Abdulai

• Principle are like guide rules in which an organization stick on.
    Tomato Jos company actually have this principle of caring about each other.
    Value the imput of each unit,and a golden rule that binds us together which is love. That has been a driven force for the sustainable goal development.

• Reflecting on my life as an African-American disabled U. S. Army veteran I have to choose sustaining as the principle that has impacted my life due to the borderline poverty level financial giving by the Veterans Administration and Department of Defense. Disability benefits once allowed full dental and medical services free to veterans of the Second World War, Korean Conflict, and Vietnam Era. Since the Conflict in Iraq, Desert Storm, etc. I have not been able to get free dental service now, unless I am 100% disabled. The location of the Veterans Hospital in the Bronx, New York does not have adequate parking for veterans, especially those that are part of the National Guard and Reserve that had been called to active duty and have returned state side with Post Traumatic Stress and wounds. I have had to live within a financial benefit system that pays monthly and the money does not cover food, rent, clothing nor personal items. So, I have had to find ways to purchase foods and clothes using a budget after paying rent. This usually only helps me buy personal items with little money for a night on the town.

• The core the principles are giving, earning and sustain

• Yes, these principles are true! In mine life experiences', "Giving", this principle has impact in personal life's

interaction. Giving connect, giving shows love, giving makes life has a meaning. I had a refugee friend who was a homeless, a give him a chance to get a house near my house, that action made him be closer to me and live as friend with great confidence. I hope because giving is a sacrifice, an act act of love it can open the doors of success.

• I was reflecting on the the words about family businesses, the terms " making, milking, and auctioning", and it got me thinking that it actually happens and sometimes it is a pattern on how a family business slowly dies.

• I create a balance between giving and earning in my life. It means that I do not give beyond my depth. Indeed, giving gives me pleasure and meaning to my life.

• For my organization, we focus on sharing knowledge to those who have less or none in the area of mental health and the likes of that. We organize outreach where we impact these knowledge to people.
    So in essence we do more of giving.

• Giving: At our foundation we seek to create a Nigeria were every child is educated so they can create a bright future for themselves.

• Giving: At our foundation we seek to create a Nigeria were every child is educated so they can create a bright future for themselves.

• Giving. I see this principle to be exactly what my instructor eluded to. Giving is life. There is something that happens to my heart every time I am able to render a helping hand in different areas. Its one things so much fulfillment and you just want to continue doing it.

My organization is founded on the same principle of giving. We endeavor to give back to our communities in many areas, in terms of time, a bit of resources as we earn, and our services to those in need of a helping hand.

• These three principles are very important to me especially sustaining is the most effective principle in my life and my organization. I always create strategic plan to sustain the success of my organization.

• these three principles are very important to my life and my work.

• These principles of Giving, Earning and Sustaining are very important in my life and my work.

• A good topic Thanks

• Earning, because I'd like to earn knowledge more and I am hungry to learn more, I am so devoted to uplift myself.

• I will be talking on Earning..
    You see, I am from Africa in general.. When it have to do with earning, we earn by monthly...
    The point I am raising is that we earn less and take pay in a month..
    And l do understand that Principals say, given is love but Earning is thrilling and Sustaining is about investing..
    In our African society it is hard to give, when your earning is less and at the end if you will follow the given method Sustaining will not be possible..
    Thanks for the understanding..
    Saah Robert Nyandanweh is my name again.

• On this module I can say that GIVING is what matters most in my organization. The essence of giving is creating an environment where people values each one's personal ability to share in a very simplest way without needing to be recognized and asking for a favor in return. It is a collaborative approach where everyone support one another and sharing ideas to further enhance and broaden the organization's core values.

• Hi,
    I am delighted to share this. Having been given this platform, I couldn't have a second thought rather than grasp it swiftly.
    To start with, I was torn apart just after high school since I didn't have money to help me survive in the city. I tried hustling here and there, but things were not working out for me. This didn't stop for the next two years. It was hard, but through God's Grace, I survived. Through these struggles, I promised myself that should I get a breakthrough/make it in life, I would not want to see people go through what I went through.

Why am I sharing this? You may ask yourself this question. I am sharing this because this far, I am grateful to the Almighty God for what He is doing in my life. Even though I am not where I envisioned to be at this point in life, the little He blessed me with, I am able to share with those who need it. I may not meet their desired needs, but at least they have the basics.
    I have come to learn that I don't have to have a lot to give, but the little I have is equally enough to share and is what counts. If it brings joy and happiness to someone's face, then why not share! The Spirit of giving fulfills me, it gives me peace and self-realization, and I come to wonder if it is why Jehovah God created me because I always do it with utmost joy.
    Therefore, I would like to be grateful to Philanthropy University for the platform and the opportunity to elevate and further my aspiration in life. This is where I would want to be and always associate with. Thank you.

• Giving....we provide clothing for the less privileged

• I can relate to the principle of giving in both my personal and work life. Through giving, i attain satisfaction in my heart. I love bringing positive change to people's lives through giving my time, resources, and compassion. I show love through giving.

• To be honest, I always think about how to earn something but not to give. I believe it is in my nature to seek something bigger but I know that I need to learn how to give. I think that earning is the most important think in life but I should use other two principles in my life more often.

• Giving
    This module has talked about giving as a very important principle of life. Even the Holy Bible says "it is more honorable to give than to receive". Personally, Giving has embodied me in such a way that even if It is not so convenient I still find joy in doing it. Giving is something of the heart. Giving happens with our free will.
    Charakids foundation is an organization known for putting smiles on people's faces specifically, children, less privileged children, and so on.
    Giving is the core principle of this organization.

• Our organization works to give support to premature babies so that they get access to referrals from health centers to referral hospitals for better healthcare.So giving principle applies

• Good principles which are complementary and interdependent

• I found the topic very interesting, among the three principles I will like to reflect on the first principles i.e. giving. In my organization I all the time giving my time, knowledge, and skill. I try to give those things for the betterment of not only my organization but also my personal career.

• One of the 3 principles I embody in my personal life is Giving. A friend and I started in Education based non profit to help provide quality education to students form underprivileged backgrounds. By helping these students access quality education and opportunities for personal and societal development, I am exhibiting the Giving principle.

• they help me that i can have every area of life and balanced my life style also not focusing one aspect to lose happiness of life.

• I give my commitment, my passion, and my time. I give respect to others. I give consideration to the environment in everything I do. I give my word and, if I give a promise, I keep it.

• I give my time, efforts and resources to my organization. I am taking this course to enhance my capabilities in order to give more.

• Sustaining.
    My mother and father come from wealthy families from the past century, nevertheless, they are both non profesionals and did not accomplish to get a school degree. You would think this is not necesary to thrive and succeded in every case, but they never learned the family bussineses nor looked forward towards working for a stable financial future for themselves and their children. I am the youngest of three sisters, and I am the only one looking for post doctorate studies and working for what i studied, to be a doctor. My other 2 sisters did not accomplish their studies like my parents, and have nothing certain to offer to their future generations. My goal is to be able earn, give, but mostly, learn how to sustain success (financial and emotional) for myself and my future children.

• Giving
    Earning
    Sustaining

Giving:
    I as an individual extend my knowledge. time and skills in supporting others to grow. This is an area that i have to improve on.

Earning:
    I consult for NGOs by offering services in areas of Measurement, Assessment and Evaluation. I am paid for most of this services and this form my earning base

Sustaining:
    I am yet to establish a clear path to this.

• this three principles are key to create a great organization culture.

• My organisation has for about three years implemented a sensitization program for adolescent boys. This is a response to issues of sexual and gender-based violence issues. The program was conceived to target the boys as most intervention focus on girls.

Going forward, as an organisation we are to advocate the inclusion of this in co-curricular activities of senior secondary schools in Lagos state. This will enable the Lagos State ministry of education take ownership and institutionalize the prevention of sexual and gender-based violence with sensitization of boys.

Reserch shows that most pepetrators of sexual and gender-based viiolence are men, educating the boys is a way to reduce the trend.

• I would like to choose "Principle of Giving" as this principle is where the omnipreneurship begins. It always evokes a sense of achievement when I try to help out students by giving them a solution to problem, lending them a hand, being a change agent etc.

• by profession, I am a teacher and I am giving my services to society in worth able cost but the cost is not in terms of money it is in terms of respect for me, it is in terms of service to the nation building

• Sustaining has been present on my daily life since i can now remember, i never indeed saw it, but after the begning of this module, now clearly i see.
    Has a younger my mother always encouraged me to become better in dealing with our finances and knowing when to take a decision making it be precise and bring results with it.
    She was unconsciously leading and investing on me to be capable of taking us out of an unconfortable place.

• Considero o curso de extrema valia em ajudar na formação de líderes humanos e preocupados com o bem comum de todos. Qualquer crescimento só vem dos benefícios que geramos para o próximo, nosso cliente e nossa sociedade.
    Trazer para a empresa o debate com foco na filantropia, preocupações de cerne sociais são a nossa função. estamos bem quando o mundo também está bem!

• Como agir sem princípios humanos? O mundo clama por humanidade, integridade, caráter, empatia e abertura ao novo. As preocupações sociais também devem fazer parte de empresas justas e que visam o crescimento contínuo e com propósito. estou amando todas as aprendizagens e as transformações que provocam em minhas visões.

• Dar, ganhar e sustentar: a tríade de ouro para líderes que fazem a diferença nas organizações.
    É preciso inspirar pelo exemplo, ser servo em orientar caminhos e estar juntos para partilhas conquistas e aprendizados

• One of those three principles who really defined me is giving.
    I don't yet have my on organization or working on one but by the grace of God I'm sure I will have one .
    I'm a biomedical engineer but actually I'm pursuing my passion which is basketball ( I'm a professional basketball player ).
    I come from a country situated in the center of Africa: Cameroon. I was burn in a small village in the west region called Bangangte I come from a modest family. I thanks God every day for the changes he gave me because because of basketball, i was abble to pay my school fees ( scholarship), because of basketball i was abble to eat and dress. Its true that the condition in which I was playing were not good enough but God was keeping giving strength and faith for me to continuing working harder and dreaming. Today I'm engineer, i'm the best basketball player of my country, I play in our national team and more over. Because of that, because of what I saw when growing up , I know how it's important to give when you can I know how people suffer in this world in particular in Africa so as far as I will be able to give , i i wiwi keep giving because I know that it can chance on life.

• One of those three principles who really defined me is giving.
    I don't yet have my on organization or working on one but by the grace of God I'm sure I will have one .
    I'm a biomedical engineer but actually I'm pursuing my passion which is basketball ( I'm a professional basketball player ).
    I come from a country situated in the center of Africa: Cameroon. I was burn in a small village in the west region called Bangangte I come from a modest family. I thanks God every day for the changes he gave me because because of basketball, i was abble to pay my school fees ( scholarship), because of basketball i was abble to eat and dress. Its true that the condition in which I was playing were not good enough but God was keeping giving strength and faith for me to continuing working harder and dreaming. Today I'm engineer, i'm the best basketball player of my country, I play in our national team and more over. Because of that, because of what I saw when growing up , I know how it's important to give when you can I know how people suffer in this world in particular in Africa so as far as I will be able to give , i i wiwi keep giving because I know that it can chance on life.

• I believe I have a good balance between those three principles, concerning my personal life as I am not working for any organization at the moment.
    I give by being there for people, understand them, love them, and help them deal with their problems and sufferings in general.
    I earn a sense of wholeness, a sense of gratitude and empowerment for willing to change people's lives, reduce their sufferings thus make the world a better place for the future
    I sustain it by keeping in mind my values and principles and good habits throughout years, even the bad days. By keeping this energy high and inspire others to do the same.

• Hello, not sure how this works and I've already completed my first module. Therefore I was wondering, what do you guys hear by sustaining if it had to apply to your personal life?
    Cheers!

• Giving is love, what a beautiful way to put it out there

• Earning: I am earning knowledge and skills from platforms like philanthropy university or KAYA and by working in an organization, which will help me to enhance my skills and build professional career.

• On balancing three principles giving, earning, and sustaining. To live a live of meaning and impact it is very important that we find balance, without giving life has no meaning. yet you can not give unless you also earn and ultimately neither giving nor earning can continue with out a focus on sustaining.

• Sustaining
    Beacause, focusing on sustaining makes giving and earning to continue.

• They are three and two connected sides of powerful triangle giving giving is the purpose of life i believe it brings meaning to our existence here on earth we give our compassion and respect to the others we give resources time and money as we are able. giving is love ,earning is energy is about grating the fuel and resources we need to thrive sustaining is about investing and those who will carry the torch

• Choosing the principle of "giving", this is extremely present in my professional life, taking into account that I am connected to the area of training new people in the institution.
    In this way, just by applying this principle and giving all the necessary knowledge and tools without hiding anything, we will be able to later receive (by applying the second principle) these elements productive professional results for the company, thus keeping the company sustainable and with positive results ( third principle).

Looking at the three principles, we can conclude and reflect that they all complement each other and that they all contribute to a better society, company and the

• I believe that sustainability in projects is more important than ever. Project sustainability involves both individual and organisational responsibility to ensure that outputs, outcomes and benefits are sustainable over life cycles and during their creation, disposal and decommissioning for sure .

• GIVING
    I lead a group of people at my undergraduate days on campus ,and all i could do is to show them love , and give them reasons why they are important

• giving principles is all about what can offer to your audience
    sustaining has the ability to withhold the value system of the organization
    earning brings about strengthening of purpose

• Among these three principles, the most striking is to give. It is an act of solidarity, love and compassion. At my level, I think that everyone has a wealth, potential to develop. often a smile goes beyond gold. I try at my level to make the world better with what I have.

• with growing amount of knowledge this is empirical to follow a meaningful and an impactful life for this purpose we need to establish a system where there must be set principles like giving, earning and sustaining. When you start giving purposefully and then there are some consequences that are really have outstanding outcomes. earning is an on-going process of making something that you start when you have given best of best and then third principle is about to sustain what you have earned and this really important thing because sometimes it really easy to give and earn but to sustain those resources are not that much easy.

• This is very good

• the principle Sustain is one of most effective principles coz, without sustaining work or straggle there is not any success. so i believe that

• Sustainability is the most important thing and it is embodied in myself or my organization .

• In order to foster a successful and thriving organization, strong leadership principles must be established and adhered to. Three fundamental principles of leadership that have shown their effectiveness in various contexts are: leading by example, effective communication, and delegation. By embodying these values, a leader creates a positive work environment that cultivates growth, innovation, and lasting success. However, to truly understand the impact of these principles, we must dive deeper into each one and explore how they shape the dynamics of a team or organization.

• In order to foster a successful and thriving organization, strong leadership principles must be established and adhered to. Three fundamental principles of leadership that have shown their effectiveness in various contexts are: leading by example, effective communication, and delegation. By embodying these values, a leader creates a positive work environment that cultivates growth, innovation, and lasting success. However, to truly understand the impact of these principles, we must dive deeper into each one and explore how they shape the dynamics of a team or organization.

• The Omnipreneurship is a term that describes a style of entrepreneurship that is focused on creating sustainable solutions to complex problems. It is characterized by a holistic approach that considers the impact of business activities on society, the environment, and individuals.
    The three principles of omnipreneurship are giving, earning, and sustaining - are indeed key components of this approach.
    Giving refers to the idea of using business as a vehicle for creating positive change in the world. This can take many forms, such as philanthropy, social impact investing, or the creation of products and services that directly address social or environmental challenges.
    Earning, on the other hand, is an essential component of any successful business. Omnipreneurs recognize that generating profits is necessary to sustain their ventures and create the resources needed to fund their social and environmental initiatives.
    Finally, sustaining refers to the importance of building a business that is capable of enduring over time. This means considering the long-term impact of business activities, as well as the need to create sustainable revenue streams that can support ongoing operations.
    By balancing these three principles - giving, earning, and sustaining - omnipreneurs aim to create businesses that are not only financially successful but also make a positive impact on society and the environment.

• After attending and perusing the content listened through video, I have asked some questions from myself being on the leadership position, in school education organization How to lead others, why am I here? what are my key responsibilities? How can I attain for productive output? the Answer as I know is the function of three principles: Giving, Earning and Sustaining. These are not just words, but these are functions enriched with philosophy behind them. if any who can get skill to apply and keep balance among them in all walks of life, he/she will be successful. to conclude that I apply these three principles in my organization with letter and spirit, not merely to achieve objective but also make myself a successful on position.

• Before reading three principles, I develop skills of students and those who ask me for the same. I always believe that if we help others God will help us. After reading the principles, I have consolidated my faith in giving and it has been rightly said in the course that giving is loving.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.