Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems

This discussion topic is for learners who have completed Module 1.

What problem are you trying to solve?
    Share the problem that you would like your social venture to work on with the rest of the course. If your venture has already started, introduce how your venture works to solve this problem. Then, find someone else in the course discussion board who is working on a similar problem and introduce yourself.

Sample post: I would like to work on the problem of education for homeless youth in Pakistan.

Sample response: My organization is working on a similar problem in Kenya! We train volunteers to work with homeless children.

S
    B
    T
    A
    T
    9 Replies
  • i'm trying to solve the problem of poor farming in the rural area and how to improve on it and be more productive

B
    P
    M
    9 Replies
  • The problem am trying to solve in Cameroon is unemployment and one thing that's is a challenge is that the mindset of youths is job oriented and no body wish to take the challenge of entrepreneurship

V
    J
    D
    L
    5 Replies
  • I want to help poor families living in dilapidated house get better accommodations and plan for their own homes by building quality houses at very affordable rates.

1 Reply
  • The problem is that women in the underprivileged community are not encouraged to change their stories through achieving financial freedom and intellectual development.

2 Replies
  • I am trying to solve the problem of people in my community that are not have access to computer and train them to be computer literate

F
    2 Replies
  • @instructional_team said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

Share the problem that you would like your social venture to work on with the rest of the course. If your venture has already started, introduce how your venture works to solve this problem. Then, find someone else in the course discussion board who is working on a similar problem and introduce yourself.

Sample post: I would like to work on the problem of education for homeless youth in Pakistan.

Sample response: My organization is working on a similar problem in Kenya! We train volunteers to work with homeless children.

My organisation (Orenda Foundation) is focused on providing hubs of resources to under-resourced township communities across Africa. We believe in growing entrepreneurship thinking and skills sets, in order to provide many low-income areas with an alternative to the current job-mindset in these areas

1 Reply
  • I would like to work on helping young people manage their funds properly and become financial literates.

Z
    M
    2 Replies
  • I would like to work on food security and livelihoods for generational transformation at Mekerani Village in Mchinji District, Malawi. The major challenge has been limited access to farm inputs, technology, and seasonality of agriculture. This results into perpetual food insecurity and high school dropouts exacerbating inter generational poverty.

C
    1 Reply
  • I would like to work for a project that support home business owners in the way that they can optimize their products and services in addition to provide them with better accessibility for financing solutions.
    The project includes building on-line platform for gathering group of selected Home business owners that they can promote their products and services and receiving by return the purchases orders

J
    2 Replies
  • The problem I would like to help solve is how we in South Australia can live in a changing climate - I work in the space of using documentary film in HCD, Monitoring and evaluation and measuring social impact. We are looking at using our storytelling methodologies in the communities that have been affected by the recent fires in South Australian. We will be looking at how the recent and continuing wild fires have effected people, individually, professionally and in their wider communities. We also will be looking at capturing ideas on what they can do personally and what the local, state and federal government can do in address their future livelihoods in a changing climate.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

I am working on supporting the Crossborder traders along the Uganda Kenya border. The plan is to support their mode of doing business, prudent bookkeeping methods and advisory services to improve on their way of doing business.

1 Reply
  • I am trying to solve the problem of retirement income security. Where individuals would have enough funds to cater for themselves upon retirement.

L
    2 Replies
  • Course Facilitator

@Freddydodo said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

i'm trying to solve the problem of poor farming in the rural area and how to improve on it and be more productive

Great choice, and thanks for aharing the problem you are trying to solve with us

• Course Facilitator

@etornamawudi said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I am trying to solve the problem of retirement income security. Where individuals would have enough funds to cater for themselves upon retirement.

Great Job, thats a good one, however it will be good if you could again seperate it into public and private employees. From there you could research based on average income for a given class.
    Moreover, as for me I think the system already allows for saving but the real problem is access to those funds upon retirement.
    Will love to know your method of approach. Please feel free to share more with us.
    Happy learning
    Enjoy......

• Course Facilitator

@susan9204 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

The problem I would like to help solve is how we in South Australia can live in a changing climate - I work in the space of using documentary film in HCD, Monitoring and evaluation and measuring social impact. We are looking at using our storytelling methodologies in the communities that have been affected by the recent fires in South Australian. We will be looking at how the recent and continuing wild fires have effected people, individually, professionally and in their wider communities. We also will be looking at capturing ideas on what they can do personally and what the local, state and federal government can do in address their future livelihoods in a changing climate.

Thats a Good one.
    The environmental disaster was really a terrible one. Our hopes and prayer are with the Australian people.🙏❤.
    The idea is a wonderful one.
    Aside from been a facilitator here, I am a Geographic Information System Consultant and a lover of nature.
    Let me know if I can help remotely
    My linkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/korie-obioma-pius-junior-274b3a165

• Course Facilitator

@mwangiwdavid said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I am working on supporting the Crossborder traders along the Uganda Kenya border. The plan is to support their mode of doing business, prudent bookkeeping methods and advisory services to improve on their way of doing business.

Thats a Great one, thanks for sharing the problem you are trying to solve with us

• I am trying to solve the problem of unemployment in the rural areas by promoting and empowering the youth to maximize their soft and technical skills for self-realization and thereby giving a lasting solution to the said problem

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@olohunlonigba said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I am trying to solve the problem of people in my community that are not have access to computer and train them to be computer literate

Hi @olohunlonigba , thanks for sharing the problem you are trying to solve. What are some of the best practices you use in your local region?”.

• Course Facilitator

@patmayor01 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I am trying to solve the problem of unemployment in the rural areas by promoting and empowering the youth to maximize their soft and technical skills for self-realization and thereby giving a lasting solution to the said problem

Great...... @patmayor01 , thanks for sharing the problem you are trying to solve. What are some of the best practices you use in your local region?”.

• Course Facilitator

@tawarah_2019 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I would like to work for a project that support home business owners in the way that they can optimize their products and services in addition to provide them with better accessibility for financing solutions.
    The project includes building on-line platform for gathering group of selected Home business owners that they can promote their products and services and receiving by return the purchases orders

This is great @tawarah_2019 . Thanks for sharing the problem you are trying to solve. What are some of the best practices you use in your local region?”.
    Happy Learning!

• At the age of 18 the teenagers girls are obligated to get out from the orphanatory. However some of this teenagers do not have relatives or their family are very poor to sustain them. The girls need a way to be independant and have a well social reintegration.

2 Replies
  • The problem that my nonprofit will work on is helping formerly incarcerated African Americans in low-income underserved neighborhoods by offering them reentry programs and after school programs to at-risk youths from entering the criminal justice system.

1 Reply
  • @patmayor01 My organization is working on a similar problem, where I would have workshops on the work source and helping them find employment through searching the internet, creating resumes, cover letters, filing out online applications, and getting them ready for interviews. Have you implemented any such programs or services for your organization?

• @Freddydodo said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

i'm trying to solve the problem of poor farming in the rural area and how to improve on it and be more productive

I'm also sharing the same idea on how to make agriculture in my rural area to be better in terms benefits to the farmer.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@Ben_Abuga-1980 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I'm also sharing the same idea on how to make agriculture in my rural area to be better in terms benefits to the farmer.

This is great you guys! @Freddydodo and @Ben_Abuga-1980 See you can work together and/or in partnerships. Do you live closeby? Share, discuss and learn... Happy learning!

• Course Facilitator

@Saintiago said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

The problem am trying to solve in Cameroon is unemployment and one thing that's is a challenge is that the mindset of youths is job oriented and no body wish to take the challenge of entrepreneurship

Greetings @Saintiago
    Your take up was awesomesauce and yes the roots for change would be more effective and efficient if it was from youth side. Feel free to share your ideas in elaborated so that everyone could catch up and get back to me or other course facilitators if you have any queries. Thank you :)

• Course Facilitator

@RebeccahIbrahim said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I want to help poor families living in dilapidated house get better accommodations and plan for their own homes by building quality houses at very affordable rates.

Greetings @RebeccahIbrahim
    That's great but can you please elaborate that how you gonna do that. Feel free to reach us out whenever you require our assistance. Thank you. Happy learning :)

• Course Facilitator

@FatimaCarvalho said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

The problem is that women in the underprivileged community are not encouraged to change their stories through achieving financial freedom and intellectual development.

Greetings @FatimaCarvalho
    Obviously, women these days were still restricted to ancestral rules and yes everyone women should find some door to their own world to accomplish their goals. But how can you help women over there to change their stories. Feel free to get back to me or other course facilitators if you have any queries. Thank you. Happy learning :)

• Course Facilitator

@sbonilla said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

At the age of 18 the teenagers girls are obligated to get out from the orphanatory. However some of this teenagers do not have relatives or their family are very poor to sustain them. The girls need a way to be independant and have a well social reintegration.

Greetings @sbonilla
    Your take up was fantastic and can you please follow up us with what are the steps you've chosen to do that. Feel free to reach us out whenever you require our assistance. Thank you. Happy learning :)

• I would like to work for the education system all over the world and want to persuade the minds of youths that our education must add the subjects that help us with real issues we face in our day-to-day lives, about parenting skills, about relationship skills, mindfulness practices, learning to eat right things and so on.

1 Reply

I am trying to solve the problem of sutainability knowledge gap and economic empowerment issues in rural Zambia.

• I would like to solve the problem of high unemployment rate amongst young people in Liberia. I want to introduce a microfinance loan to smallholder businesses to increase their province for self-reliance. Also, to solve the problem of high illiteracy rate amongst less privileged and vulnerable youths.

2 Replies
  • Aid You is a community-based initiative aimed at leveraging technology to create awareness on Heart-related Issues and basic life support, providing a tele-health digital platform, and developing innovative solutions to renovate the volunteering sector to build emergency-friendly cities.

1 Reply
  • Share the problem
    In many parts of the world, enterprise training and employability mentoring have been identified as key drivers of self-employment, poverty reduction, gender empowerment and crime reduction. In Africa Sub-Saharan Africa, unemployment and poverty fueled and aggravated regional crises in crisis-ridden countries . In Nigeria where the socio-economic and political landscape is presently volatile, the phenomenon of unemployment and poverty have compounded the tensed situation leading to hopelessness and haplessness in places like Plateau, Benue, Zamfara, Nassarawa and Taraba where people fight over land and water resources. Pathetically, the youth (male and female) are at the center of the crisis – they are used for both planning and execution of communal crises. The broad objective is to investigate the barriers to effective work-based learning programs and mentorship in Nigeria.
    Sample post: I would like to work on redressing barriers to effective work-based learning programs aggravating youth unemployment and restiveness in Nigeria
    Sample response: My organization is working on a similar problem in Malawi! We train the unemployed male and females in Malawi through work-based learning programs

• Course Facilitator

@kerkulahmohammed said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I would like to solve the problem of high unemployment rate amongst young people in Liberia. I want to introduce a microfinance loan to smallholder businesses to increase their province for self-reliance. Also, to solve the problem of high illiteracy rate amongst less privileged and vulnerable youths.

This is good one @kerkulahmohammed But this needs huge finance and a lot of management coupled with know-how! Have you thought deeper or seen a successful accomplishment of such in your country or elsewhere? All the best!
    There are also many other courses in the course. Go through them... Happy Learning!

• We want to increase the contributions of women in the society. To achieve this, we address the challenges faced by the girl child in education. This will create a platform for them to learn and develop their skill sets.

J
    2 Replies
  • Yes, I will try to resolve this problem in my community at Nigeria, because people lack for education in my country, but now everything is solve under our New President Gen, Mohammed Buari, our education improve very well now.

1 Reply
  • I am working on helpings neglected poor families that might have a hidden talents that can helps when they are back up. Children that need helps to achieve their goals.

M
    L
    4 Replies
  • I'm try to work on reducing the incidences of early marriages and teen pregnancies in Mtendere compound of Lusaka District in my country.

S
    2 Replies

To solve this problem i think we need to spread awareness about multicrop farming, terrace farming, etc. Lack of knowledge leads to such problems.

2 Replies
  • Course Facilitator

@ppdevgade said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

To solve this problem i think we need to spread awareness about multicrop farming, terrace farming, etc. Lack of knowledge leads to such problems.

This is great! @Freddydodo & @ppdevgade Both of you are on the same page. Discuss, Share and Learn! Are you guys from the same country and/or location? You can collaborate on this together.
    Happy Learning.

• Course Facilitator

@Chipasha said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I'm try to work on reducing the incidences of early marriages and teen pregnancies in Mtendere compound of Lusaka District in my country.

This is amazing @Chipasha The problem you have picked is a very serious issue. IN my country we have started a theme that marriages, post aged 20!
    Definitely a difficult job but not impossible. What are the ways you are looking at to give this an positive outcome? Any examples in your area? Please share. Happy Learning.

• Course Facilitator

@dominic09 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I am working on helpings neglected poor families that might have a hidden talents that can helps when they are back up. Children that need helps to achieve their goals.

Good one @dominic09 What are ways you plan to unearth talents? Any resources or if I may add creative resources you have in mind? Examples to do it? Please share....
    Happy Learning.

• Course Facilitator

@AliuMohammed said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

Yes, I will try to resolve this problem in my community at Nigeria, because people lack for education in my country, but now everything is solve under our New President Gen, Mohammed Buari, our education improve very well now.

Great.. keep it going! Education is the most important part of any human's life and we all know a basic right for every children.
    Keep up the work and keep learning.

• Course Facilitator

@NanaBaffoe said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

We want to increase the contributions of women in the society. To achieve this, we address the challenges faced by the girl child in education. This will create a platform for them to learn and develop their skill sets.

Hey @NanaBaffoe ....No doubt the most contribution in a society or nation is of the women but it is undermined! And its good you want to solve this problem with girl's education. What other creative ways do you have in mind.
    Keep sharing, Keep learning!

• Founded in 2014, and incorporated by the Corporate Affairs Commission in 2017, Center for Maximum Eradication of Poverty and Illiteracy in Africa (Cemepia Africa) is a fledgling nonprofit organization with the mandate that is grounded on the eradication of illiteracy and alleviation of poverty within and outside Nigeria, across Africa.
    Since its establishment, Cemepia Africa has campaigned vigorously against child trafficking, forced and child labour, illiteracy of young people of school age, Nigeria being the worse hit recording over 10 million out-of-school children, the largest in the world. Though with a very large dream that transcends our present achievements, Cemepia Africa has done much with regards to children and women empowerment, provision of relatively quality but free education to the underprivileged, especially the victims of child trafficking. To go a long way and make this dream a reality, Cemepia partners with Iberekodo Primary School, Ibeju Lekki, Lagos, a universal basic education facility that gives free tuition to her teeming students.
    Besides, to the best of our ability, we have organized and given free tuition to the student population of over 300, many of who were once hawkers and victims of trafficking. In the same vein, in conjunction with some other indigenous NGOs of repute like Muritala Mohammed Foundation, Enough is Enough Nigeria and Tofik Humanitarian Assistance Foundation. We have equally made available skill acquisition to both children and adults in line with our mandate in hope they would become independent and ultimately contribute towards the development of the Nigerian State.
    At the free skill acquisition Centre which is situated at Iberekodo Primary school in Ibeju Lekki LGA Lagos, we have managed to develop and equip the training Centre with training essentials catering for over 80 people daily, especially primary and secondary school pupils and also the community members. In the nutshell, we administer training on these key areas --computer, carpentry, fashion designing, bead-making, shoe-making, catering and entertainment. All these come at no cost on the part of the participants, but has always been borne by corporate organizations and people of goodwill like you who believe so much in humanity
    On this note, we solicit your help in whatever form you can render it as Cemepia Africa has nagging needs that always scream the assistance of both individual and the corporate world. Our direst needs range from hardware –computer systems, sewing machines, printers, old furniture, shoe-making machines, cameras and funds. All these will go a long way in bringing our goals to fruition.
    Many thanks! Contact us at facebook and youtube: CEMEPIA CHANNEL twitter: CEMEPIA_AFRICA

1 Reply
  • I will like to create a lasting improvement on sexual and reproductive health of people, especially young females, in a culturally sensitive fashion.

S
    2 Replies
  • Unemployment is the main problem how can we empower the lower category people how can we facilitate then and how can we use them efficiently ?

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@lbac3125 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

The problem that my nonprofit will work on is helping formerly incarcerated African Americans in low-income underserved neighborhoods by offering them reentry programs and after school programs to at-risk youths from entering the criminal justice system.

Greetings @lbac3125
    That's great to know about your take up and what are the exact strategies you've pinged to run this. Can you please elaborate it,so that others could get into the discussion and share the views. Feel free to get back to me or other course facilitators if you have any queries. Thank you. Happy learning :)

L
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@izharzbi3 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

Unemployment is the main problem how can we empower the lower category people how can we facilitate then and how can we use them efficiently ?

Greetings @izharzbi3
    Yes, unemployment has been a big virus for all the developments. Somehow when we get answer for all your question above mentioned then we can stay great. We would feel great if you share your ideas on board. Feel free to reach us out whenever you require our assistance. Thank you. Happy learning :)

• Course Facilitator

@Taofeeq said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I will like to create a lasting improvement on sexual and reproductive health of people, especially young females, in a culturally sensitive fashion.

Greetings @Taofeeq
    Awesomesauce man. This helps out to get a great hygiene society around. And can you please share your thoughts here so that everyone on discussion board could join. Feel free to get back to me or other course facilitators if you have any questions. Thank you. Happy learning :)

• Course Facilitator

@MondayOjon said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

Founded in 2014, and incorporated by the Corporate Affairs Commission in 2017, Center for Maximum Eradication of Poverty and Illiteracy in Africa (Cemepia Africa) is a fledgling nonprofit organization with the mandate that is grounded on the eradication of illiteracy and alleviation of poverty within and outside Nigeria, across Africa.
    Since its establishment, Cemepia Africa has campaigned vigorously against child trafficking, forced and child labour, illiteracy of young people of school age, Nigeria being the worse hit recording over 10 million out-of-school children, the largest in the world. Though with a very large dream that transcends our present achievements, Cemepia Africa has done much with regards to children and women empowerment, provision of relatively quality but free education to the underprivileged, especially the victims of child trafficking. To go a long way and make this dream a reality, Cemepia partners with Iberekodo Primary School, Ibeju Lekki, Lagos, a universal basic education facility that gives free tuition to her teeming students.
    Besides, to the best of our ability, we have organized and given free tuition to the student population of over 300, many of who were once hawkers and victims of trafficking. In the same vein, in conjunction with some other indigenous NGOs of repute like Muritala Mohammed Foundation, Enough is Enough Nigeria and Tofik Humanitarian Assistance Foundation. We have equally made available skill acquisition to both children and adults in line with our mandate in hope they would become independent and ultimately contribute towards the development of the Nigerian State.
    At the free skill acquisition Centre which is situated at Iberekodo Primary school in Ibeju Lekki LGA Lagos, we have managed to develop and equip the training Centre with training essentials catering for over 80 people daily, especially primary and secondary school pupils and also the community members. In the nutshell, we administer training on these key areas --computer, carpentry, fashion designing, bead-making, shoe-making, catering and entertainment. All these come at no cost on the part of the participants, but has always been borne by corporate organizations and people of goodwill like you who believe so much in humanity
    On this note, we solicit your help in whatever form you can render it as Cemepia Africa has nagging needs that always scream the assistance of both individual and the corporate world. Our direst needs range from hardware –computer systems, sewing machines, printers, old furniture, shoe-making machines, cameras and funds. All these will go a long way in bringing our goals to fruition.
    Many thanks! Contact us at facebook and youtube: CEMEPIA CHANNEL twitter: CEMEPIA_AFRICA

Greetings @MondayOjon
    A big candy sized appreciation from my side to you people who all a part of your CEMEPIA_AFRICA. The world needs many more people with minds like you and yes i pray you people will get everything you deserve. Our great support is with you always. Thanks for sharing your great work on board. Feel free to get back to me or other course facilitators if you have any queries. Thank you. Happy learning :)

• @galiswethachowdary said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

The problem that my nonprofit will work on is helping formerly incarcerated African Americans in low-income underserved neighborhoods by offering them reentry programs and after school programs to at-risk youths from entering the criminal justice system.

Greetings @lbac3125
    That's great to know about your take up and what are the exact strategies you've pinged to run this. Can you please elaborate it,so that others could get into the discussion and share the views. Feel free to get back to me or other course facilitators if you have any queries. Thank you. Happy learning :)

@galiswethachowdary I have created 19 reentry programs: Mentoring, educational, affordable housing assistance, work source assistance, on-the-job training, substance abuse, legal aid services, comprehensive community interventions program, financial literacy program, family support program, driver license restoration services, plus 5 at-risk youth prevention programs. The programs include: classroom and behavior management programs, mentoring program, multi-component classroom-based program, social competence promotion program, and conflict resolution curriculum and violent prevention curriculum program. I'm creating a foster care and shelter program and after school recreation programs. I want to be able to address issues on all levels before, during and after a problem. I'm still in the planning stage and I have to create a strategic planning for my nonprofit.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@galiswethachowdary said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

Greetings @lbac3125

@galiswethachowdary I have created 19 reentry programs: Mentoring, educational, affordable housing assistance, work source assistance, on-the-job training, substance abuse, legal aid services, comprehensive community interventions program, financial literacy program, family support program, driver license restoration services, plus 5 at-risk youth prevention programs. The programs include: classroom and behavior management programs, mentoring program, multi-component classroom-based program, social competence promotion program, and conflict resolution curriculum and violent prevention curriculum program. I'm creating a foster care and shelter program and after school recreation programs. I want to be able to address issues on all levels before, during and after a problem. I'm still in the planning stage and I have to create a strategic planning for my nonprofit.

Greetings @lbac3125
    Awesome work man!! Keep going.

• Course Facilitator

@Scoulelis said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

@instructional_team said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

My organisation (Orenda Foundation) is focused on providing hubs of resources to under-resourced township communities across Africa. We believe in growing entrepreneurship thinking and skills sets, in order to provide many low-income areas with an alternative to the current job-mindset in these areas

Greetings @Scoulelis
    Fantastic idea!! Entrepreneurship is the hot thing which can change the shape of pre-existing inconveniences of leading lives like economical unbalances, poor health, lack of hygiene food and mainly middle class mindset in people. What i feel is, it doesn't matter how financially great by the time you born, what really matters is how hard you fought to make you rich with all your uniqueness in presenting you. And for that being your own boss is must, it can be accomplished only by being an entrepreneur.. Is this senses??
    Feel free to reach us out whenever you require our guidance. Thank you. Happy learning :)

• Course Facilitator

@kakooza said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

Aid You is a community-based initiative aimed at leveraging technology to create awareness on Heart-related Issues and basic life support, providing a tele-health digital platform, and developing innovative solutions to renovate the volunteering sector to build emergency-friendly cities.

Greetings @kakooza
    Great dear!! As the saying goes like "health is wealth" and when you help out people to become rich in having great health. And doing that in online is exciting alot. Feel free to share all your thoughts on board. Thank you. Happy learning :)

• Course Facilitator

@ubaidrehman18212 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I would like to work for the education system all over the world and want to persuade the minds of youths that our education must add the subjects that help us with real issues we face in our day-to-day lives, about parenting skills, about relationship skills, mindfulness practices, learning to eat right things and so on.

Greetings @ubaidrehman18212
    Makes sense a lot. As education helps a man either to build an great empire or destroy it. Can you please elaborate how you are going to do this. Feel free to get back to me or other course facilitators if you have any queries. Thank you. Happy learning :)

M
    1 Reply
  • @Forgiveness said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I would like to work on food security and livelihoods for generational transformation at Mekerani Village in Mchinji District, Malawi. The major challenge has been limited access to farm inputs, technology, and seasonality of agriculture. This results into perpetual food insecurity and high school dropouts exacerbating inter generational poverty.

@Forgiveness said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I would like to work on food security and livelihoods for generational transformation at Mekerani Village in Mchinji District, Malawi. The major challenge has been limited access to farm inputs, technology, and seasonality of agriculture. This results into perpetual food insecurity and high school dropouts exacerbating inter generational poverty.

I am i a similar field with u in the eastern Drc but the difficulties we face is political instability and poor resources though our goal is play a major role in food security and providing job for people in rural area

1 Reply
  • I am working on a project that tackles poor mental health in young people due to Western beauty standards and how we can best provide the tools and information necessary to make healthy choices.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@EvaKlute said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I am working on a project that tackles poor mental health in young people due to Western beauty standards and how we can best provide the tools and information necessary to make healthy choices.

Greetings @EvaKlute
    Looks great!! We would feel awesome if you share your thoughts in elaborated. So that others could get to know and join the discussion. Feel free to get back to me or other course facilitators if you have any queries. Thank you :)

• My organisation aims to eradicate plastic pollution and alleviate poverty in the informal settlements in Cape Town, South Africa through a recycle swop shop.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@Jessie_HC said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

My organisation aims to eradicate plastic pollution and alleviate poverty in the informal settlements in Cape Town, South Africa through a recycle swop shop.

@Jessie_HC Thats a good one. Thank you for sharing. You guys started this already or plan to do it? Whats the outcome like? Best wishes!!!
    and ya' Happy Learning!

J
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@Cuma said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I am i a similar field with u in the eastern Drc but the difficulties we face is political instability and poor resources though our goal is play a major role in food security and providing job for people in rural area

This is great! @Forgiveness and @Cuma You guys can work together. Are you from the same locality, however it does not matter if you want to become partners and work as a team... Share, Discuss and learn... Happy learning.
    For other queries we facilitators are always here....

• @Shooren said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

My organisation aims to eradicate plastic pollution and alleviate poverty in the informal settlements in Cape Town, South Africa through a recycle swop shop.

@Jessie_HC Thats a good one. Thank you for sharing. You guys started this already or plan to do it? Whats the outcome like? Best wishes!!!
    and ya' Happy Learning!

Thank you. We have started but we don't have a detailed plan yet and that's why I'm here. It works really well. The kids love it and it's cleaning up our neighbourhood.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@Shooren said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

and ya' Happy Learning!

Thank you. We have started but we don't have a detailed plan yet and that's why I'm here. It works really well. The kids love it and it's cleaning up our neighbourhood.

Great, Great.. My very best wishes!
    Are you working with a partner from your organization or looking for someone? Please do so, that'll benefit you. If you could post your number, I would add you to the whatsapp group.
    But I tell you what the best way to solving your problem is with AWARENESS, first and by the sharing the benefits which will benefit everyone .
    Happy Learning.

I would like to work for the education system all over the world and want to persuade the minds of youths that our education must add the subjects that help us with real issues we face in our day-to-day lives, about parenting skills, about relationship skills, mindfulness practices, learning to eat right things and so on.

Makes sense a lot. As education helps a man either to build an great empire or destroy it. Can you please elaborate how you are going to do this. Feel free to get back to me or other course facilitators if you have any queries. Thank you. Happy learning :)

I would like to set up mentor-ship facilities to allow young professionals to be mentored by older professionals. The young professionals in turn mentor high school kids and create a chain reaction to build professionals with integrity in our country that's been crippled by corruption.

Z
    1 Reply
  • I would like to work on the project of solving the problem of disease which caused with a bad eating habit, is there any one who working on the same project?

H
    1 Reply
  • @etornamawudi said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I would like to work on helping young people manage their funds properly and become financial literates.

This is a unique idea !! How do you plan for doing that ?

1 Reply
  • @murokosilvia said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I would like to set up mentor-ship facilities to allow young professionals to be mentored by older professionals. The young professionals in turn mentor high school kids and create a chain reaction to build professionals with integrity in our country that's been crippled by corruption.

I also want to improve the educational system and help those who are unable to attain quality education .

1 Reply
  • @dominic09 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I am working on helpings neglected poor families that might have a hidden talents that can helps when they are back up. Children that need helps to achieve their goals.

Absolutely! A true question, most of the people in the world are filled will with real humanity values , of which they can helps but most need organized systems to helps such masses of communities around the world . Therefore it just need me to seek for knowledge to convinced the people having humility and empathy.

• Course Facilitator

@zehrasadia7 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

@etornamawudi said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I would like to work on helping young people manage their funds properly and become financial literates.

This is a unique idea !! How do you plan for doing that ?

Great.. Agree with @etornamawudi Unique idea and if implemented well, this is going to be awesome and life changing. What plans do you have to implement this @zehrasadia7 please be kind and share. Lets share, discuss learn.

• Course Facilitator

@zehrasadia7 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

@murokosilvia said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I also want to improve the educational system and help those who are unable to attain quality education .

This is cool... Lets share, discuss and learn...@murokosilvia , @ubaidrehman18212 Happy Learning!

• I would like to work on the problem of homelessness for homeless families in Colombia.

1 Reply
  • I am trying to solve the problem of malnutrition while creating income by promoting a source of protein easy to get and which is friendly to climate.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@jorgealirioM said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I would like to work on the problem of homelessness for homeless families in Colombia.

This is cool. Are you already engaged in any organization or plan to? How would like to solve this problem, any ideas or examples you'd love to share.
    This is quite a big issue @jorgealirioM and requries big funds, management etc but nevertheless a good problem that should be solved.
    Go through the course, and other courses as such for your better learning and knowledge.
    Happy Learning.

• Course Facilitator

@cenkundwa said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I am trying to solve the problem of malnutrition while creating income by promoting a source of protein easy to get and which is friendly to climate.

@cenkundwa This is such a great problem you are looking to solve. Its important in today's age and time where people and kids alike are so much junk foods understating proper nutritions required and locally there are various foods that provide proteins, calcium, iron, etc that our body requires growing up. And at the same time you are looking at climate friendly. Kudos to this.
    Any idea how you want to try and solve this problem or examples you seen this can be done. Please share.
    Lets discuss, share and learn. Happy learning.

I am also solving similar problem here in Ogun state Nigeria. Smallholder farmers take pride in agricultural activities, but the sector offers them limited opportunities to move out of poverty.

1 Reply
  • Why agricultural sector offers limited opportunities to move out of poverty for smallholder farmers on Nigeria?

• Why agricultural sector offers limited opportunities to move out of poverty for smallholder farmers in Nigeria?

• My organisation is trying to design a model that will serve smallholder farmers and meet the needs of farming communities in Lagos suburbs. It will also provide farmers with a comprehensive set of services including, access to farm inputs, knowledge of how to improve the productivity and market facilitation.

J
    2 Replies
  • I want to work on the problem of lack of preservation facilities for farmers in my country (Nigeria) so that they keep their produces for a longer time and people can get farm produces which have been a conventional seasonal produces throughout the seasons; this is especially aim at perishable farm produces.

1 Reply
  • @AdeniyiIsraelAdemola said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

My organisation is trying to design a model that will serve smallholder farmers and meet the needs of farming communities in Lagos suburbs. It will also provide farmers with a comprehensive set of services including, access to farm inputs, knowledge of how to improve the productivity and market facilitation.

I would love to connect with you.

1 Reply
  • @Hybrid1717 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

@AdeniyiIsraelAdemola said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

My organisation is trying to design a model that will serve smallholder farmers and meet the needs of farming communities in Lagos suburbs. It will also provide farmers with a comprehensive set of services including, access to farm inputs, knowledge of how to improve the productivity and market facilitation.

I would love to connect with you.

We are welcome

• @Hybrid1717 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I want to work on the problem of lack of preservation facilities for farmers in my country (Nigeria) so that they keep their produces for a longer time and people can get farm produces which have been a conventional seasonal produces throughout the seasons; this is especially aim at perishable farm produces.

We can work together

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@Hybrid1717 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I want to work on the problem of lack of preservation facilities for farmers in my country (Nigeria) so that they keep their produces for a longer time and people can get farm produces which have been a conventional seasonal produces throughout the seasons; this is especially aim at perishable farm produces.

We can work together

Greetings @AdeniyiIsraelAdemola @Hybrid1717
    Great to look interaction like this. Keep going :)

1 Reply

We can work together

Greetings @AdeniyiIsraelAdemola

@Hybrid1717, how can we develop a model that would accommodate productivity and preservation?

M
    1 Reply
  • The problem I am trying to solve is the burden of non-communicable diseases

• @StevenGregory said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I would like to work on the project of solving the problem of disease which caused with a bad eating habit, is there any one who working on the same project?

Hi, I am not currently working on a project yet, but this is the area I am planning to address too

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@hanu97 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

@StevenGregory said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I would like to work on the project of solving the problem of disease which caused with a bad eating habit, is there any one who working on the same project?

Hi, I am not currently working on a project yet, but this is the area I am planning to address too

Great... @hanu97 & @StevenGregory you guys have a wish to solve a common problem. Do you guys live nearby/or in the same country? you guys could collaborate on solving this problem together... Enjoy the course.. Happy Learning!

• Course Facilitator

I am also solving similar problem here in Ogun state Nigeria. Smallholder farmers take pride in agricultural activities, but the sector offers them limited opportunities to move out of poverty.

@AdeniyiIsraelAdemola & @Freddydodo Hello guys, you guys have a common interest and would be great if you can work together if not discuss, share and learn... Enjoy learning and there are many other courses in the platform if you are interested ... Happy Learning.

M
    1 Reply
  • I want to provide a platform for youth and poor family.

F
    1 Reply
  • I am trying to solve the problem of unemployment and lack of mentorship in Canadian underprivileged communities.

I would like to work on the problem of waste up-cycling to provide a solution to the agricultural food production losses experienced in the farming sector which has been a big disincentive to farmers in Meru County.

• @Shooren said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

@AdeniyiIsraelAdemola & @Freddydodo Hello guys, you guys have a common interest and would be great if you can work together if not discuss, share and learn... Enjoy learning and there are many other courses in the platform if you are interested ... Happy Learning.

Hey, I am also oriented towards losses that are incurred in the agricultural sector and i intend to work on a problem of waste up-cycling to provide a solution to the agricultural food production losses experienced in the farming sector which has been a big disincentive to farmers in Meru County.

• @AdeniyiIsraelAdemola said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

We can work together

Greetings @AdeniyiIsraelAdemola

@Hybrid1717, how can we develop a model that would accommodate productivity and preservation?

This is a good problem to work on. There is this area that I hope if given more time and resources it can tackle the two areas you have proposed of productivity and preservation. That is upcycling.

• I am trying to solve the problem of unemployment and lack of mentorship in Canadian underprivileged communities.

M
    1 Reply

1 Reply
  • @etornamawudi said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I would so love to be a part of this. This is a major problem we young people most times don't see as a problem.

• @dominic09 said in Module 1 Discussion: Solving Problems:

I am also working on something similar, but this time my focus in on the beggars in Ibadan Nigeria. We're seeking ways to help these beggars out, and our goal is to reduce if not eliminate begging.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.