Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• For every M&E team it is important to assess the digital choices they have

O
    P
    F
    3 Replies
  • A true digital transformation with data will work to implement and refine the right, unified tools, data strategy, data management, process and analytics to enable that accurate data insight – aligning and refining on and offline data to support intelligently informed decision-making across the business

• the advantages associated with the use of digital database is far more that the paper data base.

J
    1 Reply
  • agreed. but the paper database is still important and useful

• The challenge with using MDC or CAPI for collecting data for my project is that 80% of the data required is to come from government quaters and the government staff would not want to community through electronic devices.
    Government in the communities do not release sensitive information as such on the internet for assessment.

• Digital collection can be done using both traditional and digital methods. Digital methods offer an economic alternative to traditional methods.

The value of digital methods lie in reduced costs, quick responses, technology-supported data collation, analysis and reporting, easy dissemination of questionnaires, and easy-to-do follow-up and repeat collection.

However, a number of limitations exist for adoption of digital data collection. Some of the challenges are:
    Prohibitive set up costs may be viewed as a reason for not adopting digital data collection.
    Digital data collection is prone to security breaches. Hosting data on digital format may expose the data to security breaches.
    Staff capacity, in terms of their ability to implement or use digital data collection is another hindrance to the adoption of technology for data collection. Where this capacity is absent, there may be need to hire capable staff or outsource the function.

• Especially while assisting potentially resource-strained offices to collect data, it is important to remember both the costs and the benefits of the ways that we collect data. Additionally, especially working with a broad population (and a variety of staff) who have a wide range of technical knowledge, it is important to consider both the short and long term benefits and difficulties with utilizing technology to collect data.

• With advancement of technology and available of the internet access make our data collection more easier through the digital choice. The digital data collection is easy to use, store and share the information with others. Few concern areas of digital collection is security where nowadays even the safest place like US White House documents can be hacked and there is risk that our data collected can be ruin by a button of our error or external danger. The field officer who is collecting the information should be also equipped with the handling and usage of the technology to capture the right information.

• In using digital to access mobile connections, there are advantages and concerns, some of which include;

Digital strategies scale easily that is you do not necessarily need to work twice as hard to reach twice as many people while Mobile phones, computers, tablets, digital databases and dat collection can be expensive to buy, maintain and replace

• Understanding the needs and expectations of the users of the data will inevitably lead to selecting a good choice of data collection tool.

• Assessing digital Choices"
    Although the digital data collection helped the organizations in order to collect the data in a proper manner, it should be consider also in places that there is not exist the network coverage.

• Luckily I belong from a location and time era where I witnessed both types of data collection and management: Manually or Digitally and their effectiveness and negative affects. And, I belief that the combination of both can bring more effectiveness, efficiency, security and reliability instead if we switch to one mode.

• Luckily I belong from a location and time era where I witnessed both types of data collection and management: Manually or Digitally and their effectiveness and negative affects. And, I belief that the combination of both can bring more effectiveness, efficiency, security and reliability instead if we switch to one mode.

• The advantage of digital method is that, it make data collection, storage, the use very easy. However, if areas that have no hardware, software, electricity, cell phone coverage and internet access, it is best to use paper-based data collection.

• More and more project teams are switching from paper base data collection to digital data collecte. Most platforms nowadays allow entering data in offline and synchronise later. The first limit to the use of digital tool in resources. When resources are available, I think that the best way is the digital data collection

• Technologies involvement in project's activities is becoming more and more relevant. First to faster work but also to gain more secure and reliable information.

• can store large amount of data
    fast interms speed
    security
    most efficientd

• Digital methods of collecting data allow to work faster and be more efficient. And we can make the best digital choice according to our needs

• Right, they make your team work more easy

• In one of our programs, we have had to simultaneously work with both digital and paper-based records. The transitory period is still ongoing. At times, as you test one system, you may want to keep the status quo for a while as a backup plan. Implementing a half baked system can be direly detrimental to the quality and safety of your data.

• We need to consider rural communities which lack of technology facilities such as mobile phone and access to internet. Language also must be in local in all our monitoring activities.

• Even though the mobile data collection(MDC) requires costly equipment but we have to consider that the larger is the size of the survey the larger is the savings.
    MDC main benefits are the following

• it speed up the research with high efficiency. It is a model that saves time

• Low cost because it uses single data entry while the pen and paper system requires double data entry.

• it satisfy the data quality because it uses filter logic utilization

• it is customizable

• it controls and add the add flexibility of field work

• it ensures Data credibility

• Going paperless is obviously the way to go especially now in the COVID 19 era. Online data collection makes it easy in data analysis as well. Some online data collection methods also have a facility, it saves time.

• Rapid SMS.
    The Rapid SMS is necessary to make it easy for you to keep track of the information, anytime, location, or latest information.
    Also, you can spread the word,
    The sites you set for the survey
    it is easy and to help with exploration
    You can format it extensively,
    You can link to google doc. to Gain, complete power,

• Digital data collection tools indeed provide an efficient means of data capturing, analysis and dissemination. However, depending on the kind of project and where it is operating, it is necessary to use manual records to confirm what is being captured. In the event that a digital gadget malfunctioned, manual records can be a basis of backup.

• In one of our programs, we have had to simultaneously work with both digital and paper-based records. The transitory period is still ongoing. At times, as you test one system, you may want to keep the status quo for a while as a backup plan. Implementing a half baked system can be direly detrimental to the quality and safety of your data.

• Digital methods of collecting data have become very popular in the last two decades. The reasons why are obvious: where previously, running a survey required hundreds of hours of recording, copying and organizing paper, teams with the right technology can now easily record survey data on smartphones.

However, even as more and more information is collected digitally, it is still worth considering whether digital data collection is the best option for your team. Let’s take a look at a few of the advantages and remaining concerns surrounding digital methods for data collection.

• Digital choice of data collection is very smart and competent.

• Before choosing a digital data tool you have to consider the cost, availability of resources such as light e.t.c and the skills of the individuals

• Digital choice as a mode for data collection is going to be popular with time as more people embrace the technology

• The expansion of technology has seen the introduction of digital choices of data collection that have become increasingly popular in the last two decades. Some advantages of this introduction are as follows:

1. Efficient data collection.
    2. Allows recording and sharing different data types.
    3. Easy data management as it effortlessly synchronize with digital databases.
    4. Data can be accessed by as many people as possible using the digital tool.
    5. Data can be easily analyzed and visualized directly in the data system.
  • Digital methods of data collection is easy to conduct and more effective than manual method. But before you make a decision to switch from manual to digital, you are required to make preparations.

• I concure with you.

• Yes it is important.

• Digital proliferation has forced many organization to begin shifting focus from manual data collection to digital methods of collecting data, the reasons why are obvious: where previously, running a survey required hundreds of hours of recording, copying and organizing paper, teams with the right technology can now easily record survey data on smartphones.

• Digital methods of collecting data have become very popular these days. The reasons are obvious: then before before, carrying out a survey required a lot of time and organization, digital and technology now make it easy to record data collection. However, even as more and more information is being collected digitally, it is still worth considering whether collecting digital data is the best option for your team.

• saudacooes, eu prefiro metodo de colheta digital, porque assim nao gasto o dobro do tempo

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.