Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• the ethical dilemma that this organization is facing dishonesty. I will support their decision when we consider that, revealing the source will exacerbate existing inequities, which might cause harm to the funder, organization and their entire staffs. But when it comes to honesty, I will not support them. it could be better to show the farmers the benefit of the program and reveal the true source of found.

H
    1 Reply
  • In this situation, I will take a look at what bad or good will happen if the donors are mentioned. I will support this decision if that is the only way the project will succeed. But honestly, in my opinion I will not support this decision because the donors are not directly implementing the project but we are, so that has to be clearly mentioned

• Honesty is not for everyone but must be a principle we are all willing to uphold in our personal and career lives

• This is well presented. However, some person's idea of honesty might differ from the overall understanding that most people have. It is definitely important to run through this careful with your team so that everyone is on the same page.

B
    J
    2 Replies
  • The lack of honesty on the one hand can be involuntary, as in the example given about how girls are advised. The problem is created by the generalization of the impact. The impact was on a school, what should happen is based on the experience of proposing the program for other areas of the country.

• Honesty wil help the M&E experts in my organization to give accurate data

B
    M
    2 Replies
  • In this situation, I will take a look at what bad or good will happen if the donors are mentioned. I will support this decision if that is the only way the project will succeed. But honestly, in my opinion I will not support this decision because the donors are not directly implementing the project but we are, so that has to be clearly mentioned

• Very interesting

• M & E professionals need to ensure at all times that they conduct their work honestly so that the results of their work is respected and also accepted by the stakeholders. This means that the data is collected, managed and presented in an honest and transparent way. In order to do this, the following need to be in constant check during the data processes. The data should be accurate and there should be evidence that it is accurate. Secondly , the strategy of data collection should be disclosed. This includes the methods used, the times or seasons when the data was collected including the sample. There should not be any room to doubt or discredit the data. Thirdly there should be disclosure of conflict of interest if there is any glimpse of that . For example how the results you are presenting with benefit or discredit your Organization. In conclusion honest in M & E should be a serious consideration all the time. Honest should be applied from data collection, analysis, interpretation to data use. Data accuracy, strategies used to collected the data and organizational or personal interest should made made transparent.

O
    1 Reply
  • Does that mean data from a supposed drug be withheld and not published for ever because the organization has a donor which has a connection with such drugs?

• Honesty is one of the ethical issues in data collection.
    During your data collection, you have to be honest enough with all range of stakeholders.

S
    1 Reply
  • The need to measure up to ethical principles and standards means that organisations working in development M&E will have to keep putting strong ethics at the heart of every project.
    In our day-to-day M&E practice we will face the need for honesty. It is about telling the truth to someone who has the right to know the truth. We are under obligation to tell the truth even when it might not be what we were expecting we would have to say. The concept of honesty urges an M&E professional not to lie, thereby ensuring the honesty and integrity of the entire evaluation process.
    Some ways M&E teams abide by the honesty principle are:
    Ensuring that the data they present is accurate,
    Ensuring that findings from their M&E are accurately represented,
    Sharing the limitations of their M&E strategies,
    Sharing any areas where they might have a personal or professional interest in a certain outcome.

B
    1 Reply
  • It is really interesting.

• Honesty is a key virtue in carrying out projects as it allows a clean and perfect picture of the subject under study to be presented. It keeps lies telling a way and gives room for truth to be unveiled and presented to the funders

• I think Stephy that honesty has only one definition and its all about painting a true picture of a situation. It can not be considered as a contextual word and it has been established from the explanation above that this virtue is key in project implementation and as project workers, we must uphold this virtue

F
    1 Reply
  • Honesty would prevent us from faking or "cooking" data as such painting the right picture from results gathered in project implementation

J
    1 Reply
  • Very succinct Mes-Diyan. Just to add that honesty breeds trust on the part of the funders and assures them that the results gathered and reported to them are true and not manufactured to lure them into pumping more money into a particular project

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.