Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community!-Sierra Leone

Welcome to the Sierra Leone community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

D
    M
    2 Replies
  • Welcome @josephgbao to the Sierra Leone community! Great to have you here.

Where in Sierra Leone do you live? What sort of work does CARE International do and what is your role?

J
    1 Reply
  • am Mag-Dan am a student, and as well an administrative assistant at the spread school of technology in sierra Leone i live in Freetown

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Welcome @josephgbao to the Sierra Leone community! Great to have you here.

Where in Sierra Leone do you live? What sort of work does CARE International do and what is your role?

I am in Freetown.
    CARE began work in Sierra Leone in 1961, initially focusing on school food programs to improve children’s nutrition. More recently, CARE Sierra Leone’s priorities have become economic development, food security and public health.

By understanding and addressing the underlying causes of poverty, we are focusing our efforts on long-term goals to help the people of Sierra Leone improve their livelihood.

• Course Facilitator

Hello All, I'm Sheku Alim Cawray. I lived and work in Sierra Leone. I was working with Innovation for Poverty Actions (IPa) on contract but my contracted ended 2015 during the Ebola Period. I'm presently working in the the business setting now for Bea's Group which is Situated at Regent.

• My name is Daniel Byrne. I am a Sierra Leonean, Staying and currently working in Sierra Leone. I work with Oxfam as a Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer attached to the Head Office in Freetown. My role in Oxfam is to support the country program's adherence to Oxfam's Common Approach to Monitoring Evaluation, Learning and Social Accountability Standards. Ont op of this, i also support other staff to implement an effective and result oriented program that builds foundation for Impact Achievement.

• @Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Welcome to the Sierra Leone community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

I am David Joseph Allieu, previously of Health For All Coalition but works with an Environment advocacy network called Civil Society Advocacy Network on Climate Change and the Environment Sierra Leone (CAN-SL), am the National Coordinator
    As an Activists, I believe in Health, Climate Change, Environment, Human Rights and Livelihood advocacy, and I stand by it.

Stay in Freetown, I join this community to help populate the interest of Philanthropy University and moreover, to help exchange more ideas, learn and share experience with members of this forum to help in improving effective service delivery for our people.

• I am Tommy Fillie a Sierra Leonean receding in Kenema and working for First International Bank s/l ltd

• Iam Jack sharty from Kenema
    Project officer at Handmaids Catholic sister and also a Laboratory technician.

• Hello my name is Ibrahim Sillah a student and am currently working with the Aberdeen student union as an organizing sect

• I am Imran Kamara from Freetown, Sierra Leone. I am a volunteer staff at Girls Empowerment Sierra Leone (GESL) providing support as a Finance Officer to our in-country operations.

I choose to be here because I believe we can network and share ideas to improve the status quo of mama Salone.

• Name: Morie Mustapha.

Address: 75 Lumley Road Freetown.

Organization: Action for Rural Development.

Position: Administrative Officer.

I join this university to contribute to national development.

• Hello everyone, i am fomba Sheriff currently working for Environment Protection Agency as the Regional Information Education and Communication officer for the Southern Region. My major role is to raise public awareness on prevailing environmental issues so as to change behavioral patterns to sustainable environmental practices that promote environmental sustainability whilst also educating the public on the work of the Agency. I am currently residing in Bo, the second capital. It is by wish to part of a community practice with like-minded individuals who desire to promote national development. Thank you..

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.