Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• administrators

Introduce yourself to the community!

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Malawi community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

J
    L
    2 Replies
  • Essentials%20of%20Nonprofit%20Strategy-PhilanthropyU-Strategy_000-1_1.0_20180402_20180527

Hi,

My name is Josip I am Malawian and unfortunately am not working but I do have a role to play in my community, I talk with youths and help them to develop skills to sustain their lives. That they should not totally depend on someone to be solution to their problems but that they can be part of the solution rather than of the problem. I chose to join this community because I want to learn from others how they reach out to people with their messages and resources.

1 Reply
  • Girl%20Centered%20Design-MercyCorps-GirlDesign_101-1_1.0_20180402_20180506

@jonjotailor said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi,

My name is Josip I am Malawian and unfortunately am not working but I do have a role to play in my community, I talk with youths and help them to develop skills to sustain their lives. That they should not totally depend on someone to be solution to their problems but that they can be part of the solution rather than of the problem. I chose to join this community because I want to learn from others how they reach out to people with their messages and resources.

Hi Josip,
    This is Tawina Jane. I am also from Malawi. Reading your post takes me to what I always tell young people that work is not always about money but sometimes it can be about serving your community, finding a purpose in life and doing your passion. That said, I know we all need to earn a living just like you encourage young people to do. I am hoping that by the end of this course, you will have found an opportunity to earn a living while serving your community. I have learnt from experience that that is more sustainable in the long run. Anyway, nice to meet you and I look forward to interacting with you during and after the course. Thanks!

J
    1 Reply

Hello team,
    My name if Tawina Jane. I work as Executive Director for Teams Advancing Women in Agriculture, a female youth-led community based organization in Dowa, Malawi. I have joined the 'Girl Centred Design' course for three reasons, namely, to learn new insights in girl-centred programming and implementation; to connect with like-minded people, and; to have a platform to reflect on my role as a female leader and set new goals that will help me to grow in my leadership capacity. Suffice to mention that I have a unique role where I mentor adolescent girls and young women and I think this course will help me to better understand needs of my mentees as beneficiaries, well, maybe partners. I look forward to learning and sharing. Thanks!

• Essentials%20of%20Nonprofit%20Strategy-PhilanthropyU-Strategy_000-1_1.0_20180402_20180527

@tawina said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi,

Hi Josip,
    This is Tawina Jane. I am also from Malawi. Reading your post takes me to what I always tell young people that work is not always about money but sometimes it can be about serving your community, finding a purpose in life and doing your passion. That said, I know we all need to earn a living just like you encourage young people to do. I am hoping that by the end of this course, you will have found an opportunity to earn a living while serving your community. I have learnt from experience that that is more sustainable in the long run. Anyway, nice to meet you and I look forward to interacting with you during and after the course. Thanks!

Hi Tawina, I would like to thank you for your word of encouragement. My participation in this course has been crippled by my studies at college as a result am lagging behind in submitting my assignments but am not giving up I will try to give my all and finish. I look forward to discussing a lot with you.
    Kind regards
    Josip.

1 Reply

@tawina said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi,

Hi Josip,

Hi Tawina, I would like to thank you for your word of encouragement. My participation in this course has been crippled by my studies at college as a result am lagging behind in submitting my assignments but am not giving up I will try to give my all and finish. I look forward to discussing a lot with you.
    Kind regards
    Josip.

Josip, keep going. I am in the same boat but I am not giving up. Hoping to use this weekend to catch up. What are you studying at college? Kind Regards, Tawina Jane

• Human%20Capital%20Strategy-Acumen-HumanCapital_101-1_1.0_20180416_20180527

Hi everyone, it makes me happy to know that there also people from Malawi studying here. My name is Mary Kanyika and I live and work in Kasungu. I am happy to meet all of you. Looking forward to interact with you all.

• Planning%20for%20Monitoring%20and%20Evaluation-FHI360-MonitoringEvaluation_101-1_1.0_20180416_20180527

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Malawi community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hi All, My name is Lumuli Mwakasungula. I live in Lilongwe, Malawi. I am currently working for Girl Effect Malawi as a production and networks assistant. Apart from working, i am an entrepreneur, i also work as a volunteer for various institutions/NGO's like Lake of stars Malawi, The Chisomo Idea just to mention a few. Thank you and looking forward to more interaction on this platform.

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.