Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community! -Jamaica

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Jamaica community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

A
    2 Replies
  • Hi Everyone,

I am Adrian. I am currently an urban beekeeper in Kingston. I am also trying to organize the start-up of NGO currently to tackle environmental and entrepreneurship issues. I choose to join the community to network with peers from the Caribbean region who are interested in the same field.

2 Replies
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the XXXX community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

My name is Emmanuel Virgillio Yusuf, from Nigeria. I am a Social Entrepreneur and the COO of Cynosure A-Cube Nig. Ltd. I am here to connect with potential donors.

1 Reply
  • @adrian said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi Everyone,

I am Adrian. I am currently an urban beekeeper in Kingston. I am also trying to organize the start-up of NGO currently to tackle environmental and entrepreneurship issues. I choose to join the community to network with peers from the Caribbean region who are interested in the same field.

Wonderful, as always, to have you here @Adrian . How has setting up your organization been going?

I encourage you to also check out the best practices post to share any useful resources you may know of with other Jamaican learners here :)

A
    1 Reply
  • @abok said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the XXXX community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

My name is Emmanuel Virgillio Yusuf, from Nigeria. I am a Social Entrepreneur and the COO of Cynosure A-Cube Nig. Ltd. I am here to connect with potential donors.

Hey Abok! Given that this is the community for learners from Jamaica, I encourage you to check out the Nigeria Community of Practice if you haven't already to get better acquainted with other Nigerian learners here.

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@adrian said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi Everyone,

Wonderful, as always, to have you here @Adrian . How has setting up your organization been going?

I encourage you to also check out the best practices post to share any useful resources you may know of with other Jamaican learners here :)

I have delayed the starting up but have developed some of tools under the brand for when i do register and launch and have done a few training under it recently.

• Hi Everyone:

I'm Diana , Founder and Director of the non profit start up NeurMinds International Limited.

Our Vision: To bridge the knowledge, informational and educational gap between self consciousness, dreams and aspirations and career goals with an objective to achieve youth self empowerment in an ever-changing global market place.

To learn more about us visit our facebook page: neurmindsinternational

1 Reply
  • @nminds said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi Everyone:

I'm Diana , Founder and Director of the non profit start up NeurMinds International Limited.

Our Vision: To bridge the knowledge, informational and educational gap between self consciousness, dreams and aspirations and career goals with an objective to achieve youth self empowerment in an ever-changing global market place.

To learn more about us visit our facebook page: neurmindsinternational

Welcome Diana ( @Nminds ), thank you for posting!

It is so great to hear about your role as Founder and Director of Neurminds International Limited. Could you tell us more about your organization? Are you based in Jamaica?

Feel free to post a URL to your website or Facebook page!

• Hi,

We are based in Portmore, Jamaica! Our facebook page is: Neurmindsinternational.
    Our website is currently under construction to be launch in mid October.

Thanks,

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Jamaica:

Hi everyone,

Greetings all...I truly hope that this board is still being used and monitored...I am based in Kingston and working through a few non profits here in Jamaica...
    GREENcamp an interactive hands -on day camp held in the summer for the last 10 years that encourages environmental awareness and teaches children strategies for sustainable living to help combat the effects of climate change. Our deepest desire is to empower youth to recognize their role as change agents and the impact that their daily choices they make at home school and in their communities can have on the Planet that we all share.

I have also partnered with Plant Jamaica since 2014 as a volunteer, project manager and education and training facilitator. We educate and train both teachers and students from a permaculture perspective and install food gardens in schools and communities across Jamaica.

I have also been a member of the Meatless Monday Jamaica board for the past year and look forward to our official launch later this year.

• Greetings...I truly hope that this board is still being used and monitored...I am based in Kingston and working through a few non profits here in Jamaica...
    GREENcamp an interactive hands -on day camp held in the summer for the last 10 years that encourages environmental awareness and teaches children strategies for sustainable living to help combat the effects of climate change. Our deepest desire is to empower youth to recognize their role as change agents and the impact that their daily choices they make at home school and in their communities can have on the Planet that we all share.

I have also partnered with Plant Jamaica since 2014 as a volunteer, project manager and education and training facilitator. We educate and train both teachers and students from a permaculture perspective and install food gardens in schools and communities across Jamaica.

I have also been a member of the Meatless Monday Jamaica board for the past year and look forward to our official launch later this year.

@adrian said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Jamaica:

Hi Everyone,

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.