Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community!

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Cambodia community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

L
    1 Reply
  • Welcome to the Cambodia Community of Practice @PaulHii! Can you share some about yourself and what you do? From your profile, it looks like you live in Malaysia. Do you have a professional or personal connection with Cambodia?

P
    1 Reply
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Welcome to the Cambodia Community of Practice @PaulHii! Can you share some about yourself and what you do? From your profile, it looks like you live in Malaysia. Do you have a professional or personal connection with Cambodia?

Hi Jason
    My name is Paul Hii from Kuching, Malaysia. I have retired from work/job. My involvement in Cambodia is through MCCC, a christian missionary group as well as Cambodia Community Development Organisation.
    Sincerely Paul

1 Reply
  • @paulhii said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Welcome to the Cambodia Community of Practice @PaulHii! Can you share some about yourself and what you do? From your profile, it looks like you live in Malaysia. Do you have a professional or personal connection with Cambodia?

Hi Jason
    My name is Paul Hii from Kuching, Malaysia. I have retired from work/job. My involvement in Cambodia is through MCCC, a christian missionary group as well as Cambodia Community Development Organisation.
    Sincerely Paul

Thanks for the introduction Paul!

For others here in the Cambodia community, can you share some more about your work? What does Cambodia Community Development Organisation do? What is your role? Where in Cambodia do you live?

• Hello Cambodian fellows!

I am Bonin. I am Cambodian living and working in Cambodia. I work for Indochina Starfish Foundation as an operation manager. My next 5 year plan is to start up an NGO to contribute an impact in education inclusion in Cambodia. Anyone has similar goal as mine please share your ideas or initiatives. Thanks.

1 Reply

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Cambodia community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hi everyone I'm Liz and although living in Singapore, I'm working in a social enterprise based in Cambodia to provide skills & empowerment to women who would otherwise struggle for survival. By teaching these ladies skills to make jewellery from re-used materials such as inner bike tubes, and selling them in other countries, these ladies are able to earn a salary, save money, purchase a property, and build a house thereby transforming their lives. We are in the process of turning this in to a for-profit social enterprise so that we can ultimately provide employment opportunities for more women. I'm interested in this group because I'm hoping to gain knowledge of best ways for Westerners to interact with Cambodians as the cultural difference is considerable. Thank you

1 Reply
  • @khaysambonin said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello Cambodian fellows!

I am Bonin. I am Cambodian living and working in Cambodia. I work for Indochina Starfish Foundation as an operation manager. My next 5 year plan is to start up an NGO to contribute an impact in education inclusion in Cambodia. Anyone has similar goal as mine please share your ideas or initiatives. Thanks.

Welcome Bonin! Great to have you here :) Can you share more with the community about what you do in you role as operations manager for the Indochina Starfish Foundation? What is the mission of the organization?

Also, if you have any great tools / resources / best practices that will be helpful to other CSOs in Cambodia, please make sure to share them in the best practices post :)

• @lizwullemsgriffioen said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone I'm Liz and although living in Singapore, I'm working in a social enterprise based in Cambodia to provide skills & empowerment to women who would otherwise struggle for survival. By teaching these ladies skills to make jewellery from re-used materials such as inner bike tubes, and selling them in other countries, these ladies are able to earn a salary, save money, purchase a property, and build a house thereby transforming their lives. We are in the process of turning this in to a for-profit social enterprise so that we can ultimately provide employment opportunities for more women. I'm interested in this group because I'm hoping to gain knowledge of best ways for Westerners to interact with Cambodians as the cultural difference is considerable. Thank you

Welcome Liz! Great to have you here. The organization you're working for sounds incredible - what is its name? Is there a website you can share? What's your role there?

Also, if you have any great tools / resources / best practices that will be helpful to other CSOs in Cambodia, please make sure to share them in the best practices post :)

L
    1 Reply

@lizwullemsgriffioen said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Welcome Liz! Great to have you here. The organization you're working for sounds incredible - what is its name? Is there a website you can share? What's your role there?

Thanks Jason. We are still in the process of setting up the 'customer-facing' materials such as website etc

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.