Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Training is the action of teaching a person a particular skill or type of behaviour

• Development is the process of developing, ongoing practice.

• Development is a process achieving maturity in an endeavor through intentional practice with a set of required tools

• Training could be geared towards a particular area, while development is encompassing. Development requires patience and tenacity

• I believe training is acquiring a set of skills that enable a higher level of proficiency at a given job or function while development is all encompassing, it touches on all aspects and areas of the persons being. Making him/her effective as against efficient.

• Training is ability to acquire skills and knowledge in various areas while development is the ability to put the acquired skills and knowledge into practice to achieve a better result.

• I believe in human resourcefulness, intelligence is the greatest toolkit for developments. It's the information you understood and applied through learning.

• The two concepts are just like the two sides of a coin: interconnected and interwoven, in which the absence of a side may or mar the performance of the other side.
    In a nutshell, Training can be seen as the stage where one acquires the necessary skills, knowledge even moral values in order to develop in one aspect/field or the other or even to get better performance at such.
    The development itself, is the manifestation of all the acquired skills or knowledge that are put into use or practice which as a result brings about growth, better yields,increased output and/or a great better performance compared to when one doesn't possess the skill or knowledge.

That's my submission.
    Thank you all.

• Training is a process of acquiring skills while development is the manifestation of the skills to be useful for the community,oneself or an organization.

• To the best of my knowledge, training looks at the immediate challenge and teach about the skill and knowledge for one to apply in an organization.
    While development identified the Gap and build up and achieve growth within a specific environment.

• @bgt4luv said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

Training is teaching, or developing in oneself or others, any skills and knowledge that relate to specific useful competencies. Training has specific goals of improving one's capability, capacity, productivity and performance.
    while development tends to keep closing identified gaps through a set of goals, objectives and strategies developed in order close the gap identified.

• Training consists of planned programme designed to improve performance at the individual, group, and /or organizational levels. Improved performance, in turn, implies that there have been measurable changes in knowledge, skills attitude, and/or social behavior

• To my own understanding,
    Training has to do with learning from a mentor or leader or teaching,instructing or showing you thru how they carry out a particular task while development has to do with application,the individual applying what he/she has been instructed or taught how to do in their personal life,

• To me, training basically has to do with teaching someone or a group of people a set of skills to prepare them for the performance of a particular task or Jon.. For example, companies sending their new staff on some months training in a particular area.
    Where's development can be seen as the overall maturity of a person as a result of trainings received and knowledge gathered. It's not restricted to just a particular task or job.
    Thank you.

B
    1 Reply
  • @OkpiduGrace said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

To me, training basically has to do with teaching someone or a group of people a set of skills to prepare them for the performance of a particular task or Jon.. For example, companies sending their new staff on some months training in a particular area.
    Where's development can be seen as the overall maturity of a person as a result of trainings received and knowledge gathered. It's not restricted to just a particular task or job.
    Thank you.

You are right. We should know that there would be no human development without training, because mostly it is through training that human beings develop.

• We can get development through one or all of this 3 processes:
    (1) Training
    (2)Mentoring
    (3)Coaching

B
    1 Reply
  • @BitrusItatuwaMadaki said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

We can get development through one or all of this 3 processes:
    (1) Training
    (2)Mentoring
    (3)Coaching

So we get training to develop.

With this, I can see development as increase in capacity, knowledge and skills.
    And training is a process of development.

B
    1 Reply
  • @BitrusItatuwaMadaki said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

@BitrusItatuwaMadaki said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

We can get development through one or all of this 3 processes:
    (1) Training
    (2)Mentoring
    (3)Coaching

So we get training to develop.

With this, I can see development as increase in capacity, knowledge and skills.
    And training is a process of development.

TRAINING is planned while DEVELOPMENT is strategic.

• Training can simply be explained as the act of knowing something either theoretical or in practical ways e.g like company or organization sending there staff for training to acquire more knowledge and skills.
    While Development is growing way beyond the level you are or been better than the level you were e. g after the training you have been upgraded, you have developed yourself.

• Training, to what I understand is teaching people on how a particular job is done while development is a process to know how that person achieved the training process

• Development is the product of training.

• Development is the aftermath of Training

• Training is a short-term process of acquiring a new set of skills to become a better you but development is a continuous process I.e it is long term.

• Abdulrasheedfoundation@

• list itemTraining is a period of acquiring skills or work force.While development are Stages complimenting what is learned, earned or Planned.
  • Training basically is a program or process that improves development. There must be training for development to come in place. Development is a continous process.

• Training and development are to an extent similar, just like monitoring and evaluation are similar. However, training is a subset of development, and development is just like a day-dream when it's void of training, while training without any development in mind will amount to a nightmare. In a nut shell, training is a sine-qua-non to development. A good example is an education system, the whole system (from elementary level to tertiary level) is a development process, while each of the level is a training that is targeted at an objective among the developmental objectives.

• An organization that fails to plan, is equally planning to fail.
    So, for an individual or organization to develop they need to plan both on tactical and strategical ways.

• Training to me is a process in which new skills or knowledge are acquired while development is an act of applying those skills or knowledge in capacity building

• Training and development are two different things entirely. Training is the cultivation or installation of a new act or program while development is the improvement of the act obtained through the training process.

NB: You need training for development to take place. Without training there's nothing to build. So they are both intertwined.

1. TRAINING is often a short-term, stop gap event which occurs in response to an immediate challenge or requirement and teaches knowledge or skills required by employees to efficiently perform their duties while DEVELOPMENT is a long-term continuous process which uses strategies put in place over months or years and are expected to yield results over a long period of time.
    2. The objectives of a TRAINING are often S.M.A.R.T(Specific,Measurable,Accurate, Realistic and Time bound) while the objectives of DEVELOPMENT often lack the S.M.A.R.T (Specific, Measurable, Accurate, Realistic and Time bound) qualities.
    3. TRAINING is often conducted by an organization to equip individuals with professional skills or education for job effectiveness while DEVELOPMENT is often a self-motivated and self-learning process which can then be monitored by an expert, tutor or mentor.
  • Well I think training is an event while development is a process.
    When an employee is trained, acquisition of certain knowledge and skills are expected of that employee after the train period.
    However,when an employee is undergoing development, the expected knowledge and skills are not acquired immediately, time is required for results to start showing and improvement is expected over time.

• Well, I think training I scheduled and time limited while development is a continuous process of advancement. You utilize your training to develop

• Re: To my own understanding training is an activity invent in order to unveil real potential of an individual and skills improvement, while Development is an outcome of any training, is a process, after training there will be mind shifting definitely you have new ideas, best way to achieve your employers or organization gaol. Training and development works together.

• activity invent in order to unveil real potential of an individual and skills improvement, while Development is an outcome of any training, is a process, after training there will be mind shifting definitely you have new ideas, best way to achieve your employers or organization gaol. Training and development works together.

• @bgt4luv said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

Re: As strategic planning is good for all organisation so also is human development. Let's discuss

Hello @bgt4luv

1. In Human Resource, training is usually a short term program designed to help employees learn specific knowledge or skills to improve performance in their current jobs.

2. Human Resource Development, on the other hand, is a continuous and long term process that creates growth and behavioral change in the employees. It is a framework for helping employees develop their personal and organizational skills including knowledge and ability for future performance rather than immediate roles. HRD can be formal as in classroom training or it can be informal as in organizational planned learning activities.

L
    1 Reply
  • @Aladi said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

@bgt4luv said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

Re: As strategic planning is good for all organisation so also is human development. Let's discuss

Hello @bgt4luv

1. In Human Resource, training is usually a short term program designed to help employees learn specific knowledge or skills to improve performance in their current jobs.

2. Human Resource Development, on the other hand, is a continuous and long term process that creates growth and behavioral change in the employees. It is a framework for helping employees develop their personal and organizational skills including knowledge and ability for future performance rather than immediate roles. HRD can be formal as in classroom training or it can be informal as in organizational planned learning activities.

Training I reckon is Specific knowledge shared ,time bound & immediate use or desired outcome.

However HRD is life long and continous

• Training is a program organized by the organization to develop knowledge and skills in the employees as per the requirement of the job. Conversely,

Development is an organized activity in which the manpower of the organization learn and grow; it is a self-assessment act.

• Training is a learning process For new employee in which they require to know the new skills require for the job. In other words, It is a short process say 3-6 months. While development is a Continius process, also a longterm one.

• Training is an organized learning program designed to develop demanding skills required for a better performance on job while Development is continuous learning process for advancement

• Training is a process of learning something new.
    Development is the growing of something till it becomes advanced.
    Training and development are processes
    Human resource training is a process whereby an employee is thought new skills for a particular period of time.
    Human resource development is a process where an employee grows in the skills inwhich he has learned by mostly continuous practice.

• The major differences between training and development are as under: Training is a learning process for new employees in which they get to know about the key skills required for the job. ... Training is a short-term process i.e. 3 to 6 months, but development is a continuous process, and so it is for the long term.

• Training is a short term learning process by which employees acquires and develop knowledge, skills and abilities required to improve their work performance while development is concerned with the overall educational process which is concerned with the growth of employees over a long period of time.

• Training is for mental enhancement on specific area(s) while Development engages both mental and physical aspect over time..

• Training is a program organized by the organization to develop knowledge and skills in the employees as per the requirement of the job. Conversely, Development is an organized activity in which the manpower of the organization learn and grow, training is a short term course whereas development is a long term process mainly for the high ranking employees.

• Training is mainly for new employees. It is the process the new employees undergo for them to know the key skills required for a particular job. Training is usually between the period of 3-6 months which means it's short term.
    On the other side, development is a long term process. It is the process in whicu an employee of a particular company put all effort for the company to grow.

• Training is mainly for new employees in an organization or form and usually for lower level managers. Training is given to new members of an organization in order to be able to attain a particular skill, build competence and know the technical know how of a job or profession.

While development is for those that are already on the job and usually for top level managers. Development helps employees who are already on the job to gain more experience, improve their skills and also help to aid better performance of personnel on the job.

• Training is a program organized by the organization to develop knowledge and skills in the employees as per the requirement of the job. Training is very essential to all employees in other to achieve the required goals for the job roles.

Development is an organized activity in which the manpower of the organization learn and grow; it is essential to get developed periodically in other to fit in for global recognition and innovations. P personal development is the key to innovation and achieving results in more advanced ways.

• Training is the act of acquiring a new skill in order to meet up with a given task in an organization. Training is always for new recruiters in an organization.

Development can be said to be improving on the knowledge of a a particular idea. This can also come in form of training for those already working in the organization.

• To my humble opinion, i will say "Training and Development" are two sides of a coin, hence they go together.
    Training is the acquisitions of new skills.
    Development is the process of improving skills ie to build on the already existence skills which has been acquire.

• From my understanding of both training and development;
    Training is a learning or educational process to improve work performance of employee/individual through learning by imparting specific skills or to develop additional skills.
    Development which is a continuous process is a learning opportunity designed to help employees grow not just in their skill set by also regarding general knowledge and understanding of operations and their attitude/personality. Development helps individuals prepare for future challenges in their place of work and even within them selves.

• Training is associated with the improvement in human skill to contribute to an organisation goal.While development is the result or positive outcome of the Training on an organisation growth, in otherwords the outcome of that skill set on an organisation.

• Training can be an act of impacting knowledge or any skill to achieved a specific goal or task.

Development is state of growth that occurred systematically.

• everyone has a common understanding.
    Training leads to development
    Training is capacity building
    Development is improvement in capacity either through training or mentoring.

• Training is the act of impacting knowledge or being impacted with knowledge.
    Development is growth or expansion in a particular area of knowledge.
    I will say training is been thought what you don't know while Development is Advancing on the knowledge you have already.

• In relation to training, an individual that is trained by his or her organisation is sure to be more productive in output and knowledge compared to non trained workers. A trained individual who benefits from the training, uses strategies to develop him/herself and influence others around them too.

• Training is a program or event organized by the company/organization to help employees develop the required skills and knowledge for their job while Development is an organized activity in which the employees and the manpower of the company/organization learn new skills and grow.

• To my knowledge, training is basically a short-termed acquisition and enhancement of new or already known skills while development is long termed, i.e it can be for a life time

B
    1 Reply
  • Training is a form of organising group of people it may be adult, or young group of people in order to give or pass information on to them, inform of skills and employment. Development is the act of putting the skills that was squared in the society.

• to my knowledge training is the act of showing a skills to someone on a within a short period of time , while developing is a way of building someone up to the task for a long period of time until the person understand the content

• Training is the process of learning the required skill and acquisition of knowledge that is needed to perform a particular assignment/job for the growth of the organisation.

Development has to do with the gradual growth of something (an org) so that it becomes more advanced and stronger. It could also mean the process of producing or creating something new. For one to be able to develop he/she must have gone through the required training steps that will qualify the individual; in order words training is a process of development.

• Training is the process of learning the required skill and acquisition of knowledge that is needed to perform a particular assignment/job for the growth of the organisation.

Development has to do with the gradual growth of firm so that it becomes more advanced and stronger. It could also mean the process of producing or creating something new. For one to be able to develop he/she must have gone through the required training steps that will qualify the individual; in order words training is a process of development

• Training is a learning process for new employees in which they get to know about the key skills required for the job. Development is the training process for the existing employees for their all round development.

• Development could be a product of training. Training enhances.

A
    1 Reply

Both activities aim at improving the performance, productivity, creativity of the employees. training is organized by the organization to develop knowledge and skills. Development is an organized activity in which the manpower of the organization learn and grow.

• @josephmbahdike said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

Development could be a product of training. Training enhances.

Training I will say is the process of imparting knowledge in an individual for better performance. While development is the end product of training. The prove that training has occurred or that training is effective is seen in development

E
    1 Reply
  • training might refer to a carefully designed event aimed at furnishing employees with skills or the very act of equipping employees with skills while development, which may entirely be the product of self effort or organisation induced, is the gradual continuous improvement of employee skills to increase efficiency and mastery.

• @adesinaolanrewaju said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

@josephmbahdike said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

Training I will say is the process of imparting knowledge in an individual for better performance. While development is the end product of training. The prove that training has occurred or that training is effective is seen in development

Training is a process of teaching and learning in a give subject area or profession. Training is needed from time intervals to enhance knowledge and development in a give field of endeavour. Adequate training leads to development in the given profession or field of endeavour. Without adequate training development will difficulty to achieve.

• Employees are efficient and effective if their skills are horned. Without necessary skills development, workers may remain unskilled and this would retard service delivery in the long run. Professional in specific areas tend to be highly productive and cost effective and this directly translate into development in areas they operate in.
    Thank you.

• The major differences between training and development are as under: Training is a learning process for new employees in which they get to know about the key skills required for the job. ... Training is a short-term process i.e. 3 to 6 months, but development is a continuous process, and so it is for the long term.

• Training is a process of undergoing learning and practice while development is a process of growth.

X
    1 Reply
  • Training to me is an event that provides skills ,abilities and knowledge that are focused on a specific outcome .The intent is a short term focus while development is a long term focus that prepares the intended trainee for future job skill or knowledge needs to increase their effectiveness in the organization.

X
    1 Reply
  • Training is gotten through sustained practice and instruction while
    Development is the process of developing or being developed.

• @adesinaolanrewaju said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

@josephmbahdike said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

I do totally agree with you.

Training is improving on a basic skill, while development is the continuous improvement on basic skill.

Training can be short term but development is a long term process.

• Training is the process one has to undergo in other to either acquire stills, no- how or special knowledge about a field of work, or study as to compete better.
    While Development has to do with the various steps or stages required to complete the process.

• @treyciet said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

Training is a process of undergoing learning and practice while development is a process of growth.

Very brief and summarized. I agree with you.

• @Tiwatope said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

Training to me is an event that provides skills ,abilities and knowledge that are focused on a specific outcome .The intent is a short term focus while development is a long term focus that prepares the intended trainee for future job skill or knowledge needs to increase their effectiveness in the organization.

I agree with you on the above.

2 Replies
  • @X10 said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

@Tiwatope said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

Training to me is an event that provides skills ,abilities and knowledge that are focused on a specific outcome .The intent is a short term focus while development is a long term focus that prepares the intended trainee for future job skill or knowledge needs to increase their effectiveness in the organization.

I agree with this statement. However, development can take place in various aspects of life endeavors without training, but every training is intended to bring about development in certain skills, competencies proficiency that enables the human resource to perform a certain piece of task or job function or use a particular technology.

• Development can occur at anytime and at some point we don't have control over certain development that occur in our environment. But skill is master key to which we unlock the key to our potential and attain unattainable heights.

• @X10 said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

@Tiwatope said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

very concise and Apt! it embodies all of this.

• Training is about knowing where you are in the present and after some time where will you reach with your abilities. Training can be offered as skill development for individuals and groups.
    Development is a process that “strives to build the capacity to achieve and sustain a new desired state that benefits self or the community and the world around them.

• @Itofa said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

@X10 said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

I very much agree with you.

• To my understanding both activities aim at improving the performance and productivity of the employees.
    Training is a program organized by the organization to develop knowledge and skills in the employees as per the requirement of the job. While, Development is an organized activity in which the manpower of the organization learn and grow; it is a self-assessment act.

• @TolaToye said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

We really can not separate training from development. To my understanding, development is the upscaling of human capacity through trainings and learning. So, one very vital way of development is through trainings. Training is capacity building through the impartation of knowledge and or technical know how.

I share your view

• Training is a program or workshop organized by organization or institution to develop knowledge and skills in the employees or trainees as per the requirement of the job or work employability.. Conversely, Development is an organized activity in which the manpower of the organization learn and grow; it is a self-assessment act of the Training. One could say the evaluation of the training overtime determined the development of the human resources (employees or trainees)

S
    1 Reply
  • I see training as the activities involved in the development and delivery of information needed to enable the trainee perform a specific task. Development represents a learning program design to build an individual so they could be better and assume greater role in their organization

B
    1 Reply
  • Training are the various programmes that are designed to make the necessary knowledge available to people. While development comes as a result of continuous training.

• Training to me, is the process of learning a new set of skill, while development is the enhancement of skills known already

• @Chysquare said in In Human Resource what are the Difference between training and development:

Training is a program or workshop organized by organization or institution to develop knowledge and skills in the employees or trainees as per the requirement of the job or work employability.. Conversely, Development is an organized activity in which the manpower of the organization learn and grow; it is a self-assessment act of the Training. One could say the evaluation of the training overtime determined the development of the human resources (employees or trainees)

Well presented. Concise and simple

• Training is the inductive process of learning and acquiring new skills by employees which is necessary for carrying out tasks and other responsibilities assigned to them by their employers while development is the updating and enhancement of of already acquired skills to enable the employees to scope with dynamic phenomenon that may be necessary for growth in the organisation.

• Training is a process of learning where by individuals or employees are been tutored on a particular skill which they might have but have no knowledge of putting in to practice or perhaps have been misusing it. Training is an act of acquiring skillful and systematic information which helps an individual in a particular field of study or area of Target in other to achieve positive result, development and growth.
    While development on the other hand is the process of growing unto maturity with the aid of putting to positive use all skills and training already acquired in expanding the organization and also improve standards.

• Training is a process of learning and acquiring new skills mostly by newly employed employees and middle level employees in an organization while development is the process of learning strategies by the top management in an organization

• Training in human resource is a short term process of learning for new employees, whereby skills required are developed in respect to the job. Development is a long term and ongoing process.

• Training is the action of teaching a person or animal a particular skill or type of behaviour while Development is a process that creates growth, progress, positive change or the addition of physical, economic, environmental, social and demographic components.

• Training is the action of teaching a person or animal a particular skill or type of behaviour while Development is a process that creates growth, progress, positive change or the addition of physical, economic, environmental, social and demographic components.

• Training is a learning process for new employees in which they acquire knowledge and skills required for effective performance on the job. Training is usually a short-term process I.e 3 to 6 months, or thereabout while development can be considered as the process of growth which the company attains as a result of the training rendered to enhance staff performance and productivity. Development is a continuous process, and is usually long term.

B
    1 Reply
  • Training is the act of acquiring knowledge that's needed for next level while Development is a step step process of experience growth to become better choice field like building self up.

• Training is the act of acquiring knowledge that's needed for next level while Development is a step step process of experience growth to become better choice field like building self up.

• Training is define as the process of acquiring profession while development is the result of the training mean while is the step taken after achieving a target.

• Training is the act of mastering a skill through making of eforts

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.