Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• The organization I would like to work for is sennychi finance currently the lift they are trying to achieve is helping low income earners and financially unstable individuals to become financially stable through teachings and encouraging thrift savings

• @Simaethuta said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

Our lift at Xivono eThuta is to increase the reading levels of primary students in township communities

HI xivono ethuta am sure with the application of the nine frame work, it should be able to help your organization reach the peak and create more impact

• I would like to improve on the mindset of the school community about solid waste segregation because this is a big issue that left unnoticed. As individual we have our own opinion about waste problems but it becomes stagnant, since it works only on verbal a mere concept to explain and emphasize but the action towards how this problem be solved is still not yet materialized. The mutual support from its stakeholders are the big solutions to the problem.

• I would like to improve on the mindset of the school community about solid waste segregation because this is a big issue that left unnoticed. As individual we have our own opinion about waste problems but it becomes stagnant, since it works only on verbal a mere concept to explain and emphasize but the action towards how this problem be solved is still not yet materialized. The mutual support from its stakeholders are the big solutions to the problem.

• @Course_Operations said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

In Module 1, you learned about the nine-part framework and lift. Lift, the amount of improvement that you create in the lives of your beneficiaries, is a crucial element of success for social impact work.

In a discussion post below, please respond to the following question:

Think about your organization or an organization that you would like to work for. What lift is your organization achieving or trying to achieve?

After responding, please reply to at least one other learner and respond to their ideas.

You're doing good with being precise !

• Birth Sent Lisi's lift is to increase positive birth experiences and outcomes for Saint Lucian families.

• @Course_Operations said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

What lift is your organization achieving or trying to achieve?

My organisation is working to enhance youth participation to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals.

• @Anabella said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

We want to reach youth before they go to college, so they can be sure what carreer to choose that will help them develop their habilities to serve and influence their society.

I like your idea and the lift your are trying to reach is topical in my country. lots of young people are studying thematics at University because their parents wanted them to study that thematic. They should get a chance to be awared of all the possibilities they have after high school diploma and they should be free to choose the thematic that captures their attention or the thematic they really want to study.

• @Christy75 said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

In our organization we help the poorest among the poor families and also those belonging in the poverty line achieve financial independence by engaging them to a livelihood program and educating them how to save for their future.

Working in a poverty r

M
    1 Reply
  • @MabelAyisi said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

@Christy75 said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

In our organization we help the poorest among the poor families and also those belonging in the poverty line achieve financial independence by engaging them to a livelihood program and educating them how to save for their future.

Working with the poor is big area and i must commend your organisation for the work they are doing
    for the activity area you can also measure the impact by number of people with improved livelihood skills
    and percentage of increased income
    another impact measure could be number of trained people utilising their skills be starting new businesses

• To train as many youths with scarce resources in agri-education to assure best practices and solutions for current and future generations.

• In my organisation what we are t

• Our organisation is dealing with an area where rural people do not care of reporting birth of their children in the civil status department of the town hall.
    Our lift is to give everyone especially these rural people, the chance to have a birth certificate, an official identity, a proof of existence.
    We are pleased to see an increase in the aveage of reporting births, especially of rural people.

• Our organisation is dealing with an area where rural people do not care of reporting birth of their children in the civil status department of the town hall.
    Our lift is to give everyone especially these rural people, the chance to have a birth certificate, an official identity, a proof of existence.
    We are pleased to see an increase in the aveage of reporting births, especially of rural people.

A
    1 Reply

After responding, please reply to at least one other learner and respond to their ideas.

The organisation I'm involved in, the Women Entrepreneurship Facilitation Network (WEFN), is striving to bring marginalised women with low literacy into entrepreneurship.

• @dougsilue said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

Our organisation is dealing with an area where rural people do not care of reporting birth of their children in the civil status department of the town hall.

Hy Doug. This issue is quite pertinent as it also prevails in urban areas in my country. I will be glad to follow you in the course of your project, to see how it can help those involved in reducing that gap in highly affected areas in my place.

1 Reply

In Module 1, you learned about the nine-part framework and lift. Lift, the amount of improvement that you create in the lives of your beneficiaries, is a crucial element of success for social impact work.

In a discussion post below, please respond to the following question:

Think about your organization or an organization that you would like to work for. What lift is your organization achieving or trying to achieve?

**After responding, please reply to at least one other learner and respond to their i

My organization which is an agric-tech organization teaches youth on how to leverage on technologies like the use of drones to achieve productivity on their farms[link text](link url)

• The lift that my organization is trying to achieve is the ability to support the students with scholarships and the university with funding. Currently, we have created a philanthropic institution to educate philanthropy professionals.

J
    1 Reply
  • Are there some criteria for selecting students to support or can any student apply ?

• However, it seemed that Countrywide was mostly interested in delivering commissions and profits to the company by financing high-risk mortgages to unqualified borrowers. When the housing market collapsed, borrowers defaulted on their high-interest loans and the company fell apart. Countrywide faced a flood of lawsuits charging it had used deceptive practices to entice people into loans they could not afford. Mozilo, the CEO, was charged with insider trading and is now banned from serving as an officer or director of a public company. The company was sold to Bank of America in 2008.

The vision, mission, and values statements guide the behaviors of people in the organization. But when the statements are not supported, people have no guidance. Do you think Mozilo and Sambol supported the stated mission of Countrywide? Do you think people in Countrywide were guided by the mission? If people in the firm were guided by the mission, they could have corrected even the CEO. Then Countrywide might have avoided disaster. Let’s explore the roles of the mission, vision, and values statements in an organization

• However, it seemed that Countrywide was mostly interested in delivering commissions and profits to the company by financing high-risk mortgages to unqualified borrowers. When the housing market collapsed, borrowers defaulted on their high-interest loans and the company fell apart. Countrywide faced a flood of lawsuits charging it had used deceptive practices to entice people into loans they could not afford. Mozilo, the CEO, was charged with insider trading and is now banned from serving as an officer or director of a public company. The company was sold to Bank of America in 2008.

The vision, mission, and values statements guide the behaviors of people in the organization. But when the statements are not supported, people have no guidance. Do you think Mozilo and Sambol supported the stated mission of Countrywide? Do you think people in Countrywide were guided by the mission? If people in the firm were guided by the mission, they could have corrected even the CEO. Then Countrywide might have avoided disaster. Let’s explore the roles of the mission, vision, and values statements in an organization

• May 2019: All four NorthShore hospitals again receive grades of “A” in new ratings from The Leapfrog Group, a national organization that focuses on quality and safety in American health care. The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade uses 28 measures of publicly available hospital safety data to assign grades to more than 2,600 U.S. hospitals twice per year.
    April 2019: All four NorthShore hospitals received the ‘GreenHealth Emerald’ award from Practice GreenHealth, the nation’s leading organization dedicated to environmental sustainability in healthcare. The Emerald Award recognizes hospitals that are focused on advanced sustainability programs and that earn exemplary scores in a range of categories. NorthShore hospitals were also honored with the GreenHealth ‘System for Change’ award, which recognizes health systems that are working cohesively to set systemwide sustainability goals, track performance data, and support intra organizational learning and implementation within their institutions.
    March 2019: NorthShore is recognized as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® and a Top 15 Major Teaching Hospital by IBM Watson Health, formerly Truven Health Analytics, a leading provider of data-driven analytics and solutions to improve the cost and quality of healthcare. NorthShore is the only hospital in the U.S. to achieve this honor 20 times during the award's 26-year history.
    February 2019: NorthShore hospitals were named to the Healthgrades America’s Best Hospitals list. NorthShore was listed among the 250 Best Hospitals™, recognized for being among the top 5% of hospitals nationwide for clinical excellence. Such hospitals demonstrate superior clinical outcomes across the majority of common inpatient conditions and procedures, according to Healthgrades.
    January 2019: NorthShore’s Cardiovascular Institute was named a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care at both Evanston and Highland Park Hospitals. The important recognition from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois reflects demonstrated expertise in quality care and better patient outcomes. Evanston Hospital was recognized as a Blue Distinction Center+, while Highland Park Hospital received the Blue Distinction Center honor.

• Course Facilitator

proper sexual reproductive health education for girls in the rural environment

• Course Facilitator

proper sexual reproductive health education for girls in rural environment

• Course Facilitator

• Course Facilitator

proper sexual reproductive health for girls in rural environment

• Course Facilitator

C
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@AmandaCJMaterre said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

The lift that my organization is trying to achieve is the ability to support the students with scholarships and the university with funding. Currently, we have created a philanthropic institution to educate philanthropy professionals.

Good lift

• We transform organizations so they can change lifes and create value. Our lift and its measure are more beneficiaries and more funds.

• @jeremiahnkwocha said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

I would like to know which would be the measure of your success, for example: decrease in unwanted pregnancies among rural girls.

J
    2 Replies
  • @AFIntegrated said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

@dougsilue said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

Our organisation is dealing with an area where rural people do not care of reporting birth of their children in the civil status department of the town hall.

Hy Doug. This issue is quite pertinent as it also prevails in urban areas in my country. I will be glad to follow you in the course of your project, to see how it can help those involved in reducing that gap in highly affected areas in my place.

In developing countries, the majority of the population is rural and for various reasons people do not have access to public services. In the same way from father to son, many people are illiterate and don't care about having an identity card.
    The aim of our organisation is to bring an end to this fact because it has a lot of drawbacks.

• The monitoring and evaluation standards in my organisation provide simple and effective ways to ensure that the measurement of impact is simple and provides room for deeper insight into the providing scalability, cost efficiency an sustainability. This is what I think defines the strength of the programmes implemented.

• I work with National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons. Our mission is to improve the lives of our persons of concern, these are refugees, migrants and internally displaced persons in Nigeria.
    with regards to LIFT, our agency has improved the living condition of Persons of Concern (PoCs) by providing them with relief materials such as food and cloths. Also, we provide training in various skills to enable the PoCs become financially independent such as tailoring, barbering, weaving, tie and dye among others. They are also given starter packs which will assist them to start their own business.
    Available records revealed that more than 6000 PoCs have benefited in 2018. However, there are more vulnerable that are yet to be reached. It is quite difficult if not impossible to reach out to all our PoCs, but, with the help of our profiling of PoCs, we are able to select the most vulnerable which are mostly pregnant women, children, disabled and the aged.
    The organization is keeping tract of the beneficiaries to monitor their progress and further assistance and training are provided for them. The project has been a huge success within the limited funds.

• Course Facilitator

Just like you rightly said some of our measures for success include decrease in teenage pregnancies, healthy lifestyles among the teenage girls in the rural environments and a positive self esteem as a girl child.

• Course Facilitator

@CatalinaJimenezSanchez said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

@jeremiahnkwocha said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

I would like to know which would be the measure of your success, for example: decrease in unwanted pregnancies among rural girls.

@CatalinaJimenezSanchez said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

@jeremiahnkwocha said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

Just like you rightly said some of our measures for success include decrease in teenage pregnancies, healthy lifestyles among the teenage girls in the rural environments and a positive self esteem as a girl child.

• my organisation will be aimed at increasing access tp primary education for kids in Cameroon

A
    1 Reply
  • My organisation empowers the teen mothers and the girl child. We help both teen mothers and the girl child get back to school and fulfil their studies and train them in entrepreneurship.

• My organisation empowers the teen mothers. Helping themgetting back to school and access education and fulfil their studies ,we train them in entrepreneurship so that they will be able to thrive independently and be self sufficient.

• My organisation empowers teen mothers accessing education and fulfil their studies and train then in entrepreneurship so that they will be able to thrive independently and be self sufficient.

U
    1 Reply
  • @habi_chou said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

my organisation will be aimed at increasing access tp primary education for kids in Cameroon

Education is the key and its good that your organisation is contributing towards future of these kids and impacting their lives

• My organizations lift is knowledge equity, which means sharing and making educational content available to all free of charge.

• @AyonnaKays said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

My organisation empowers teen mothers accessing education and fulfil their studies and train then in entrepreneurship so that they will be able to thrive independently and be self sufficient.

This is a good lift! Empowerment of single vulnerable mothers alleviates poverty.

B
    1 Reply
  • Reach means that how many beneficiaries your program reach out to.

• Jumpstarter Crowdfunding is a Reward-based crowdfunding website for users in South Africa. We assist For-Profit and Charity projects to achieve success!

• my organization is trying to minimize the high rate of poverty in the communities that they are servicing by providing food parcels to community members, school uniform to under privileged learners and technical skills to change agents

• @uzozurumba said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

@AyonnaKays said in Module 1: Introduction to the nine-part framework and lift:

My organisation empowers teen mothers accessing education and fulfil their studies and train then in entrepreneurship so that they will be able to thrive independently and be self sufficient.

This is a good lift! Empowerment of single vulnerable mothers alleviates poverty.

wow that is great at least the young women will be empowered and be able to be independent

• Our organization is into rehabilitation and protection of our watersheds. With the presence of farmers in the watershed areas, we aim to increase their knowledge on agro-forestry farming system to protect the the river basin from and increase their farm income at the same time.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.