Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• @Exquisite419 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@Exquisite419 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@johnrhinoresource said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello Learners,

Welcome to the course discussion board!

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning! :D

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from?
      My name is **
      Abdulsalam salam, I am joining from oyo state, Nigeria.![alt abdulsalam](image url)
    1. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
      No, am still a student, but I wish to learn from philanthropy university
    2. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
      I want to learn how to raise fund to grow my ICT related business and also to learn from my team. I wish to meet fund raising organisations and helpful individuals to my business and reduce the anxiety.
    1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

Yes, I am interested in joining a team to learn.

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
      No I dont
    E
    1 Reply
  • @Exquisite419 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@Exquisite419 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@johnrhinoresource said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello Learners,

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

My name is **
      Abdulsalam salam, I am joining from oyo state, Nigeria.![alt abdulsalam](image url)
    1. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
      No, am still a student, but I wish to learn from philanthropy university
    2. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
      I want to learn how to raise fund to grow my ICT related business and also to learn from my team. I wish to meet fund raising organisations and helpful individuals to my business and reduce the anxiety.
    1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

Yes, I am interested in joining a team to learn.

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
      No I dont
  • My name is Grace Bereiweriso, I'm from Nigeria and I work at Septagus Consulting.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

Hello Everyone!
    If you have any issues to submit your assignments or any questions related to the course.

Please ask the questions in the section "Do you have any issues". You can contact me in private too.
    I'm happy to see so many motivated learners here.

• Course Facilitator

hey @johnkelvinhove ,thanks for introducing yourself,what are some of the specific skills do you plan on building on?

• @Silvanceherodian07 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Silvance Herodiana Umalan is my name, am from Indonesia.

Hi Silvance..I am also from Indonesia. I am with DIAN NGO in Payakumbuh. Welcome..

• Course Facilitator

hey @johnkelvinhove ,thanks for introducing yourself,what are some of the social needs would you like to solve in your community in future?and how do you think going through this course will help you prepare for that?

• Course Facilitator

hey @Gracie234 ,thanks for introducing yourself, what is your learning objectives on this course? and how do you think by achieving them will help you in your work?

• Course Facilitator

hey @LornaCastilloDungao !thanks for introducing yourself is your church involved in any community development programs ? who are the beneficiaries?

• Course Facilitator

hey @Bilalyousaf ,nice to hear about the good work that you are doing,what are some the fundraising challenges do you face

• Hello all,
    My name is Wuraola Olaifa from Nigeria. I am the the coordinator for Intervention for science Education foundation (an NGO) where our basic goal is to increase interest in science Education among young people. I am also a member of the board of trustees. I hope to learn about fundraising and hopefully connect to donors.
    I am open to joining a team from and I have some experience.

D
    1 Reply
  • @QasimKhan said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hi everyone, my name is Mohammad Qasim and l am joining from New Delhi, İndia.
    I am the Treasurer of an NGO ZAHRA FOUNDATION in New Delhi, India. My goal is to gain skills that could help my group to raise funds for their programs and projects.
    I love to work in teams because l believe together everyone achieves more.

Hello, What is your NGO about?

• Hello, I love what you are doing. Can we form a team with some other people?

• My name is Natalia and I am from Colombia. I created my own non-profit organization and I have been having truble starting as I have no funds to make it work yet. I am the director of my organization, and I am incharged of fundraising and projects proposals. I have some friends welling to start working as volunteers, but we haven't started operations yet.
    Through this course I want to learn how to build good relations with donors, and learn what I need to start making mi organization work.
    I am also opened to join a team. I have no experience on the topic so I am willing to learn a lot!

M
    1 Reply
  • Kusinu Michael is my name. I am joining from Lagos, Nigeria. I enrolled for this course to gave broader understanding of what fund raising is all about and to be able to apply it in my organization, Achievers Place. I would like to join a team.

• I have just a little experience on fund raising and its all about getting friends to support the activities of the organization. I feel to make a greater impact I have to go a step further.

• @NataliaPelaez said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

My name is Natalia and I am from Colombia. I created my own non-profit organization and I have been having truble starting as I have no funds to make it work yet. I am the director of my organization, and I am incharged of fundraising and projects proposals. I have some friends welling to start working as volunteers, but we haven't started operations yet.
    Through this course I want to learn how to build good relations with donors, and learn what I need to start making mi organization work.
    I am also opened to join a team. I have no experience on the topic so I am willing to learn a lot!

Hello Natalia. It's good you registered for this course. I look forward to seeing you successful in your vision as a result of taking this course. You are welcome.

D
    1 Reply
  • @Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello Learners,

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

Hello, My name is Precious, I'm from Nigeria. Currently I am not with any organization but I hope to work with one in no time. I am happy to take this course. The only experience I have got in this course is from the Introduction to fund raising which ended last week. I look forward to explore this course and learn more. Although I am starting today, I hope I will be able to meet up. Thank you.

• Hi Guys, I am Gbenga from Lagos.

• My name is Amy and I hail from Trinidad and Tobago.
    Just recently graduated.
    My goals are to learn as much as I can and hopefully use it wherever I go next.
    Not interested in joining a team at the moment.
    I have a little to no experience within this field.

• @Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

my name is muhammad ibrahim ,i come from indonesia ,i'm 18 years old, i started my social project 6 month ago .I still confusing about whyis my social project's progress took a long time to growing?.lucklky i seen the ads of philanthrophy universities in my facebook. i hope i could learn many thing's about fundraising strategy ,management strategy and of course a leadership skill .My goals on this forum is "I can learn 30 course till the end of this yyear
    ".

• My name is Priviledge Tafirei, originally from Zimbabwe but currently studying in Capetown. While in Zimbabwe l was working with FOCUS Zimbabwe an organisation that works with student in tertiary institutions and am hoping to go back after studies and work full time with FOCUS.

• Hello, lovely people,
    My name is Maverick kaiser, from Ghana-West Africa. I am here to learn to make start-up company effective and efficient.
    I hope to enjoy these moment with you all.

1 Reply
  • @Maverick said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello, lovely people,
    My name is Maverick kaiser, from Ghana-West Africa. I am here to learn to make start-up company effective and efficient.> I hope to enjoy these moment with you all.

my start-up company

• Course Facilitator

Good morning, Cindy Koen here from South Africa. Recently started a organisation and keen on learning some new tricks!!!

• @johnkelvinhove said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

John Kelvin Hove is my name. I come from Zimbabwe. At the moment am studying Development Studies (BA). My goals for this course to understand how to deal and conect with donors, how to source funds from donors and being able to account to donor funding. I am interested in joining a team. Latsly I don't have any expertise related to this course.

Hello John. You are welcome. I am also from Zimbabwe its lovely to met you here.

• My name is lona Mteyiwa am from Harare,Zimbabwe. I am the Founder/CEO of AyonnaKays Foundation and my goal is to gain knowledge on how to connect with donors so that l will be able to source funds for my organisation. I am interested in a team and l do not have any experience related to this course.

• Hello everyone!

My name is Adebusola Adebayo and I am joining in from Port Harcourt, Nigeria. I just founded a non-profit organisation; DAEI Foundation with an aim to join the cause of eradicating childhood malnutrition. I am excited to take this course on fundraising: connecting with donors so I can acquire the necessary skills that will aid my organisation to be better positioned to get donors to fund our projects. I would love to join a team because this will be a good opportunity to brainstorm, exchange ideas and find the best solution. I have zero experience in fundraising and I look forward to learning and networking with as many people as possible.

Kind Regards.

• Hello everyone!

My name is Adebusola Adebayo and I am joining in from Port Harcourt, Nigeria. I just founded a non-profit organisation; DAEI Foundation with an aim to join the cause of eradicating childhood malnutrition. I am excited to take this course on fundraising: connecting with donors so I can acquire the necessary skills that will aid my organisation to be better positioned to get donors to fund our projects. I would love to join a team because this will be a good opportunity to brainstorm, exchange ideas and find the best solution. I have zero experience in fundraising and I look forward to learning and networking with as many people as possible.

Kind Regards.

• @Oladiporh said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

My name is Sunday. I'm from Nigeria. I'm currently working on establishing my own NGO. My aim is getting adequate knowledge on running an NGO. How to connect with donors, source for fund and also accountability. I'm interested in joining a team.

Hello Sunday, great introduction. I am also currently working on establishing my own NGO. Do you know what your NGO will be focusing on yet? Hope we can network and help each other realise our dreams.

O
    1 Reply
  • My name is Rebecca Greenall and I'm Service Coordinator at The International School of Azerbaijan.
    We are hoping to run some fundraising events next year so I would love to learn more about connecting with donors. My experience in this area is limited.

• @MistyS said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hi! My name is Misty and I am joining from Torrance, CA USA.

I am a development associate for the non profit Pediatric Therapy Network. I plan on strengthening and expanding my knowledge in fundraising, to hopefully apply it to my daily work with donors! I would love to join and connect with a team for this course. I have been working in fundraising for 2 years now, and hope this will encourage me to be more confident in my roll on my development fundraising team.

Hi Misty, I just joined the course and am looking for a partner for the listening exercise. Have you already found someone? My parents live in Torrance, so it seemed like a sign:) Diana

• My name in Diana Kutlow, and I am the Director of Development for Hands of Peace. As an interfaith organization, we bring together Israeli, Palestinian and American youth to raise their voices as leaders of change through the power of dialogue.

My goals for the course are to practice donor interaction skills and overcome the tendency to move too quickly to an ask.

I am interested in joining a team, particularly with anyone in the Middle East, and I started a Team Middle East in the hopes that others will join me there. I'm also happy to practice with other who don't have a team

In terms of experience, I have been doing development work for many year, including 4 years as Dir. of Development, but I can always learn more. My biggest challenge has been moving people up who seem like they could be doing more.

• @MichaelKusinu said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@NataliaPelaez said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

My name is Natalia and I am from Colombia. I created my own non-profit organization and I have been having truble starting as I have no funds to make it work yet. I am the director of my organization, and I am incharged of fundraising and projects proposals. I have some friends welling to start working as volunteers, but we haven't started operations yet.

Hello Natalia. It's good you registered for this course. I look forward to seeing you successful in your vision as a result of taking this course. You are welcome.

HI Natalia, I'm curious as to why you started your own organization rather than partnering or supporting one that is already in place. Getting funding for new nonprofits is very challenging, but very doable if you can be patient and let it grow slowly.
    Diana

• @WuraolaOlaifa said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello all,
    My name is Wuraola Olaifa from Nigeria. I am the the coordinator for Intervention for science Education foundation (an NGO) where our basic goal is to increase interest in science Education among young people. I am also a member of the board of trustees. I hope to learn about fundraising and hopefully connect to donors.
    I am open to joining a team from and I have some experience.

Hello Wuraola,
    In Nigeria, are Board members typically involved in fundraising or do they mostly focus on strategy and program development ? Are there other Board members who could mentor you in fundraising? Diana

Hello Learners,

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

Hello there,
    I am Joy Ozoko from Nigeria. Currently I am not working for any organization, my goals for taking the course is self development as on the future I would like to start up an organization. I would love to join a team and learn as much as possible. I am not experienced in the Field.
    I am so excited

• Kusinu Michael is my name from Nigeria. I registered for this course as I see it as a strong ground for my mission in Life. I am currently working on an NGO - Achievers' Place Int'l and I hope to impact the world positively with the knowledge I'll get here.

• Joy Ozoko you are welcome. I am also not experienced. I sure hope it would be a great experience!

• My Name is Mohammad Omar MAJEEDI and I am one of the founders of Afghan Organization for Migration – AOM and want to gain more skills in fundraising, I have already completed the Introduction to Fundraising, where I found the seven myths of fundraising very interesting and will be looking forward to gaining more from this course. Best of luck to me and the rest of the course participants.

M
    1 Reply
  • @omajeedi said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

My Name is Mohammad Omar MAJEEDI and I am one of the founders of Afghan Organization for Migration – AOM and want to gain more skills in fundraising, I have already completed the Introduction to Fundraising, where I found the seven myths of fundraising very interesting and will be looking forward to gaining more from this course. Best of luck to me and the rest of the course participants.

Hello Mohammad nice meeting you

• Hello Michael welcome

• My name's Solomon Johnson, a Nigerian with a compassionate heart to reach out to disadvantaged children, youth and families.
    I'm joining in this class because I have little knowledge with connecting with donors. Perhaps only those I know.
    I hope to learn new ways of connecting with donors.
    Thank you.

• I am PIBOWEI Wonders Ebimotimimowei, an Educational Consultant and Non Executive Director with Success Palace Academy (Port-Harcourt, Nigeria). I am a LinkedIn Talent Solution Expert, Financial Services Innovator, and Digital Transformation Expert passionate about profit for the people. I am committed to moulding African knowledge economy and shaping African fortune experience through public good execution. I am very excited to join this program and to hear your problems, with hope that you are one solution away just like me. GET GLOBAL and LAUNCH LOCAL

• I am PIBOWEI Wonders Ebimotimimowei, an Educational Consultant and Non Executive Director with Success Palace Academy (Port-Harcourt, Nigeria). I am a LinkedIn Talent Solution Expert, Financial Services Innovator, and Digital Transformation Expert passionate about profit for the people. I am committed to moulding African knowledge economy and shaping African fortune experience through public good execution. I am very excited to join this program and to hear your problems, with hope that you are one solution away just like me. GET GLOBAL and LAUNCH LOCAL

• @Bussiemi said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@Oladiporh said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

My name is Sunday. I'm from Nigeria. I'm currently working on establishing my own NGO. My aim is getting adequate knowledge on running an NGO. How to connect with donors, source for fund and also accountability. I'm interested in joining a team.

Hello Sunday, great introduction. I am also currently working on establishing my own NGO. Do you know what your NGO will be focusing on yet? Hope we can network and help each other realise our dreams.

@Bussiemi .Sure I have a focus and definite direction i want to channel my passion towards. I would love we collaborate and build a network together.

• Hello,
    I'm Aude, live in Berlin, Germany. I'm interested in empowerment through art and culture, addressed to isolated people in urban centers. My project is to create an inclusive community where to learn how to collaborate on projects and about philanthropy. I personally come both from the arts administration and corporate communication and wish to use these backgrounds, together with the past year e-training in social entrepreneurship, to start this new project. I am at the very first step of it and wish to learn how to create meaningful and active relationships with donors.
    I did follow the previous course about the basics of fundraising, but I unfortunately didn't post on time my results. I also followed a +Acumen course last year about "Networking Leadership" which shared a clear vision about active relationship building.
    Also because I'm stepping in late, I will try to follow this course solo.
    But would be very happy to exchange with you on this forum!

• @Aude123 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello,
    I'm Aude, live in Berlin, Germany. I'm interested in empowerment through art and culture, addressed to isolated people in urban centers. My project is to create an inclusive community where to learn how to collaborate on projects and about philanthropy. I personally come both from the arts administration and corporate communication and wish to use these backgrounds, together with the past year e-training in social entrepreneurship, to start this new project. I am at the very first step of it and wish to learn how to create meaningful and active relationships with donors.
    I did follow the previous course about the basics of fundraising, but I unfortunately didn't post on time my results. I also followed a +Acumen course last year about "Networking Leadership" which shared a clear vision about active relationship building.
    Also because I'm stepping in late, I will try to follow this course solo.
    But would be very happy to exchange with you on this forum!

Hello Learners,

My names are Dinga Elvis

I'm the president of Mustard Vision for Sustainable Development (MUVSUD)

my goals is to strengthen the capacity of our organisation, to improve on our relationship with our donors

yes I'm interested

5. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

I do not have experience related to this course. But how ever I can picture my self in some cases were these skills would have been very helpful if i had them then

• My name is Oluwayemisi
    I am pleased to meet the team here.

• My name is Auwal Abubakar Gidado,from Kano Nigeria and I study Business Education in National college of Education Kano and graduated in 2015.I currently worked with an NGO Passion Concerns for Women Welfare and Empowerment of Nigeria (PACOWEI)

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.