Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Staff

Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps

This is the module 2 discussion thread. You may participate in this thread after you have begun module 2.

Congratulations! If you are participating in this discussion thread, you have nearly completed this short introductory course.

In the past two modules, you have been introduced to the basic topics of fundraising. Hopefully, however, this is just the start of your fundraising journey.

Reflect for a few minutes on what you will do next to grow as a fundraiser. What actions will you take in the next month?

Example posts:
    1. In the next month, I will take one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising: Connecting with Donors or Fundraising Strategies.
    2. In the next month, I will identify five possible donors.

T
    K
    K
    14 Replies
  • @Course_Operations said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

In the next month, I will take one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising: Connecting with Donors or Fundraising Strategies.
    In the next month, I will take one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising: Connecting with Donors or Fundraising Strategies.

M
    1 Reply
  • I can't wait to take the next courses on connecting with donors and fundraising strategies.

N
    E
    2 Replies
  • In the next month I am going to take two of Tom Wolf's Philanthropy University courses. I am enrolled in Fundraising: connecting with Donors and Fundraising Strategies.

T
    N
    2 Replies

• In the next month, I will take one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising: Connecting with Donors or Fundraising Strategies.

• In the next month, I will take one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising: Connecting with Donors or Fundraising Strategies.

This is the module 2 discussion thread. You may participate in this thread after you have begun module 2.

Congratulations! If you are participating in this discussion thread, you have nearly completed this short introductory course.

In the past two modules, you have been introduced to the basic topics of fundraising. Hopefully, however, this is just the start of your fundraising journey.

Reflect for a few minutes on what you will do next to grow as a fundraiser. What actions will you take in the next month?

Example posts:
    1. In the next month, I will take one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising: Connecting with Donors or Fundraising Strategies.

I have already enrolled in TomWolf's other course, therefore I will try and successfully identify donors I may want to connect with.

O
    B
    N
    3 Replies
  • I have been reminded that myself and my trustees need to sit down and reassess where our fundraising is. So in the next month, I will:

1. Share my learning from this course with me fellow trustees.
    2. Get them, as well as complete myself, the Fundraising Strategies and Connecting with Donors course offered at PU.
    3. Re-do my organisations' donor map.
    N
    R
    2 Replies
  • @KariOconitrillo said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

• Other than continuing my learning as a fundraiser, the first thing I will do is working on my mission and vision statement. After that, I will start mapping some potential donors and see effective ways to approach them while using the principles learnt during this course.

• @Tenying said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

In the next month I am going to take two of Tom Wolf's Philanthropy University courses. I am enrolled in Fundraising: connecting with Donors and Fundraising Strategies.

same here! :D

• Next month, I will revisit the donor mapping and identify couple of donors, run through strategic fit analysis and finalize atleast a couple with whom I can start communication with regarding fund raising.

I will complete other course on effective NGO management and work on developing mission for my organization.

• Course Facilitator

i will take the other 2 courses and increase awareness for my organisation

• will take the next course connecting with fundraisers

• In the next month, I will be enrolling in similar courses to better understand principles of fundraising

• the course/ training was really insightful. Next month i will take a course to further this area of Fundraising . I will also fine tune my company's strategies in raising fund for our program and operations with the knowledge learnt so far

• In next month, i will update my organization fun raising way and apply, which i learn here.

Example posts:

In the next month, I will identify several more donors, perhaps 2 more and work on taking another course by Philanthropy University titled Fundraising Strategies.

• am taking the course of connecting with donor and monitoring and evaluation during this month and am sure it will help me a great deal.hope also to continue engaging with my peers on this topics

• In the next month i'll definitely identify prospective donors in line with my form of work bearing in mind Tom Wolfs' mentor-ship.

Example posts:

In the next month, I will take on other courses by Tom wolf to build on the knowledge already gained

• First of all I will connect with the existing donors. I will join an organization and help them with fundraising. I will try to use the module 2 which is words that a fundraiser should know.

• I will join in an reputed organization and implement all the things learned.

In the next month I am going to take two of Tom Wolf's Philanthropy University courses. I am enrolled in Fundraising: connecting with Donors and Fundraising Strategies.

2. In the next month, I will identify five possible donors
  • In the next month I will definitely share this course and platform with my former colleagues and also design a donor map for them. Looking forward to doing other courses as well!

• Course Facilitator

In the next few months I plan on doing the following:

• Continue with other courses on Philanthropy University to further grow my knowledge to effectively run my organisation.
    • Compile a list of potential funders that are align with my project goals.
    • Brand establishment.
    • Kick off my smaller projects in order to gain credibility.
    • Reinforce my relationships with collaborated partners.
  • I know now that there is virtually not much in my organisation but there is much to learn.

• I have already started applying the fundraising techniques to an upcoming project.

I look forward to the next course!

1. Can't wait to take in In the next month,one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising: Connecting with Donors or Fundraising Strategies.
  • @Maggie_Leslie said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

@Course_Operations said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

Example posts:

I have already enrolled in TomWolf's other course, therefore I will try and successfully identify donors I may want to connect with.

I have also enrolled and ecstatic to progress again for the Tom Wolf's other courses

• In the next few months I will take other courses and get a perfect grasp and understanding of this course to be an expert fundraiser.

• The course really provided me with the good ways, especially the seven myths, module two was something, that we usually combine while budgeting and fundraising, therefore I have enjoyed the most the module 1 and I would take a couple more, course with this university and on the topic.
    The points would help me to remember certain things while approaching or identifying and potential donor for my specific cause.

I will take Tom's course, Connecting with donors and Fundraising Strategies.

• I will reach out to the donors next week I am hoping to get donations before next academic years

Example posts:

I'm looking forward to apply what I have learnt in this course to my organisation and take the next course on Fundraising: Connecting with Donors or Fundraising Strategies.

• Can wait to get started with connecting with fundraiser... been a whole lot of knowledge and enlightenment from introduction till this discussions/thread.

• Course Facilitator

Example posts:

I am definitely going to take Tom Wolf's Connecting to donors and Fundraising Strategies courses to get a full insight of Fundraising before I start to Identify possible donors for my cause. The introductory course was an eye opening for me. A big thanks to Philanthropy University and Tom Wolf for a giving us this opportunity for free.

• in the next month I plan on engaging discussions with a couple of donors i have identified using the knowledge and skills I've gained from this course and I will take on another Philanthropy University course on fundraising strategies. Thank you Tom wolf.

T
    1 Reply
  • In the next month I will identify more diverse donors, I will identify what non-monetary donations I can take that is suitable for my organisation.

• @Deshmartin said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

in the next month I plan on engaging discussions with a couple of donors i have identified using the knowledge and skills I've gained from this course and I will take on another Philanthropy University course on fundraising strategies. Thank you Tom wolf.

Exactly Tom Ford Thank your for sharing your knowledge.

• All is being so clear and neat. You can actually start to making the things in the correct way and also improve some strategies you already applied.

Example posts:

Thanks Philanotrophy University & Prof.Tom. I am eagerly waiting for the next session.

• In the next month I am going to take two of Tom Wolf's Philanthropy University courses. I am enrolled in Fundraising: connecting with Donors and Fundraising Strategies.

• In the next month, I will identify five possible donors.

• In the next month, I will definitely take part in one of Tom Wolf's courses under Fundraising, I've already managed to grasp a lot in the past two modules.

• Wow, the score for the small org I founded was 0! We have a lot to do. Great assessment tool.

• I urgently need to create a fundraising, our campaign is only 25% complete and now we have a new board that has no resources

In the next month, I will take one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising: Connecting with Donors or Fundraising Strategies

In the next month, I will take one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising: Connecting with Donors or Fundraising Strategies

• After completing this course i have well grasped the seven myths and ready to change them into truth and i am aslo able to search for a strategic fit donor of my organization due to this lesson.

• In the next month I will participate in Tom Wolf people skills and building relationships course

• After completing this course, the plan is to prepare the organization to be ready to fundraise.

1. In the next month, I will take one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising Strategies.
    2. In the next month, I will work on a plan to attract potential donors, mostly within my own network.
    3. In the next month, I will identity what kind of donations we need for the organization (products, capital or program support, skills from potential volunteers who can donate their time and competences, etc.)
  • @navyaagarwal said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

Me too!

• @Maggie_Leslie said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

Example posts:

Me too I have enrolled to two other courses and hope broadly learn more about fundraising.

• Taking this class has taught me that we can fund raise anywhere and at anytime. We can start small with our families and friends and grow our connections to get more donors. I intend to use the knowledge i have acquired to help my organization identify more donors and also keep the already existing ones. i will love to take the connecting to donors class and also fundraising strategies. I have also learned that donations can be in kind, time, and cash. Most times we see fund raising as only raising funds, and so now, i will look more at other forms, such as donating time as someone may have knowledge to share but not the money.

Example posts:

In the next few months I will take more courses and apply for minor funding too.

• In the next month, I will take one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising: Connecting with Donors or Fundraising Strategies and other related courses

• @navyaagarwal said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

Me too. Hi.

In the next month, I will take one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising: Fundraising Strategies as well as compiling a comprehensive list of possible donors.

• next month, I will try to study one or both Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University Courses, "Fundraising Strategies "and "Fundraising: Connecting with Donors"

• Course Facilitator

@Maggie_Leslie said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

Example posts:

@Maggie_Leslie That's a good next step of applying fundraising strategies in reality. What's your organization about? Wish you good luck!

• Course Facilitator
  • Course Facilitator

@Lesj said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

I have been reminded that myself and my trustees need to sit down and reassess where our fundraising is. So in the next month, I will:

2. Get them, as well as complete myself, the Fundraising Strategies and Connecting with Donors course offered at PU.

@lesj That's a very good point of sharing with your fellow trustees! To engage the higher level.
    FYI, the other 2 courses just started this Mon (27May). You can still enroll in them, or else feel free to enroll in the next round in July with your colleagues.

N
    1 Reply
  • I will be able to teach this content to my workmates Since one of the myths is that fundraising is not solely but with others. After we shall correct out fit to a donor approach and preposition ourselves for the next level of fundraising and then lastly look for more donors.

• @Nelson said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

@Lesj said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

I have been reminded that myself and my trustees need to sit down and reassess where our fundraising is. So in the next month, I will:

@lesj That's a very good point of sharing with your fellow trustees! To engage the higher level.
    FYI, the other 2 courses just started this Mon (27May). You can still enroll in them, or else feel free to enroll in the next round in July with your colleagues.

I enrolled in 2 of Tom's courses which started on the 27th, they are helping in getting to know the donors and everything we have to know from building relationship with donors. At the end of these courses will be confident enough to ask for funding and I will share the knowledge with my team as well.

• In the next month, I will want to be able to get more experience in fundraising. I want to be able to educate myself and understand the PR part of fundraising. Building a connection with your donors is one of the most important parts of fundraising.

• In the next month, I will design my actual program, finish my organization's initial web site, write and design our first brochure, revisit requirements for applying for nonprofit status, and begin to make connections with potential funders.

N
    1 Reply
  • I am now so geared up for the next Fundraising course. I want to learn more on how to be a great progressive fundraiser for my organization.

• @opeter said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

I can't wait to take the next courses on connecting with donors and fundraising strategies.

definitely !

• In the next month, I will be busy securing more donations for my project. I have been identifying my donors and am currently going for the "ASK" with every potential donor I know and even a few I do not know and so far I have met my first goal and will continue to strive for more.

We break ground on our very first build next week and we are excited to give a family a new lease on life. When this one is a success, we will continue our efforts with others.

I am enrolled in another course with Philanthropy Uni, and will continue to enroll myself as long as there are courses to be included in. Every little bit of education helps and eases the stresses of fundraising as I find myself more comfortable as I gain more knowledge. Thank you for giving me that power! Knowledge is power!

N
    1 Reply
  • In the next month, I will take one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising: Connecting with Donors or Fundraising Strategies. Also, I will take into advantage I'm still in my city to create networks with other organizations in order to create partnerships and identify possible donors.

Example posts:

I have already enrolled for the remaining two courses on fundraising by Tom Wolf.

In the next month;
    I will try to have clear vision and mission statements for my organization
    I will try to have a strategic plan for my organization.
    I will try to select board members for my organization
    I will try to identify possible donors for my organization.

• @opeter said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

I can't wait to take the next courses on connecting with donors and fundraising strategies.

I am about to embark on the same new posts 😊

• Course Facilitator

@Museme said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

In the next month, I will be busy securing more donations for my project. I have been identifying my donors and am currently going for the "ASK" with every potential donor I know and even a few I do not know and so far I have met my first goal and will continue to strive for more.

We break ground on our very first build next week and we are excited to give a family a new lease on life. When this one is a success, we will continue our efforts with others.

I am enrolled in another course with Philanthropy Uni, and will continue to enroll myself as long as there are courses to be included in. Every little bit of education helps and eases the stresses of fundraising as I find myself more comfortable as I gain more knowledge. Thank you for giving me that power! Knowledge is power!

@museme Congratulations on securing your first fundraising goal. After giving a family a new lease, you will have story to tell the donors, on top of your mission and data.

• Course Facilitator

@RobK said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

In the next month, I will design my actual program, finish my organization's initial web site, write and design our first brochure, revisit requirements for applying for nonprofit status, and begin to make connections with potential funders.

@robk Glad that you take real actions with lots of things to do. Guess it would be easier for all those works as you are in the US. Keep it up.

R
    1 Reply

Sure I will take one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising: Connecting with Donors or Fundraising Strategies.

in the next month i will make a better list of posible donnors

in the next month i will share with all board members the knowledge of this course and i will encourage
    them to take it

• @Lesj said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

share, i think thats the best eveone can do, this is a team mision

• In the next month, I will identify some of my potential donors and take one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising (Connecting with Donors)

• @RadicalEnglish said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

Other than continuing my learning as a fundraiser, the first thing I will do is working on my mission and vision statement. After that, I will start mapping some potential donors and see effective ways to approach them while using the principles learnt during this course.

I
    T
    2 Replies
  • @ikcharlie72 module 2 i will enroll in next fundraising lesson with Tom Wolf.

• I will take next course on fundraising strategies.

Thank you for the knowledge gained i look forward to applying it and connecting with various donors.

• In the next month, I will enroll to other courses related to fundraising here in Philantropy University. I will also start planning and listing down potential donors to grow more network for my charity.

• @ikcharlie72 said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

@RadicalEnglish said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

Other than continuing my learning as a fundraiser, the first thing I will do is working on my mission and vision statement. After that, I will start mapping some potential donors and see effective ways to approach them while using the principles learnt during this course.

This is definitely a must. I agree with you.

• I am very happy that i successfully participated in this fund raising basic course, it has really helped me to design a strategy that would link my organisation to necessary donor.

• In the next month, I will take one of Tom Wolf's other Philanthropy University courses, Fundraising : Connecting with Donors or Fundraising Strategies.

• In the next month I intend to continue to identify potential donors, as well as fine tune my organisation so that all members are well versed on our mission and vision. I believe that A united vision, and a clear outline will be a great foundation for success!

• In the next month, I will take on other courses by Tom wolf to build on the knowledge already gained

Example posts:

In the following months, I would like to take Tom Wolf's Philanthropy University courses namely, Connecting with Donors, and Fundraising Strategies

• Hi,
    We are a very small charity organisation involved in animal rescue and healthcare in South Africa.
    I have just realized how far we have to go as an organisation and how much we have yet to learn!!
    Will definitely be continuing this journey of learning with Tom

• @Nelson said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

In the next month, I will design my actual program, finish my organization's initial web site, write and design our first brochure, revisit requirements for applying for nonprofit status, and begin to make connections with potential funders.

@robk Glad that you take real actions with lots of things to do. Guess it would be easier for all those works as you are in the US. Keep it up.

Thank you! I should have also noted that starting today, I am taking the course in Social Entrepreneurialism to further my education in all things nonprofit.

N
    1 Reply
  • I understood the technique of funding raising and hopefully will apply in any non-profit setup, whenever I join

Example posts:

I will take one of Tom wolf's other courses in fund raising but most importantly I will share what I have learnt with my organization so we can do better

Example posts:

I will completely take the next month connecting with donors and fundraising strategies course,and I will start my work in this charity organization and bringing at least 6 possible donors on the next month

• Course Facilitator

@Nelson said in Module 2 Discussion: Next Steps:

Thank you! I should have also noted that starting today, I am taking the course in Social Entrepreneurialism to further my education in all things nonprofit.

@robk Wonderful. Global Social Entrepreneurship is a great course by Jessica Jackley with many great examples of social enterprises originated in the US.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.