Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Amani Institute Conference: Demystifying Social Impact Careers

Hi @all Community Members!!

• All around the world, including India, more and more people are opting out of traditional career paths and exploring how to choose a career where they can both make a living and make a difference. However, there is limited knowledge, information, and awareness about the various career options available for those looking to make an impact with their lives and careers.

• In India especially, there is a widespread belief that social impact careers mean low pay, self-sacrifice, and diminished social status. But this does not take into account the dramatic evolution of the social sector in recent years. Today, there are myriad options – from social enterprises to impact investing to fellowship programs to highly effective and professionalized NGOs.
      _

Through an innovative conference series in Delhi, Bengaluru and Mumbai in 2019-2020, our friends at Amani Institute, in partnership with Arthan and International Innovation Corps, they will showcase this range of options through stories and advice from inspiring individuals and organizations who are all working to make India a better place!

A
    A
    J
    5 Replies
  • @kamilla said in Amani Institute Conference: Demystifying Social Impact Careers:

• All around the world, including India, more and more people are opting out of traditional career paths and exploring how to choose a career where they can both make a living and make a difference. However, there is limited knowledge, information, and awareness about the various career options available for those looking to make an impact with their lives and careers.

• In India especially, there is a widespread belief that social impact careers mean low pay, self-sacrifice, and diminished social status. But this does not take into account the dramatic evolution of the social sector in recent years. Today, there are myriad options – from social enterprises to impact investing to fellowship programs to highly effective and professionalized NGOs.
      _

Through an innovative conference series in Delhi, Bengaluru and Mumbai in 2019-2020, our friends at Amani Institute, in partnership with Arthan and International Innovation Corps, they will showcase this range of options through stories and advice from inspiring individuals and organizations who are all working to make India a better place!

Thank you for the information, I will definitely try to go!

• Hello to all,

Thanks for your message. I'm excited to pursue a career in social enterprise and want to learn more about career opportunities. I'm based in Mumbai and would surely love to attend your upcoming conference here. Please do keep me posted about your next conference in Mumbai. Also, I would be grateful if you could share details post Delhi event so we can learn from such a fantastic initiative.

Kind regards,
    Priyal

S
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@kamilla said in Amani Institute Conference: Demystifying Social Impact Careers:

_

Hi Kamilla,
    thank you for the information.
    I have gone through the program schedule and its really amazing.
    I would love to attend the program, but I am working in Saudi Arabia now. However, I have my vacation from 30th May till 15th August. Kindly let me know if the conference is scheduled in that period anywhere in India.
    Thank you once again

• Hi Kamilla,
    Thanks for the information.
    I would like to attend this conference;

• @kamilla said in Amani Institute Conference: Demystifying Social Impact Careers:

_

The talks looks amazing! Best wishes for huge knowlege sharing for actions that impacts life. I won't be able to attend as I don't live in Delhi but would like to recommend such events can be conducted all over India. I am from Chennai, so people like me from diverse demographics can converse and contribute more. Also, Facebook live sessions can help to tap lot more audience.

D
    1 Reply
  • @SunayanaReddy said in Amani Institute Conference: Demystifying Social Impact Careers:

@kamilla said in Amani Institute Conference: Demystifying Social Impact Careers:

_

The talks looks amazing! Best wishes for huge knowlege sharing for actions that impacts life. I won't be able to attend as I don't live in Delhi but would like to recommend such events can be conducted all over India. I am from Chennai, so people like me from diverse demographics can converse and contribute more. Also, Facebook live sessions can help to tap lot more audience.

Thank you for sharing,will definitely share in my network

• Hi:) thank u for the information. As I’m not currently in Delhi so won’t be able to attend this one. But hopefully will make it the near futur. Keep us updated.

_

hey
    i missed todays event, can you direct me to the next one happening in delhi if any

• modules:composer.user_said_in, @kamilla, Amani Institute Conference: Demystifying Social Impact Careers

_

Hi, Will a similar program happen in Bangalore? Since I'm in Bangalore I could attend it.. Please keep us posted

• I am waiting for the similiar programs, I am based in chennai. Please keep us updated we will love to hear these type of events.

• @priyalr said in Amani Institute Conference: Demystifying Social Impact Careers:

Hello to all,

Thanks for your message. I'm excited to pursue a career in social enterprise and want to learn more about career opportunities. I'm based in Mumbai and would surely love to attend your upcoming conference here. Please do keep me posted about your next conference in Mumbai. Also, I would be grateful if you could share details post Delhi event so we can learn from such a fantastic initiative.

Kind regards,
    Priyal

Hi Priyal, I'm based in Mumbai and working on a social enterprise/impact project (https://www.resolutionproject.org/fellows/sumati-joshi). It'd be nice to catch up and discuss what are your interest areas.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.