Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community! -Ecuador

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Ecuador community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

V
    3 Replies
  • Hello Ecuador Community! My name is Rachel, I am the English/Volunteer Coordinator and Development Officer for the James Dean Byrd Foundation in Canoa, Manabí. We work to sustain an elementary school, Los Algarrobos School. It's the only alternative to the public school system in the county. We offer a strong English program, have a class size maximum of 20 students, and are working to build a computer lab. I joined the community because I hope to meet other like minded people in Ecuador, working to make the world and kinder place, and maybe we can support each other's work!

• Hi, my name is Jane Sloan and I've and work in the tropical area of the Cotopaxi province near to La Mana. I am owner/ director of a wildlife reserve and a wildlife rehabilitation centre. I am jointing this community in order to meet others working in NGO's in Ecuador and to be able to exchange stories and ideas

• Hello,

My name is Polina Kankiya. I am from Ecuador. I live in Guayaquil. I am a marketing professional, who offers consulting services for companies, some of them included cancer foundations; in addition, I come from a family that worked with foundations. I would like to gain more in-depth knowledge about fundraising. So my goal is to learn more about fundraising, to learn how to network with potential donors, how to search and raise money to help people, and other necessary tips. I would like to have my own foundation to help blind people in Ecuador, since there are so many people that lack guide dogs; in addition, I would like to train dogs to rescue people after earthquakes. I am here to learn the tips to create my own foundation.

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Ecuador:

What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hello Jason and all the ecuadorean community.

My name is Johanna Ochoa, I am an enviromental engineer and I have a master's in development practice. I am from Cuenca, and right now I work as a consultant and also I am a uni lecturer. I chose to join this community because I am thinking of starting working with people in my community and I think this course will give me valuabkle information in order to do things right and also to meet more people doing similar projects all over the world ;)

• Hi everybody, my name is Verónica Molina, I´d been working in rural development, food security and livelihoods resilience some years in different places in Ecuador and in other underdeveloped countries... I would like to share experiences and find new ways to continuing helping populations and nature in my country and where is most needed.
    Thanks,

Veronica Molina.

• Hello everyone
    My name is Camila Galarza.
    I am currently studying filmmaking and am very interested in using my professional experience as a tool for social work.
    I enrolled with a nonprofit organization that organizes voluntary service around the globe and help them in some activities in Quito.
    I would like to share experiences with people from other NGO’s and eventually volunteer in other areas.

• @Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Ecuador:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Ecuador community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hey there, I’m Virginia. I’m a Business Spanish teacher living in Ecuador. I am a fan of education and I love Spanish and helping people communicate well. I've spent years teaching and tutoring on-line in Brazil and EEUU, so I understand the cross-cultural differences of languages and the challenges that all new speakers and writers face. I'm a SIELE and DELE Spanish teacher certified.
    As a former teacher of art, my specialty is teaching about the Latin American culture: not just written Spanish, but also the superior use of it which allows you can communicate well.
    I’m also interested in entrepreneurship and technology.

• Hello, everyone!

My name is Verónica Enríquez-Ruiz, currently I'm living in Quito and I work as the Projects Coordinator of Jocotoco Foundation, an ecuadorian NGO with the objective of protecting areas of critical importance for the conservation of endemic and threatened bird species in Ecuador that are not under the protection of the National System of Protected Areas (SNAP). Jocotoco achieves this goal by acquiring and managing land as biological reserves. I choose to join this community because my work is directly related to donors and diverse stakeholders. My job implies to assure their help and their commitment to our organization.

• Hello everyone, my name's Juan Acosta, I'm from Cuba but I live and work in Ecuador. I teach English and Entrepreneurship at a private institution in Machala, Ecuador, its name is UNEIN del Pacifico, I am also the headteacher in the Foreign Languages Department. I am interested in continuing my professional development, not only in the field of EFL teaching but in Education in general. I have a bachelor in Education and a master degree in Higher Education. I am looking forward to starting working for the Ph.D. I am very glad of having found this University and especially this community.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.