Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• How to M&E CVE programs

Conflict prone areas are difficult environment to work in. As such monitoring and evaluating such programs are difficult and will go beyond the normal traditional monitoring and evaluation process to arrive at measuring what happens in the environment. Whats your take on this? lets discuss more

• The statement is quite true, however, other means such as engaging a third party monitoring mechanism might be helpful if adopted by the team.
    This enable the team not to totally cut off from monitoring the ongoing activity implementation in a fragile setting. The third party mechanism can be someone identified from the community by the organization, whom actually have an align objective as those the organization. This person most have worked with organization as either point of contact of focal person.

I
    1 Reply
  • @dadas said in How to M&E CVE programs:

The statement is quite true, however, other means such as engaging a third party monitoring mechanism might be helpful if adopted by the team.
    This enable the team not to totally cut off from monitoring the ongoing activity implementation in a fragile setting. The third party mechanism can be someone identified from the community by the organization, whom actually have an align objective as those the organization. This person most have worked with organization as either point of contact of focal person.

I totally agree with you that proxy monitoring which I call third party is the best method to adopt in conflict prone areas such as the one I work in North East Nigeria. Operational research using the third party is a good approach in data collection.

• Depending on the nature of the conflict and how long it last, if conflict is just for a short period of time waiting for things to cool off will be a better idea.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.