Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• introduction

@mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Welcome to the Fundamentals of Project Management course discussion board! My name is Mark ( @Mark_G ) and I support @Kamilla to run course operations here at Philanthropy University.

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from?-
      Clemence Kasinmunda. Zimbabwe a country in Africa
    2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
      I am working at a school. I am the Deputy Head, responsible in the administrative work.
      The Deputy
    • Is second in-command and takes full control and becomes accountable in the absence of the head.
      • Attends to disciplinary matters of pupils and staff. He or she chairs disciplinary meetings and immediately communicates the recommendations to the head.
      • Supervises teachers’ professional work and monitors their attendance as well as their punctuality and participation in co-curricular activities.
      • Plays a key role in the organisation of school functions
      • Receives and checks the accuracy of mark schedules and reports after tests and examinations
      • Organises and supervises examinations at all levels.
      • Makes all time-tables and ensures their implementation
      • Writes testimonies for both pupils and teachers.
      • Assigns duties to form or grade teachers and ensures that prefect and co-curricular systems operate effectively
      • Takes special interest in the safety and welfare of both pupils and staff by ensuring frequent interaction with them.
      • Plays an important role in the planning and running of school based staff development programmes.
      • Checks on registers
      • Assists the head in enrolling pupils and in promoting the good image of the school
      • Procures, distributes and cares for all teaching materials in consultation with class teachers and heads of departments.
      • Complies class lists , house lists and draws up all duty rosters and ensures that teachers assigned perform these
      • Monitors the general cleanliness of the school grounds and buildings
      • Is in charge of the induction and orientation of new pupils and teachers
      • Assists the head in framing clearly defined and attainable aims and goals of the school
      • Is a classroom practitioner
      • Preforms any other duties assigned or delegated to him or her by the head.
    1. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
      Improve my competence and efficiency in project management ,monitoring and evaluation
    2. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      yes teamwork.
    3. Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
      yes i did a module in project management when i did my first degree . I also manage project at school, personal life and at church.

@mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Welcome to the Fundamentals of Project Management course discussion board! My name is Mark ( @Mark_G ) and I support @Kamilla to run course operations here at Philanthropy University.

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from?

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

5. Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.