Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Staff

Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019)

Hello Learners!

Welcome to the Introduction to Fundraising course discussion board! My name is Mark ( @Mark_G ) and I support @Kamilla to run course operations here at Philanthropy University.

The first step in the course is to answer the questions below by posting a response to this thread.

When you are finished, please respond to one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them and connect (and maybe join a team together)!

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    1. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role? Does it involve fundraising?
    1. What are your goals for the course and how will achieving them help your career?
    1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    1. Do you plan to take another one of our fundraising courses after this? We encourage you to connect with other learners and work through Introduction to Fundraising and our fundraising course sequence together!
    K
    M
    A
    P
    22 Replies
  • @mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Welcome to the Introduction to Fundraising course discussion board! My name is Mark ( @Mark_G ) and I support @Kamilla to run course operations here at Philanthropy University.

The first step in the course is to answer the questions below by posting a response to this thread.

When you are finished, please respond to one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them and connect (and maybe join a team together)!

Happy learning!

My name is Keitumetse Mosweu, i am joining from Gaborone, Botswana in Africa

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role? Does it involve fundraising?
      I work for a non profit making Environmental Education Organization and i have to fund raise a lot

3. What are your goals for the course and how will achieving them help your career?
      To learn new skills on effective fundraising and possibly build more contacts and networks for the organization

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      yes

5. Do you plan to take another one of our fundraising courses after this? We encourage you to connect with other learners and work through Introduction to Fundraising and our fundraising course sequence together!
      yes

K
    1 Reply
  • @keitumetse said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019):

@mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role? Does it involve fundraising?
      I work for a non profit making Environmental Education Organization and i have to fund raise a lot

3. What are your goals for the course and how will achieving them help your career?
      To learn new skills on effective fundraising and possibly build more contacts and networks for the organization

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      yes

5. Do you plan to take another one of our fundraising courses after this? We encourage you to connect with other learners and work through Introduction to Fundraising and our fundraising course sequence together!
      yes

M
    1 Reply
  • @keitumetse said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019):

@keitumetse said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019):

@mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

yes

yes

My Name is Anaba Majiid from Ghana west Africa I live in Greater Accra. I work for an Organization as the Chief Executive Officer.
    Fundraising is a key initiative to the success of the organization.
    After completing this Course I should have a fair knowledge about how to go about fundraising campaign for the Organization and strong relationship with Donors around the Globe in the World.
    yes I do I will be glad to get my self another Course to help me acquire special skills for Successful Fundraising initiatives.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

1. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role? Does it involve fundraising?
    1. What are your goals for the course and how will achieving them help your career?
    1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    1. Do you plan to take another one of our fundraising courses after this? We encourage you to connect with other learners and work through Introduction to Fundraising and our fundraising course sequence together!

My name is Mariia, and I am from Ukraine.
    Right now I work for non-profir organization as a translator, but I am looking for some constant job.
    I would like to ge tnew knowledge and new skills. That's why I am going to take this course. Moreover, I would like to open my own business. So I would like to know how to do it better.
    I would like to join a tem and to meet new people in order to have more practice.
    And of course, I'd like to take another course after this one.

• Hello Everyone!

1- My Name is Taj Mohammad, i am joining from Afghanistan.
    2- Yes, i am working for Construction organization, i am owner of the the organization, so i should know and have the skill of fundraising.
    3- My goals is to have the knowledge of fundraising for well running of my own business
    4- Yes, i am interested to join with a team , learning with team if more effective than individually
    5- Sure, i planned to take more courses.

• Hello
    My name is Gabriel and I'm connecting from Kinshasa in DRCongo.
    I'm not employed but independent. My objective fornthos course is to learn new skill in fundraising to allow me to support non profit activities by raising funds

1 Reply

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

My name is Fatimatu Yakubu,am joining this course to be able to help my organization in terms of fund raising. Am working for an organization and my role involves fund raising and am also the client officer. My goal is to be able to learn as much from courses related to fund raising, so that i can be able to help the organization and the people who depends on the organization for their sustenance. Am also interested in joining a team to be able to meet my learning objectives. I do plan on taking all other fund raising courses after this one.

• @gbukasa said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019):

Hello
    My name is Gabriel and I'm connecting from Kinshasa in DRCongo.
    I'm not employed but independent. My objective fornthos course is to learn new skill in fundraising to allow me to support non profit activities by raising funds

Welcome to Introduction to Fund raising and wish you all the best.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

My name is Delali Abla Dziedzoave, joining from Accra, Ghana. I recently founded a non profit organisation and as a founder, my role is to make sure sure the organisation is able to achieve its goals.
    Fundraising is definitely part of my role. My objective for joining this course is to learn more about fundraising because it is key to my organisation's success. I will be very much interested in joining a team and I will definitely take other courses after this.

• Hello all, I'm Adrian Whyte from Kingston, Jamaica. I am a part of a service organization and would like to assist the fundraising committee. My goals for the course is to understand the art of fundraising so as to better be able to assist my club in meeting their targets to assist the children in our community. Yes I am interested in joining a team

• My name is Oyedokun Oyeniran Abimbola, I am here to learn about fundraising strategies for both non for profit and for profit organizations.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

I'm Pelo. I'm from Haiti!
    I'm not working for any organization.
    I'm here to know more about basics notions in Fundraising and get more skills.
    I hope learning a lot from all of you guys and keep taking other courses about Fundraising just level it up.

• Issa, working in Iraq

S
    1 Reply
  • Good morning.
    I'm Bolawa Oluwatimileyin from Nigeria. Convener of HELP US GROW Nigeria.
    My core goal of subscribing for this course is to learn the rudiment of Fundraising as well as skills needed .
    I strongly believe that team work makes the dream work, as such will appreciate every opportunity of working with other learners as a team.
    I hope to get the best of this course and grab opportunity of learning more when other fundraising courses surface.

• Hello there. I am Mafidibo from SA. Fundraising course will equip me with skills to use at my organization to source for funds in a systematic tested manner.

• My name is Joel Masika Suto. I am joining from Nairobi - Kenya.

Currently I am an independent Research and Training Consultant. I specialize in qualitative research and impact evaluations.

I am in the process of registering my own organization where I will focus on research geared towards social policy formulation. This means I need to hone my skills in fundraising to ensure that I am able to raise adequate funds to run the enterprise as well as to disseminate the findings from our research studies. The conduct of the research studies will also require rigorous fundraising if they are to be conducted effectively. My main goal in enrolling for this course is to develop my fundraising skills to the level that I can perform optimally as a fundraiser.

I will be glad to be a member of a team where we can share experiences and support one another through the course.

I will be glad to take an advanced course in fundraising to ensure maximum output.

I look forward to learning a lot both from the facilitator as well as my fellow learners from this course.

• @habakurama said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019):

Issa, working in Iraq

Hallo Issa,
    Welcome to the course. Glad to meet you. Kindly tell me more about your work in Iraq.

• Hello Everyone, my name is Tega, I live in the city of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, I am currently out of job (Looking for a job). I once worked with an NGO that had issues getting funds to implement its programmes, that is why I am interested in this course.
    I hope to get more knowledge on what is Fundraising and how nonprofit organisations can raise funds.
    I would also like to know how these funds are managed & monitored.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

I am hemant dhayal from India . I am student working in my own company DVKA ENTERPRISE manufacturing company I apparel sector . My goal is study . I am interested to joining the course . Yes I encourage others

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

I am hemant dhayal from India . DVKA ENTERPRISE company .I learn

• Hello Everyone! I'm Gayathri and I work as Development Associate for Teach For India. In my role I handle external partnerships, oversee fundraising at the city level as well as execute communication strategy for the city. This course would directly inform my methods of fundraising. I look forward to learning from best practices from all as much as from the course instructor.

My name is Debbie. I am from Malaysia.

Yes I am invovled in a christian community. Yes it does involve fundraising for a lot of our outreach and mission.

My goal is to learn a strategic fundraising method and apply them in our community.

Yes

5. Do you plan to take another one of our fundraising courses after this? We encourage you to connect with other learners and work through Introduction to Fundraising and our fundraising course sequence together
      Yes.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hi my name is Jayant. I am joining from India

Yes We have a retail business. I am the Owner's son.

I want to learn. about fundraising to expand our business.

Yes I am interested.

Yes, I want to take more courses on fundraising.

• I am Martina from Patagonia Argentina.
    I'd like to acquire new strategies to help local organizations grow funding.

M
    1 Reply
      My name is Carlos and i'm from Venezuela
      I'm not working for an organization, i would like to create a new one involve with fundraising, arts and permaculture
      I want to know about fundraising from the beginning to help me be more accurate with my career and the organization i want to create
      Yes i'm interested
      Yes, i plan to take the fundraising course sequence complete
  • Hola @MartinaGe te escribo por que también hablo castellano y podríamos agruparnos para el curso de ser necesario para que se nos haga más sencilla la comunicación, yo estoy actualmente en Venezuela pero estuve viviendo en Argentina durante 6 años, un gusto!

What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    My name is Settuba Fred Eddie, I am joining from Kampala, Uganda in Africa

Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role? Does it involve fundraising?
    Am currently unemployed

What are your goals for the course and how will achieving them help your career?
    To learn skills in effective fundraising

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    yes

Do you plan to take another one of our fundraising courses after this? We encourage you to connect with other learners and work through Introduction to Fundraising and our fundraising course sequence together!
    yes

• Hi everybody

I am Dadang Tahyu from Indonesia, working now for Indonesia Coach Business Association as a business coach. Presently, I get involve in program fund rising that obligated me to connect with government agencies to present a entrepreneurship program. I expect to learn new things from the course regarding fund rising and hopefully be able to support my soft skills on getting a donor for my upcoming program. I am eager to join a team in this course, so i can learn more and share some issues in the team. I will decide later to take another fundrising courses.

regards,
    Dadang Tahyu

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hi Guys, I am Krishan Chakma from Diyun, a small township in the district of Changlang Arunachal Pradesh, INDIA.

I worked for a number of non profit organizations before. However there is a little gap in my career, now I am exploring for a new challenge in a very challenging environment which involves enormous fundraising.

my aim is to create a sustainable livelihood for one of the most deprived communities in the region and I would like to achieve by mobilising the available resources.

Yes, I would be happy to work in team which will help me work effectively and efficiently.15446707579271717673343.jpg

5. Do you plan to take another one of our fundraising courses after this?
      We encourage you to connect with other learners and work through Introduction to Fundraising and our fundraising course sequence together!
      YES, I would be privileged to continue with further learning in fundraising.

• I'm Dr Muhammad Ali Qureshi from Hyderabad Sindh, Pakistan.
    I welcome to all dear learners who joined this course to learn fund raising.
    Actually I'm working with an NGO with our own resources and doing projects on smaller scale.
    We want do a big and permanent project for the community.
    In our society there are thousands of problems which should be solved by administration but unfortunately, administration is not interested or not capable to full fill such needs.
    In this situation until and unless we will not go forward nothing will happen.

S
    1 Reply
  • Hello Everyone from Singapore, My name is Suraj Khatri, I am here in Singapore regarding employment In real estate sector. Plan to work with developer which involves Fundraising. Goal is to learn about how the process works. I know some fundraisers, And i want to introduce them to my future employer. Its good to connect with more people with similar interests. Glad to be here.

• @muhammadaliqureshi123 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019):

I'm Dr Muhammad Ali Qureshi from Hyderabad Sindh, Pakistan.
    I welcome to all dear learners who joined this course to learn fund raising.
    Actually I'm working with an NGO with our own resources and doing projects on smaller scale.
    We want do a big and permanent project for the community.
    In our society there are thousands of problems which should be solved by administration but unfortunately, administration is not interested or not capable to full fill such needs.
    In this situation until and unless we will not go forward nothing will happen.

Hello Muhammad, Good to se your efforts on omproving the society. Wish you all the best for convincing Admins, May your efforts towards betterment of community get more publicity and interests of volunteers.

1. My name is Vusal Safarli. I'm joining from Azerbaijan
    2. I am a distributor of the foreign product.
    3. The main goal is to learn about Fundraising and develop myself in that area. I think knowledge in that field will definitely help me in any job.
    4. Yes, if I find proper one I will.
    5. Sure. I'm planning to complete all courses about fundraising.
  • My name is Rebecca , joining from Uganda, East Africa .
    I want to start up my own venture soon and therefore I enrolled in this course in order to acquire knowledge about fundraising that I'll apply in running my business .
    I am interested in joining a team because team work makes dream work and I will be taking another fundraising course after this one .

V
    1 Reply
    1. My name is Malven Daka, i'm joining from Hwange, Zimbabwe in Africa.
    2. I work for a community radio in Hwange as the Programmes Officer.
    3. to diversify my skills and explore new ideas and life in the organisation.
    4. yes
      5.yes
  • @rebecca_kn said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019):

My name is Rebecca , joining from Uganda, East Africa .
    I want to start up my own venture soon and therefore I enrolled in this course in order to acquire knowledge about fundraising that I'll apply in running my business .
    I am interested in joining a team because team work makes dream work and I will be taking another fundraising course after this one .

• 1.What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    My Name is Vusi, from South Africa
    2.Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role? Does it involve fundraising?
    Yes, Non-Profit organisation in addition to me work. I am the Secretary of the organization and also responsible for looking for funding opportunities
    3.What are your goals for the course and how will achieving them help your career?
    To learn Fundraising Skills, Know more about the available funding opportunities. I will use the skills acquired from this course to look for funding for my organisation.
    4.Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    Yes, that will help a lot.
    5.Do you plan to take another one of our fundraising courses after this? We encourage you to connect with other learners and work through Introduction to Fundraising and our fundraising course sequence together!
    Yes, I do

• @vostile said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019):

@rebecca_kn said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019):

My name is Rebecca , joining from Uganda, East Africa .

Hi, Rebecca

• My name is Miriam Frema Yeboah. I'm joining from Ghana in West Africa.
    I am the Director of a non-profit making community development organization. Our organization is young and therefore there's the need to raise more funds to execute our initiatives.
    My goal is to develop new skills to help our organization grow whilst making positive impacts on lives.
    I'm interested in being a member of a team because I believe teamwork enhances successful growth and development.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hello! I am Dea & I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia

I have no organization yet now. But I have started to manage a donation for poor sick kids in Indonesia. We have only 4 kids tobe donates but we give them formula & diapers routine every month. The idea is that women help women (mom whose kid is sick). Poor life sometimes triggers parents who has sick kid

I am hard get.more donation for this project. While, every day new kids knockong my door to as some help.

so much

Thx
  • Staff

Welcome everyone to the course! Thank you so much for sharing your backgrounds and motivations. We're thrilled to have you here at Philanthropy University :)

Happy Learning!

• I am Angela Igbagri Ala from Nigeria, I promise to make full use of what I will be learning from this unique group as I am into educational programs so this course will guide me on raising funds.

• Hi everyone, I've been reading other people's post and I am amazed how we come from different backgrounds. Yet, we all have the same desire to learn and develop our areas of influence.

My name is Karina and I am from Indonesia.

I am currently working for a non-profit organization that moves in the music education sector.

In the foundation I am in, we need to find funds in order to give scholarships to music students who are not able to afford music education. We also need funds to hold concerts which function as a target and morale booster for the students.

I am interested in joining a team for this course.

I also plan to take more fundraising courses.

I hope we all can make good use of this wonderful opportunity.

• Hello PU Team & everybody here!

I am Ramos Aruan from Indonesia.
      Currently I live in Jakarta.

Yes.
      Currently, I am doing business in Energy Efficiency and ICT Product and Solution, also funded a orphanage in South Jakarta, Indonesia in these 3 years.
      In my role, I also help fundraising for our orphanage.

In our home (facility), we take care almost 90 people, includes the children and supporters.
      We have dream to build a strong confidence level to all of our children about their future.
      Fundraising is a key initiative to keep our programs, education, and activities running well for all the children.
      By joining this course, hopefully I can learn more about fundraising and connecting to other leader for their strategy to keep the organization sustain,.

Yes, off course.

Yes, off course.

Hello Learners!

Greetings Mark, Kamilla and others

Dawn Harrison, joining from Durban in awesome South Africa
    I currently contract to CASME Centre for the advancement of science and maths in education. My role is to project manage a five-year intervention across six high schools in the deep rural iLembe district. iLembe district has been noted as one of the worst performing districts in KwaZulu Natal. This project is funded by the Zenex Foundation, however, the gargantuan need for resources at these schools is overwhelming and the current budget does not enable me to resource schools adequately in order to improve learners results. I fundraise over and above the lean budgetary constraints. I loathe and detest asking for money. I find it exhausting and debilitating when corporates or other refuse to invest. I often find myself taking their refusal to donate money personally and am aware that the most feared word in response to asking for funding is "no." It takes me a while to bounce back and muster up the courage to continue. Ironically I have been reasonably successful fundraising monies to convert containers into libraries which will be distributed to schools next year (2019). However, the funding came through acquaintances and friends, not cold canvassing which terrifies me. My goals are to become a more effective fundraiser, know how to approach potential funders with confidence, know how to source potential funders and what potential funders require from me. I prefer working solo but if joining a team would further capacitate and skill my fundraising attempts I am happy to join a group. I cannot answer the last question with authenticity as I have never enrolled in a fundraising course before other than a module while studying public relations. I will be better able to answer this question after completing this course.

• Hello Everyone!

1. I am Navindra joining from Sri Lanka
    2. Currently I am not working for an organization but i am in process of developing an organization related impact investing and cooperative consultancy. As a founder I am looking forward to raise funds, that is why I joined this course. I have been in the development sector for more than a decade and exposed into not for profit management.
    3. My goal is to grasp the knowledge and skills from the course and use in my organization.
    4. Yes i am interested to joining a team.
    5. It depends on how it goes. Fund raising is critical for my organization. Therefore, I more often will further my knowledge.
  • My name is Shubham Agrawal. I am from Ghaziabad, India.
    I am currently interning with Jaipur Foot. I am a Clinical Prosthetist & Orthotist over there. It doesn't, but I still want to learn.
    I want to learn the techniques and methods to raise the funds successfully so that I may bring more value to the organisation.
    Yes, of course, I am interested in joining a team.
    Sure, I'd love to connect.

my name is anita nautiyal from india

Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role? Does it involve fundraising?
    yes i am co founder of an informal school after school and it totally depends upon fundraising

What are your goals for the course and how will achieving them help your career?
    i want to be a good fundraiser which will help many school in manifolds

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    right now i am joining alone but soon my team will join.

Do you plan to take another one of our fundraising courses after this? We encourage you to connect with other learners and work through Introduction to Fundraising and our fundraising course sequence together!
    yes i plan to take all the fundraising course in sequence.

• Hi

1.What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    I am RIJIN RAHIM..I am from India.
    2.Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role? Does it involve fundraising?
    I side-worked for a small Non profit organisation as strategic planner. Fundraising play a vital role for our day to day management.

3.What are your goals for the course and how will achieving them help your career?
    My personal goal is to grasp maximum knowledge regarding fundraising and apply it for the development for our small NGO.
    4.Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    Ofcourse..team work is always better..
    5.Do you plan to take another one of our fundraising courses after this? We encourage you to connect with other learners and work through Introduction to Fundraising and our fundraising course sequence together!
    After this course i would like to pursue for startegic planning session..

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hi,

I am Tamesha from Barbados. I am part of an organization which is centered around the empowerment of girls and young women and as such would like to gain as much fund raising knowledge as possible to effectively cater to the needs of our girls.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from? Jim Welch. United States
      I am working from an organization. And I am involved in fundraising.

2. What are your goals for the course and how will achieving them help your career?

Mostly I am hoping to gain some insights on more consistent fundraising.

Not now

1. Do you plan to take another one of our fundraising courses after this? *We encourage you to connect with other learners and work through Introduction to Fundraising and our fundraising course sequence together.

Definitely

• Hello everyone, My name is Desrine Bryce I am from Jamaica, I work as a Community Case Management Officer in the community of Majesty Gardens and Barbican Grants Pen. I assist youths that are at risk of becoming violent or would have been involved in violence in the pass. I want to start a none profit foundation where I assist said youths to be enrolled in school or gain employment. So i want to learn more about fundraising.

• Hi my name is Gerald from Zimbabwe. I'm a pastor with a special interest in social responsibility mission, with a strong bias in abandoned disabled children and would want to acquire knowledge on how to make the project work better

• team great this in learning to@mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Aliyu
      Accra Ghana
      yes
      operations/ yes
      to understand the concept of fundraising
      active participation in decisions based on fundraising
      yes
      sure
      Yes. Thank you, looking forward to learning in this great team.
  • I enjoy answering your questions which are related to the course. Looking forward to forming a very vibrant group of learners. Regards

• Happy learning!

my name is Sylvain fro Rwanda
    i am working with children with disability but i want to start my local NGO for handicap children
    getting skills of how to raise funds

yes
    yes

• My name is Paschal Hezron, and I am from Tanzania
    Right now I don't have any job so am jobless and while am looking for a job I believe I need to get new knowledge.
    I would like to get new knowledge and new skills which a can help me to interact with others that's why I am going to take this course,
    Also I would like to open my own organisation which can help other people around the world. So I would like to know how to do it better.
    I would like to join a team of people and to meet new people in order to have more practice.
    And of course, I'd like to take another course after this one to add value in my current skills

M
    1 Reply

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Helloo my Name is Muhammad Hafiz
      im from Indonesia, i join this by following the link in the sponsor space in instagram

yes, i'm the chief of Fund Rising Departement in Kampoeng English Poernama and being an ordinary member in Earth Hour community in the Fund Rising division

my goals are, 1. Becoming a person who can make everything as bussiness

1. Collaborating with Indonesian Famous Company in my region

this will really help me when i jump to the real work stage, n im gonna be so easy to make a coorporation with

yes of course, team is a good relation to work with

2. Do you plan to take another one of our fundraising courses after this? We encourage you to connect with other learners and work through Introduction to Fundraising and our fundraising course sequence together!
      Answer
      Yes I'm

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

My name is Thet Mon. I am joining from Myanmar

Yes, I am now working for HR startup women talent platform and my major role is event planning and operations.

My goal is to explore more about fundraising to expand my knowledge level and apply in my business.

Yes I am interested in joining a team for this course.

Not really I don't have real experience

• My Name Abdimajid, from Somalia.
    I Work with Local NGO as Financial Manager
    i'd like to improve my technical knowledge.
    Yes, I'll interest to join team during this class.
    I wish to take more courses.

• What is your name?
    My name is Rose Meda Donkor

Where are you joining from?
    I am joining from Ghana West Africa and a Ghanaian.

Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    I am currently with an NGO Africa Assistance Plan (AAP) and my role now is fund raising

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    My goal is to develop creatively and innovative ways of fundraising especially in the area of communication, giving value for money to donors with loosing our identity or core values.

I will be more than willing to join a team this I believe will equip my team building skill.

Do you have any experience with fundraising? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    Nothing super exciting but I have raised funds to purchased toothbrushes for prison inmates and drilled 2 boreholes.

• @shekibula said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019):

My name is Paschal Hezron, and I am from Tanzania
    Right now I don't have any job so am jobless and while am looking for a job I believe I need to get new knowledge.
    I would like to get new knowledge and new skills which a can help me to interact with others that's why I am going to take this course,
    Also I would like to open my own organisation which can help other people around the world. So I would like to know how to do it better.
    I would like to join a team of people and to meet new people in order to have more practice.
    And of course, I'd like to take another course after this one to add value in my current skills

pleasure reading your post.

• Hello Family: My name is Herbert Chibvongodze
    Iam working for creative Lounge Trust iam a cofounder of the organisation its an art based and cultural based organisation. i am eager to learn the fundraising tools for sustainability of my organisation.
    my objectives are to be the best in fundraising within my community.
    im ready and more eager to be part and pussle of the team
    im ready to proceed with the course

P
    1 Reply
  • @promotion said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising! (2019):

Hello Family: My name is Herbert Chibvongodze i am from zimbabwe in a city called Kadoma
    Iam working for creative Lounge Trust iam a cofounder of the organisation its an art based and cultural based organisation. i am eager to learn the fundraising tools for sustainability of my organisation.
    my objectives are to be the best in fundraising within my community.
    im ready and more eager to be part and pussle of the team
    im ready to proceed with the course

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hi... My name is Gilda Homo, I'm joining from Maputo, Mozambique

I'm working for Hlayiseka Organization as a Project Coordinator and supervisor. In my work I usually need to involve with fundraising to improve develop the organization.

First my goal is to improve to develop the organization and develop my career getting more skill with this course.

I do interested in joining a team to have best results on the course.

Yes i do plan to take other similar courses. Thank you!

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

My name is Nansereko Efrance Ritah from Uganda

Am not yet working but i studied Accounting and Finance in that case it involves fundraising

To know how to raise funding incase am to start my own project or even for the organisation which i would have got employed in.

Very much interested because it can help me so much in developing my career through exchange of information.

Of course as you well know that learning doesn't end. i will defiantly take up another.
  • Hello learners!
    My name is Talita, I'm from Brazil and I live in the capital, Brasília.
    I'm an architect and I plan to work with social architecture. I'm not working for an organization yet, but I am working on some independent architecture projects which needs fundraising to be built. One of them takes place on the Quilombo Kalunga, and the other one is a School for children in a poor community near Brasilia.
    With this course I expect to lear new skills to fundraising and build contacts around the world. Learning with people who already works with this will be a rich experience, I'm sure.
    Joining a team for this couse would be absolutly great! Also to continue the course sequence together.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

My name is rizwan roomi from pakistan chitral

yes I do job with NGO sarhad rural support programme pakistan where my job with community is support growth of economic activities and i also run Facebook page with the title Lets help needy people now iam going to change its name to Lets help people in need.yes in both cases i need fund raising

To learn fully what have been taught to me in the course and apply it practically for fund raising

yes sure

Surely I will

• Hello!
    My name is Malak Shmaissani, from Lebanon.
    I am working with International organizations in Lebanon, and I currently I work as Projects and Partnership Manager, one of the essential tasks in my role is to lead the fundraising process with the team, through this training I am aiming to have clear. professional and deep knowledge about fundraising.
    I am interested to join the team and I encouraged my team to join the course and they are enrolled now.
    Thank you!

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.