Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• @seanken said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello everyone, my names are Kenneth Chanda, I am an ICT support and Research officer at the ministry of health here in Zambia. In my job there are several projects that are both short term and long term. I would like to gain more knowledge through the course materials to be presented and delivered through this programme to enable me enhance the techniques I currently use to implement some of these programmes. I look forward to being a part of this course.

Hi Kenneth. I also work within IT and work a lot with Projects within my organization. Nice to meet you here. :-)

• Hi! Its me Mousumi from Bangladesh. I am doing work development sector. As I have to work with different project I hope this course will help me to gain new skills and knowledge. Previously I don't have such courses.

• @jlg said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

1. Hi, my name is Jess, and I'm joining from Michigan, USA.
    2. I am a Program Manager for the Grain Research and Innovation (GRAIN) project managed by Michigan State University.
    3. I'm always looking to get new tips on PM, as well as remind myself of best practices.
    4. I may be interested in joining a team, particularly if several of the Afghan staff I work with decide to also enroll.
    5. Yes, I have experience with PM--I worked overseas with a different development/humanitarian organization for the past 7 years, most recently managing a 5-year USDA grant with 80+ staff.

Hi! Good to have you here.

• Hi, my name is Mushivi joining from Lusaka, Zambia. Am a student in my second year of 4 getting a bachelor's degree in business information systems/tech at the University of Lusaka. I would like to thank this community for creating this platform.... And I have a suggestion, as this course begins why don't we create a whatsapp group in order to get more interactive..... All those in favor of this can say 'I am in' and add +260973070687, thanks. A thumbs up đź‘Ť will do as well.

• @mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Welcome to the Fundamentals of Project Management course discussion board! My name is Mark ( @Mark_G ) and I support @Kamilla to run course operations here at Philanthropy University.

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from?

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

5. Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

Hi ! My name is Amna from Pakistan. And yes I'm interested in this course

• Best wishes to all, i am Hango Emmanuel from Maroua in Cameroon. I have Ă  Master engeenering degree in social sciences for development and i am enrolling in this course so that i can improve my skills.

• @mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Welcome to the Fundamentals of Project Management course discussion board! My name is Mark ( @Mark_G ) and I support @Kamilla to run course operations here at Philanthropy University.

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

5. Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

Hello everybody.
    My name is NJOUONKOU Njoya Ahmed from Cameroon.
    I am Human Rights Program Assistant at the Kofi Annan international Association for Human Rights and Peace.
    This course is important to me because it would contribute upgrading and strengthening my skills in projects and program management.
    I used to participate in projects management in the field of fighting against Gender Based violence, human Rights, children rights.

• My name is Queen John Asebe.
    From Nigeria.
    Working with Project PINK BLUE Health & Psychological Trust Centre.
    Am a program Assistant.
    I want to enhance my knowledge on program management to enable me improve my organization
    I will love to join a team.

1 Reply
  • Hey, My name is Ella. Am a burundian physiotherapist. I am the founder and the president of strating organisation working in the field of disability. i would like to know more about projects managements so that i can run well the organisation.

• Hello Everyone, my name is Anthonia from Nigeria. I am joining this program to gain more knowledge in project management. I currently work as a manager where I oversee various valuation exercises . I wish to acquire more knowledge and skills in this course and to be able to use effectively in my day to day handling of projects. I am interested in joining teams and would not mind if I can be connected to those interested also. Thank you.

• @wealthyqueen said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

My name is Queen John Asebe.
    From Nigeria.
    Working with Project PINK BLUE Health & Psychological Trust Centre.
    Am a program Assistant.
    I want to enhance my knowledge on program management to enable me improve my organization
    I will love to join a team.

Hi

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hi,my name is Obi. Am joining from Manchester. Presently,am not working in the project management sector.However,i do hope to learn and also contribute positively to the groups discussions and projects when the course kicks off.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

I am Tolossa Mersha from Ethiopia .am working for oromia regional health Bureau as Global sanitation fund technical advisor . My goal is to achieve the project goal within the time frame and resource available. And having the ability to manage a.y project .

• @limpiar said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello, my name is Ines and I am from Puerto Rico. I work for Limpiar Puerto Rico which is an organization dedicated to cleaning the beaches of the island. As a recently created organization we have much to learn and that is why I am here. I am willing to join a team. I have no previous experience in project management.

Hi, my name is Goldey and im joining from twin island Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. I work in Sales and Marketing and i would like to branch off into other things, hence the project management course.

• Hello everyone, I am Tahir Amin from Pakistan. I am working at Rashid Latif Khan Associates Pvt. Ltd., a group of companies in the medical field including medical colleges abd hospitals in Lahore, Pakistan as Manager Information Technology. Looking forward you as course start and establish link and working relations with you with open heart and open mind. Hope to hear a positive response from all of you.
    Welcome all of you in joining you as a team.
    I have almost 2 years of experince of ERP and HMIS implementation.
    I want to start new business project and need to implememt my knowledge, expertise and all material help me to achieve my goal.
    Yours help will be appreciated.

Tahir Amin

• Welcome everyone! It is great to have you here :)

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

hello everyone myself Ar. vaibhav sahu , i am an Architect , and a freelancer designer. i persued my B.arch from Amity university India . Looking forward you as course start and establish link and working relations with you with open heart and open mind. Hope to hear a positive response from all of you.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

5. Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expert Thomas
      Hello, my name is Jarius K. Thomas I live in Monrovia. Currently I offer tutorials at various universities for accounting students who are pursuing their 1st degrees. My goals for this course is to understand the fundamentals of project management and to teach it to other students. I am interested in joining a team during the period of this course. I currently don't have any experience with project management. Welcome to any student who is just joining us, thanks.

• I'm Timoci joining from Fiji.
    Currently working as a monitoring and evaluation officer in a local NGO.
    My goal is to broaden my knowledge on Project Management and help improve our organisation.
    Yes I am more than interested.
    I do not have that much experience on this.

T
    1 Reply
  • Hallo am Ssuuna Allan from Uganda am working with an NGO as a data analyst and since most of my work is done under project management, it has made me more interested in this course. I hope to learn more and liase with colleagues in the same capacity thanks

• Hallo Rodgers am from Uganda too hope to liaise with you

• Am Mwandabantu Mawiini a Zambian, not working for any organization. My goal is to attain knowledge on project management. am interested in team work. However, I don't have any experience in project management.

• Hello Everyone. My name is Charles and I from Mozambique. I am working at Non profit Christian Organization . My role is Child Relation Officer dealing with correspondence from field, database information between sponsors and children.
    I would like to learn more about project management in order to improve the work we do in the communities and gain new skill in this particular section. I am welling to learn from other knowing that work as a team can make better impact for the beneficiaries.
    Therefore, I believe this course can improve my skill and working toward to the needs of the communities that we serve.

• Hello everyone, my name is Eyram Agbemava from Ghana.
    I am a project manager working with a faith based humanitarian non profit organisation. I look forward to gaining formal knowledge and developing new skills so i can help my organisation to be more effective in our social impact drive.
    I am excited joining a team so i can contribute and also glean from team members experiences.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hi my name is Jehoshaplyn Tonia Tolbert, I'm joining you from West Africa, Liberia. I am working for an NGO that focuses on health related issues. Learning this course will help build my confidence and leadership skills . I will love to be a part of a team to learn new ideas and get to know new people.

• Hello everyone
    my name is yaseen and I'm joining from yemen I'm interested in Project Management
    where I work for a based organisation Be+ as a volunteer project a team so that I can from interaction with others and also and hope to improve myself so I can offer value to the teams I work with for real impact in quality of life.
    The reason why I am here is to learn more and enlarge my skills.

• My name is Ravi Lutchman from Trinidad and Tobago

Currently i am not working with any non-profit organization. However i have almost 19 years working with different such organizations in various capacities of leadership and decision making.

My goal for this course is to become more proficient in project management which i intend to apply in some upcoming community based interventions as well as work with some other community groups in helping to build capacity in this area.

I can work both individually or in a team so either will suffice for me. But i am okay with working in a group.

I do have a fair amount of experience working in the area of project management having had the responsibility in a couple of non-profits that i worked with in the past. These projects related to working with local and international stakeholders. I have done some basic training related to the not for profits i worked with as well as mentored under some more experienced persons.

• My name is Ravi Lutchman from Trinidad and Tobago

Currently i am not working with any non-profit organization. However i have almost 19 years working with different such organizations in various capacities of leadership and decision making.

My goal for this course is to become more proficient in project management which i intend to apply in some upcoming community based interventions as well as work with some other community groups in helping to build capacity in this area.

I can work both individually or in a team so either will suffice for me. But i am okay with working in a group.

I do not have any significant experience experience working in the area of social entrepreneurship. I have had some minimal interactions with persons in the field. However it is an area that i recognize is essential in some upcoming community based interventions that i will be embarking on soon.

• Hi guys! I am Alua, joining from the USA. I am now transitioning my career from corporate to an international development / foundation sector. I am taking this course to enhance my project management skills and especially learn how I can apply them to philanthropy. Delighted to meet like-minded people from all over the world joining this course!

A
    1 Reply
  • Hello, everybody! This is Emiru Mulatu joining from Ethiopia. I am working for Ethiopian Full Gospel Believers' Church Development Commission (National NGO) that works mainly on child sponsorship and humanitarian responses. I work for the organization as Regional Manager, my goals in joining this team and courses are to strengthen my Project Management skills so that I will be able to manage the projects under my leadership. I will apply them through training and seminars. I am very interested in the joining the team for this course and hope I will learn a lot.
    I have many years experience in project management, mainly short-term projects which need well organized ativities of all from entry to exit.

What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    My Name Taimoor Khalid
    I am Joining from Muscat Oman (GCC)
    Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    Yes, I am working for a IT company.
    I am working here as Sales and Project Coordinator.
    What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    Of Course i want to apply the learning to my work and want to learn new and latest trends in project management.
    Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    Yes i will join the team if it's possible, it's more beneficial to learn from others.

Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    I have Just joined here a year ago, not much experience but still i have done like number of projects such as fiber Optic cable laying, Office IT infrastructure etc.

• Hi everyone! I'm Eva Marie from the Philippines. I am in-between jobs now but my work experience is mainly on Service Delivery in the Business Process Outsourcing Industry. I've been with PU since it started and have been enrolling to various courses but was never able to complete any of them due to time management issues. I am joining this course as a refresher because I haven't been doing project management for almost 2 years now. I am keen to work with some of you in groups because that's one skill we need in project management -- the ability to work with other people! I did have some experience in the past on Project Management most of which involved launching programs or lines of business or handling business process improvement projects. However, as I haven't done one in the past year, I will appreciate a review from this course.

• 3 minutes ago
    Hello my name is Blessing Sithole i
    I am from Zimbabwe

I am a Housing officer working under the Department of Housing and social amenities. I strongly believe this course fundamentals of project management shall help me a lot in refining my professional skills since I deal with projects . I also hope to learn from fellow learners on this platform. Thank you.

1 Reply

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

1. My name is Isaac Annan from Ghana in West Africa.
    2. Yes, I work with Challenging Heights as Youth Empowerment Coordinator and a president of Global Goal Alliance an NGO that works to "lift children, women and youth from poverty".
    3. I want to gain an in-depth understanding and practical experience that will aid me to formulate a workable strategies to manage every Project effectively to achieve the vision of my organization.
    4. Yes I have interest to join a team.
    5. Currently I have no experience in Project Management. thanks
  • @ken_bale said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

497bea71-b1e8-4118-92e2-e2c68d598c62-image.png HI! My name is Ken and I'm joining from Kokopo on the Island of New Britain in Papua New Guinea where I work for a faith based organisation as a volunteer project administrator/manager. I'm looking forward to gaining insight on social impact projects so I can help my organisation become an effective agent for community development. I am looking forward to being part of a learning team so that I can learn from interaction with others and also be able to assist with my experience in the civil and building construction fields where I started off as a accounts and administration person. I'm also completing a Public Poly Management Degree programme in the coming year and hope to improve myself so I can offer value to the teams I work with for real impact in quality of life.

I personally welcome you. lets work hard to meet our goals

• @rittybaby said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello my name is Nkechi Nworie From Lagos Nigeria. I work with a marketing firm
    Taking this course would further enhanced my skills and know the necessary tools needed to effectively manage a project.

welcome, lets work hard to meet our goals

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

My name is Kasilia Colavoli. I'm from Suva in the Fiji Islands.
      I do work for an Early childhood Learning Centre as an Educator Advocate and recently on a project Mobile Children's Services.
      My goal is learn how to manage projects. I would like to see the expansion of this project we're working on.
    1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      Looking forward to learning with a team.
    2. Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
  • @malayaporodo said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

3 minutes ago
    Hello my name is Blessing Sithole i
    I am from Zimbabwe

I am a Housing officer working under the Departmvent of Housing and social amenities. I strongly believe this course fundamentals of project management shall help me a lot in refining my professional skills since I deal with projects . I also hope to learn from fellow learners on this platform. Thank you.

Hi Blessing.
    Looking forward to this learning journey with you

• Hi,

My name is Charles G. Pewee and I join you from Nairobi, Kenya. This course will help enhance my skills for my future work of developing and implementing projects on environmental issues.

D
    1 Reply
    1. Hello everyone I am Richa Singh joined from India.

2. currently I am not working.

3. To gain more knowledge and enhance my professional life.

4. Yes, ofcourse i am.

5. No i don't have.

• Course Facilitator

Dr. Ikhidero Aigboje-Uduangele is my name. I run a developing enterprise (specifically a private clinic) in Lagos, Nigeria. We are engaged occasionally in project development. I have no prior knowledge of Project Management but I believe that I will be able to acquire some knowledge in PM that will make me better off than the complete novice that I was.

• Course Facilitator

@charmawee said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi,

My name is Charles G. Pewee and I join you from Nairobi, Kenya. This course will help enhance my skills for my future work of developing and implementing projects on environmental issues.

Welcome on board. I am also seeking knowledge like you. I believe that we shall be better off at the end of the course.

R
    1 Reply
  • Hie,
    I'm Ruvimbo from Zimbabwe where i work as a Volunteer in Human Capital Management. I want to equip myself with project management processes through this course. I'm some projects on HR software packages and i need information on how I can have a smooth project flow without affecting more company resources that is time and money. I would want to work in teams for exposure and new ideas from others. I have run a WIFI installation project which was a success.

• @draigboje said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@charmawee said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi,

Welcome on board. I am also seeking knowledge like you. I believe that we shall be better off at the end of the course.

Thank you for joining us

S
    2 Replies

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hey everyone! My name is Catarina, but you can call me Nefertari that is my second name. I'm from Belém, Amazônia, Brasil! I work at Laboratório da Cidade, we are a non-profit organization, that uses innovation and the participation of people at the city to make changes, as a think and do tank.

LdC is a young organization, and we work hard to learn with our experience, 2019 is going to be a challenging year to plan and do a bunch of new projects, connections, changes at the city. So, in this course i'm willing to learn more about processes and inovation ways of taking ideias out of the paper.

I'm really glad to be here. Count on me. Let's make changes around the world.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

I'm Veronica from the Philippines. I currently work as an online English teacher. I'm looking to take on more responsibility professionally and to add value to myself, which is why I decided to take this course. Interested in joining a team. No prior experience.

I
    H
    2 Replies
  • @ts12 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi ken nice to meet you.. this is tt from ethiopia at the horn of africa. I work for ethiopian airlines as a cabin team leader. My job if fliying most of the time but i needed this school to improve my self and also improve my ability toward leadership and project management .

Awesome! Good to meet you!

S
    1 Reply
  • @jim001 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

I'm Timoci joining from Fiji.
    Currently working as a monitoring and evaluation officer in a local NGO.
    My goal is to broaden my knowledge on Project Management and help improve our organisation.
    Yes I am more than interested.
    I do not have that much experience on this.

Hi Timoci, welcome. I am from the Solomons. nice to meet you.

• My name is Ikenna Lawrence ofomata, I am from Benin city, Nigeria. I work with Catholic Relief Services, Nigeria as a case manager.
    I hope to get more knowledge about , project management to help improve my skills.
    I want to join the team to help me learn and improve my skills fast. I am don't have any experience in project management. I know I will definitely learn alot to help me improve.

• hello everyone myself Ar. vaibhav sahu , i am an Architect , and a freelancer designer. i persued my B.arch from Amity university India . Looking forward you as course start and establish link and working relations with you with open heart and open mind. Hope to hear a positive response from all of you.

• @alua said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi guys! I am Alua, joining from the USA. I am now transitioning my career from corporate to an international development / foundation sector. I am taking this course to enhance my project management skills and especially learn how I can apply them to philanthropy. Delighted to meet like-minded people from all over the world joining this course!
    hello myself Ar. vaibhav sahu , i am an Architect , and a freelancer designer. i persued my B.arch from Amity university India . Looking forward you as course start and establish link and working relations with you with open heart and open mind. Hope to hear a positive response from all of you.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@archivaibhav said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@alua said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi guys! I am Alua, joining from the USA. I am now transitioning my career from corporate to an international development / foundation sector. I am taking this course to enhance my project management skills and especially learn how I can apply them to philanthropy. Delighted to meet like-minded people from all over the world joining this course!
    hello myself Ar. vaibhav sahu , i am an Architect , and a freelancer designer. i persued my B.arch from Amity university India . Looking forward you as course start and establish link and working relations with you with open heart and open mind. Hope to hear a positive response from all of you.

Welcome to all, wish good success and achievement to courses you sucribed

• @ashleynee said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello, I am Ashley joining from La Paz, Mexico. I work for a local nonprofit called SmartFish Rescate de Valor AC where I am the Program Manager for Monitoring and Evaluation. I work on various aspects of project design, evaluation, and social and environmental sustainability. My goal for this course is to learn the best practices in project management in order to create a more structured approach for me and my team so we can improve our focus and efficiency in our work.

Hi Ashley! Nice to meet you. Welcome :)

• Hello. I am Dr. Funmi Akinyele, joining from Ibadan, Nigeria. I am the Chief Executive Officer for a national NGO focused on poverty alleviation, nutrition and food security and sustainable livelihoods for vulnerable populations. I want to learn better strategies to manage development projects and plan to implement them at work to help make our processes more efficient and effective. I have some experience in Project management.

S
    1 Reply
  • Good Day Everybody. I am Gontse Maubane, and i just love knowledge. Any opportunity to learn, I grab with both hands.

• @paragon said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello. I am Dr. Funmi Akinyele, joining from Ibadan, Nigeria. I am the Chief Executive Officer for a national NGO focused on poverty alleviation, nutrition and food security and sustainable livelihoods for vulnerable populations. I want to learn better strategies to manage development projects and plan to implement them at work to help make our processes more efficient and effective. I have some experience in Project management.

It is great to have you here also Dr Funmi.

• Hello Everyone,
    My name is Godfrey Emuze, I am a Pastor, An Author, and A businessman. I am based in Abuja, Nigeria.
    I am glad to be here. I am very fascinated by how much can be done with accurate and balanced knowledge especially in handling projects and tackling challenges, that's why I am here.
    I am not new to project management but I love to broaden my knowledge base on how to get things done well, more quickly, and more neatly.
    I hope to enjoy every bit of the course and learn from as many of you I am able to connect with here. Thanks.

• @ronicruise said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

I'm Veronica from the Philippines. I currently work as an online English teacher. I'm looking to take on more responsibility professionally and to add value to myself, which is why I decided to take this course. Interested in joining a team. No prior experience.

Hey am Dr Iloduba Ikenna , presently with premiere urgence internationale, in Northeast Nigeria. Landed a role in project management and wish to improve and learn on this platform.Wish to join a team. Thank you

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hey am Dr Iloduba Ikenna , presently with premiere urgence internationale, in Northeast Nigeria. Landed a role in project management and wish to improve and learn on this platform.Wish to join a team. Thank you

S
    1 Reply
  • @iloduba said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hi,
    My name isRichard Sentongo from Entebbe, I am a Financial Inclusion Spacialist with a focus on MSME Development. Happy to be here and to join the team to share experience.

• Hi
    My name is Vusani Khumalo joining you from Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. I am currently the Executive Director of MDI and this course would enhance and deepen my understanding of project management enabling me to run and administer an effective organisation

• My Name is Thinesh from Eastern province of Sri Lanka
    I am working as a District Manager in "Berendina" Organization from 2014 but i have an experience in NGOs nearly 14 years.

• Hello everyone, I am Curtley out of Kingston Jamaica. I work for the Jamaica Public Service (JPS), the sole distributor of electricity for the country. My responsibilities are as a Stake Holder Engagement agent, where I provide assistance to absolutely any queries/complaints/issues being experienced by any of our over 500,000 customers.

As the world continues on its ever changing platform to increase the level of service delivery, the expectations also increase and in my capacity I aim to provide exceptional service at every level. My aim for this course is to gain some insight on how to effectively create, execute and manage the expectations of those involved in the development of a project.

As a first time user to such an online experience, it would be an excellent experience for me to be involved in a group/team with like minded persons where we can share ideas and help each other accomplish our individual goals.

• Hello Kady welcome. I am also from Jamaica working In the electrical industry. Hope our experiences will be fruitful

• I am Kaskaz from Tanzania
    A new member in this course for the sension of 2019

• Hello everyone! My name is Jenny and I am joining you all from the UK. I am currently not working, but am hoping to gain more experience with project management, as I want to develop my skills. I would be interested in joining a team as we work together. I have done some project management work while at university and basic management in work settings. Looking forward to learning together with all of you!

G
    1 Reply

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

@mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Welcome to the Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation course discussion board! My name is Mark ( @Mark_G ) and I support @Kamilla to run course operations here at Philanthropy University.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds!

Happy learning!

5. Do you have any experience with Monitoring and Evaluation? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

1. My name is Farooq Akram. I am from Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan.
    2. No, I am running my family business. Its a medium scaled related to construction business. I am currently managing its processing unit and its technical unit.
    3. I want to know the factors that affect on Project managing from planing to execution to make management better.
    4. Yes i am doing it on a small scale without any proper tool. But i am not satisfied with this, i want to expand and push my limits.
  • My name is Ana; I'm from Mexico.
    I'm not working for any organization at the time, but i'd like to know more about this subject because of past experiences in an organization I was part of.
    I don't really want a team because I do not wish to delay anyones learning process

• Hello,
    I'm Jack Assa from Papua New Guinea.
    I'm working with a small village based NGO. i want to know the from this course the key elements and tools in managing projects.
    I would love to work in teams.
    happy study

• @oralndoalfaro said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello! My name is Orlando I am joining from Monterrey in Mexico. At the presente I am working in a construction company where I work as Junior estimator. I am looking to learn basic terms about project management because next year I will be auxiliary of project management. I will be interested in joining a team for this course. Unfortunately I don´t have any experience with project management, but I hope soon enough I will be sharing my own expertise.

Hello Orlando! Bienvenido!

• @ashleynee said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello, I am Ashley joining from La Paz, Mexico. I work for a local nonprofit called SmartFish Rescate de Valor AC where I am the Program Manager for Monitoring and Evaluation. I work on various aspects of project design, evaluation, and social and environmental sustainability. My goal for this course is to learn the best practices in project management in order to create a more structured approach for me and my team so we can improve our focus and efficiency in our work.

Hello Ashley

• @sentongo_richard said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

I am Gabriel Lusekelo, joining in from ZAMBIA.
    I did Land Surveying and I am working as a Land Surveyor at Zambezi Town Council.
    My goal in the course is to get the basic understanding of Project Management principles which I can use in
    my Field when carrying out massive field work projects.
    I will be glad to work in group, preferably those from Zambia.
    I have done many works as a surveyor, one is doing a feeder road.

• @jsinclair said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello everyone! My name is Jenny and I am joining you all from the UK. I am currently not working, but am hoping to gain more experience with project management, as I want to develop my skills. I would be interested in joining a team as we work together. I have done some project management work while at university and basic management in work settings. Looking forward to learning together with all of you!

Jenny, so glad that you have decided to join in this course.
    I am sure it will be of great help in your career.

• Hi everyone, my name is Heart, I am from Philippines, I have a small nonprofit group that focuses in helping the community and environment. I want to learn more that’s why I join this class. Nice meeting you guys!

• What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    Hello there, I am Bohari Hassia , am joining from Niger Republic.
    Yes, I am working for in the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock at IT department and my role is to study the needs of users in IT courses and also help them when they need of assistance.
    Am also a leader of an association and this course will help me to know how to conceive a good project which will help me to do better in the association?

I want to improve my skills in project management. For this, I have plan to apply so that I will use the techniques and methods of this course when I will have to look for sponsors who can help me to realize some of ours goals.

Yes, i will join the team for achieving the desired objectives.

No I don’t have any experiece with Project Management

• Hi everyone! I'm Ed Gan, a corporate trainer from the Philippines. I am an outdoor enthusiast and recently been active with environmental and community building projects for people living in hard to reach areas. I belong to a very small non-profit org and we recently completed a fund-raising activity to support a food-sufficiency project in the Sierra Madre region. I believe we could have done better and more for the people in that community. I hope to improve my organizational and communication skills with this course. Teamwork is not my forte but I hope to work on it while taking this program.

• Hello everyone, my name is Samuel clarke Hayford, a Project Engineer in an Architecture setup called Multicad Consult in Ghana. My goal is to gain more insight in Project Management tools and techniques
    to help develop and communicate in my work environment.

• My name is Hadiza Nuhu. I am joining from Lafia in Nasarawa state, Nigeria. I work for an NGO called The Pastoral Resolve (PARE) as a Senior Program Officer. My goals for this course is to develop my skills in project management in order to assist my organization make the needed social impact. I will like to join a team to learn from others as well as share my experience.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

hi i'm Dee from the Philippines and hoping to enhance my skills on project management. I have been part of teams that implement projects on marine conservation/coastal management; I am not a Project Manager. Looking forward to this online course; to gain insights and important concepts i will need to learn to strategically and successfully manage a social development project.

J
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone,
    I am Pacoto David from South Sudan working for a not for profit NGO in the FSL department, it's my real pleasure to come and learn more about project management in this course... thanks

• @deepea_0307 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

hi i'm Dee from the Philippines and hoping to enhance my skills on project management. I have been part of teams that implement projects on marine conservation/coastal management; I am not a Project Manager. Looking forward to this online course; to gain insights and important concepts i will need to learn to strategically and successfully manage a social development project.

@deepea_0307 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hi, am Pacoto David from South Sudan working for a not for profit NGO in the Food security and livelihood department, in juba, I have been involved in project management for the last two years and I believe learning more about this course will greatly improve my understanding and management of humanitarian development projects so as to deliver more successful projects with great impacts on beneficiaries... thanks

• welcome joel.i would like to learn from you how to set up my own consultancy firm

• My Name is Olive Kamusiime, I am from Kigali Rwanda, I work for World Vision Rwanda and I am interested in improving my knowledge in project management and preparing myself for the future

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Richard Zulu from Zambia doņt work for any organization goals include improving skills in project management interested in joining team.

1 Reply
  • @obaidur said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello everyone! My name is Obaidur and I am joining from Chittagong in Bangladesh. I completed my under graduation in LAW and then I successfully completed my MBA (Major in Marketing). At present I work for Sysnova Information Systems Limited a concern of Kazi Farms Group. I work here as an Executive- Sales & Support. My role is to find new opportunities for my organization to implement ERP as well as maintain the relationship of previous client. I also work for different ongoing ERP implementation project. If I successfully complete this course then it will help me to add more value to my work and also accomplish the specific projects task in more professional manner. This also help me to create, manage and implement project plan to my working area in the future.
    I am so much interested to join with a team for this course, because I believe in teamwork. As you all know that together we are strong. So, teamwork will help us a lot to learn appropriately in a more understandable way.

thats good nice to meet you

• Hello everyone!
    I'm Elena from Ukraine.
    I'm responsible for PR and advertisement at state plant.
    Want to get knowledges how project management works, to improve my current activity.
    Sure, it's interesting to join a team for this course.
    I'm glad to meet you all here, and wish us good experience!

1 Reply
  • Hello everybody, am Benjamin Mwalilanda a Lusaka resident from Zambia. Am excited to been part of this class. My goal is to enhance my skills in management. Am passionate about non-profit organizations although am not attached to any yet. I believe through interactions here I can learn from those already rendering their services.

My name is Dércio Alberto Macuácue, I am joining Philanthropic University from Mozambique. Right now I am working as project lieder at an Philanthropic organization called JADEC, established to assist young people in community development. My principals goals for the course is to develop and improve my skills in Project Management, of course i am interested in joining a team of this course, since i love to work in team and i hope to learn a lot from them. From now i prefer to share my Project Magagement experience in next opportunity.
    English is not my first language, so it will be a great opportunity for me to improve my grammar.
    To end I would like to understand something, are we going to receive any kind of document or certificate in the end of Course?

• Hi im Marvin, joining from the Philippines. Currently employed as project implementer such as community development. I joined this course to know more about project management and to exchange ideas among others.

• Greetings all! My name is Michael Nkhoma joining in from Zambia in South/Central Africa. Currently working for an ISP in Customer Support which also entails installation projects. I want to expand my knowledge in project management, this will help me better execute the projects I work with in installing internet equipment for our corporate clients. Any help will be appreciated. Presently, I have no experience in project management per se.

• My name is Leonard Charles Kilamhama, am joining the platform from Mpanda, at Katavi region in Tanzania. am working with Mpanda municipal council as a Planning officer. My goals for attending this online course is developing my career, acquiring new skills, knowledge and experiences from my colleague(Team). we planning office are primarily concerned with project planning and management, all projects undertaken by the council are planned and implemented by our supervision. At recently, we have accomplished the implementation of a bus stand that is given a name of the former Tanzania prime minister, Mizengo Pinda Bus Stand for the cost of Tshs, 3,780,614,501.00 under ULGSP programme.

• Hello everyone! My name is Kimberly and I am joining from Jamaica. I work for a production company that specializes in event management, execution and marketing. I hope to learn and develop new skills to aid me in project management where planning and organizing are a main concern. I enjoy planning and giving people what they want.

S
    1 Reply
  • I am Seyi from Nigeria. Joining this group to add more value to myself and be useful to my organisation

• @ruvimbo said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@draigboje said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi,

Thank you for joining us

Welcome Charles

• @kimrhone said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello everyone! My name is Kimberly and I am joining from Jamaica. I work for a production company that specializes in event management, execution and marketing. I hope to learn and develop new skills to aid me in project management where planning and organizing are a main concern. I enjoy planning and giving people what they want.

Welcome Kimberly

D
    2 Replies
  • Hello everyone my name is Maxwell from Ghana. Am here to join you guys for the course and hoping we will all enjoy the course

• Hi. My name is Zainab, I'm here to improve my knowledge on M&E

S
    1 Reply
  • @ronicruise said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@ts12 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi ken nice to meet you.. this is tt from ethiopia at the horn of africa. I work for ethiopian airlines as a cabin team leader. My job if fliying most of the time but i needed this school to improve my self and also improve my ability toward leadership and project management .

Awesome! Good to meet you!

Hi everyone. I am Shahzado Khaskheli from Pakistan. I am working with an international NGO since last 7 year. The scope of work is to enabling older people to access secure income, health, voices to be heard and protection from abuses and exploitation. I have more than 14 years experience in development sectors. My strong areas are humanitarian response planning and implementation, monitoring and resource mobilization. I enrolled myself for this course to improve my skills towards fundraising for my organization. I hope you all will support me in achieving my objectives.

D
    1 Reply
  • @zee-12 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi. My name is Zainab, I'm here to improve my knowledge on M&E

Hi Zainab. I hope you are well. Where you from?

• @muzumi said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Happy learning!

Hi there! I am Dawn Grant joining from Jamaica. I am not currently working in any organization but I have, for awhile had this deep burning desire to become a Philanthropist. The goal is to know more about the Fundamentals of Project Manqagement so I can avail myself with the skills needed in establishing a successful organization equipped to contribute enormously to the Caribbean region in the area of awareness, understanding and knowledge towards having a clean and beautiful environment. I am very interested in joining a team as I do not have much experience in this field of study and I do think that a team would add more to my learning experience.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.