Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community! -Marketing, Communications, and PR

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Marketing, Communications, and PR community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

N
    A
    J
    R
    5 Replies
  • Welcome @fionamac, @unia, and @mia_vasic!

Do you all work in marketing, communications, and/or PR? I'd love to learn more about your backgrounds and why you decided to join this community.

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Marketing, Communications, and PR community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

hello every one,my name is David Omatiga live in Lagos Nigeria,i work with a property development firm as a sales consultant and i wish to rub minds with others.

• Hello to All,
    My name is David Kiruhi from Nyeri, Kenya. I'm currently working with Outspan Hospital and Medical College. My roles revolve Administration and Marketing. I hope to create relations, from this community, that can assist me better enhance the Vision of my Organization. Thank you Jason for leading this forum.

• Hello, my name is Bagaka, from Nairobi, Kenya. I serve as a media advisor/consultant to many small community organizations periodically. By training I am a journalist but by practice I do more content development than journalism. I would be glad to learn from all of you good people.

• I'm Steve Adams from Lagos Nigeria. I just started working in the area of IT for Development. Basically what we try to do is bring FREE basic ICT education to inmates in Nigera's prisons. This way they are empowered to easily integrate back into society with their new skills in graphic design, web design, apps development, etc. I'm the Executive Director/CEO of this new social service initiative

• Hello, my name is Anette, I am from Germany. Since 2010 I tried to become a change maker with impact on global challenges. I attended all previous courses here and some other MOOCs. Since 2014 I created social innovations (sustainable, scalable and transferable concepts) and already achieved impact/positive change in help for refugees, civic society engagement, education and more ... now I would like to create a concept to help Africans to survive and start-up in their countries. I have a professional background in marketing and communications - this has been one of the keys to success with my social innovations. As a lifelong learner with big dreams I would like to update my knowledge and share my experience.

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone!
    I am Angeli Cantillana from the Philippines. I work as an information writer under the Communications Office of the Philippine Red Cross. I am looking forward to get insights and tricks in the trades from you.

• Hello everyone.
    My name is Chidinma Eke and I live in Asaba, Nigeria. I work with Cartege Cinemas as a Cinema Manager where I manage the daily running of the cinema and drive the performance of the team leaders to deliver on business key performance indicators.
    At the moment, I am working on transitioning in my career to being an administrator in the Nonprofit sector and I have joined this community as an avenue to interact, learn and contribute. These three put me on a solid pedestal to achieve this goal.

Hi everyone,

Hello Everyone, I am Janet Motah from Kilifi, Kenya. I work for an organization known as Moving The Goalposts as Monitoring, Evaluation and Communication officer. Apart form general Monitoring and Evaluation work, I also ensure that organization's communication aspects are up and running. I have joined the community to learn more on participatory ways of communicating our success and how to engage our audience effectively for social change.

1 Reply
  • Staff

Welcome to Philanthropy University @janet_motah/ Janet! With your experience in monitoring and evaluation, I hope you will join in and help share your experience and knowledge with others in the Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning. You would be a welcome addition to the community of knowledge there.

In terms of communications and engagement:

Do you have a particular question about communications you would like an answer to?

Or

Is there an article you have recently read that helped you improve your understanding of communications and engagement?

• Hello everyone,
    My name is Kokomma Williams. I live in Lagos, Nigeria. I am founder of the K. Williams Foundation, an organization focusing on human services and community development.
    I have worked in the non-profit sector for the past 15 years.

I'm excited to connect and learn from this platform.

• Staff

@kokowilliams said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello everyone,
    My name is Kokomma Williams. I live in Lagos, Nigeria. I am founder of the K. Williams Foundation, an organization focusing on human services and community development.
    I have worked in the non-profit sector for the past 15 years.

I'm excited to connect and learn from this platform.

Welcome Kokomma ( @Kokowilliams )! It is great to have you here.

It is wonderful to hear about your foundation. Could you tell us more about it? Do you have any questions or advice related to Marketing, Communications, or PR that you would like to share with this group from your experience running your foundation?

Also, feel free to check out the Weekly Welcome in the Nigeria community to connect with others from Lagos!

• Hi everyone, my name is Mercy Maina from Nairobi, Kenya. I'm in the radio industry and currently finishing up on my undergraduate degree in communication. I have interest in humanitarian work and looks forward to doing my Masters in Development Communication. I hope this platform can orient me into the communication aspect of humanitarian work.

1 Reply
  • Staff

@mercymaina said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Marketing, Communications, and PR:

Hi everyone, my name is Mercy Maina from Nairobi, Kenya. I'm in the radio industry and currently finishing up on my undergraduate degree in communication. I have interest in humanitarian work and looks forward to doing my Masters in Development Communication. I hope this platform can orient me into the communication aspect of humanitarian work.

Welcome Mercy ( @MercyMaina ), so great to have you here!

It sounds like you have a great perspective on Marketing, Communications, and PR. Do you have any questions for the group as you learn about applying your background to humanitarian work? Do you have any thoughts to share from your studies? This is a great place to share!

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Marketing, Communications, and PR:

Hi everyone,

Hello everyone! My name is Rachel Carle. I am the Development Associate at ActionAid USA, an office of ActionAid International, based in Washington D.C. Our development and communications teams work together to create our fundraising communication strategy and products, and I'd love to learn from this community in order to further develop my skills. Thanks!

1 Reply
  • Hello World!!
    I'm John Mars, 23 and Nigerian. I've been a marketer for 2 years now currently working outsourcing at Puri Global and Quantech InC. I hope to build communications here to enhance my career and expand my reach as well as engage in new opportunities. IG: johnmarsofficial , Twitter: johnmarsauto , Email: johnmars0763@gmail.com

• Staff

@rcarle said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Marketing, Communications, and PR:

Hello everyone! My name is Rachel Carle. I am the Development Associate at ActionAid USA, an office of ActionAid International, based in Washington D.C. Our development and communications teams work together to create our fundraising communication strategy and products, and I'd love to learn from this community in order to further develop my skills. Thanks!

@mbakara4 said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Marketing, Communications, and PR:

Hello World!!
    I'm John Mars, 23 and Nigerian. I've been a marketer for 2 years now currently working outsourcing at Puri Global and Quantech InC. I hope to build communications here to enhance my career and expand my reach as well as engage in new opportunities. IG: johnmarsofficial , Twitter: johnmarsauto , Email: johnmars0763@gmail.com

Welcome @rcarle and @mbakara4!

It is so great to have you here. Thank you for posting :)

Do you have any ideas or questions you would like to share with the Community? This is a great place to connect with and learn from others.

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.