Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• How can we make this community better? Feedback for Nigeria OCT-2018

Hello @all!

I’m Scott (you can message me at @ScottM) and I’m the community manager for these community spaces that exists separately from the courses.

I would like to get your ideas about how we (me and all of you) can make this community space better and more useful for everyone.

Would you reply and answer these questions?

1. Do you find the weekly welcomes helpful? How could we make them better?

2. What can we do to help you interact with each other more? It might be a new feature. It might be a project we can work on together. It might be something else!

3. What online communities do you participate in on a regular basis? What can we learn from those digital spaces?

If you are new, please do not be shy. Just say hello and something about yourself. We are friendly and welcoming here!

M
    R
    L
    3 Replies
  • Hi, @ScottM

My name is Raheem Oghenekevwe from Nigeria, the weekly welcome is okay new members gets to know their presence is felt and known by the Management of Philanthropy U, you can create a chat group where course mates can chat and relate on this platform, Ask The Paediatricians facebook group, , this community attend to questions bothering on child health issues, we do not give treatment online, if the child in question needs to be seen by a Paediatrician we ask the mother to take the child to the hospital. We also organise Medical Outreaches "2 major outreach in a year", the Foundation reaches out to at least One thousand five hundred children per outreaches. To visit our website: www.askthepaediatricians.com

Ask the Physicians Family as the name implies is for adult health services.

• Course Ambassador

@scottm said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Nigeria OCT-2018:

Hello @all!

I’m Scott (you can message me at @ScottM) and I’m the community manager for these community spaces that exists separately from the courses.

I would like to get your ideas about how we (me and all of you) can make this community space better and more useful for everyone.

2. What can we do to help you interact with each other more? It might be a new feature. It might be a project we can work on together. It might be something else!

3. What online communities do you participate in on a regular basis? What can we learn from those digital spaces?

If you are new, please do not be shy. Just say hello and something about yourself. We are friendly and welcoming here!

1. the weekly welcomes is helpful. it helps introduce people to the community and share their areas of specialization.

2. I think a bi-weekly topic of discussion as pertaining to strategy and planning and a case study will help us interact more. also we can pick from the question asked from previous week and discussion about it.

• @ScottM We can improve our community by:

1. Giving a warm welcom to the New and Returning student.
    2. Get involved as a volunteer or interact with each others opinion.
    3. Support each and every memeber of the community.
    4. Help your selves and others where the need arise.
    X
    1 Reply
  • @ummy said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Nigeria OCT-2018:

@ScottM We can improve our community by:

Thank you Sir

U
    1 Reply
  • My name is Miriam Ererobe Okoka from Nigeria

1. The weekly welcome is great, however it will be nice if we can get to know each other better.
    2. Team building exercise among members can help improve interaction which can be done by creating a chat group. also i actively participate.
      3.Female in Nigeria , ask the gynecologist both on Facebook
  • My name is Matthew Elaigwu Sunday from Nigeria the welcome video is a nice one, this community can be improved upon by building a chat room where we come and discuss. This discussion should also cover our courses and also how we can participate effectively. The staff can also be invited St some point to answer some sticking question that might come from the discussion.

• @xtrimchris said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Nigeria OCT-2018:

@ummy said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Nigeria OCT-2018:

@ScottM We can improve our community by:

Thank you Sir
    @Xtrimchris you are welcome

• Hello @all,
    I'm Somso. And I'm excited to be here. I look forward to expanding my knowledge from the modules of the courses on this site, as well as the wealth of experiences of my fellow course participants

I find the weekly welcomes useful. They make the newcomers feel welcome, and also make the newcomers aware that there are discussion groups.

To help us interact more, I think the community manager @ScottM could post (or delegate and ask one of us to post) a scenario that would highlight the lessons that need to be learnt in each course module. The scenario should include discussion points and questions, to make room for all of us to contribute and share our own similar/related experiences. This way, we all would learn and become even more effective in our respective niches.

I think it would be fantastic if this is applied and ALL the members of each community actively participate.

• @scottm said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Nigeria OCT-2018:

Hello @all!

Hello, I am here to update my knowledge on essentials of non profit strategy, I believe the knowledge acquired from phillantropy university will launch me to a greater height and improve my skills in non profit initiatives. I belong to the group Ask the paediatricians foundation, Nigeria where we promote child health intelligence through online education, for mothers, mothers and care givers. Also reaching out via medical outreaches to the less advantaged. Visit :
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/askthepaed

L
    1 Reply
  • @roayad said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Nigeria OCT-2018:

@scottm said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Nigeria OCT-2018:

Hello @all!

Hello, I am here to update my knowledge on essentials of non profit strategy, I believe the knowledge acquired from phillantropy university will launch me to a greater height and improve my skills in non profit initiatives. I belong to the group Ask the paediatricians foundation, Nigeria where we promote child health intelligence through online education, for mothers, mothers and care givers. Also reaching out via medical outreaches to the less advantaged. Visit :
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/askthepaed

Hello @all,

I'm so glad to be a part of this community.
    In order to make us communicate often with each other, I think a whatsapp group would work magic on that.

As for the welcome greetings, it's cool because they make us (me) feel welcomed.

Thanks.
    I'm LaughingLilly

• @scottm said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Nigeria OCT-2018:

Hello @all!

@ScottM

Hello @all,

I'm so glad to be a part of this community.
    In order to make us communicate often with each other, I think a whatsapp group would work magic on that.

As for the welcome greetings, it's cool because they make us (me) feel welcomed.

Thanks.
    I'm LaughingLilly

• I am new, i am glad tobe here and willing to learn.

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.