Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• How can we make this community better? Feedback for Fundraising and Resource Mobilization OCT-2018

Hello @all!

I’m Scott (you can message me at @ScottM) and I’m the community manager for these community spaces that exists separately from the courses.

I would like to get your ideas about how we (me and all of you) can make this community space better and more useful for everyone.

Would you reply and answer these questions?

1. Do you find the weekly welcomes helpful? How could we make them better?

2. What can we do to help you interact with each other more? It might be a new feature. It might be a project we can work on together. It might be something else!

3. What online communities do you participate in on a regular basis? What can we learn from those digital spaces?

If you are new, please do not be shy. Just say hello and something about yourself. We are friendly and welcoming here!

F
    P
    A
    A
    J
    9 Replies
  • @scottm said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Fundraising and Resource Mobilization OCT-2018:

Hello @all!

I’m Scott (you can message me at @ScottM) and I’m the community manager for these community spaces that exists separately from the courses.

I would like to get your ideas about how we (me and all of you) can make this community space better and more useful for everyone.

2. What can we do to help you interact with each other more? It might be a new feature. It might be a project we can work on together. It might be something else!

3. What online communities do you participate in on a regular basis? What can we learn from those digital spaces?

If you are new, please do not be shy. Just say hello and something about yourself. We are friendly and welcoming here!

bolded texthello

S
    M
    2 Replies
  • @scottm said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Fundraising and Resource Mobilization OCT-2018:

Hello @all!

Hello all,
    i am prixsyremour. i am new here. i am a medical lab. scientist by profession. i like interactive fora and i'm interested in expanding my knowledge.

M
    1 Reply
  • Course Ambassador

@prixsyremour said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Fundraising and Resource Mobilization OCT-2018:

@scottm said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Fundraising and Resource Mobilization OCT-2018:

Hello @all!

Hello all,
    i am prixsyremour. i am new here. i am a medical lab. scientist by profession. i like interactive fora and i'm interested in expanding my knowledge.

Welcome @Prixsyremour

• Course Ambassador

@funky said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Fundraising and Resource Mobilization OCT-2018:

@scottm said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Fundraising and Resource Mobilization OCT-2018:

Hello @all!

bolded texthello

1. the weekly welcomes is helpful. it helps introduce people to the community and share their areas of specialization.

2. I think a bi-weekly topic of discussion as pertaining to strategy and planning and a case study will help us interact more. also we can pick from the question asked from previous week and discussion about it.

• Hi. I am Grace, New and want to learn. i am a journalist, News, Sports, Presenter on Radio. I am also working on a project to help orphans, widows and girls.
    I think i need the ideas on this platform to help with a project i am planning.

• olá Scott meu nome é Ernani sou do Pará trabalho como voluntário no projeto visão águia que atua na garantia de direitos humanos de crianças e adolescentes no Pará/ amazônia. fiquei muito feliz de encontra-los nessa plataforma pois sei que poderei conhecer melhor outros projetos e aprender junto com vocês.

Hello @all!

Hello,

I am Adams From Smiling Hearts Initiatives Intl, A Nigerian Non Governmental, Non Religious, Non Profit non Political Organization,

1. i find the weekly welcome interesting and encouraging.
    2. If possible a Chatting Application can be created where we can interact directly with each other.
  • Hello All,
    I'm Michael Ochieng a Kenyan and the Executive Director of COHECF KENYA an NGO based in Kitale, Kenya. We currently have girls and women projects that we are currently running and so this course will help a lot.

X
    1 Reply
  • @cohecfkenya2017 said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Fundraising and Resource Mobilization OCT-2018:

Hello All,
    I'm Michael Ochieng a Kenyan and the Executive Director of COHECF KENYA an NGO based in Kitale, Kenya. We currently have girls and women projects that we are currently running and so this course will help a lot.

Nice to meet you Sir

1. yes it is essential. it will also help organizations across the globe to communicate and share ideas and progress or short comings of their various program to provide support and guides
    2. through this flat form organization with similar programs in the same countries or region will communicate and liaise with each other in fund rising, technical support, etc
      3.this will ensure proper support and participation of the organizations and meaningful contribution to the different communities across the globe through communication and disclosure of the participant in a truthful and ideal means
  • Warm welcome, Mr. Michael to Philanthropy University platform where we all learn and exchange ideas for future betterment. Your decision to join and to participate in this discussion is highly welcomed.

Hello @all!

Good day,
    My name is Amaka and I run an NGO in Nigeria. So far all the projects that have been executed are self funded and supplemented by contributions from the team. I know that this is not sustainable so I look forward to learning how to raise funds and apply them efficiently. I hope to learn how to win the confidence of donors as well as maintain the integrity of the organization.

Hello @all!

Hello,

It's great being part of this community

S
    1 Reply
  • @jacksonwere said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Fundraising and Resource Mobilization OCT-2018:

Hello @all!

Hello,

It's great being part of this community

hello
    its really nice to be part of this moving train

Hello @all!

@scottM
    Hello scott, i think the integration of a chatting system to the existing system will go a long way in boosting interactivity between members.

Hello @all!

Hello,
    I'm Somso. I look forward to learning all there is to learn about fundraising and resource mobilisation. I know that if everyone shares their experiences and what they've learnt over time (as regards fundraising & resource mobilization), it'll be fantastic! I'd really like for this sharing to happen.

• Course Ambassador

Hello @all!

Hello, fellow members. I am an active learner and also a course ambassador in the Philanthropy University platform.
    @ScottM Perhaps, we can add a function in the left pane for past learners, who have finished any fundraising courses in the platform to showcase their existing crowdfunding campaigns. Just a few items - Organization, brief intro (limited to a few lines) of the campaign and the link.

Hello @all!

Hey Scott,
    This is great platform i have learnt since i started the course in PMP, I work with Windle international kenya on project called KEEP, bringing girl child back to school and we are working on different intervention i.e Remedial classes, Guidance and counseling, scholarships and cash transfer, I would love to gain tole learn more on logical framework or work together in any project

T
    1 Reply
  • @ohidi said in How can we make this community better? Feedback for Fundraising and Resource Mobilization OCT-2018:

Hello @all!

Hey Scott,
    This is great platform i have learnt since i started the course in PMP, I work with Windle international kenya on project called KEEP, bringing girl child back to school and we are working on different intervention i.e Remedial classes, Guidance and counseling, scholarships and cash transfer, I would love to gain tole learn more on logical framework or work together in any project

Hi everyone,
    Thanks a lot Scott for strting this topic!
    One Vibe Africa is a non-profit that creates cultural and innovative programs and events to promote social welfare, environmental and economic empowerment for youth in Manyatta slum of Kisumu, Kenya. One Vibe has established a platform to encourage citizens to participate in critical engagement of culture, art, music, technology and education to inspire youth to realize their highest creative potential. To learn more about One Vibe Africa, visit www.OneVibeAfrica.org. I believe that if we work together, we would go further in the same goal we all have: the betterment of our communities. I would like to learn more about you and your organizations, how we could work communally and improve lives around us.

• Am excited being here and learning from one another , fundraising and Resource Mobalisation achallenging one but very engarging and inspiring .its been challeng to me but am learning and l learned alot every day .

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.