Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Weekly Welcome: Fundraising and Resource Mobilization – 15 OCT 2018

Hello all! ( @all )

We have 141 new members in the Fundraising and Resource Mobilization Community of Practice this week! Let's continue our weekly tradition of welcoming them to our community :)

We are so excited to have you all here! We hope that you use this space to connect with some of the people doing tremendous work in Fundraising and Resource Mobilization around the world. Let's help each other collaborate on important ideas, share knowledge, and ask questions.

New members: please respond and introduce yourselves to the community! Please also tell us:

1: Are you working on any projects related to Fundraising and Resource Mobilization? If so, please share some details!

2: What is one idea or question you would like to discuss with the community?

3: Is there anything else you would like to share with us?

Returning members: please welcome our new members by replying to their posts and discussing their ideas. Let's make sure everyone feels welcome and let's start collaborating!

Welcome everyone!

1 Reply
  • @mark_g said in Weekly Welcome: Fundraising and Resource Mobilization – 15 OCT 2018:

Hello all! ( @all )

We have 141 new members in the Fundraising and Resource Mobilization Community of Practice this week! Let's continue our weekly tradition of welcoming them to our community :)

We are so excited to have you all here! We hope that you use this space to connect with some of the people doing tremendous work in Fundraising and Resource Mobilization around the world. Let's help each other collaborate on important ideas, share knowledge, and ask questions.

New members: please respond and introduce yourselves to the community! Please also tell us:

1: Are you working on any projects related to Fundraising and Resource Mobilization? If so, please share some details!

Returning members: please welcome our new members by replying to their posts and discussing their ideas. Let's make sure everyone feels welcome and let's start collaborating!

Welcome everyone!

Welcome to all 141 new members.

• Currently working as fundraising department,we prevent sexual gender based violence for women and children .This departments helps in raising sustainable funds for the organisation.

E
    1 Reply
  • @wendyjoy said in Weekly Welcome: Fundraising and Resource Mobilization – 15 OCT 2018:

Currently working as fundraising department,we prevent sexual gender based violence for women and children .This departments helps in raising sustainable funds for the organisation.

Hello, and thanks for your kind welcome. I look forward to learning and sharing via this platform.

E

• @mawusi said in Weekly Welcome: Fundraising and Resource Mobilization – 15 OCT 2018:
    Hello everyone. My name is Rose and I am new to this community and online course. In response to the questions, below are my submissions.

Yes, I am currently working on projects related to fundraising for my organization. The first is to set up a community for our organization in Africa and to work on capacity development for the community. We expect that by the end of next year, the community is vibrant, well trained and produced our fundraising strategy for Africa. The second project I am working on is funding our emergency campaign to secure Africa's largest rivers free flowing.

My question to the community here is advise on starting from ground zero. Fundraising within African countries (East, Central and Southern) is new and African's are not so keen to giving money to issues such as environment, HIV, malaria and education. In addition, finding skilled fundraisers in Africa is almost impossible. How would you approach this unique landscape when your mandate is to find the labour, train them, set up a strategy and finally fundraise from within the continent?

I have a background in marketing, communications and advocacy. What skills would I already have that you think will help me in this journey towards fundraising.

1 Reply
  • @rose_thuo said in Weekly Welcome: Fundraising and Resource Mobilization – 15 OCT 2018:

@mawusi said in Weekly Welcome: Fundraising and Resource Mobilization – 15 OCT 2018:
    Hello everyone. My name is Rose and I am new to this community and online course. In response to the questions, below are my submissions.

Yes, I am currently working on projects related to fundraising for my organization. The first is to set up a community for our organization in Africa and to work on capacity development for the community. We expect that by the end of next year, the community is vibrant, well trained and produced our fundraising strategy for Africa. The second project I am working on is funding our emergency campaign to secure Africa's largest rivers free flowing.

My question to the community here is advise on starting from ground zero. Fundraising within African countries (East, Central and Southern) is new and African's are not so keen to giving money to issues such as environment, HIV, malaria and education. In addition, finding skilled fundraisers in Africa is almost impossible. How would you approach this unique landscape when your mandate is to find the labour, train them, set up a strategy and finally fundraise from within the continent?

I have a background in marketing, communications and advocacy. What skills would I already have that you think will help me in this journey towards fundraising.

@Rose_Thuo since you have a reasonable timeline for project. i will advise you check out these courses and encourage all your colleagues and staff to take them.

Advocacy
    introduction to fundraising
    fundraising: connection with donors
    fundraising strategies.

please try and check these course out it will answer majority of your questions and introduce you to new ways to accomplish your goals.

• Welcome! @Wendyjoy @edudzie @Rose_Thuo

It is so great to have you here! We are excited to hear more of your thoughts and ideas here in this community :)

(Thank you for following up and answering others' questions @Mawusi!)

• Hello all,
    Yes, I have projects we're trying to fundraise for. We're trying to fundraise for the Pilot year of a 250 acre Agribusiness Training Project, training 2000 women and 1000 youth on sustainable farming methods. We want give our trainee farmers a 'hand-up' not a handout. teach them to fish, not give them the fish.
    We need different types of funding for the different Phases of our project. I want to learn from other peers with experience and trainers who can provide guidance and and training on how to proceed.

• May be you are learning on how raise money on line

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.