Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community! - Community Development

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Community Development community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

J
    H
    C
    11 Replies
  • I am Heraa Nasim, I live in Melbourne but I am originally from Pakistan. I work at a civil utility company as HSEQ coordinator so, I am not involved in philanthropy work directly at the moment but I want to eventually get involved in community development work in a few years and leave the corporate world and I am joining this group so that I could maybe get a chance to work with likeminded people and create a platform from where we could contribute and also find a way for our sustenance.

1 Reply
  • @heraa said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

I am Heraa Nasim, I live in Melbourne but I am originally from Pakistan. I work at a civil utility company as HSEQ coordinator so, I am not involved in philanthropy work directly at the moment but I want to eventually get involved in community development work in a few years and leave the corporate world and I am joining this group so that I could maybe get a chance to work with likeminded people and create a platform from where we could contribute and also find a way for our sustenance.

Great to have you here Heraa!

Sounds like a wonderful plan to join the nonprofit sector in the coming years :) What is your interest in community development work specifically?

• Welcome @suleman, @emerald, @fionamac, @dezzamondo, @unia, @kamdoum, @jonbean, @sello, and @mimhoff!

Can you share with @heraa and others a bit about your interest in community development?

E
    1 Reply
  • Hello, I’m from Saudi Arabic. As this moment I trainee in non-profit firm. I interested in elders problem in my community. Try to discover solution and make some awareness about healthy and self-care for this cate.gories. ا join to this group because I want to take a real experiences from other people particularly from expert in non-profit caregiver .

1 Reply
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Community Development community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

I am Jonathan Kaitell, 2920 Chapel Hill Rd Apt 22 B Durham NC 27707. Founder and President Street Children Empowerment Organisation for Developing Countries. I choose to pursue this program to enhance my skills in delivering effective and efficient service to all beneficiaries.

1 Reply
  • Hello! I am Suleman and based in Lahore, PAKISTAN. In my past life i was a corporate executive. About a little over a year back i started my Entrepreneurship journey with the mission to create jobs, address social problems and add sustainable value to the benefit of our Global Village. Along the way and in addition to my other ventures, i joined a Nonprofit (Pakistan Cold Chain Development Company) as its Program Director. On one end my role is to reinvigorate the organisation while making sure that we are truly living our vision statement.
    One of the main purpose of joining this community besides networking is to exchange ideas, capacity building and to gain from the collective wisdom of the global reach.
    Cheers to all!

S
    2 Replies
  • @duaa192 said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello, I’m from Saudi Arabic. As this moment I trainee in non-profit firm. I interested in elders problem in my community. Try to discover solution and make some awareness about healthy and self-care for this cate.gories. ا join to this group because I want to take a real experiences from other people particularly from expert in non-profit caregiver .

Welcome Duaa!

Elder care is so important, and it's great to hear that you are thinking about these issues. Are there any resources you have found online on this topic that you may be able to share.

Also, if you haven't already, I encourage you to join the Saudia Arabia Community to connect with other Saudi learners :)

• @jonathan said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

I am Jonathan Kaitell, 2920 Chapel Hill Rd Apt 22 B Durham NC 27707. Founder and President Street Children Empowerment Organisation for Developing Countries. I choose to pursue this program to enhance my skills in delivering effective and efficient service to all beneficiaries.

Welcome Jonathan!

Can you share some more about your organization Street Children Empowerment? What are its programs? Where does it operate?

J
    1 Reply
  • @suleman said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello! I am Suleman and based in Lahore, PAKISTAN. In my past life i was a corporate executive. About a little over a year back i started my Entrepreneurship journey with the mission to create jobs, address social problems and add sustainable value to the benefit of our Global Village. Along the way and in addition to my other ventures, i joined a Nonprofit (Pakistan Cold Chain Development Company) as its Program Director. On one end my role is to reinvigorate the organisation while making sure that we are truly living our vision statement.
    One of the main purpose of joining this community besides networking is to exchange ideas, capacity building and to gain from the collective wisdom of the global reach.
    Cheers to all!

Lovely to have you here Suleman! Your story is a common one I've found here in our communities, of former for-profit employees leaving behind a career to focus on work they found more meaningful. So inspiring to hear about your journey on this path as well.

Can you share some more about what Pakistan Cold Chain Development Company does? What are its programs?

Also, make sure to introduce yourself to the Pakistan Community as well to connect with other learners from the country :)

• This is Qaisar Iqbal from Lahore, Pakistan. I belong to a Not for Profit Organization naming Rural Community Development Society (RCDS) established in 1995 and got registered in 1998. RCDS is working on Institutional Development through Social Mobilization, Health & Education, WASH, Irrigation, Livelihood, Emergency Relief and Early Recovery. Me have mastered in English and social science having sixteen years of experience in rural development. Have implemented numerous projects from RCDS platform with the funding of FAO-UN, UNDP, Embassy of Japan, Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund, Unilever Pakistan Limited.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

My name is Japhet Aloyce Kalegeya from Tanzania, I am a co-founder and Executive Director of Christian Education and Development Organization (CEDO), I have successfully completed the course of Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCAT), and Fundraising, How to connect with donors the course offered by Philanthropy University. The Philanthropy University Course have helped to improving the organizational capacity and my community. It is my greatest hoping that by participating in this new community I will achieve my goals of increasing improving the capacity of organization and community.

1 Reply
  • @suleman said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello! I am Suleman and based in Lahore, PAKISTAN. In my past life i was a corporate executive. About a little over a year back i started my Entrepreneurship journey with the mission to create jobs, address social problems and add sustainable value to the benefit of our Global Village. Along the way and in addition to my other ventures, i joined a Nonprofit (Pakistan Cold Chain Development Company) as its Program Director. On one end my role is to reinvigorate the organisation while making sure that we are truly living our vision statement.
    Cheers to all!

The cold chain refers to the temperature management of perishable products in order to maintain quality and safety from the point of slaughter or harvest through the distribution chain to the final consumer.

At PCCDC we aim to Grow the industry, Lead and Forge a nationally strong cold chain where every product retains quality and safety through each link. Along the way building capacity, especially for the small farmer base (which is the significant contributor) in order to help them preserve their produce and gain maximum returns.

• Hi, my name is Francis Sarkodie. I am from Ghana and I am the Executive Director for Center for Integrated Rural and Child Development, a nonprofit working to improve the lives of women, youth and children in rural communities of Ghana. I love to make new friends, share ideas and learn about new culture.

1 Reply

@jonathan said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Welcome Jonathan!

Can you share some more about your organization Street Children Empowerment? What are its programs? Where does it operate?

Hi Jason Thank you for this,Street Children Empowerment Organization for Developing Countries is a registered 501(c )(3 ) organization,(Charity number ID 2708495) contribution to which are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. We exist to promote children empowerment in developing countries, serving as a role model for strengthening and preserving the rights, privileges and capacities of children, the vulnerable ones in particular as a prelude to improving their living standards and participation in millennium development agendas of developing countries. It aims at mobilizing all desired resources, soliciting cooperation and unity amongst members and development partners to support sustainable goals attainment.
    Mission
    We are a non-profit organization taking children out of the street and developing their potential for sustainable community and national development in developing countries.
    Vision
    To ensure that all children are cared for, stay healthy, spend their childhood in homes, educated and trained to contribute to nation development.
    Core Values
     Social justice- We believe in treating community justly.
     Collaboration- We believe in working together with development partners and communities
     Integrity- We uphold strong moral principles in dealing with stakeholders
     Diversity- We equitably serve communities irrespective of colour, religion, race, tribe, gender and impairment
     Accountability- Our activities are transparent and justifiable
     Commitment- We are committed to excellent service delivery
     Excellence- Sustainable service excellence is our goal
     Stewardship- Looking after children is our passion

Goals and objectives
     To reduce children in the streets as well as prevent the under privileged from entering the streets.
     To re-integrate street children in to homes and support their access to health, basic education and training in developing countries.
     To mobilize resources to promote sustainable children developments.
     To partner with development oriented organizations to effectively coordinate children development project
    Our head office is in state at the address mentioned in my introductory message.
    We target six countries
    Gambia
    Guinea Bissau
    Senegal,
    Guinea
    Sierra Leone
    Liberia
    And we presently in Gambia working in a village called Basori.
    Please visit our website on the website mentioned above.

• My name is Ikwo, I reside and work in Lagos, Nigeria, founder and executive director of Centre for Community Empowerment and Sustainable Development (CESDEV). I am currently enrolled in Essentials of Non profit strategy. Although I have about 2 decades work experience- half of which has been in non profit sector, I still have a lot to learn in stirring CESDEV towards attaining its purpose for existence. I love working with communities, and believe strongly in impactful and respectful community engagement. My immediate task is structuring CESDEV, developing our strategic plan document, successfully raising funds for implementing our community programs. Aside from the great networking opportunity on this platform, I hope to share thoughts and rub minds on best practices and innovative ways of achieving successful outcomes on my job. I'm really taking so much time off work to participate in the course work and hope it pays off in my daily, weekly, monthly output. Thanks to you all for helping out- in anticipation of your support!

1 Reply

Hi everyone,

My name is Andrew from Uganda. Working as a Community Development Officer. I live in Kampala- Uganda. Nice to find you

1 Reply
  • @sheikh said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

This is Qaisar Iqbal from Lahore, Pakistan. I belong to a Not for Profit Organization naming Rural Community Development Society (RCDS) established in 1995 and got registered in 1998. RCDS is working on Institutional Development through Social Mobilization, Health & Education, WASH, Irrigation, Livelihood, Emergency Relief and Early Recovery. Me have mastered in English and social science having sixteen years of experience in rural development. Have implemented numerous projects from RCDS platform with the funding of FAO-UN, UNDP, Embassy of Japan, Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund, Unilever Pakistan Limited.

Welcome Qaisar! Great to have you here. RCDS sounds like an incredible organization that's doing A LOT of different and important things. What's your role there?

Also, I encourage you to go check out the Community Development best practices post to respond to the discussion question and share your best practices with other community members :)

• @kalegeya said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

My name is Japhet Aloyce Kalegeya from Tanzania, I am a co-founder and Executive Director of Christian Education and Development Organization (CEDO), I have successfully completed the course of Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCAT), and Fundraising, How to connect with donors the course offered by Philanthropy University. The Philanthropy University Course have helped to improving the organizational capacity and my community. It is my greatest hoping that by participating in this new community I will achieve my goals of increasing improving the capacity of organization and community.

Welcome Japhet! So awesome to have a seasoned Philanthropy University learner in the community. Are you taking any Philanthropy University courses now? What does CEDO focus on?

Also, I encourage you to go check out the Community Development best practices post to respond to the discussion question and share your best practices with other community members :)

• @francis said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi, my name is Francis Sarkodie. I am from Ghana and I am the Executive Director for Center for Integrated Rural and Child Development, a nonprofit working to improve the lives of women, youth and children in rural communities of Ghana. I love to make new friends, share ideas and learn about new culture.

Welcome Francis! It sounds like the Center for Integrated Rural and Child Development's programs are touching a number of incredibly important but vulnerable populations. How have you seen this work affect the communities of the women, youth, and children you work with?

• @ikwooka said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

My name is Ikwo, I reside and work in Lagos, Nigeria, founder and executive director of Centre for Community Empowerment and Sustainable Development (CESDEV). I am currently enrolled in Essentials of Non profit strategy. Although I have about 2 decades work experience- half of which has been in non profit sector, I still have a lot to learn in stirring CESDEV towards attaining its purpose for existence. I love working with communities, and believe strongly in impactful and respectful community engagement. My immediate task is structuring CESDEV, developing our strategic plan document, successfully raising funds for implementing our community programs. Aside from the great networking opportunity on this platform, I hope to share thoughts and rub minds on best practices and innovative ways of achieving successful outcomes on my job. I'm really taking so much time off work to participate in the course work and hope it pays off in my daily, weekly, monthly output. Thanks to you all for helping out- in anticipation of your support!

Welcome Ikwo! It's always great to hear from someone who carries so much responsibility at an organization that's choosing to prioritize capacity building. What did you think of the Essentials of Nonprofit Strategy course? Has it be applicable to your owrk at CESDEV?

• @26266 said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

My name is Andrew from Uganda. Working as a Community Development Officer. I live in Kampala- Uganda. Nice to find you

Welcome Andrew! Can you share some more about your work? What organization do you work for and what's its mission?

Also, I encourage you to go check out the Community Development best practices post to respond to the discussion question and share your best practices with other community members

• Greetings !
    My name is Athanga
    I live in Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo
    I work with as Program Coordinator with an organization named Effective Life Vision. Our goal is to promote holistic development within communities in our region.
    I am currently enrolled in Global Social Entrepreneurship and I hope to share thoughts and rub minds on best practices and innovative ways of achieving successful outcomes on my job.
    Waiting for the pleasure of interacting with you !

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Community Development:

Hi everyone,

Hi My name is Herbert Vaughn; I'm from New Orleans, La; I'm a retired information-specialist;and I joined this community so that I could learn from others

• I'm Vincent Osim,from Ghana West Africa, I work with Verdant Global a youth and Community development organization that runs Volunteer exchange programs for international and national students and professionals. I'm the Director.
    I chosed this community because I'd want to gain more skills from other participants and network for partnership in helping out with our community volunteer projects which needs more partners for beneficiaries impact. I look forward to meeting new fellows! Cheers!

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! - Community Development:

Hi everyone,

hello!! my name is Ngoni Choto, i am from Mutare, Manicaland Province in Zimbabwe. i work at a civil engineering company as a Supervisor and a member of Junior Chamber International (JCI). i have been working with communities since 7th grade due to the i grew up under harsh conditions. so with that passion for better uplifting of communities i want to get involved full time in community development work. i believe i am in the right place with people with community and uplifting livelihoods at heart

1 Reply
  • @chotline said in Introduce yourself to the community! - Community Development:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! - Community Development:

Hi everyone,

hello!! my name is Ngoni Choto, i am from Mutare, Manicaland Province in Zimbabwe. i work at a civil engineering company as a Supervisor and a member of Junior Chamber International (JCI). i have been working with communities since 7th grade due to the i grew up under harsh conditions. so with that passion for better uplifting of communities i want to get involved full time in community development work. i believe i am in the right place with people with community and uplifting livelihoods at heart

Welcome Ngoni! ( @chotline )

We are thrilled to have you here. It is great to hear about your experience with and passion for community development. Are there any questions, ideas, or thoughts you would like to share with this community?

Thank you for being here!

Hi everyone,

Hello Everyone! My name is Syeda Farah Business Management Sharia Coordinator & Social Businesswoman
    Worker Women Juristic Problems Home Based-Small Business Consultant
    Peace Coach & Consultant Grass root Activist
    Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    CEO Rahman Global Socioeconomic Systems
    Coordinator Smart Digital Marketing LLC Dubai
    Founder Member Sindh Vocational Women Association
    Founder & Project Manager Sultan-Ul-Arifeen Organization for women
    International Correspondent Spokesperson Sultan Bahoo Educational Complex Trust
    I m donating now by inviting Philanthropy University team with all communities to join Rahman Global Socioeconomic Systems regarding 100 Years (11/11/1918-11/11/2018) of Socioeconomic development. As an Organizer at Event Tourism, Voluntourism & International Correspondent Spokesperson I m aware of it but not too much as i wanted the results

• My names are Angella Muwanga; residing in Kampala- Uganda; i am a co-founder of Hearts Extended Uganda ( an NGO established in 2014 to promote and protect the rights of disadvantaged children and women in our communities by providing material, psychological and advocacy support in order to further their education, health and livelihoods.); Looking forward to the interaction and value addition

• Hello everyone. My name is Edinah Osinde. I live in Nairobi. Currently am a student of Southern Adventist University, pursuing Master of Science in Global Community Development, hoping to start my internship of 32 weeks from February 2019. Concluding up my studies by September 2019. I have joined this community to learn more skills about M&E of projects, how to have sustainable projects in the community and to share the knowledge have learned that our communities are not empty, we have some resources where we can start from. Our glass is half full we only need some training to fill the glass. Hoping to learn and share to the community. Thanks

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@amanibaraka said in Introduce yourself to the community! - Community Development:

Hello everyone. My name is Edinah Osinde. I live in Nairobi. Currently am a student of Southern Adventist University, pursuing Master of Science in Global Community Development, hoping to start my internship of 32 weeks from February 2019. Concluding up my studies by September 2019. I have joined this community to learn more skills about M&E of projects, how to have sustainable projects in the community and to share the knowledge have learned that our communities are not empty, we have some resources where we can start from. Our glass is half full we only need some training to fill the glass. Hoping to learn and share to the community. Thanks

@amanibaraka said in Introduce yourself to the community! - Community Development:

Hello everyone. My name is Edinah Osinde. I live in Nairobi. Currently am a student of Southern Adventist University, pursuing Master of Science in Global Community Development, hoping to start my internship of 32 weeks from February 2019. Concluding up my studies by September 2019. I have joined this community to learn more skills about M&E of projects, how to have sustainable projects in the community and to share the knowledge have learned that our communities are not empty, we have some resources where we can start from. Our glass is half full we only need some training to fill the glass. Hoping to learn and share to the community. Thanks

Thank you
    Your are welcomed

• Hi All my name is Joyann and i am from Barbados. I am the founder member of The Sistah Talk Charity, our focus is educating our women and girls with business, vocational and academic skills. I have joined this community because I want to connect with like minded persons, I believe i can only better my organisation and myself from such a grouping.

• Hello everyone. im Lorena and i live and work in Bogotá, Colombia. Im currently working for Corporación Misión Rural as a project manager and I volunteer for Fairtrade Foundation in the UK, I am part of the commercial alliances team and I eventually help on translating documents for beneficiaries in Latinamerica. I think this platform is a great idea to learn, share information and be part of a non-profit worldwide network. Thanks for the idea..

Hi everyone,

Hi colleagues,
    I am Thon Jacob, a South Sudanese civil society activist. I work for Community Empowerment for Progress Organization, CEPO. Living in a war-ridden country such as South Sudan, empower communities through capacity building of various stakeholders: youths, women, community leaders, CSOs coalitions, for them to effectively address local issues through peaceful means.

Nice meeting you!!

Thon.

• Course Facilitator

My name is Japhet Aloyce Kalegeya. From Tanzania. I am working with Christian Education and Development Organization (CEDO).

Nice meeting you!!

• Dear All,
    I am very excited to participate in this country!
    My name is Aloys Gashema, I work for Food for the Hungry in Rwanda as M&E Coordinator, and I live in Kigali. I am very interested. I have been in the field with very limited access to Internet. I hope I will try to catch up during the weekend!

Blessings,

• @Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! - Community Development:

Hi everyone,

Greetings to all, my name is Robinson. I am from Mexico and I currently reside in the city of Tijuana, although I was born in Acapulco.
    Currently I collaborate with a civil association that works for community development in the state of Guerrero, with the intention of expanding our work to the entire country.
    I work as an advisor for entrepreneurs and small businesses. My role in the association is that of Executive Secretary, in charge of the planning and operation of the programs and activities we carry out.
    I decided to join this community for all the benefits it can bring to the development and consolidation of my association and as an added benefit to my personal and professional development.

• Hi.Im Elbiena Diedericks from South Africa.Working voluntary for an CID (City Improvement District) in Cape Town.Always seeking for oppertunities to improve the lifes of residents especially in the social development component.

• Hi everyone,
    I am Naswa from Kenya.i work at rafiki wa maendeleo a non-profit organisation that works directly with and for the community to alleviate their problems and provide a sustainable environment for all in the future.i joined the group so as to learn and develop skill on how to efficiently work with my community from like minded people like me.Thanks.

• Hi, my name is Annie Mwambazi Siame. i live in Zambia, Kabwe District in the central part of the country. i work for the Department of Community development under the Ministry of Community Development and Social Services. I am the District Community Development officer for the district. i basically play a supervisory role. i decided to join this community because i undertake community development work and would like to learn what others are doing in this area and learn more about the best practices.

• Hi everyone! I am Dianna, I am an educator and by default am into Community Development. In Jamaica community development is critical to the social and economic success of our nation and therefore schools and faith based organizations have greatest impact.....I am seeking to tap into creative ways of impacting my space through expanding my knowledge in this group.

• Hi, my name is nashia Habu from kaduna am a Nigerian, recently graduated Bs.c sociology, I'm hoping to work with a non-profit organization, I'm passionate about making a difference in the society, leave this world a better place that's why I decided to join this group to be with most of you whom are far ahead of me so I can learn.

• Hello everyone!
    My name is Fredrick Nonde Jr from Lusaka, Zambia. I am working with the Day by De Foundation and our many objective is to empower and create capacity for rural entrepreneurs and farmers in order to reduce poverty, improve food security and nutrition at the same time accelerate establishment of sustainable farming projects. I am currently working as projects manager and I write up the proposals for potential projects and when funding is secured, I am responsible for kick starting the projects, provide training for beneficiaries in various aspects especially entrepreneurship and project management and thereafter I am responsible for monitoring and ensuring project success.
    Looking forward to collaborating and learning from all of you!

• Hi. My name is Baisey from South Africa. I am currently a teacher but a community development officer by profession. I have joined this community to enhance my knowledge and broaden my perspective in every aspect of community development I come across within this
    platform and to network with like minded people for inspiration and encouragement. I plan to start my NPO with the aim of establishing community development projects.

• @Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! - Community Development:

Hi everyone,

Good morning, afternoon and evening everyone here. My name is Samson Oluwatoyin from Nigeria. I work in Petra Digital Press, Nigeria (west Africa). Post press department and I also provide professional photographs services for the organization when needed. There is a an arm created by the CEO of the organization which is called Global Gospel Fund (GGF) that provide foods, clothing, generators and others essentials in other to eliminating hunger in the society.
    I joined this community to establish an opportunity for GGF to have collaboration from UNICEF, USAID and world bank so to be a able to covet wider range of providing for the hungry in the entire places that are affected in the world also. Thank you.

• Greetings Philantopians,
    I am delighted to connect with people who care about changing communities in positive ways. I am Eliack Shikamo from North western part of Zambia. Eliack is Registered nurse serving a rural community of Mutanda in Kalumbila district. I live near Chief Mumena’s palace which is 56km away from Solwezi town the headquarters of North western province in Zambia. I have grown with a philanthropic heart as it began with me and my elder sister helping our grand mother in the village of Zangemenu. The interest to help communities became more profound for me when I lost my Baby boy Buwame Shikamo. This influenced me to start a child development organization aimed at helping children and their care givers in the chiefdom of Mumena. Being the founder of the Buwame Child Development Foundation have a big role of seeing the organization grow.
    Being part of the Philanthropic team shall enable me gain more knowledge and skill in advancing the call. Being into the business of helping the community requires sharing notes with other able minds. This will enable me achieve the objectives of starting the concept.

• I am from Nigeria, working as Community Development Inspector with Katsina State Local Government Service Commission.

• I joined the community to expand my knowledge and also contribute my own quota towards developing our communities and other humanitarian services.

• Hi, I am Chandanie from Sri Lanka. I am a civil engineer work in a government sector. As an engineer, we do construction for the wellbeing of community. But sometimes community object new development, though we think it is development. That is why I want to join this group.

• Hi,
    My name is Norentz and i am from Benin Republic where my organization is located.I am the founder and leader of the organization since january 2016.We are commited in generating what we call Solution Makers among youth under 25 through our program,to be able to solve our community problems.I join this community to learn more about good case pratices.

• My name is Mercy Barka from Nigeria. I am a development practitioner with specility in development communication.

• Hi everyone, I am Edwina. I live in Cameroon. I work with a community based organization (Community Empowerment Network Center Cameroon) as the project manager. I joined this group to learn better ways of relating with other stakeholders in the community and to share what I know about community engagement.

• While I was working in the elaboration of Council Development Plans for the various councils in my area,I realized that the community expressed needs that the councils did not know about,and that was one of the major reasons why projects carried out within the communities that were not expressed needs ended up failing. So I decided to work within the community to ensure that what the community members received as projects were expressed needs.

• Hi! I'm Robert Bulugu, living in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. I am working with TCDC, a non profit organization as SBCC COORDINATOR. I joined the community for the purpose of learning more on Social and behavior change communication (SBCC).

• My name is Nozipho From South Africa, I work for the non profit organization Mandelaville Crisis Committee. the goal of the organization is to promote sustainable community development and assessing the different need of the community and setting up resources to meet the needs. I joined the the platform so that I can learn more on the development of our communities and as well as personal development

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.