Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community! - External Relations and Partnerships

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the External Relations and Partnerships community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

A
    B
    S
    D
    4 Replies
  • Welcome @fionamac, @unia, and @deplomaci!

Can you all share a bit about yourselves? Why did you decide to join this community?

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the External Relations and Partnerships community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

My name is Emmanuel Virgillio Yusuf, from Nigeria. I am a Social Entrepreneur and the COO of Cynosure A-Cube Nig. Ltd. I am here to connect with potential donors.

1 Reply
  • @abok said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

My name is Emmanuel Virgillio Yusuf, from Nigeria. I am a Social Entrepreneur and the COO of Cynosure A-Cube Nig. Ltd. I am here to connect with potential donors.

Welcome Emmanuel! Great to have you here. Connecting with potential donors is a big tricky challenge - are you currently enrolled in our connecting with donors course?

I encourage you to also check out the best practices post in this discussion to share any best practices you may have about making partnerships truly successful. @Unia already shared some great stuff over there, check it out :)

• Course Facilitator

kalegeya@yahoo.com

My name is Japhet Aloyce Kalegeya from the peace country of Tanzania. I am a cofounder and Executive Director of Christian Education and Development Organization (CEDO).

I am choosing to join in this community to find partners, donors who might be interrested in my program of Development of Children. Given that malnutrition is a key of poor child gowth, poor school performance and development. Global statistics of malnutrition show that one in four children in worldwide is stunted SCiT 2012; 80% of stunted live in just 20 countries.

This program is aims to equip new parents, health service providers, volunteer community workers, families, and civil society organizations to ensure that childrens aged 0-5 years are given the best start of life. The program will provide training on infants and young child feeding, and gender, involved parents in Orange Fresh Sweet Potetoes Cultivation.
    The program is costs US$ 100,000.00 Now I come to this community, humbly, to ask for your help, will you consider becoming champion of this program.

• I'm Steve Adams from Lagos Nigeria. I just started working in the area of IT for Development. Basically what we try to do is bring FREE basic ICT education to inmates in Nigera's prisons. This way they are empowered to easily integrate back into society with their new skills in graphic design, web design, apps development, etc. I'm the Executive Director/CEO of this new social service initiative

• Hello everyone.
    My name is Chidinma Eke and I live in Asaba, Nigeria. I work with Cartege Cinemas as a Cinema Manager where I manage the daily running of the cinema and drive the performance of the team leaders to deliver on business key performance indicators.
    At the moment, I am working on transitioning in my career to being an administrator in the Nonprofit sector and I have joined this community as an avenue to interact, learn and contribute. These three put me on a solid pedestal to achieve this goal.

• Hi everyone
    My name is Lavena I am currently a university student, pursuing a Bachelor's degree. I joined this community because knowledge is wide ,and I wish to expand mine to the best that I can.

• @scottm said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello and welcome, @lavi/Lavena!

What are you studying and have you thought about how you would like to use your new knowledge right away and in the future?

Hello
    I am studying Social Work currently. yes I have thought about using my knowledge in the future.

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Hello everyone. My name is Aminu Olayinka I just joined this platform yesterday and i am here to learn more about human relations and management. I work as a planning engineer in project management department of my company. International energy services ltd is a Nigerian oil and gas Engineering design company. One of the top 3 in Nigeria. I am very happy to join this community and will also want to make good friends here. Feel free to ask me questions, there's nothing that cant be discussed as long as it is for knowledge sharing and professional development. Cheers

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! - External Relations and Partnerships:

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,
    My name is Abba Shadrach from Nigeria, I'm currently a student pursuing the BSc degree. I joined this community because of my drive for knowledge, and I hope to expand my knowledge to the highest level that I can.

• Hello everyone
    My name is Jumaa, am from Zanzibar, Tanzania am here to learn more about external internship, I have my on organization of Basketball awareness for the you once we teach them through playing bout effect of contemporary issues like drugs etc

• Hello, my name is Angela. I am from Hampton, Virginia in the U.S. I joined to educate myself on organizational leadership. I am a former Associate Technical Producer, with a B.A. in Theatre from Hampton U. My focus is strategy and planning to start my own organization which caters to those interested in arts related careers who may have barriers to pursuing their passion.

A
    1 Reply
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! - External Relations and Partnerships:

What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?
    Hi everyone! My name is Veronica and I live in Santiago, Chile. I have always been interested in fundraising because I work in a university with first generation higher education students. My goal is to find a way to level them up to succeed in the globalized world.

• Hello everyone. My name is Ya'u Muhammad from Nigeria. am willing to start a business on Animal Farming. i decided to join this group in order to have versed knowledge with regard to my business and also to learn more on how to scope, identify, build and plan a successful partnership in order to project my business to the zenith level.

• @Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! - External Relations and Partnerships:

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone, My name is Evelyn and i live in Lagos, Nigeria I work at Kaela studio, i work as a manager, i joined this community to enhance and build relationship and partner with external bodies.

1 Reply
  • Hi Everyone...
    Nana is my name and a businessman in in Ghana with vast expertise and experience in the Gold Mining industry. glad to be part of this community for possible networking and sharing of ideas. Doors are open for potential partner or anyone wanting to know more about Mining investments in Ghana.
    thank you all!!!!!!!!!

• My name is Kunle Pelemo. I live in Lagos,Nigeria. I am a suicide prevention and mental health awareness enthusiast. I founded a cause to this effect in my country and I wish to extend it to other African countries. I indeed want to rub minds and willing to partner with people in this community for so we foster mutual engagement and participation.

• @davidlyna said in Introduce yourself to the community! - External Relations and Partnerships:

@Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! - External Relations and Partnerships:

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone, My name is Evelyn and i live in Lagos, Nigeria I work at Kaela studio, i work as a manager, i joined this community to enhance and build relationship and partner with external bodies.

Good to have you on board Evelyn.

• I am Francis Oyat Otoo from Uganda and interested in being part of this to keep the brand of our institution Family Harvest Foundation a unique one in providing vocational education, health services and human resources development in Uganda. My organization is based in northern Uganda that once suffered a civil war for over 20 years and needs a multitude of development actors in reconstruction, construction and development initiatives to uplift the community. This course can make us contribute to the changes needed to uplift the livelihood of the people in Uganda. I hope development partners whose organisations have been successful in their country may team up with ours to contribute to development efforts.

• Hello. My name is Abdirahman Hassan Yussuf who live in Somalia and work for Puntland Youth Associations Network [PYAN]. My role is a program manager and a technical advisor to the chairperson of the PYAN. I join this community to further my knowledge on how to engage old and new partners as I am always with the chairperson when engaging partners to work together for youth programs in Puntland State of Somalia. Most of the time INGOs, UN agencies and donors as well as local private sectors minimize our role and make to sing to their tunes which might demoralize our staff and governance. One factor for such thing to happen to us is because of the insufficient skills of negotiating with partners in the partnering process. Additionally I would lkike also to gain more skills and knowledge regarding civil society organizaiton's management.

• My name is Ishmael Roland kamara, i live in makeni city,Sierra Leone West Africa. I am currently working for the Youth Empowerment for Sustainability Organization and i am the Executive Director. The main reason for joining is to expand my network base and to get external partnership for my organization.

• Hi dear Angela I am Arnaud wenpanga Kabore from Burkina Faso. Currently I'm student in Economic and Management Sciences at Université Thomas Sankara. I think we share the same goal. So I look forward to interacting more with you in order to learn more together.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.