Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Staff

Weekly Welcome 7-AUG-2018 for Fundraising and Resource Mobilization

Hello! We are trying something new to welcome everyone to the Fundraising and Resource Mobilization community of practice!

We are welcoming those who are new to this discussion space in the last week. The idea is to welcome new members each week and connect with each other so we have our own network for learning and improving the civil society work we do.

There were over 300 people who joined last week from the Measurement and Evaluation course! Wow! I can’t list them all or it might break the system. I randomly chose 50 people, but please join in and introduce yourself.

Let’s meet some of the people doing good work around the world!

Reply and tell us:
    1. What project are you trying to raise funds or organize for?

2. Why are you working on that project?

3. What is one lesson you have learned recently?

@TLangstaff
    @SivyBlaire
    @smart_sweta
    @Igwe
    @Waleed
    @Theresa
    @Stanleyobinna
    @Mercy_Okim
    @SINGU
    @VIERA
    @SusCain
    @Sandria
    @Maxzuel
    @determinedtolearn
    @Wallee
    @tyawati
    @TheStormOfIndia
    @Yac01
    @Sushilendra
    @Sheesh-1985
    @v-b_vishabhat2998_
    @XC_234
    @Sophak
    @Narabi
    @umkamboh
    @Windsorc
    @SimiOlusola
    @KAHOKO
    @Syuivy
    @Zurishaddai
    @MarisaVBD
    @Tonnex
    @Tetyo
    @Tyirdaw
    @Sophia97
    @Winnersbenard
    @Vionah
    @Tantan
    @UcheI
    @Stephenson
    @SilniaPrado
    @debarns
    @zakkaali
    @skpark1230
    @Soundarya
    @Yusuffajewa
    @Smreetee26
    @Nondo
    @TanayHarris
    @HamasMalik92

We are so happy to have you here! You can come here when you need support in with Fundraising and Resource Mobilization and we encourage you to come back and help others with their challenges when you can.

For everyone else, be sure to reply to people who are new and introducing themselves. Commenting in a new space can feel a little intimidating so let's give them a reply so they know we are in this together.

• Want to raise money for the project of Development of children in Tanzania.

Problem statement
    Malnutrition is a key of poor child growth and development, including early cognitive development, young child deaths among children less than 5 years old. Global statistics of malnutrition show that one in four children in worldwide is stanted SCiT 2012, 80% of stunted live in just 20 countries. And Tanzania is one of 10 countries worst affected country in the world TDHS 2010, also t about 130 children die every day in Tanzania, from causes related to malnutrition and it is the single greatest cause of child deaths in the country. The efforts are needed to support parents to ensure that their child are growth well during the mother's pregnancy and continuing until the child is 5 years old.

LESSON LEARNED
    The experience show that lack of knowledge on nutrition, infants and young child feeding, shortage of health workers and volunteer community workers trained in infants and young child feeding, lack of income to purchase nutritious food, low status of women in society, lack of entrepreneurship education, including absence of multi- stakeholders nutrition constituency encompassing a wide range of sector working on nutrition sensitive intervention are among the factors leading existing malnutrition problem especially in rural areas of Tanzania.
    How will this project solve the problem

The project will dealing with this problem by increase awareness on importance of infants and young child feeding to parents, health workers, families, CSOs; increase nutrition and incomes to parents to enable them to give their children the best start of life and strengthen on nutrition multi-sectral committee to increase efforts to support parents to ensure that their child are growth well during the mother's pregnancy and continuing until the child is 5 years old.

1 Reply
  • hello SCOTM, hope your day is going well.
    i just want to say thank you to all instructors in this class and to you mostly for your time and guidance to us the privileged once attending this course. you guys are doing great job in improving life through impacting of knowledge.
    my follow learners please feel relaxed and share your story because you will certainly receive answers and solutions to the story.
    am sure that you will not regret your time.
    give it a trial please.

my name is Obiagwu Chidiebere Barnabas, from Nigeria
    Founder and Project coordinator of De-barnkel's Global Initiative Nigeria.
    barnabaschidiebere2050@gmail.com
    thank you.
    This is the project am working on currently,

SUMMARY. Help to build and equip these school(s) with perimeter fence walls and chemicals for fumigation to prevent and sanitize these school(s) facilities to keep the children safe, Debarnkel’s Global Initiative is raising money to build a perimeter fence, patching of roofs leakage and buying of chemicals to fumigate the school environment and also make the environment conducive for learning processes.

CHANLLENGE. Kwali area council is one of the area council’s in Abuja, where most of the indigenes are poor peasant farmers, they have little or nothing to contribute towards infrastructure or social amenities, school(s) are built without perimeter fence and poorly equipped.

SOLUTION; De-barnkel’s want to change the status quo for LEA primary school(s) in kwali area council, we are addressing the most urgent situations and strengthening educational facilities in these area council there by making the school(s) more attractive and conducive.

LONG TERM IMPACT. with School perimeter fence available, the rate possible attack from invaders, insurgents, dangerous animals, noise and other possible distraction within the school.
    Perimeter fence of the school will make the pupils and students to be more focused, more proactive, more productiveness and more confidence in themselves. There will be no risk or trait to distract them from learning within the school(s) in these communities of the local government.

1 Reply
  • hello SCOTM, hope your day is going well.
    i just want to say thank you to all instructors in this class and to you mostly for your time and guidance to us the privileged once attending this course. you guys are doing great job in improving life through impacting of knowledge.
    my follow learners please feel relaxed and share your story because you will certainly receive answers and solutions to the story.
    am sure that you will not regret your time.
    give it a trial please.

my name is Obiagwu Chidiebere Barnabas, from Nigeria
    Founder and Project coordinator of De-barnkel's Global Initiative Nigeria.
    barnabaschidiebere2050@gmail.com
    thank you.
    This is the project am working on currently,

SUMMARY. Help to build and equip these school(s) with perimeter fence walls and chemicals for fumigation to prevent and sanitize these school(s) facilities to keep the children safe, Debarnkel’s Global Initiative is raising money to build a perimeter fence, patching of roofs leakage and buying of chemicals to fumigate the school environment and also make the environment conducive for learning processes. 

CHANLLENGE. Kwali area council is one of the area council’s in Abuja, where most of the indigenes are poor peasant farmers, they have little or nothing to contribute towards infrastructure or social amenities, school(s) are built without perimeter fence and poorly equipped.

SOLUTION; De-barnkel’s want to change the status quo for LEA primary school(s) in kwali area council, we are addressing the most urgent situations and strengthening educational facilities in these area council there by making the school(s) more attractive and conducive.

LONG TERM IMPACT. with School perimeter fence available, the rate possible attack from invaders, insurgents, dangerous animals, noise and other possible distraction within the school.
    Perimeter fence of the school will make the pupils and students to be more focused, more proactive, more productiveness and more confidence in themselves. There will be no risk or trait to distract them from learning within the school(s) in these communities of the local government.
    am seeking for $27,355 for this project and am optimistic that i will get the with your support and connection.

• Staff

Thank you for the detailed response @kalegeya! Please keep the group informed of your progress or come ask questions. If we work together, we can help each other solve the challenges we face.

• Staff

Thank you for your enthusiasm, @debarns! It helps very much to keep encouraging others.

I hope to see pictures of the progress of the fences you help get built to protect your schools. Keep coming back and sharing what you learn as you do your work locally!

• @ScottM,
    My name is Japhet Aloyce Kalegeya, I am a Cofounder and Executive Director of Christian Education and Development Organization (CEDO). It is sounds to me to hear that there are exciting Weekly opportunities of fundraising resources mobilization available to Philanthropy University learners.
    @ScottM, I think you might be interested in my program of Development of children that I working with.

SUMMARY
    The campaign of increase awareness to 1390 new parents, health workers, volunteers, families, CSOs on the importance of infants and young child feeding and gender, increase nutrition and incomes to households level to enable parents to give their children the best start of life and strengthen on nutrition multi-sectral committee to increase efforts to support parents ensure that their child are growth well during the mother's pregnancy and continuing until the child is 5 years old.
    PROBLEM
    Malnutrition is a key of poor child growth and development, including early cognitive development, young child deaths among children less than 5 years old. Global statistics of malnutrition show that one in four children in worldwide is stunted SCiT 2012, 80% of stunted live in just 20 countries. And Tanzania is one of 10 countries worst affected country in the world TDHS 2010, also about 130 children die every day in Tanzania, from causes related to malnutrition and it is the single greatest cause of child deaths in the country. The efforts are needed to support parents to ensure that their child are growth well during the mother's pregnancy and continuing until the child is 5 years old.
    The experience show that lack of knowledge on nutrition, infants p, families, CSOs; increase nutrition and incomes to parents to enable them to give their children the best start of life and strengthen on nutrition multi-sectral committee to increase efforts to support parents to ensure that their child are growth well during the mother's pregnancy and continuing until the child is 5 years old.
    HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM
    The project will dealing with this problem by increase awareness on importance of infants and young child feeding and gender to new parents, health workers, families, CSOs; increase nutrition and incomes through orange fleshed sweet potatoes cultivation to enable parents to give their children the best start of life and strengthen on nutrition multi-sectral committee to increase efforts to support parents to ensure that their child are growth well during the mother's pregnancy and continuing until the child is 5 years old.
    IMPACT
    1390, new parents, health workers and volunteers, CSOs are trained in infants and young child feeding, 20 acers of orange fleshed sweet potatoes are cultivated, nutrition and incomes is increased in households level. New parents are supported to ensure children are given the best start of life. Now children from rural areas of Tanzania are given the best start of life; they are healthily and they are perform well in education.

My project is cost US $ 50,000.00, for 12 months, and will be used for reach 1390 people in training, discussion, and OFSP cultivation. Now I come to you humbly to ask you to support this project.

• @scottm said in Weekly Welcome 7-AUG-2018 for Fundraising and Resource Mobilization:

have learned recently?

Hi my name is Sandria Watkis-Madden. I am a cofounder of Nissi Youth Empowerment Center. The main focus of our programme is to provide a safe space where at-risk youth, more specifically high school drop outs, will be able to express themselves through art and creative writing while learning effective conflict and anger management skills, developing self awareness skills and improving their numeracy and literacy skills.

Youths who are not gainfully engaged or who lack proper social skills have a greater chance of finding themselves on the wrong side of the law and so the programme is to help rehabilitate as well as empower these youths with the skills needed to thrive in an ever changing world

1 Reply
  • Staff

Welcome @sandria!

I am trilled to have you with us. I hope you will share ideas, articles, videos that have helped you with fundraising for your important work!

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.